October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

I thought this product was oxidizing on me, but i went up a shade and then to NW from NC and it seemed to match perfectly. I used this with a light dusting of the new Blot powder on top.

In studio fix powder I'm NC30, and in the fluid I am NW20. NC's made me look orange.

No clogged pores from this one either. But the best part for me is that the coverage lasted all day, and naturally on me. I was shopping outside on a sunny day on sunday for several hours and the foundation did not sweat off or slide on me at all. I had plenty of opportunities to check myself out in natural light/ mirrors and I can say that it did not oxidize or end up looking cakey by the end of the day. I went from 9am to 7pm with it on and looking good!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

I love the coverage but do not like the smell it is so stinky I have to take mine back because I am usually NW 35 but this is way to dark for me I wish they would have made this an pump also

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Fawny

This might be the best foundation I have ever used, it makes my skin look dewy but not shiny! The coverage is fabulous too. I am so happy MAC came out with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Studio Fix Fluid was actually too light for me. I had to go up darker in color (Unlike others who seemed to have gone lighter). The nc42 was very chalky on my skin and not a perfect color match, so I returned nc42 and got nc44. It's way darker then nc42 at first glance, and I felt like it would be too dark, but it's a better color match for me, and the blot loose powder that I use to set it does even everything out. I also picked up a pump from the Pro Store for $3.00 because the foundation is so creamy/thick that it's hard to get out of the glass bottle. So far, Studio Fix Fluid is working on my combo oily skin very well and no breakouts to mention. It gives a nice semi-matte finish and holds back the oilies pretty well. I am really hoping that this will continue to work well for me because most MAC foundations give me annoying whiteheads or causes breakouts if I use it too often. I'll update if things change for the worst.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

Generally I would wait a bit before reviewing a foundation to make sure it didn't break me out, but I know there's a lot of hype about this and a lot of people are wanting reviews so I'll do one :)

I love this. I've only worn it twice so far but I really love it. It's very smooth, it doesn't make me flake like liquid foundations tend to do. I've been trying to use powder foundations instead but can never get smooth, even coverage. I was actually at MAC to try to find a primer to make my Clinique perfectly real powder foundation go on smoother and tried this on a whim, and the Clinique is definitely going to be returned. MAC has the best color match I've found in foundation -- NW 20 -- everything else is always too yellow or orange for me. It's been years since I've used a MAC foundation but I'm the same color in this as I am in both MAC concealers I've bought recently and the color has stayed true on me more so than most other foundations do. Used over moisturizer, the finish is matte but not overly or unnaturally so. My one gripe is the packaging -- I don't like that you have to pay extra to buy the pump; MAC isn't expensive but it's enough that you should get decent packaging for your money rather than having to buy it seperately. Unless my skin changes drastically (as it's been prone to do), I could see this being the first foundation that I ever repurchase.

Update: The more I use this the more I love it. I'm really not sure why I was so obsessed with finding a powder foundation that worked, this is perfect. The "buildable" coverage is actually buildable, I've never seen it work without caking before. I apply a very tiny bit all over my face, then another thin layer over my cheeks where my acne marks are, cover up the worst ones with studio finish concealer, and use the studio touch up stick during the day for (duh) touchups. I have neither broken out nor had it dry my skin out. It's a very matte finish, my skin (normal in oil level but breakout prone) doesn't even need a powder with it, but it's not powdery looking like maybelline pure or the clinique perfectly real. Of all the foundations people are making a big deal of right now, this is the only one I consider worthy of its hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, wow. I LOVE this. It's everything I was hoping for. *This* is what I'd wanted LM Oil-Free (which I was majorly disappointed in) to be like! The coverage is AMAZING; covers red or uneven patches perfectly, but still looks natural.
About the colour thing-- I'm NC15 and it was a great match for me. Maybe the NW line runs darker? Seems most people who've had trouble were NW. I'm really fair but NC15 was perfect, even in natural light (I scruntinized it in bright daylight just to be sure!). Even after several hours of wear, this hasn't oxidised at all on me, either-- unlike the Select SPF foundation. I've been wearing this with the Loose Blot, so I'm not sure if that might help prevent the oxidization.
At any rate, I've been using a sample of this but I will definitely purchase this soon. It seems like it will last a long time, too, since it's very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way. I'm going to try it mixed with Strobe Cream next for a dewier look. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by mniehle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am thinking that so far I like this foundation better than my prior Select Spf 15 foundation for my combo/oily skin. I don't need very much foundation, since my skin is very even to begin with, so I find that I am still playing around with how much to use, if anyone has any suggestions on this, please write me. Like other reviewers mentioned, I too had to go down half a shade in this foundation from NC30 to NC25. It is so important to get help with a shade before purchasing this product. I believe this foundation dries down darker on people only with oily/combo skin. So far I believe I would repurchase this product. Edit: 3/20/2006 OK, I thought I was hating this and that it was too thick, but I realized it was the moisturizer I was using under it. I tried it with MACs Oil Control Lotion and now it feels like it did again when I had no moisturizer on underneath. I also DO NOT like applying this with the foundation brush. If I apply this with the #187 brush I can put on a much sheerer amout for minimal coverage. All in all a good product, just a lot work to learn how to use this so it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 5:03:00 PM More reviews by glamerpuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I wear an NW20 in Studio Fix Fluid as well as the others so I don't understand how people can say it's running dark. Like any formulation - skin type and prep may alter the colour a bit. The key to this foundation is only applying a LITTLE bit. Start in the middle of your face with a tiny amount and blend outwards. Don't cover your whole face like you would normally - it's a beautiful finish and looks more natural. Some people may want (or need) to cover their whole face and they can, but the trick is still to use a tiny amount - a little goes a very long way. Perhaps if someone is using their regular colour and applying too much it may look unnatural and a lighter colour feels better. If applied sparingly, you should be ok with your natural colour. A definite repurchase!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by muakitten

I'm REALLY disappointed that Studio Fix Fluid runs so dark. It's horrible! As a PPP, the lightest shade (NW15) is a perfect match for me in Studio Fix Powder and all the concealers, so I don't understand why MAC is making Studio Fix Fluid darker. I was counting on this oil-free foundation to be my new favorite. But I'm just going to tell myself that I would have hated it had it matched well, since I'm not really a fan of super-matte finishes, and based on the other reviews it's extremely matte. Hope this review helps some of my fellow PPP's.

In response to member glamerpuss, who reviewed this above: I did not cake on this foundation. A MAC MA applied this very sparingly on me with a foundation brush. Even she said the shades are running really dark in this formula. I want to warn anyone who is pale enough to wear NW15 like myself that Studio Fix Fluid will be too dark in that shade. And NC15 won't work either, because it's too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

This is nothing short of a godsend to someone like me, with combo skin that tends to eat all makeup within hours, especially in my warm Arizona climate. It's easily the best MAC foundation I've ever tried, and definitely one of my top foundations ever. It gives my combo skin a matte, velvety finish with excellent coverage; it also provides a good base for my cream blushes, which normally slide right off me. Though this has a reputation for being dodgy with color, I'm an NC30 who is wearing this just fine in NC30. Excellent foundation.