Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 9/7/2008 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype behind this mascara. The brush is too sparse for my liking, and the formula is simultaneously thin and gloppy. It gave me terrible, spider leg lashes - gross! And, to add insult to injury, Maybelline added some kind of bizarre scent to this mascara. I don't know about you all, but I don't think I want perfume near my eyes. Especially nasty perfume.

on 9/7/2008 12:00:00 PM

This is seriously the best mascara I've ever used. I was considering dropping $20 on Too Faced Lash Injection again but saw the fun neon yellow tube and thought I'd give this a try. It's amazing! I got this awesome fake lashes look with just 2 or 3 coats. The only caveat, I guess, is also what I like the best about it...it just makes your lashes SO long...so putting it on your bottom lashes might look weird, I sometimes use a different mascara for the bottom ones.

BUY THIS! It's incredible.

on 9/7/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just when I thought I had found my perfect mascaras (CG Lash Blast by day; Too Faced Lash Injection for night), something new comes along that will probably replace both in my m/u bag. One coat of Collossal Volum' gives great length, eye-popping volume, and lasts all day. Add a 2nd or 3rd coat, and you have the drama of lush, thick, dramatic lashes that won't clump, flake or smudge. All for $6! I haven't had only one tube of mascara in my bad since I was 12. I always needed one for length, one for volume, one for day, one for night, etc. I finally found one that can do everything!

on 9/6/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down. Best. Mascara. Ever.

I think I found my HG mascara!!! this is THEE best marscara ive ever used. Usually when i apply mascara, i have to put multiple coats since i got short asian eyelashes. But with this, just one or two coats will do the trick. even though this is not waterproof, it still last all day, without smudging.
I think this is much better than CG's lash blast, the formula doesnt dry out as CGs would. and the best thing is, its dirt cheap!

on 9/6/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

People that are complaining about the scent WTF? What is wrong with the scent of roses??!!! It's rather cute that it smells so pretty! I can understand it may not be your fave scent, but come on! Bad enough that you would throw it away?? That makes me laugh. The scent lingers only for a bit and does eventually fade after application....and it gives me nice, dark and thick lashes with a slight curl (without using any eyelash curler). I'm impressed this quality comes from Maybelline who hasn't had too many good mascaras come out recently. The original Volum' Express Turbo is pitiful (doesn't volumize at all!!!), but this one is one of the best mascaras you can buy at a drugstore. Will buy again!!!

on 9/6/2008 8:30:00 PM

I don't understand the complaints about the fragrance. First of all, it smells like roses, which I don't think is so horrible. Second, the scent goes away after about 1 second.
I have this in black. It is pretty dramatic (makes my lashes look thick and lengthens them so that they actually hit my brow bone) and stays put for the most part -every once in a while I'll see a flake. On humid days, it clumps slightly during application, so I brush out the clumps with a clean mascara brush.
I apply 2-3 coats very quickly -if you let it dry in between coats, things will get messy.
I remove this with eye-makeup remover at night and then usually find a little residue in the morning that I have to take care of, so it's a little harder to remove than I would like. But, really, it's no big deal.
My lashes feel very healthy, so it doesn't seem to be damaging.
Overall, a good, inexpensive mascara.

Edit: Now that I've been using this for a couple of months, it's clumping and flaking LIKE CRAZY. I'm going to buy one more tube to see if mine is just too old -but I don't feel like I should have to replace my mascara every few weeks.
Also, the little washer thingy sometimes comes off when I pull the brush out of the tube, and it's a pain in the arse.

on 9/6/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't get passed the odor. I used it for about 3 weeks but could not get used to it.. The odor lingers too; it's not like it just goes away. Like literally I could smell it sometimes the whole commute and then some. The mascara itself works okay but that odor is horrible.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous lashes! Long, thick and perfect. A cheapy version of Diorshow with the same thick giant brush, and rose smell. Not awful like other reviewers said. Gets every last bottom lash when used vertical. Lasts through tears with no run or smear, I probably will stick with this even if a waterproof version comes out! Comes off so easy with cleanser and h2o in the shower. Def a HG, especially for under 10 bucks!

on 9/6/2008 6:22:00 AM

The consistency is great and it makes my eyelashes look so long but the smell is SO WEIRD. I don't know what the ingredient is, but eh- I got used to it. I don't get as much volume as I would like, but for this price I still think it's a good product.