August 29, 2014 | 931 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This has a nice finish and my skin looks flawless, but it is irritating my skin. My skin feels tight and irritated when I put this on and seems to feel worse as the day goes on. I am disappointed because this is a nice foundation otherwise. The color is hard to choose as well because they change quite a bit as they dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2006 8:46:00 PM More reviews by debkrebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this foundation, and I did for one evening out. I thought for sure I found my holy grail. I loved the coverage and the the dewy finish. However, when I wore it to work for 9 hours I couldnt believe how oily my face was with five new pimples to boot! I DO have oily skin, but it hasnt looked this greasy in years. Im so disappointed, and am returning this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyglitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the studio fix yesterday in NC37 because that is what the girl on the counter told me that matches my color..I went home and tried it on my whole face. Although it looked OK at home with inside lighting, when I went outside with a mirror my face looked orangy. I decided to return it today and got NC35 because NC30 looked too yellow on me...I still was worried about the color because it was only one stepped down from the original color I first bought, I thought maybe I will have to go with NW's instead. The girl at the counter told me to get NC35, so I told her that I might be back to exchange it..Well I will not exchange it because it seems like it is the perfect color for me. I can't believe what a difference it is from NC37 to NC35. I love the studio fix, it is great for oily skin. It is matted but very moist to put on. It is not drying at all, and you don't have to touch it up for a very long time. Its coverage is great and believe me, I have several acne that needs to be covered. What I like best of all is that it has SPF protection, and the price is cheap. I had brought Lancome foundation 6 months ago. It cost me lots of money and it didn't have an SPF protection at all, and it was matted but very drying on my face. And I have bought other foundations at drugstores that have melted off my face. Hopefully I don't have to edit this message and will continued to be happy with this foundation...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by aizacity

I am an NC35 in this foundation, which I normally am in the other MAC foundations, so I got lucky there. I have oily/dry skin, I start off really dry after cleansing, but by mid day I am oily in the T-zone except for my chin which remains dry no matter what. I found that this foundation accentuated my dry areas (chin, cheeks, and around my nose) so I have to moisturize extremely well so this doesn't happen again. Other than that, I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It has theeee best coverage ever! I would normally have to wear concealer underneath my foundation to hide my faded acne marks, but because the coverage on this is so awesome I no longer have to do that which means less products on my face and less time doing my make-up. I wear this with MAC's P+P Skin underneath and I've tried it w/out, didn't really notice a big difference. I especially love how it controls oil. I don't have to blot as often, I can go 6 hours straight w/out touch-ups. I've been using this ever since it came out, which is almost a week now and no breakouts, thank goodness. My only wish is that it came in/with a pump, I'd buy the pump, but those aren't available at counters which is all we have in my city. I've tried other foundations which cost far more than this, and they don't even come close! I will definitely repurchase =)

EDIT: It is now February 14, 2009 (about 3 years since I first started using this foundation). After using up my first bottle of this foundation I was lured into trying other brands which were all mainly mineral foundations. But I just bought my 2nd bottle of SFF and have been wearing it daily since then. I honestly don't know why I strayed to begin with. I am still in love with this foundation as the first day I wore it. Nothing has changed. Still awesome coverage, controls my now even-more oily skin, and has not caused any breakouts. The only thing that has changed is my shade, I jumped up to NC25. I guess all that hiding from the sun is working. I will never stray again SFF! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 9:48:00 AM More reviews by eddiev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have I finally found my HG foundation? So far I think I have! I had a Culture Bloom make-over Friday and absolutely love this foundation. I was wearing NW20 in Select SPF15 which I felt was a little too light. The NW20 in the Studio Fix Fluid seems to be a perfect match for me. I have sensitive, prone to break-outs, oily skin and with the new Loose Blot Powder on top I only needed one touch up yesterday and had it on for 12+ hours. I have tried so many foundations over the years looking for the HG and have always been so disappointed, finally I have found one that I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mechangel

I am a mildy fair Asian girl with obvious yellow undertones. I wanted to try this product because I really like the Studio Fix Foundation plus Powder. The C3 matches my skin tone very well. The only issue with that is my dry cheeks won't allow me to wear it. So I thought that the Studio Fix Fluid would be my answer. As a foundation, it gives the medium coverage that I desire and blends smoothly on my skin. I got a sample size of the NC30 since they said that's what a C3 would be in this particular line. When I was at the MAC counter, it looked fine, but after stepping out into the sunlight, I looked brassy and a dull yellow. I thought maybe I had just gotten too dark of a shade. I even tried going one shade lighter to the NC25, but it didn't remedy the issue.

I really wanted to love this product, but until MAC comes out with a liquid foundation that is in the C shades, I don't think I'll be returning. I seriously love almost everything else MAC, but this foundation just didn't do the Studio Fix powder justice.

EDIT: After reading all the reviews online. I returned and got an NW20 color. It matches my skin tone much better than the NC line. So I'm changing to I will buy again and upped a lippie. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

I thought this product was oxidizing on me, but i went up a shade and then to NW from NC and it seemed to match perfectly. I used this with a light dusting of the new Blot powder on top.

In studio fix powder I'm NC30, and in the fluid I am NW20. NC's made me look orange.

No clogged pores from this one either. But the best part for me is that the coverage lasted all day, and naturally on me. I was shopping outside on a sunny day on sunday for several hours and the foundation did not sweat off or slide on me at all. I had plenty of opportunities to check myself out in natural light/ mirrors and I can say that it did not oxidize or end up looking cakey by the end of the day. I went from 9am to 7pm with it on and looking good!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

I love the coverage but do not like the smell it is so stinky I have to take mine back because I am usually NW 35 but this is way to dark for me I wish they would have made this an pump also

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Fawny

This might be the best foundation I have ever used, it makes my skin look dewy but not shiny! The coverage is fabulous too. I am so happy MAC came out with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Studio Fix Fluid was actually too light for me. I had to go up darker in color (Unlike others who seemed to have gone lighter). The nc42 was very chalky on my skin and not a perfect color match, so I returned nc42 and got nc44. It's way darker then nc42 at first glance, and I felt like it would be too dark, but it's a better color match for me, and the blot loose powder that I use to set it does even everything out. I also picked up a pump from the Pro Store for $3.00 because the foundation is so creamy/thick that it's hard to get out of the glass bottle. So far, Studio Fix Fluid is working on my combo oily skin very well and no breakouts to mention. It gives a nice semi-matte finish and holds back the oilies pretty well. I am really hoping that this will continue to work well for me because most MAC foundations give me annoying whiteheads or causes breakouts if I use it too often. I'll update if things change for the worst.