November 27, 2014 | 1484 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Fairydustsparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, it's easy, inexpensive and lasts all day. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation. It just isn't for me. Here is what I don't like:
-Color selection if bad if you have "NC" skin.
-SO heavy
-Very obvious
-Smells bad
-Terrible packaging
-For how heavy it looks, the coverage is not even that good.
However.... I will still give it 3 out of 5 because I believe that it may be a good product for some people.... those who like matte foundation and can find a good color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a pretty decent match with sand beige, and I wore it for about a week until I got these small, but very noticable bumps across and down my cheek, and even more bumps on my chin. I've never in my life had a breakout this horrible, and I can say that the only thing I changed was switching from mineral foundation to this stuff.
It's a decent product (disregarding the breakout), nothing really good about it, but it's alright. I have very oily skin and when I put this on in the morning, I can feel it rubbing off maybe 3 hours later even with a powder on top. It has full coverage, so that's a plus, but the bottle has no pump, making it hard to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally got a bottle of this to try it as MUA seems to love this foundation. I got the combo/oily version first, and while it does last a long time, it takes too long to blend and my skin felt a little dry. I then got the normal/dry version and I have to say it works so much better for my skin! I This helps my dry skin heal, yet doesn't break me out (I'm talking to you Neutrogena Healthy Skin). While Buff 150 is a bit too dark, the undertone is correct so I can deal with it. The dry version isn't as long lasting as the oily version on my skin (dry- 9ish hours, oily- 12ish with primer), but it works for me. I noticed the paint smell with the oily version, but not the dry version. Overall, I'm glad I listened to MUA on this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the normal/dry formula. Good coverage, and can apply with my fingers w/o any primer for an even skintone when I am rushed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for the last 9 years or so. I have tried many other foundations (liquid and powder) - Clinique, Lancome, Maybelline, Tarte, Dior, MAC, etc. Some of them made me break out more or less, some of them were too oily or flaky. Revlon (only Colorstay) was always the best and I havent found anything better so far. I am not sure if it makes me break out but its not oily or matte, stays on all day. Sometimes little hard to take it off so I use waterproof make up remover. I wish the bottle was with a pump. As they stopped selling this foundation in Europe I buy it in Canada were its about $21.00 but I have been lucky to purchase it from US for $10.99 or even cheaper.
UPDATE: I have found better foundations that are easier to remove and clean my brushes afterwards so I do not use Revlon Colorstay anymore. Also Revlon foundations are full coverage, I am looking for lighter coverage now.
However, this foundation will always be one of my favorites as I am used to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

....i go this fundation like a year ago...i didnt like it at first bc it was too matt i know i am oily but still it was too matt it didnt look real on my skin at first, and it was like 2 shades darker than my skin color...i got it on rich tan...so i didnt like this fundation and i just forgot about it....i tried other fundations from higher brands and i found my shisheido fundation and my superfit from clinique....i tried others that i had to return bc didnt work on my oily skin...so i found this fundation again while checkings new things to try that i had on my make up vanity....and i also had photoready by revlon and it was too light for me....so one day i was just bored and mix those two fundation...and it made the perfect color for me, and the feeling too.... not too matt not to dewy either...so its the best combination ever...the wierd thing about this mix that i created is that i dont need a primer...if i wear a primer the fundation wont last more than 3 hrs....if i dont wear a primer this mix stays on my skin the whole day...i know its wierd...but i do moisturize bf applying thisn fundation...and my primer does work on other fundations...i just love the mixing this fundation and photoready i get compliments, some people dont even think i am wearing fundation...its amazing...and it makes all my cheap blushes last all day too...i mean i do blot but maybe twice a day...and my skin is very oily and acne prone....i do take care of my skin and remove make up at night...and i apply this fundation mix with my fingers bc i think it looks very natural....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by illinibeauty07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few months now, and it is a very good one. It has a medium coverage I wouldn't say full, but for me it covers what I want to cover; which is redness around my nose the occasional blemish and it evens out my skin tone perfectly. I use the color Rich Tan and it is a pretty good match although it is a little too pink for me I do prefer a yellower undertone. I found that for me the best way to apply it is with a damp sponge because it blends much easier and gives me a lighter coverage, I have tried a foundation brush, my fingers and a dry sponge. The foundation brush gives the most coverage although it is the hardest to work with, fingers are easiest and gives you good coverage more than the damp sponge but less than the foundation brush. I didn't like applying it with a dry sponge because the sponge soaks up most of the product, and for me that gives me about the same coverage as my fingers. This Foundation last all day for me, the only place where it fades a bit is my nose but I have a very oily nose. I love the way this foundation wears on me because the longer I wear it the more natural it looks with out losing coverage. I also didn't have a problem with if in the heat, this foundation does not transfer. It holds up pretty well in the heat and humidity, although when it's hot I usually don't wear liquid foundation because it feels heavier on the skin. Overall this is an excellent foundation and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Dippychan

This product would be wicked with a pump. It's the best drug store foundation that I've used so far, it goes on smoothly and doesnt look as cakey. The only issue i have with it is that, for me, it doesnt stay on all day or at least more than 5 hours even with a primer. (prime time)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. It feels incredibly heavy no matter how lightly I apply it. I don't enjoy feeling like I'm wearing a mask on my face