Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/8/2010 12:01:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin and this is the only foundation I've found that lasts all day. It is a little difficult to blend with your fingers, but I use a damp sponge to apply it and it applys very well with that. My skin is also acne prone, and a lot of foundation break me out, but this one didn't. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a pump.

I don't understand the hype over this. I tried it and it's way to thick and so hard to blend. It dries right away and it's not cheap for a drugstore foundation. I would not recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

NOT Worth it at all!!

there's so much hype over this foundation so I decided to try it out. It's really not what it's cracked up to be.
The colors don't have enough yellow tone to any of them, so you end up turning pink from the foundation, which is the leading way for of course, orange.

It dried my skin out like crazy and looked cakey no matted how I applied it or how much I used.

Not worth the money. Not a very good foundation.

on 11/7/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Done lots of research on this foundation and everybody was saying that it was amazing and really good for people with oily skin. So i decided to try it (and mind you £12.99 is not cheap for a teenager).
WOW, this product was so bad i couldn't believe it! After all the praise i'd read about it, i was very shocked that it was terrible.
Made my face look even oilier than it already is, when it gets really oily the shade starts to change to lighter, and worst of all - it made me break out like no other! I'm still trying to nurse my face back to how it was because i used to have a lot of spots and then it was getting better until i bought this. Now i'm breaking out a lot more.
I really have nothing good to say about this. Anyone who has acne-prone skin, blackheads and really oily skin, i'm warning you to STAY AWAY!

on 11/6/2010 11:44:00 PM

I have been on the search for an HG foundation for over 13 years. I have acne prone skin that react different to all foundations. Well, last year I watched a ton of videoes on this foundation on YouTube, and decided to try it. Let me say, I have yet to discover a drugstore foundation that covers my face without looking un-natural like this puppy does. It has a great price tag, even though it does have its downfalls. First of all the packaging, Revlon snap out of it and put a freakin' pump. I always waste product and a bunch stays on the neck and just stays there. Also, heads up I notice this has a shelf life of a couple a weeks, then it begins to set weird on my face. For those reasons I can't commit and say that it is my HG, because I always cheat on Colorstay, and wander to other foundations. But, as long as Revlon Colorstay keeps taking me back after I see the error in my ways, we might just learn to live with each other.

on 11/6/2010 11:28:00 PM

Pros- covers well, lasts all day, cheap

cons- packaging, dries quickly when applying, makes pores more visible

on 11/6/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wish I had come off my high horse about drugstore foundations along time ago. This stuff is pretty awesome. I bought combination/oily in Caramel since I'm normally NC45 and everywhere I looked people said it was a perfect match. It does dry quickly and the bottle doesn't have a pump. But who cares? I just work fast and transferred it to an old pump bottle I had...(recycle, reduce, reuse...right?) My favorite thing about this foundation is that it does not move through out the day...At ALL! I have super oily skin especially at the end of the night. With this stuff, my concealer doesn't crease, and my powder doesn't crease. I apply with a MAC foundation brush. I think it's 190 (it's been so long since I purchased it). I top it off w/ mineralize skinfinish pressed powder. I don't feel too done up because it's really light compared to other foundations I've tried in the past. The only negative thing I have noticed is that if I sweat, my face will tingle where I'm wearing the foundation, so limit my use of it to days that I know I won't be running around too much. That said, I will totally repurchase when I run out and I may even branch out to try other Revlon products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This stuff is truly amazing. Great coverage and lasts all day, just like the name says. No breakouts or clogged pores.
At first I had a hard time using it since It is so pigmented and thick, but once I started using it with a damp sponge It was perfection. I wash my sponge every time before I use it then squeeze it with a towel and voila! Has just enough coverage without being too sheer or too heavy. Just the right balance. Makes my blush stay put all day long without fading. I use it in Natural tan and it is a perfect match.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw many reviews on Revlon color stay so i decided to get it. i have really oily seen so i got the combination/oily skin in ivory. i was so excited to try it but when i did i hated it. it said it lasts for 16 hours when i put it on it was gone in like 2 hours. it made my skin more oily then what it usually is. And it made me breakout really bad. I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin and acne prone skin. And if you want good coverage.

Tried this stuff in hopes of a cheaper day to day foundation. I've tried tons of different foundations (HE and DS) throughout the years. As a result of oily, acne prone skin I have been satisfied by very little. The only foundation I had found thus far that I like is MUFE HD foundation, which I wear in 118.

This doesn't fade, doesn't apply streaky, and doesn't advertise my occasional dry spots from healing acne. Medium coverage initally, but more if you work with it. As other reviewers say, it dries FAST.

I apply with a Sonya Kashuk flat top brush. I dot it on and buff it out before applying another dot. This keeps it from setting up the dotted area. The color selection isn't wonderful. The sand beige is believable enough with its yellow undertones, however it doesn't turn me into a simpsons character.

This is my new day to day, saving MUFE for big events.