October 21, 2014 | 1626 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pao256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation in combo skin formula and love it! Let's get to the point...1- I have oily to very oily skin, ok so one night I went out to a dinner and a party, came home fell asleep without washing my face, and it broke me out (BUT what makeup doesn't break you out if you don't wash your face at night!!!) HOWEVER to my surprise after a very long night when looking in the mirror, my makeup looked flawless..GREAT LASTING POWER 2-Did NOT cause BREAKOUTS. It did break me out but just that one night I slept with it. I wouldn't say I have super sensitive skin but I do have acne prone skin 3- It's TRANSFER RESISTANT to the fullest 4. Covers up a lot. I usually prefer little coverage but when my skin looks a mess and I have to be somewhere or something to do this is "the foundation" because It gives me FULL COVERAGE..
    5. This foundation is very matte
    6. Great for my strong yellow undertones
    7. Would prefer over many high end foundations... IT'S cheap when comparing and does a better job then a lot of them..
    CONS
    1. Smells a little like paint when applying but when on face I either got accustomed to it or the smell went away
    2. I wish it had a pump! Always dispense more then needed.. I'm a little clumsy
    3. Not very blendable but play with it to achieve perfection
    4. Feels a little heavy when comparing to other foundations
    So I give it a 6 out of a 5 for what it is supposed to . Def recommend.

It's been a while since I've been playing around with this foundation.. I loved and have fallen more in love with this foundation. Found the perfect application.. I combine moisturizer and the foundation. You can get the exact consistency. Without moisturizer, it can be a little thick, yet, you can achieve your individual perfect consistency by the amount of moisturizer you add. Still stays on all day. It's simply so much easier to apply and looks so much more natural-still giving you great coverage. HOpe it's helpful

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by samiam321

I really do like this foundation. I understand the breakout issue people are having, but they way I do my makeup is foundationly only over patches of pimples that need it (Like I get acne pretty bad on my cheeks, but thats almost it) ands wash off when I get home. Great coverage. Pretty inexpensive too. I do wish they would add a pump because it has spilled and wasted a bunch of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by casell

Cons: It looks orangey/reddish on my yellowish skin tone. It's not great for flash photography. Since it has spf, it reflects light and is too obvious in photos. It's kinda hard to blend because it's thick (that's why it stays put all day).

Pros: A bottle could last for 6 months depending on your application and how often you use it. I didn't have breakouts on this product. What I love most is that, it really stays all day. It provides good coverage and covers my dark spots really well. (as if I am naturally flawless)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I have very oiily skin. I wanted a foundation that covers my redness and hopefully reduces my oily face. I decided to try revlon colorstay. It worked great. Great coverage, oil free. This was too good to be true. I started breaking out a lot. I would get pimples here and there but this was outta control.its embarrassing. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It lasts all day and the coverage is buildable. It does not rub off on your clothes, and if you touch your face, which I have the tendency to do, you wont get foundation stains everywhere, like all other foundations I have ever used. The only con I have is that there is no pump to get the product out so you can waste the product, and the color for darker skin is spread out between shades, meaning that I have to purchase two and mix for my NW45 tone. Best to buy during a BOGO sale IMO. Other than that, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and am usually the lightest shade in most lines. In Revlon Colorstay, I am shade 2, Buff. I use the oily skin version since I am combination leaning oily and live in Florida. The color is a great match and the price is fantastic, especially when it's on sale. The finish is a matte/natural hybrid, and it provides full coverage. I personally get the best results when I apply with a sponge and blend with a flat top brush. My biggest complaints are that it can look very cakey if not blended perfectly, and any area of minor dryness is immediately magnified with this formula. I briefly tried the dry skin version and was not impressed- the wear was not the same, nor was the shade. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first say that I no longer use this - but I did use it for probably about a year so I can talk about it!
    I am NC20 in MAC and am Buff in this line. It is a really perfect match for my skin tone.
    When I was using this - I had a lot of skin problems (that turned out to be due to hormones - new BCP really helped). My skin is pretty clear now and I haven't used this since I had problems.
    However, I do think this is a good dupe for the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. You can often find good deals at drugstores - BOGO deals, you'll just have to check their circulars. If you are starting a makeup kit for work, these are great to have - they make a wide variety of shades, and if you can get good deals, you can have a lot to offer clients.
    This stuff is easy to use, blends really well, and stays on during the day in a really amazing way. I would definitely suggest using both a primer and a setting powder with this (as I would with most foundations). I have an oily tzone, and this stayed on really well throughout the day. I use MUFE HD primer, and ELF HD setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by electricbloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would never buy this product again. I had fairly clear skin, a pimple here and there, but once I bought this product by the next week I has covered with acne. Defiantly broke me out. The coverage is good to hide the acne it creates though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nolly9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation! gives me the best coverage and is my all-time favorite foundation. i always end up going back to this and i find it the best. but like a lot of people have mentioned, the packaging isn't the great. if they added a pump it would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply put- this sucks. It only lasts a few hours and it made my skin break out (I used to have an acne problem, but I got my skin fixed with several microdermabrasion sessions, and never had such a break out until now) I definitely don't recommend this product for anyone with an acne problem.