MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

In terms of coverage, this is a great foundation, you barely need concealer with this. But it is a heavy foundation, almost mask-like. It does look better when buffed with the MAC 187 brush. And you don't need to set with powder, it doesn't feel sticky or greasy when it dries. I really don't encourage using powder on top of this, because it will look really heavy and make your features look too evened out and 'flat'. The color (NC30) might be a tad too yellow. I don't use this foundation regularly, and I don't think I'd recommend using it daily, since it tends to give me a pimple now and then.
Overall, not bad, but not great either. continued >>

You either like this foundation, or you dont. There is no middle. First, I have combination skin (dry cheeks, dry around the lips, oily t zone), acne prone skin, lots of acne scars, lots of massive acne on cheeks.

I highly highly do not recommend this foundation to people of dry skin. Even with a primer (I used Mac strobe), even with a thin layer of moisturizer underneath (I used Shesido), the dryness shows when the foundation is applied over dry skin.
Also, I have noticed that the foundation DOES give me more acne. I read MUA before purchasing this, and I did read the "this gave me breakouts" notes. But I took a chance and thought maybe it wouldn't apply to me. I was wrong.

I have the yellow based skin tone (asian) and I used NC25. I get slightly tanned in the summer, but I'm usually pale. I wish I got NC20 because NC25 seems to be a bit darker than my skintone. I give it a 2 because it has been the only foundation that I have tried that had a yellow base.. (note, clinique is very very pinkbased).
Also, the foundation does get oily and kinda sits on the face after long hours, whilst still maintaining that dry-look on the dry parts of the skin. Weird huh?

Also, this foundation does not fully cover my acne scars or my acne. Which I understand and accept because hardly any of my foundations have been able to. HOWEVER, this foundation is way too heavy for day use. It looks caked on. I use the MAC foundation brush and even if I apply a light layer, it just looks caked. Maybe it's because of the dryness that it creates. Or it could be the oilyness at the tzone. But I do use this at night where I cake it on when I go out to parties. When i cake it on for night use, acne + scars are 80% visibily gone.. And my skin looks pretty good in photos I must say.

I hate the packaging. I thought i could deal with the weird packaging but it gets very annoying after a daily use. I wish I bought the pump.
I recommend this to anyone with tiny pimples and scars, who has a non-dry skin, and for people that want to use it for night-use.
Seriosuly, the people here that say that it looks 'natural' must think that the caked on look is 'natural' and 'flawless'. Trust me, I know how to put on makeup after years of experience and this just doesn't do justice for me.

Love this!! I'm not a huge fan of liquids, but I love the SF powder, so i thought i would give this a go. The colors are weird for MAC - I wear a C3 in most everything - NC25 was straight yellow on me, NW25 was better but still a tad orange, NC30 was the best by far - I think b/c it has more of a beige-tone rather than a straight yellow. The coverage is medium & buildable & I'd say the finish is a natural-matte - doesn't have to be powdered, but can be. I use it over Prep & Prime w/ a 187 brush for an airbrushed look & it's gorgeous all da. I use w/ a 190 brush for heavier coverage. I only use a dab, so the bottle will last me forever. My only complaint is that you have to buy a pump separately, but the beautiful wear & finish of this is worth that little trouble. Definitely worth getting a sample, just be sure you get properly color-matched!

My very first foundation was Studio Fix powder, and I ended up straying, for the reason that it looked quite thick and cakey, and I wanted more of a luminous, but not greasy, finish, on my combo-to-oily skin. It's been years and I've tried everything now, from Revlon to Chanel, Clinique to Make Up For Ever, and while I've considered Prescriptives Virtual Skin my HG, my sudden discovery of Studio Fix Fluid is threatening to shake that claim. This buildable foundation lasts all day, and what's most amazing, it makes my skin look airbrushed and velvety. $30CAD for 30ml.

This is my HG foundation. It is seriously the best! I have tried EVERYTHING...nothing even comes close to this.

The price isn't bad compared to a lot of foundations, and you get a pretty decent amount. The packaging is okay...could be better.

The first time I tried it I thought it looked awful. I tried it a second time and loved it. It's all how you apply it. I recommend if you don't like it to try it again following these steps...

1. Get corner on sponge saturated in it
2. Swipe across entire face
3. Blend it well
4. Dip your finger in foudation and dab on to place that need more coverage
5. Keep dabbing until spot is covered
6. Put a powder over it...my choice is Revlon Skin Lights for a fresh, dewy look

Hope it works as good for you as it does for me =]

I like the coverage I get out of this. My only complaint would be that it's not quite as long wearing as the MA told me it would be. Usually after about 5 hours or so my face starts to feel oily and I get quite shiny.

This product works great! I was using MAC's Studio Tech foundation but decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did! The coverage is great and a little goes a long way! My face looks flawless when I wear this! The foundation lasted all day on me where usually by the end of the day my Studio Tech foundation was almost completely gone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this almost a year ago (NC40) but in the last couple of months I looked at it closely in natural sunlight (when I was putting it on) that it went on ORANGE. I have no idea what took me so long to realize the flaws in the foundation. It would also "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it. It's not as noticable from far away but I know it's there, so I feel uncomfortable about it. The only real plus is its coverage properties--the medium to buildable coverage is great. My bottle has about 1/4 left but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The packaging is a bit odd - you have to actually pay to get a foundation pump to go with it????? And without that pump, it's really a mess. But anyway. The smell is awful, I felt like I was rolling paint onto my skin. Was no help for my oily T-zone. Plus, it caused cystic acne that took forever to subside. Ended up taking it back for a refund.

I have this in NC15 and I like to apply it with my MAC 187 brush otherwise I find that it can go on a little bit too thick. Once blended, this foundation lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. There does appear to be a slight emulsion paint-like smell that soon disappears. I did try the NC20 shade for when I have a bit more colour in the summer, but it was very very yellow based so I will have to find something else for the warmer months. Overalll this is a great foundation but I would definitely check out the colours at the counter before you buy to get a true match.