August 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by whitray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Only downside is the price (a bit pricey) and package (no pump)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by DVick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for about 3 years. I buy the combo/oily formula. I never have to set it with a powder, and it controls my shine throughout most of the day. I have repurchased this several times. It gives really good coverage, most of the time I don't even need a concealer. There are plenty of shades to choose from, and you can usually get them on sale which is great. It does have a thick consistency so I like to use a sponge wedge or my fingers to apply it. The only con is that it does not come with a pump. However, one of the maybelline foundations that has a pump does actually fit the revlon colorstay. So overall I love this foundation, and do recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ash333

I bought this foundation yesterday and I'm wearing it right now....LOVE IT so far! I have weird skin....Oily in some spots but dry in others so I find it difficult to find the right foundation. I've been wearing this for 6 hours now and i must say its probably the best foundation I've ever used as far as staying power. My face was starting to look slightly shiny however I just quickly blotted over it with a tissue and almost all the shine was gone again. I don't really have a problem with the packaging, I just tip a little onto a plastic lid which keeps it from drying out, I then apply it with a damp sponge which makes it easier to spread as this foundation does dry quicker than others.

UPDATE: Unfortunately I have to report that this foundation made me break out in little white pimples under the skin and red lumps like insect bites. Im so disapointed because this is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly while also giving a flawless look :(
    Can anyone recomend something that gives just as good coverage without breaking me out?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation: it covers my acne scars, red spots, discoloration; it doesn't break me out, which I was half expecting from such a full coverage foundation; it doesn't give me a fake, overly matte appearance, and it controls oil (hurray!!) quite well.
    I struggle to find decent colors for me, as in Italy we aren't very well equipped for pale skins, so I got 180 sand beige which was ok for summer when I have a slight tan, but I have had to order 150 buff from the U.S. because I can tell Sand Beige will be a bit dark for me in the winter. It doesn't have a pump, which is a pity. I apply it with my fingers (not too good with brushes yet) when my moisturizer is just dry, so my skin is soft and the product is easier to blend. All in all, though, I like this a lot, and even though it's not super cheap here (21 euros) I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by lautjuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

first of all everybody knows that this foundation hasn't got a pump so I gave the colorstay four lippies instead of five.
    I live in holland and there are is just one place nearby to where I live where I can buy this foundation. and on top off that they don't even sell the entire color range. so they dont sell ivory and buff, because they don't have ivory and buff the lightest color the sell was 180 sand beige and that is the one I bought. I know the foundation is to dark for me so I mix it with three or four drops of mac face and body white. it works wonderfully. the coverage is still enough for me, the foundation is nice and matt but not to matt. it lasts all day. colorstay also looks really natural on my skin, it doesn't clog my pores and it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ladydayholiday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I thought that the buff beige in Oily/Combination formula was way too yellow, and I wasn't hot on the packaging. I prefer a pump because I like to be precise about how much foundation I'm putting on my face.

However, after trying it out for about a week I've been won over. FYI, I mix HEB brand zinc oxide and titanium dioxide SPF 70 sunscreen with my foundation in my hand right before I apply because I find it's quicker and easier to apply suncreen that way.

The coverage is a little better than average when I first apply it, but what makes it so great is that I don't get as oily during the day, which makes my foundation last. I usually need to blot 2-3 times a day. But when I'm not oily I don't have to worry about the oil on my face making my makeup slide and shift into the creases of my face. This foundation is amazing because it CONTROLS THE OIL more effectively than anything I've used previously.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

after hearing so many raves about this foundation and having so many people urging me to give it a try, i decided to jump on the bandwagon! And i was really hesistant at first at whenever i swatched it in the drugstores, the colour( too pinkish looking because the lightest shade in my country is sand beige), the thick creamy messy consistency and the smell puts me off. But i took a plunge and got it. I tried it on my face and im surprised by these things : its good coverage, its creamy texture which doesnt accentuates pores, and how it is not dead matte like EL DW. Altho this hasnt reach HG status for me, i have been using it most often as compared to my other LFs. However, i will be happier if my country can bring in more shades and revlon can include a pump!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by AmyJoJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best fondation I have found. My skin is oily in the t zone. This stuff holds up nicely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Beladahmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

best foundation ever.... bar none... better than some department store brands... and it really stays on!! i will buy this over and over again... cheap and THE BEST! just wish it had a pump...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never used to be a foundation person - I've always had pretty good skin and only needed tinted moisturizer, until recently as age and hormones and sun damage has started to set in. As my first foundation, I chose this based upon a makeup artist's recommendation. I heard that it doesn't make you break out, which is my main concern. I also heard that it has great coverage and goes on smoothly.

I do agree that it doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out, but I'm not sure about the coverage part of it. To me, it does as well if not just slightly better than my tinted moisturizer. It's not full coverage, but it does do a good job of smoothing my skin tone and hiding some of the pigmentation. I don't know if this would be a good foundation for someone who is used to heavier coverage or requires more.

It does go on nice and smooth and I put it on as I would a moisturizer. The only thing about that is, it is a bit messy because of just how liquidy it is and it's in that bottle with a wide top. I think I'm going to get a brush for future application.

It lasts quite a while but had a hard time standing up to heat and humidity after a few hours. I had issues with shine and it almost looked as though I hadn't put any foundation on at all. I will probably stick to tinted moisturizer in the summer months but use this fall through spring.

After a long time trying for figure out what color I might need, I picked one out that seems to work perfectly, much to my surprise. I use the warm golden and it blends wonderfully with my light tan skin tone.

With such a great price, no break outs and even skin tone, I will repurchase this product. It has been recommended above even MAC foundation and I agree - it is worth a try!