December 22, 2014 | 1309 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by whitneyb123

I just purchased this mascara and I really like it! I use Revlon 3D mascara first (I like using a separating mascara first, then a volume one) and the follow with Colossal Volume. It really adds volume and makes my eyelashes look thicker. I don't notice any clumps, but I do use a Sonia Kashuk eye lash comb with any mascara I use. I definitely think this is a great mascara!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's impossible for me to review this mascara without comparing it to Cover Girl's Lash Blast. I bought the Colossal because it was on sale. It has a big round bristly brush. The formula is fairly thin, and the fragrance is negligible - I'd have to stuff the wand up my nose to smell it, really. I find the whole experience clumpy and time consuming to work with, and it flakes late in the day. Removes easily w/ soap and water. IMO, Lash Blast is far superior in the brush, formula and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by melzie2121

I love this mascara! My lashes do extremely well with most Maybelline mascaras and I really don't even bother trying other brands anymore. (I do like lash blast, though). I tried this and that's it- this is my HG!! Amazingly full, lush lashes. I'll use this until they stop making it (hope not!) and then go back to the regular volume express.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by JuhhAAY

I thought that this mascara was like any other mascara that maybelline makes. I didnt' really notice a difference in my eyelashes from any other mascara i've tried from this company. It was okay, but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Karthi

This is a great mascara. It did a great job on my lashes. It gave me volume and made my lashes thicker. I already had thick lashes, but there was a huge difference after applying this masacra! I got it for $7 on sale in CND.
Update: Sorry it took me time to update, but I HATE this. Do not buy. It's too pasty in the tube and it's too creamy to be used on your eyes. YUCK!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes my eyelashes beautiful. First, I apply two coats of Ardell's LashMagic (I think that's what it's called). Ardell adds & enlongates my lashes a bit. I use it to 'start'. Then I use THIS AMAZING MASCARA. One or two coats of this enlongates & lengthensm, adds volume, curve... omg, this is just perfect. LOVE IT.

I also love the brush. It has a lot of bristles & you can just feel it work into your lashes. But the wand feels kinda short. I like Maybelline's Full n' Soft wand.

UPDATE: I've been using this same mascara since around the end of '08. I use it to build up my eyelashes. They don't look good just alone with my Lorac but I use it by itself when I just want less dramatic eyelashes.

UPDATE 5/20/09: Well I still continue to use this & I continue to use this as a prep for my lashes. I don't like wearing this alone because I prefer thicker & longer lashes - this gives a more natural look. Plus this can't even 'hold my lashes up'. I'm hardly halfway through a school day & my lashes look naked. Lowered rating from a 4 to a 3 & packaging quality from 3 to a 2 because the rim comes out frequently which doesn't wipe off excess product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dominichulinda

I love this product!! I reach for this before any high-end mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell

I am a mascara junkie and have tried many from high end to drug store and this one is (in my book) fantastic... it gives my lashes volume and length without any clumps... I love the brush, it is large but works great to get all of my lashes covered... would def. buy this one again...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by cvinson

Been using DiorShow and LashBlast for a awile and bought this. I have small, asian lashes that needed A LOT of help. This works wonders for me. I only apply one coat and my lashes looked even better than when I used DiorShow. Its dirt cheap, will def buy again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

Okay, so just because I have sparse, short lashes doesn't mean I should give this a bad review but.. The brush made my lashes so clumpy, weighed down my lashes/didn't keep a curl even when using my eyelash curler before, hardly lengthened my lashes.. I don't know I could go on. I'm thinking this mascara is geared toward girls with already super thick long curly lashes lol.