August 1, 2014 | 1139 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GGG - C40 - Brown Hair - Brown Eyes

I got a sample of this from my MA. I normally wear C40 in the Studio Fix powder and I wasn't sure what would match my yellow/olive undertones since Studio Fix Fluid doesn't come in C. He gave me NC44, which is a tad bit too orangey, I may have to go back and get a lighter color. I placed this on my jawline to compare and with natural light, the area looks very smooth and natural minus the slight orange tinge. And to be honest, I hate liquid foundations with a passion. But I found the texture to be smooth, light and airy. Almost like Select Tint (which I absolutely love). The coverage is velvetly smooth and not cakey, one of my biggest fears in trying out liquid foundation. Unfortunately, I agree with the reviewer below, it does dry darker than you expect. I still have to return to the counter to find a match, but I am not sure if there will be one. I am pretty sad about it because it's hard enough trying to match my undertones. MAC -- Please make this in C shades!!! If I don't find a match, then I obviously will not buy the full size and will resign to using my Studio Fix powder with Fix+ on top.

C Shade girlies, Try before you buy! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dusty

This foundation runs slightly dark as it dries down. I normally wear NW25 & NW20 works very well for me in the SFF. It has good coverage, matte finish, lasts all day (I have combo/oily skin) on me & has not made me break out. When applied with the Mac #187 brush it just makes my skin look really pretty & natural. I do use Mac Blot Powder over it, but then I don't have to blot or re-powder during the day. I can use any Mac foundation, except for Face & Body & I think this will be my favorite. For a while, anyway. It's $24.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, but I probably wouldn't repurchase because I prefer MAC hyper real. Studio Finish seems to cover more than hyper real, but it also feels quite a bit heavier on my skin. I wear a NW20 in this (normally a NC20/25 or 200 in hyper real), and it matches well. I've noticed that I have to wear a moisturizer under this foundation; otherwise, it makes my skin look a little flaky around my nose (hyper real doesn't do this). Overall, it's a good foundation--not my favorite MAC foundation though. This might be picky, but the studio finish has an odd smell to it in my opinion. I only notice it when I first open it though. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by vivalasvegas

Good if your skin is pretty clear. The coverage on this foundation is very thin. I wouldn't reccomend this foundation if you use foundation to cover up stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by avrilxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, i'm an NC50 (medium-dark skin tone). This foundation is my first, and so far I'm liking it because it matches my skin tone perfectly, but the downside is that even though I have dry skin, it makes my skin look a bit greasy. Also it's a bit heavy, and if you don't blend it a ton you can see dark patches within the foundation. so you really have to blend! Other than that, it lasts pretty much all day, and works well as concealer. The only thing though, is that it makes me break out, so I only wear it when I really have to (special occasions). This is also a very photogenic foundation, it makes your skin look extremely even and perfect in photographs. But then again, I don't know if other foundations do this too since again, this is my first foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in NC45 as a cheaper (and hopefully better) alternative to NARS Gel Fraicheur. Gel Fraicheur had great consistency, blendability, and not too bad of a color match. But for a MUCH closer color match and $10 less, I decided to try this fdtn. By itself, it is light coverage and simply polishes the face while looking ultra natural. With the Studio fix concealer and Blot powder, it is perfection! A beautiful matte face that lasts as well as I've ever experienced and doesn't darken throughout the day. I would suggest buying this by itself if you have normal skin in good to very good condition (and just want a more polished look) OR with the concealer and Blot powder if you have oily, sometimes-unpredictable skin like mine.

(By the way, I gave it three lippies because it's a perfect color match, sheer but buildable coverage, and reasonable price. I took off two lippies because the fdtn itself is not really matte--it's a natural finish that doesn't control oil well at all.) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by lohlah

This foundation was my first "real" foundation...the packaging was awesome, but the product, sadly, was not. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was a make-up newbie at the time, but from what I remember the product made me look flaky and shortly thereafter I began to breakout. The range of shades though is good. I would probably not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2005 3:48:00 AM More reviews by epitaph_for_myheart

I love the packaging! It feels light on me, and looks soo natural but covers. You only need a little bit!! Not too matte, makes me look very polished. Great for pictures, too, NC35 is my perfect match. However, it isn't good if you have large pimples *no foundation is, anyway*
*****************Just so you guys know, they are only d/c-ing some shades, not the whole line!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried this out and it covered beautifully but felt rather heavy on the face. After about two weeks of use I started breaking out badly. It continued to the point where I had to discontinue use of the product, so I won't be purchasing this again. They did seem to have a good choice of shades for those that can tolerate the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall this is a pretty good foundation. Good coverage without feeling "cakey", and the shade matched my skin perfectly. I wouldn't recommend it if you have very dry skin, however, because the little dry spots I did have looked worse.