Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/3/2010 1:13:00 AM

This is absolutely great for me. It stays on FOREVER. And this is a problem on its own as well; tough to get it off. But nothing works against my trusty extra virgin olive oil. Just gotta add more EVOO to get it off and I am done!

I have acne prone oily skin and it doesn't break me out. And my skin is less oily throughout the day.

The packaging is less than ideal but you just have to be careful pouring it out and it's fine. Definitely way better than my clarins and bobbibrown liquid foundations I have used. Not to mention, it's at half the price!

on 11/2/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been resisting the urge to use this because I was pretty sure it would break me out. However, I wanted a fuller coverage & long lasting foundation for Halloween night for all the parties, etc. I couldn't find a good match for my skin. I'm pale with pretty neutral undertones. Ivory was too light/pink by itself and Buff too dark/yellow. However, if I mix Ivory and Buff together the color is perfect! Hooray! I applied with my fingers, and the finish was great. My skin looked awesome. I tend to break out from products pretty quickly and the next day I had 0 new breakouts, so that's a plus. Since the coverage is heavy I probably won't be using it everyday, but its a great foundation if you want to look flawless for an event. Definitely recommended :)
---------
Thought I'd go ahead and update my review. I've been using this for a over a year now and still love it. Although I use Buff now and occasionally mix in Sand Beige to make it more of a match. Ivory ended up being too pink for me. It doesn't break me out, it has lasting awesome coverage, is widely available & affordable. Love this stuffff

on 11/2/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the better drugstore liquid foundations I've ever tried. It is inexpensive and long-lasting, although you do have to blend out fast fast FAST! as the consistency is pretty thick. It covers very well too. My only grouse is that the bottle is lacking a pump.

on 11/1/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation! I had been on a hunt for a while for a foundation that would control my shine, cover my scars and blemishes and be inexpensive. After reading several reviews about the colorstay foundation, I figured why not?
On the first day I used it I noticed a difference. The foundation covered so well. A lot better than a $50 foundation I had been using at the time. My face doesn't get as shiney as soon as before. I always use a translucent powder and I feel both products work real work together.
The foundation has not made me break out and ive been using it for over three months now. I've recommended it to several friends who have fell in love with it as well.
Give it shot!

I use Natural Tan 330 in combination/oily.

on 11/1/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Even though I have written a review on this product before, I've had a couple months to know everything about this foundation. This sucks megahard, even though I had initially given this 4 lippies.

Cons:
- Transfers like no other! It gets ALL over my clothes, other people, and any other materials made of cloth.
- Break outs!! Little bumbs were all over my face, my complexion become terrible, and i looked terrible even when wearing the foundation.
- Thick and heavy, mask-like
- Smells like sweet paint, very chemical-ly
Pros:
- Good coverage
- Lasts all day
- Controls oil really well

This is last foundation I'll use. If you want all of these pros, Boots No 7 Stay and Perfect will do the trick, and is hypoallergenic and has sunscreen

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the foundation for you if you're done roaming. Take a blob of primer, smooth it all over your face, then apply this in dots to the areas that need it. Now blend.

Perfection.

Great coverage, lasts all day, great colour. I love this. I will return to it one day, once I am done with my reviewing, it is better than Estee Lauder, which was $80 and this was $35, go figure. I do not have a bad word to say about this, and the amazing range of colours that it comes in. Yay Revlon. :D

on 10/31/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So i bought this because my EL DW was making me look too much like a ghost, i stumbled upon this in the pharmacy.
I matched myself with 400 Caramel in the Oily/combo formula and i went on my way.
So I have a job which requires me to be up and about sweating in the sun and so forth and my makeup needs to be dependable. I noticed this would wear off of my face 3 hours into wear. boy was i disappointed. I experimented on different ways to see how it would last longer but at the end of the day nothing would be left on my face.
the other issue i started having with this is that it started getting a tad too dark. this is where it gets confusing for me i go fishing to the beach and at work i am constantly out in the sun yes i do wear sunblock but i still get dark. i have no clue whats up with that.
It did transfer alot as well as i do touch my face alot and it would get trapped under my nails (yuck) and get all over the place ugh so that was another no-no for me.
So i would not be repurchasing this foundation again

on 10/31/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really had high hopes for this foundation. It seemed universally loved by everyone on youtube so I thought this would be one of the best. Plus, it has the oil combo skin type so I thought it would help control my oils. No.

Pros:
Good Coverage
Decent Color Selection
Has 2 Skin types (dry/oily)
Matte Finish

Cons:
It made me break out
Did not control my oils
Its heavy
It accentuated my pimples (or at least the dry skin around it)
Matte Finish

To some, a matte finish is a pro and to others a con. I like matte finishes one certain parts of my face, but I feel most matte finishes tend to look a bit cakey. I do get breakouts fairly easily, and since i tend to try to dry out the pimples with spot treatments, the skin around the pimple is super dry and this really accentuates it. The finish is matte, but its a bit too .... fake? Like you can definitely tell Im wearing foundation. Its really heavy, at least for me since I like foundations to not feel like a mask so I can actually touch my face. Since its heavy, it didnt allow my skin to breathe, thus making me break out.
Overall, I really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, I didnt.

on 10/29/2010 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love that this foundation has good coverage! However it oxidises somewhat...makes me darker than in the morning by the end of the day:( Also looks mask-like! You'll have to apply a SMALL amount.
The other gripe is that it sediments on your skin. just cakes up in different pools on your face. it isn't too obvious...a stippling brush would help. (Although it takes up more time.) Don't use a flat foundation brush - brush strokes are super obvious with this foundation. A foundation brush picks up too much product too.

This foundation is completely resistant to water. I'm a swimmer and I go swimming in it ALL the time. The countless photos my teammates and I take after trainings are proof that nothing comes off!

needs a powder to set it though, lest you look like a glitterball. I've rather oily skin too so no matter what, I need to use a powder. I usually use L'Oreal base manifique for primer, and maybelline clear smooth shine free face powder.

So i have read millions of reviews and watch youtube videos and i have to admit THIS IS MY HOLYGRAIL of foundation if you have a stippling brush than your set but not till you have one.
I have tried with my fingers and the brush the brush is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. and i mean it i have gotten so many compliments and i have peach fuzz so when i wear foundation it looks crazy it makes them stick out more but with this foundation applied by the stippling brush its so awesome.
I will contunie to wear this till the end of time unless they make a new version :)
i also have bad acne proned skin and this is awesome i have learned that this makeup will break you out if not washed off before bed but other than that your set! Trust me ima make up fanatic lol!