MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I dont know what any 21 year old like me needs with a foundation like this.I bought it after hearing the great reviews on here and im so disappointed. Its thick and heavy on. It is also too drying- i have combo skin but a few dry areas around my forehead and this foundation just ephasised them even more. I put this on in my room, thinking it was a bit thick but carried on none the less as i had to get to a job interview. As soon as I stepped outside my friend was like WHAT THE HELL have u got on your face? she was right. I looked in a mirror in the natural light and it looked like i had a thick pasty, cakey mask on. My friend actually thought i liked looking like that but i seriously used a light hand with this foundation as i could see it was quite thick from the start but i never thort it'd be this bad. no. not for me.and by the way im not one of these 'tinted moisturiser' only type of girls in fact i hate sheer coverage my skin isnt great, but it also doesnt need a mask of disguisting foundation on it either. i give it 1 lippie for the pretty glass jar and the great colour shades.if u are looking for a fuller coverage lasting foundation that isnt cakey pls think about EL doublewear- so much better than this.

on 8/20/2006 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you have a lot of problem areas and you need excellent coverage, this product will be your new best friend. It covers like no other foundation I have ever used. Using Brush 187 it gives you a very airbrushed finish. It doesnt look cakey or too piled on. I definently recommend this product to anyone.

on 8/19/2006 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Since Makeup Forever face and body (No.20) broke me out this summer, I tried Mac fluid (NC25). NC25 is too yellow for me, I prefer Makeup forever Ivory 20, so I only apply it very very sheerly. I only use little (so little) with a wet sponge (with water or with moisturizer), sometimes I use a brush.

I love it during the summer.

on 8/17/2006 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

*sigh* I'm so sad! Just when I thought I'd found the perfect foundation, I'm allergic to it...and I've never had an allergic reaction to foundation before. Irony is that I'm not allergic to the Studio Fix powder foundation. It gave great medium/full coverage, kept me from getting oily, didn't catch onto any dry skin flakes, and matched my face perfectly. Only problem? I had little pink itchy marks appear on my face and it made me break out!!! The only reason why I didn't give this a really bad mark is because I think that for anyone that doesn't have a reaction to this, it would be a great foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really really REALLY love this fndt. This is the only line I have ever found (besides Shiseido but it smells like old lady to me) that is yellow enough for me. I think if they had a shade called banana I would buy it seriously! I am so yellow, I may as well be jaundiced! Anywho! This lasts on me and the finish is a natural matte. I follow this with select sheer powder and voila! A perfect face. Alas, the reason for 4 lippies instead of 5 is that during PMS, this does aggravate my breakouts...not extreme, but instead of maybe 2-3 my jaw will break out into about 10 small ones. They always go away and they arent cystic or giant puss ones or anything so i deal with it for a week b/c I refuse to give up this wonderful fndt. Def repurchase and have done so 3 times already.

on 8/10/2006 1:24:00 AM

I absolutely love this. It's the perfect foundation for me - flawless coverage, light, natural looking. I was inititally a bit hesitant about purchasing this because I heard it made a bunch of people break out, but I'm very glad I gave in. It's a bit expensive though (43 Sing dollars) , but if it lasts me a long time I suppose it's well worth the money. I would definitely repurchase again and again !

on 8/7/2006 1:20:00 AM

I love it. I used the powder studio fix for years, but my skin was getting dry patches and I thought a liquid foundation would look better. And oh man! This is "it!" Flawless finish, variable coverage (depending on how much you put on), and goes a long, long way. I apply it with a brush, and I just may never switch foundation again.

on 8/4/2006 11:02:00 PM

after using the samples for two days, i notice my bumps turned into whiteheads. i am satisified with the coverage but i hate the part where it breaks me out. i will never buy this.

edit: 2/28/08: after trying this out again and buying a full size bottle, i can say that it never broke me out. maybe the sample that i got was a bad batch.

on 7/31/2006 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After I had given up on my eternal quest to find the perfect foundation, I stumbled onto this one at my local MAC counter. And yes ladies and gentlemen I think I have finally found "the one"....foundation that is :). I need a full coverage foundation, mainly to even out my skin and cover up an occasional blemish, and this suits me perfectly. But my friend who has a near perfect complexion (which I secretly hate her for), also uses this as a sheer foundation and it works perfectly for her as well. As for the price, well it's no more expensive than any other department store brands. But like I mentioned it can go from sheer, to full coverage so IMO it's well worth the price.

on 7/27/2006 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like the coverage of MAC foundations but I do breakout on occasions when I use them. This one has great coverage. Though I do get mild breakouts from it. So I only use it on special occasions. I must say that it would get a 5 star rating but MAC foundations and powders don't agree with my skin. Oh well.

But I am sure there are women out there who will love this product.