Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Well, this was disappointing. I picked up the sunny yellow tube hoping I would just adore it (ah, yes...package does play a role to me!).

Considering I find CG Lash Blast to be mediocre, I had high hopes. I usually like other Maybelline mascaras, but this one seems to fare worse than LB IMO.

The formula is somewhat thin to me. Not ideal for volume building. And yes, CG does have a large brush too, this one was even more unwieldy! And on mine, there is a spindley section that pokes out further, with no bristles apparent. I always end up poking the inside edge of my nose/eye with it, making for clean up when I'm done.

I didn't see much curl or lengthening action going on. My lashes (not to brag) are pretty long and lovely on their own. This seemed to pull them to a straight line. Uh...not flattering.

Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing. Ever. Even if all other mascaras disappeared.

on 8/24/2008 1:22:00 PM

I tried this out mostly to compare to CG's Lashblast. It does smell kinda funny which is one main reason I didnt like CG. This brush is better though, it does not clump as much as Lashblast. But what I dont like about it is it feels too heavy and throughout the day it flakes off! I wont be buying this one again.

on 8/24/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This used to be one of my favorites. It gives me super thick full soft lashes that look like falsies! I got this in glam black which I'm guessin is the blackest color for it, and I really liked how dramatic it made my lashes look with very minimal clumping.
Loved the packaging too, it looks sooo cute. Cuter than lashblast's gigantic radioactive carrot packaging.

But this mascara did not add a lot of length and made my eyelashes heavy by the end of the day, making me lose some of my curl. I LOVE having lotsa length, so the no length thing was a deal killer. I still really like it though, I definitely recommend this for volumizing and adding that drama to your eyes. :)

on 8/24/2008 9:20:00 AM

LOVE this product. Thick, full lashes - avoid clumping by applying heavily to the base of the lashes and lightly on the ends.

HG product!

Forget Lash Injection THIS is my new HG mascara. One coat and I have full, clump free, and lengthened lashes. It stays put all day and I have yet to experience any smudging or flaking. I can see how there might be issues for those who try and apply more than one coat but that's all you need with this one. I can't speak for its curling power since I have naturally curly lashes that don't require a lash curler for oomph. I can say that this certainly doesn't weigh down my lashes. It's also a breeze to remove unlike the Lash Injection. Oh and that smell? While it is strong it does dissipate within a matter of minutes. I did have to laugh to myself since I have the odd but accurate answer for all of you curious about the strange rose smell. It smells EXACTLY like Nasonex. For those of you not in the know this is an allergy relief nasal spray well known for giving you the lovely feeling of having a bouquet of flowers shoved up your nose in liquid form. If you're looking for a d/s mascara, and CG Lash Blast doesn't do it for you, then by all means pick this one up. After all it does have a huge reputation for always being on sale for dirt cheap.

on 8/24/2008 1:32:00 AM

I have very sensitive eyes and usually like brown mascaras as my eyes are a very dark brown. Got this in "Classic Black" and I love it! No irritation or sensivity and it lasts all day without smudging or smearing! Will definitely buy again!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this from work the other day, and I have to say that I am impressed! I usually only use it if I am going out, as I have long lashes normally, and it's a little intense for everyday use. It's smooth, goes on so easy, and makes my lashes look HOT. There's only one thing I hate about it, and that's the fact that it smells like death.

on 8/21/2008 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Glad I payed very little for this at CVS. I used it with primer, and maybe it would do better without it, but my lashes looked so bad I don't even want to try. All the other mascaras I try at least look decent with my lash primer, but this was all short, spidery lashes. I didn't love lash blast so much, but it could be managed and made to look pretty good-this stuff I can't see working with. It says not to let it dry between coats, but it did nothing much no matter how much I used. One thing it most certainly did not do is give me 9 times the volume. In fact, it gave me none. Sorry, but I can't recommend it. I'll give it to my daughter, the poor kid gets to try all the 'rejects' I have, and thanks to the fine girls (and guys!) on MUA, I'm spending more than ever on my makeup problem. Edit 10/26/08: got this back put, tried it and thought it wasn't horrible. The 3rd day, so all in all the 4th time I used it,the top piece that wipes the excess off broke off, rendering this unusable. I remembered reading this had happened three times to someone on this site. Never in my 40 years has this happened to me and I use makeup/mascara every single workday. This stuff needs to be removed from shelves and retooled package- wise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this really didn't do anything for me - made my lashes clumpy and spikey. also - has kind of a strong floral scent.

def not worth the money!

on 8/21/2008 9:01:00 AM

Am I the only one who deosn't mind the smell? I actually have to stick my nose right to the tube to be able to smell it, oh well, moving on...

I got this at my local pharmacy for only $2.99!!!!!!!!
I think it's a pretty good mascara, I generally have good things to say about maybelline mascara and this time is no different. This gives me a semi dramatic look with 2-3 coats, which is fine for daytime. I never curl my lashes but I'm willing to bet my lashes would look fantastic with this mascara if they were curled beforehand. I also like the brush, I honestly was getting tired of all those rubber/plastic brushes..so I'm glad that this has a normal bristle brush. Not an awesome mascara, I still haven't found my HG, but a good mascara none the less. (ESPECIALLY FOR $2.99! LOL!)