MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/7/2006 1:20:00 AM

I love it. I used the powder studio fix for years, but my skin was getting dry patches and I thought a liquid foundation would look better. And oh man! This is "it!" Flawless finish, variable coverage (depending on how much you put on), and goes a long, long way. I apply it with a brush, and I just may never switch foundation again.

on 8/4/2006 11:02:00 PM

after using the samples for two days, i notice my bumps turned into whiteheads. i am satisified with the coverage but i hate the part where it breaks me out. i will never buy this.

edit: 2/28/08: after trying this out again and buying a full size bottle, i can say that it never broke me out. maybe the sample that i got was a bad batch.

on 7/31/2006 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After I had given up on my eternal quest to find the perfect foundation, I stumbled onto this one at my local MAC counter. And yes ladies and gentlemen I think I have finally found "the one"....foundation that is :). I need a full coverage foundation, mainly to even out my skin and cover up an occasional blemish, and this suits me perfectly. But my friend who has a near perfect complexion (which I secretly hate her for), also uses this as a sheer foundation and it works perfectly for her as well. As for the price, well it's no more expensive than any other department store brands. But like I mentioned it can go from sheer, to full coverage so IMO it's well worth the price.

on 7/27/2006 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like the coverage of MAC foundations but I do breakout on occasions when I use them. This one has great coverage. Though I do get mild breakouts from it. So I only use it on special occasions. I must say that it would get a 5 star rating but MAC foundations and powders don't agree with my skin. Oh well.

But I am sure there are women out there who will love this product.

on 7/21/2006 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

How can I possibly explain this product.
Thank god I didn't buy it or I'd probably have an absolute fit. The lady at the MAC counter put this on me to give me "maximum coverage". She also did so on my mom. Not only did this product look extremley cakey, fake, freakishly pale, yellow, greasy, and slimy all at the same time it totally was a pore clogger. My mom experienced the same thing. I'm frickin 14 and it even made me look like I had wrinkles. Disgusting. I highly do not reccomend it stick with the studio fix powder instead...*thumbs down*

on 7/21/2006 1:06:00 AM

This stuff is excellent. My skin usually eats liquid foundations and so for years all I’ve used is Studio Fix powder. Now what I do is apply the SF liquid over my reddish cheeks and chin, nose and forehead (and use concealer under my eyes) and then dust the SF powder over my entire face. It gives a really nice coverage – not too heavy and mask-like but too light either. It stays matte on me for hours so I simply use Blot Powder at lunchtimes to freshen up. For reference I’m a blonde cool-toned PPP and was colour matched to NW20 (same as my concealer) and use N4 powder. I think the colour match is excellent and I will definitely be repurchasing, although it’ll take ages to get through a bottle, which is excellent value at AUD48. The SPF15 is an added bonus. Yet another fabulous MAC HG product for me.

on 7/11/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like this foundation because it has a perfect color to it and it has a good matte coverage and it does last long, the coloring is very good I have it in NC-40 and it has the perfect amount of yellowish coloring... so that makes a perfect match for my skin tone!!I think I would most defenitely buy it again....i just cant stand the screw top and i think i just need to buy the pump thingy!!

Well I got the pump and this is still very good, I noticed it was getting my skin sort of clogged which is not good at all. but that was when I wore it everyday, so now I just wear it for like special occasions or on day's when I want really good coverage! :-) Also on days when I am running late, I pump this on my hand and mix it with moisturizer and it does make for a great tinted moisturizer, like it just evens out my skin nicely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

According to the MAC website, it "[p]rovides medium buildable coverage and flawless natural-matte finish. Includes SPF 15 for everyday sun protection. Oil-free and long-wearing." For me, SFF DOES provide me with awesome coverage; however, instead of a matte finish--- the results look more dewy, especially around my t-zone. Nevertheless, I love this product because it does give me that glistened look-- something I wasn't expecting but liked. Plus, a minimal amount (about a dime size) is needed to cover the whole face. Lastly, I wore SFF to Magic Mtn. and my makeup still looked flawless by the end of the night.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Thought I would give MAC foundations another try hoping this would be 'THE ONE'. Alas, it was not to be. I have red/blue undertones (DDD) and the color, NW45, made me look orangy/red. Plus, I looked greasy w/pools of foundations in pores. This did not give me the look I wanted. That's it for me w/MAC foundations. Well.......for awhile.

on 6/22/2006 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, I was highly impressed with the Studio Fix Fluid. Although the product itself does have a highly distinctive smell, it didn't particularly bother me. My skin is extremely hard to match because it is extremely pale and has a slightly cooler tone. Practically all foundations appear too pink on me, but the Studio Fix's NC15 matched my fickle skin perfectly. The product also had an amazing full-coverage when applied with MAC foundation brush and had a buildable texture. My skin is combination and very acne prone, so the fact that Studio Fix is oil-free was also great. The negatives of the Studio Fix include that it was fairly time consuming to apply, and when applied was very shiny (but nothing that a little translucent powder cant fix!). It was very expensive but worth it...I'll repurchase.