September 19, 2014 | 1982 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ivycasull

I didn't really like this product. It made my face feel really heavy and it just felt uncomfortable through the day. and what made it worse was that it had no pump! but even if it had a pump, i won't buy this foundation again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mikicats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first bought this I LOVED it! The colour match was great, and it looked great. My face got really oily with it, and it started to come off about 2 1/2 hours into wearing it.
    By the end of the day, I looked like an awful oil ball.
    And to top it off, it broke me out like crazy!!
    PLUS, in Canada, it was about $27 including tax, which is expensive, especially for a drugstore product.

Overall, a definite never again, especially to you oily girls.
    But if your not oily/acne prone, I bet this would look stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Caramelatte

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why did I ever hold out on this product? I have oily skin and in the last month I have tried MAC, Loreal, Maybelline, Lancome, and finally settled with Clinique. Though, I am not happy with the Clinique. SO I finally tried the Colorstay for oily/combo skin today and it is awesome. I couldn't stopped looking at myself in the mirror. It PASSED the car mirror test with flying colors. (Usually I am either horrified or disappointed with my foundation when I look in the car mirror.) Also, it truly is nontransferable. It also controls oil well and I am not wearing a primer. OH WHY did I wait so long to try this foundation. It may be my HG. We shall see...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by tifffanee

I have the medium/oily one in fresh beige.

I thought this product was great because it last long and as a student i walk around everyone. I get sweaty and gross but it stays on. "colorstay".
    The only thing i didn't like was i can still see my pores. But, on my behalf I can just buy primer. Also, to be honest i break out a tiny bit. But if you clean it out you'll be fine!(:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFOREVER24

I love this product. It has WONDERFUL coverage and lasts a pretty long time, although not as long as they claim...atleast on my skin.

The pros for me are:

Long lasting
    No nasty smell
    AWESOME full matte coverage

The cons for me are:

I wish it had a pump
    It makes me break out

With that said, even though it makes me break out i still use it because i love the coverage.....i'm not sure if that makes sense but it's the best foundation (for the price) that i have found, and i think it compairs to MAC fix plus (love that too, but that one makes me break out even worse than Colorstay and is a lot more expensive.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pao256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation in combo skin formula and love it! Let's get to the point...1- I have oily to very oily skin, ok so one night I went out to a dinner and a party, came home fell asleep without washing my face, and it broke me out (BUT what makeup doesn't break you out if you don't wash your face at night!!!) HOWEVER to my surprise after a very long night when looking in the mirror, my makeup looked flawless..GREAT LASTING POWER 2-Did NOT cause BREAKOUTS. It did break me out but just that one night I slept with it. I wouldn't say I have super sensitive skin but I do have acne prone skin 3- It's TRANSFER RESISTANT to the fullest 4. Covers up a lot. I usually prefer little coverage but when my skin looks a mess and I have to be somewhere or something to do this is "the foundation" because It gives me FULL COVERAGE..
    5. This foundation is very matte
    6. Great for my strong yellow undertones
    7. Would prefer over many high end foundations... IT'S cheap when comparing and does a better job then a lot of them..
    CONS
    1. Smells a little like paint when applying but when on face I either got accustomed to it or the smell went away
    2. I wish it had a pump! Always dispense more then needed.. I'm a little clumsy
    3. Not very blendable but play with it to achieve perfection
    4. Feels a little heavy when comparing to other foundations
    So I give it a 6 out of a 5 for what it is supposed to . Def recommend.

It's been a while since I've been playing around with this foundation.. I loved and have fallen more in love with this foundation. Found the perfect application.. I combine moisturizer and the foundation. You can get the exact consistency. Without moisturizer, it can be a little thick, yet, you can achieve your individual perfect consistency by the amount of moisturizer you add. Still stays on all day. It's simply so much easier to apply and looks so much more natural-still giving you great coverage. HOpe it's helpful

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by samiam321

I really do like this foundation. I understand the breakout issue people are having, but they way I do my makeup is foundationly only over patches of pimples that need it (Like I get acne pretty bad on my cheeks, but thats almost it) ands wash off when I get home. Great coverage. Pretty inexpensive too. I do wish they would add a pump because it has spilled and wasted a bunch of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by casell

Cons: It looks orangey/reddish on my yellowish skin tone. It's not great for flash photography. Since it has spf, it reflects light and is too obvious in photos. It's kinda hard to blend because it's thick (that's why it stays put all day).

Pros: A bottle could last for 6 months depending on your application and how often you use it. I didn't have breakouts on this product. What I love most is that, it really stays all day. It provides good coverage and covers my dark spots really well. (as if I am naturally flawless)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I have very oiily skin. I wanted a foundation that covers my redness and hopefully reduces my oily face. I decided to try revlon colorstay. It worked great. Great coverage, oil free. This was too good to be true. I started breaking out a lot. I would get pimples here and there but this was outta control.its embarrassing. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It lasts all day and the coverage is buildable. It does not rub off on your clothes, and if you touch your face, which I have the tendency to do, you wont get foundation stains everywhere, like all other foundations I have ever used. The only con I have is that there is no pump to get the product out so you can waste the product, and the color for darker skin is spread out between shades, meaning that I have to purchase two and mix for my NW45 tone. Best to buy during a BOGO sale IMO. Other than that, I love it!