April 16, 2014 | 1812 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by evilwitch

I love, love, love the colorstay foundation. It looks natural, it's matte, it's not cakey, what more can a girl ask? It covers really well (medium to high), you can build it up, you can use it instead of a concealer (on the red spots, but I would not recommend to use it around your eyes instead of concealer). Now there are some little minuses. You have to work fast because it dries pretty quickly on the skin. For me the best method is using my fingers (it heats the foundation a little so it's easier to work with). If you don't use a primer (like me) and have oily spots after several hours, even if you put powder on top, you can see a bit of shine. The packaging is not the best, a pump will be great.
    I really love this foundation, for the last few weeks my skin really hates me and I have several zits, but I can cover them really well using only this foundation and a powder , so yeah I really recommend trying this foundation. At first I didn't like it because I had problems applying it, I tried brushes and a sponge, but now that I found the best way for me to apply it I really love it. And a big plus, a bottle lasts around 5-6 months used every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by SapphireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! I found my HG foundation, and it's cheap too! Well, not compared to other drugstore brands, but compared to other foundations I've been buying; MAC, Smashbox, Lancome, Clinique, Bare Minerals, Dermablend, etc. I honestly wasn't expecting much from Revlon, yet alone any drugstore foundation. But this one is absolutely amazing. I'm extremely acne/clog-prone, oily, and I have enlarged/scarred pores. Miraculously, this stuff doesn't break me out nor clog my pores, as long as I remove it all at night. It somehow keeps my oily face matte ALL DAY. It doesn't make my pores or pitted scarring look worse, in fact, it makes them look a whole lot better (with a little help from my Sephora Filler primer)! It's basically full coverage; I don't need a separate concealer for random zits or anything. It doesn't transfer onto things like clothing, which my boyfriend really appreciates. When I first put it on, it literally looks like second skin! How I apply it is first, moisturize. Wait a few minutes. Prime. Wait a few minutes. Shake the bottles (I mix Buff and Sand Beige for a perfect match). Dump a little onto a small plate. Apply a thin layer at a time with a damp sponge (the ones that expand when ran under water) by patting and blending upwards, then smooth downwards. A makeup artist told me to go downwards lastly to give your face a smoother look. Then I set it with Dream Matte powder. And wala. My face looks nearly flawless, and that's saying a lot coming from a scarred face. I'm praying they never discontinue this product or change the formula. The only thing they should do to it is give it a pump! I'll keep repurchasing forever. I'm in love! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by whitray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. Only downside is the price (a bit pricey) and package (no pump)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by DVick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for about 3 years. I buy the combo/oily formula. I never have to set it with a powder, and it controls my shine throughout most of the day. I have repurchased this several times. It gives really good coverage, most of the time I don't even need a concealer. There are plenty of shades to choose from, and you can usually get them on sale which is great. It does have a thick consistency so I like to use a sponge wedge or my fingers to apply it. The only con is that it does not come with a pump. However, one of the maybelline foundations that has a pump does actually fit the revlon colorstay. So overall I love this foundation, and do recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ash333

I bought this foundation yesterday and I'm wearing it right now....LOVE IT so far! I have weird skin....Oily in some spots but dry in others so I find it difficult to find the right foundation. I've been wearing this for 6 hours now and i must say its probably the best foundation I've ever used as far as staying power. My face was starting to look slightly shiny however I just quickly blotted over it with a tissue and almost all the shine was gone again. I don't really have a problem with the packaging, I just tip a little onto a plastic lid which keeps it from drying out, I then apply it with a damp sponge which makes it easier to spread as this foundation does dry quicker than others.

UPDATE: Unfortunately I have to report that this foundation made me break out in little white pimples under the skin and red lumps like insect bites. Im so disapointed because this is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly while also giving a flawless look :(
    Can anyone recomend something that gives just as good coverage without breaking me out?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation: it covers my acne scars, red spots, discoloration; it doesn't break me out, which I was half expecting from such a full coverage foundation; it doesn't give me a fake, overly matte appearance, and it controls oil (hurray!!) quite well.
    I struggle to find decent colors for me, as in Italy we aren't very well equipped for pale skins, so I got 180 sand beige which was ok for summer when I have a slight tan, but I have had to order 150 buff from the U.S. because I can tell Sand Beige will be a bit dark for me in the winter. It doesn't have a pump, which is a pity. I apply it with my fingers (not too good with brushes yet) when my moisturizer is just dry, so my skin is soft and the product is easier to blend. All in all, though, I like this a lot, and even though it's not super cheap here (21 euros) I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by lautjuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

first of all everybody knows that this foundation hasn't got a pump so I gave the colorstay four lippies instead of five.
    I live in holland and there are is just one place nearby to where I live where I can buy this foundation. and on top off that they don't even sell the entire color range. so they dont sell ivory and buff, because they don't have ivory and buff the lightest color the sell was 180 sand beige and that is the one I bought. I know the foundation is to dark for me so I mix it with three or four drops of mac face and body white. it works wonderfully. the coverage is still enough for me, the foundation is nice and matt but not to matt. it lasts all day. colorstay also looks really natural on my skin, it doesn't clog my pores and it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ladydayholiday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I thought that the buff beige in Oily/Combination formula was way too yellow, and I wasn't hot on the packaging. I prefer a pump because I like to be precise about how much foundation I'm putting on my face.

However, after trying it out for about a week I've been won over. FYI, I mix HEB brand zinc oxide and titanium dioxide SPF 70 sunscreen with my foundation in my hand right before I apply because I find it's quicker and easier to apply suncreen that way.

The coverage is a little better than average when I first apply it, but what makes it so great is that I don't get as oily during the day, which makes my foundation last. I usually need to blot 2-3 times a day. But when I'm not oily I don't have to worry about the oil on my face making my makeup slide and shift into the creases of my face. This foundation is amazing because it CONTROLS THE OIL more effectively than anything I've used previously.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

after hearing so many raves about this foundation and having so many people urging me to give it a try, i decided to jump on the bandwagon! And i was really hesistant at first at whenever i swatched it in the drugstores, the colour( too pinkish looking because the lightest shade in my country is sand beige), the thick creamy messy consistency and the smell puts me off. But i took a plunge and got it. I tried it on my face and im surprised by these things : its good coverage, its creamy texture which doesnt accentuates pores, and how it is not dead matte like EL DW. Altho this hasnt reach HG status for me, i have been using it most often as compared to my other LFs. However, i will be happier if my country can bring in more shades and revlon can include a pump!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by AmyJoJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best fondation I have found. My skin is oily in the t zone. This stuff holds up nicely!