July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by samiam321

I really do like this foundation. I understand the breakout issue people are having, but they way I do my makeup is foundationly only over patches of pimples that need it (Like I get acne pretty bad on my cheeks, but thats almost it) ands wash off when I get home. Great coverage. Pretty inexpensive too. I do wish they would add a pump because it has spilled and wasted a bunch of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by casell

Cons: It looks orangey/reddish on my yellowish skin tone. It's not great for flash photography. Since it has spf, it reflects light and is too obvious in photos. It's kinda hard to blend because it's thick (that's why it stays put all day).

Pros: A bottle could last for 6 months depending on your application and how often you use it. I didn't have breakouts on this product. What I love most is that, it really stays all day. It provides good coverage and covers my dark spots really well. (as if I am naturally flawless)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by FoxyConnie

I have very oiily skin. I wanted a foundation that covers my redness and hopefully reduces my oily face. I decided to try revlon colorstay. It worked great. Great coverage, oil free. This was too good to be true. I started breaking out a lot. I would get pimples here and there but this was outta control.its embarrassing. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It lasts all day and the coverage is buildable. It does not rub off on your clothes, and if you touch your face, which I have the tendency to do, you wont get foundation stains everywhere, like all other foundations I have ever used. The only con I have is that there is no pump to get the product out so you can waste the product, and the color for darker skin is spread out between shades, meaning that I have to purchase two and mix for my NW45 tone. Best to buy during a BOGO sale IMO. Other than that, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and am usually the lightest shade in most lines. In Revlon Colorstay, I am shade 2, Buff. I use the oily skin version since I am combination leaning oily and live in Florida. The color is a great match and the price is fantastic, especially when it's on sale. The finish is a matte/natural hybrid, and it provides full coverage. I personally get the best results when I apply with a sponge and blend with a flat top brush. My biggest complaints are that it can look very cakey if not blended perfectly, and any area of minor dryness is immediately magnified with this formula. I briefly tried the dry skin version and was not impressed- the wear was not the same, nor was the shade. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me first say that I no longer use this - but I did use it for probably about a year so I can talk about it!
    I am NC20 in MAC and am Buff in this line. It is a really perfect match for my skin tone.
    When I was using this - I had a lot of skin problems (that turned out to be due to hormones - new BCP really helped). My skin is pretty clear now and I haven't used this since I had problems.
    However, I do think this is a good dupe for the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. You can often find good deals at drugstores - BOGO deals, you'll just have to check their circulars. If you are starting a makeup kit for work, these are great to have - they make a wide variety of shades, and if you can get good deals, you can have a lot to offer clients.
    This stuff is easy to use, blends really well, and stays on during the day in a really amazing way. I would definitely suggest using both a primer and a setting powder with this (as I would with most foundations). I have an oily tzone, and this stayed on really well throughout the day. I use MUFE HD primer, and ELF HD setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by electricbloom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would never buy this product again. I had fairly clear skin, a pimple here and there, but once I bought this product by the next week I has covered with acne. Defiantly broke me out. The coverage is good to hide the acne it creates though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nolly9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation! gives me the best coverage and is my all-time favorite foundation. i always end up going back to this and i find it the best. but like a lot of people have mentioned, the packaging isn't the great. if they added a pump it would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply put- this sucks. It only lasts a few hours and it made my skin break out (I used to have an acne problem, but I got my skin fixed with several microdermabrasion sessions, and never had such a break out until now) I definitely don't recommend this product for anyone with an acne problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bio- Oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin, with lots of acne scars and uneven tone. NW15.

After discovering that my once HG foundation (Dream Smooth Mousse) couldn't handle my oily face and melted off within two hours, I dragged myself to Walgreens to buy yet another foundation that claimed to cover and last and look natural and not clog my pores. (I mean, really, is that too much to ask? Haha..) I'd read TONS about this foundation, but was always scared to try it because of the numerous reviews claiming that Colourstay caused acne in the customers. Then there were the reviews that called it "sheer," or reported that it wouldn't last on their oily skin.

Despite all this, I held my breath and bought the Normal/Oily formula in 110 Ivory. After trying this foundation, here's what I have discovered:

COLOUR MATCH/FORMULA: As I stated before, I'm NW15 and chose 110 Ivory. I've read complaints about the peachy-pink undertone in this particular shade, but it is actually a dead-on match to my skintone, which is wonderful! The formula is thick and smells like paint (as others have said), but it dries quickly and the smell dissipates upon application.

APPLICATION: I've found that the best way to apply this and maintain the fullest coverage while still looking natural is stippling it on with a dry cosmetic sponge. I do one coat over my entire face, and then one more coat on my lower cheeks/jaws, where my scars are concentrated. This method leaves my scars 90% covered, and the rest of my skin even and fresh. Afterwards, I apply concealer to the needed areas and top it with a setting powder.

WEAR: I apply this at 7AM and usually remove it around 6PM. I don't even start to get dewey until about 3PM, and the oil breakthrough doesn't occur till around the 13-hour mark (Well, I wanted to see how long it would last...). However, it doesn't wear off gracefully... you'll be left with patches of oil mixed with the foundation. Not pretty.

REMOVAL: This foundation lives up to the "stay" part when it comes to removal. I use a gentle scrub every night, and it usually removes most of the foundation. Then I wash again with a gentle cleanser, and then by the time I use my toner, it's gone.

BREAKOUTS: If I wear this for more than 12 hours straight or don't remove it fully, I'll end up with two or three clogged pores. I don't doubt that this is probably the cause of the acne-causing accusations, because the clogged pores would definitely accumulate over time if the foundation isn't properly removed. So be sure to have a surefire removal method, or you'll end up with the acne so many have reported.

FINAL VERDICT: I've really come to like this foundation! The SPF in it is also aiding my scar-fading battle, which is always handy. With time and practice, I can forsee this becoming my new HG! :-)