September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I am going to rate this product for what it states it is: colorstay does stay put ALL DAY long! No wonder it has such a great following. I hesitated to try it for a long time because I thought honestly it couldn't live up to the hype, but I was proven wrong!lol! Yes there is no pump & yes there is a funny smell to it, but the smell goes away fairly quickly & you just learn to pour it out carefully & very slowly, that's all. For reference, I am NC35 & I bought #310, warm golden, which is not 100% a match, but it's close enough.

For application purposes, you must, must use either a wet sponge or a dampened brush. Otherwise it can look cakey. The best result I have gotten is with the 109 & I spray water onto it & then apply the foundation in sections of my face & then just buff away. Btw-a little goes a loooooong way! I have had my bottle now for a few months & have barely made a dent. I have also on days when I have zero time to get ready, mixed this with my sunscreen & have gotten a really nice tinted moisturizer look that lasts all day. Try it, you wont be disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gives nice coverage and once it's on it really does not budge. Therefore, I use this foundation only for special occasions like weddings. I wouldn't buy it agin and only use it to try and finish it up.
    It doesn't look too cakey if you put on a thin layer. It definitely provides full coverage but it definitely emphasizes my dry, flaky patches if I do have any. moisturizing is key. My biggest gripe about this foundation is that it is so difficult to blend. It drags on my skin when I apply it and I really need to work super quick before it dries bc once it's dry it stays put! It's impossible to get off w.o an oil remover btw. It looks alright in flash photography but nothing amazing.
    It also smells DISGUSTING. Chemically and just STRANGE. I was convinced for the longest time that mine was expired but my friend assured me her's smelled strange too.
    The packaging is alright. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a sleek twist off black cap. NO PUMP which is ANNOYING. I pour out way too much and it's rather runny so I end up wasting a lot of product.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. I find this foundation extremely overrated. I would rather spend a little bit more money for a foundation that feels better to apply, has better packaging, and doesn't have a putrid smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by miaowthathurt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is a foundation with lots of hype around it, so I was really curious if it would live up to its expectations. The coverage is one of the best things about this product - total smooth finish, and hide any redness or odd zits. I don't tend to get acne, but friends of mine who do have heavy acne also found this to conceal their imperfections very well. It doesn't rub off easily, once I went out for a whole night and my foundation didn't budge. But I would recommend setting it with loose powder, as it tends to have a slight sheen over it which may make your face look oily.
    The packaging I seriously disliked. The bottle opening is too wide and hard to control the amount of product you can get out. I prefer foundation bottles to have pumps. Also, I think opening the bottle so much every time caused mine to dry around the side of the bottle slightly.
    After about 4 months of being in love with this product, I noticed my bare skin wasn't as flawless as it used to be. I generally use foundation to even out the color of my skin, but now I had uneven skin, not spots exactly but just bumps. I switched to tinted moisturizer to let my skin heal, and it was ok but I haven't gone back to this bottle since just in case.
    I really want to love this foundation as much as I used to, but I'm kind of scared of it now..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lilyotvalley21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily pale skin, i bought this product after getting pregnant and becoming extreamly acne prone. i wore this product for about 5 hours and when i looked in the mirror no visible oil, i fell asleep with the product on and washed if off the next day, it acutally didnt even rub off on my pillow the coverage was great in the morning i could have touched up and walked out of the house, which i thought was a plus if you need to crash at some ones house with out any notice! also after all that time on my face i did not break out.

i agree with others the smell at first smells like paint, the packaging is poor for displaying the true color. after using bare minerals for about 4 years i found the price to be very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

I LOVE REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION! This is by far the best drugstore foundation ever and one of the best foundations out there period. When applied correctly it last all day, looks great with the proper color matching, and is lightweight. This foundation is my go to, everyday makeup if I'm just in the mood to wear makeup, it gives that flawless look without caking up. Although I do prime my skin with milk of magnesia and monistat chaffing gel before every application.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really great fundation. One of the best I used and I tried a lot of them. It lasts all day and provides excellent buildable coverage. However it does not control shine, not in my case anyway.
    At first I applied it with my fingers and I it was just average foundation for me. Looked kind of greasy (even if it was for combination/oily skin), made it easy to apply to much (I looked muuuch older). Then I tried to put it with LM sponge and I loved it.
    I hate the bottle and the paint scent, love coverage and lasting powder.
    Will buy again until something better will cross my way...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by hellobird

I liked this product because it gives a great coverage and lasts really well on my oily skin. Most foundations I have tried leave me shiny after an hour or so but this one keeps me looking matt all day.

I did break out in some spots whilst using this product but I have never found a foundation so far that has not caused break outs. I didn't use the product every day.

The shade I used was 110 ivory. I found it was a little too pale for my skin but the next shade was way too dark so I have stopped using this product for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

I used this product religiously over the course of the last two years (seriously, like ten bottles lying around) but something seemed to have happened to my skin that began to hate the thing. I never broke out with it until recently when I purchased a new bottle. New formulation or perhaps just this specific jar? No idea, but all I know is that I'm not satisfied anymore. I have, however, loved this for so long it seems fair that I give it at least three points. The coverage is phenomenal and the lasting power is out of this world; truly something worth checking out. The shade range is decent (though I have never found a perfect match). The lack of pump is irritating but something you won't mind especially if this is HG for you. The strange paint scent is also something you'll get over the first few days. In my experience, the dry/normal and combination/oily formulas do not differ largely enough to go out of your way to buy one over the other; they both had the same finish and effect on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ivycasull

I didn't really like this product. It made my face feel really heavy and it just felt uncomfortable through the day. and what made it worse was that it had no pump! but even if it had a pump, i won't buy this foundation again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mikicats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first bought this I LOVED it! The colour match was great, and it looked great. My face got really oily with it, and it started to come off about 2 1/2 hours into wearing it.
    By the end of the day, I looked like an awful oil ball.
    And to top it off, it broke me out like crazy!!
    PLUS, in Canada, it was about $27 including tax, which is expensive, especially for a drugstore product.

Overall, a definite never again, especially to you oily girls.
    But if your not oily/acne prone, I bet this would look stunning.