Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/3/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is very, very full coverage and it's really thick. Definitely a night time foundation. I bought the dry skin version and it still makes my skin appear quite dry and crispy so i would recomment oily skinned people still give the dry formula a try.
I gave this product a 2 on the packaging quality because it isn't a pump bottle, therefor you can't judge just how much your getting as easy as a pump.

I've been using this foundation for a year now and I've actually repurchased once. I use the one in Warm Golden (for the oily/combi skin) and it matches my skintone just nice! Great coverage too. It looks very natural and flawless eventhough I use my fingers to apply it. Doesn't give me breakouts or anything. And it lasts for the whole day. My skin just looks awesome when I wear it. Some actually commented that I have great skin (i.e. no blemishes etc), they obviously can't tell that I'm actually wearing foundation and that the zits are just hiding underneath it! (I only use foundation. No powder or concealer btw.) Definitely my HG foundation. I don't think I'll ever use another.

I think some people will find this product too thick and hard to blend. I always apply my day moisturizer before my foundation, so what I do is I start applying before the moisturizer gets absorbed completely. This way the liquid can glide on more smoothly and it will be easier to blend. I think it makes it less cakey and more dewy as well :)

on 11/3/2010 1:13:00 AM

This is absolutely great for me. It stays on FOREVER. And this is a problem on its own as well; tough to get it off. But nothing works against my trusty extra virgin olive oil. Just gotta add more EVOO to get it off and I am done!

I have acne prone oily skin and it doesn't break me out. And my skin is less oily throughout the day.

The packaging is less than ideal but you just have to be careful pouring it out and it's fine. Definitely way better than my clarins and bobbibrown liquid foundations I have used. Not to mention, it's at half the price!

on 11/2/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been resisting the urge to use this because I was pretty sure it would break me out. However, I wanted a fuller coverage & long lasting foundation for Halloween night for all the parties, etc. I couldn't find a good match for my skin. I'm pale with pretty neutral undertones. Ivory was too light/pink by itself and Buff too dark/yellow. However, if I mix Ivory and Buff together the color is perfect! Hooray! I applied with my fingers, and the finish was great. My skin looked awesome. I tend to break out from products pretty quickly and the next day I had 0 new breakouts, so that's a plus. Since the coverage is heavy I probably won't be using it everyday, but its a great foundation if you want to look flawless for an event. Definitely recommended :)
---------
Thought I'd go ahead and update my review. I've been using this for a over a year now and still love it. Although I use Buff now and occasionally mix in Sand Beige to make it more of a match. Ivory ended up being too pink for me. It doesn't break me out, it has lasting awesome coverage, is widely available & affordable. Love this stuffff

on 11/2/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the better drugstore liquid foundations I've ever tried. It is inexpensive and long-lasting, although you do have to blend out fast fast FAST! as the consistency is pretty thick. It covers very well too. My only grouse is that the bottle is lacking a pump.

on 11/1/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation! I had been on a hunt for a while for a foundation that would control my shine, cover my scars and blemishes and be inexpensive. After reading several reviews about the colorstay foundation, I figured why not?
On the first day I used it I noticed a difference. The foundation covered so well. A lot better than a $50 foundation I had been using at the time. My face doesn't get as shiney as soon as before. I always use a translucent powder and I feel both products work real work together.
The foundation has not made me break out and ive been using it for over three months now. I've recommended it to several friends who have fell in love with it as well.
Give it shot!

I use Natural Tan 330 in combination/oily.

on 11/1/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Even though I have written a review on this product before, I've had a couple months to know everything about this foundation. This sucks megahard, even though I had initially given this 4 lippies.

Cons:
- Transfers like no other! It gets ALL over my clothes, other people, and any other materials made of cloth.
- Break outs!! Little bumbs were all over my face, my complexion become terrible, and i looked terrible even when wearing the foundation.
- Thick and heavy, mask-like
- Smells like sweet paint, very chemical-ly
Pros:
- Good coverage
- Lasts all day
- Controls oil really well

This is last foundation I'll use. If you want all of these pros, Boots No 7 Stay and Perfect will do the trick, and is hypoallergenic and has sunscreen

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the foundation for you if you're done roaming. Take a blob of primer, smooth it all over your face, then apply this in dots to the areas that need it. Now blend.

Perfection.

Great coverage, lasts all day, great colour. I love this. I will return to it one day, once I am done with my reviewing, it is better than Estee Lauder, which was $80 and this was $35, go figure. I do not have a bad word to say about this, and the amazing range of colours that it comes in. Yay Revlon. :D

on 10/31/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So i bought this because my EL DW was making me look too much like a ghost, i stumbled upon this in the pharmacy.
I matched myself with 400 Caramel in the Oily/combo formula and i went on my way.
So I have a job which requires me to be up and about sweating in the sun and so forth and my makeup needs to be dependable. I noticed this would wear off of my face 3 hours into wear. boy was i disappointed. I experimented on different ways to see how it would last longer but at the end of the day nothing would be left on my face.
the other issue i started having with this is that it started getting a tad too dark. this is where it gets confusing for me i go fishing to the beach and at work i am constantly out in the sun yes i do wear sunblock but i still get dark. i have no clue whats up with that.
It did transfer alot as well as i do touch my face alot and it would get trapped under my nails (yuck) and get all over the place ugh so that was another no-no for me.
So i would not be repurchasing this foundation again

on 10/31/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really had high hopes for this foundation. It seemed universally loved by everyone on youtube so I thought this would be one of the best. Plus, it has the oil combo skin type so I thought it would help control my oils. No.

Pros:
Good Coverage
Decent Color Selection
Has 2 Skin types (dry/oily)
Matte Finish

Cons:
It made me break out
Did not control my oils
Its heavy
It accentuated my pimples (or at least the dry skin around it)
Matte Finish

To some, a matte finish is a pro and to others a con. I like matte finishes one certain parts of my face, but I feel most matte finishes tend to look a bit cakey. I do get breakouts fairly easily, and since i tend to try to dry out the pimples with spot treatments, the skin around the pimple is super dry and this really accentuates it. The finish is matte, but its a bit too .... fake? Like you can definitely tell Im wearing foundation. Its really heavy, at least for me since I like foundations to not feel like a mask so I can actually touch my face. Since its heavy, it didnt allow my skin to breathe, thus making me break out.
Overall, I really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, I didnt.