Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 9/6/2008 6:22:00 AM

The consistency is great and it makes my eyelashes look so long but the smell is SO WEIRD. I don't know what the ingredient is, but eh- I got used to it. I don't get as much volume as I would like, but for this price I still think it's a good product.

on 9/6/2008 12:09:00 AM

I have long lashes, and I'm just looking for something with volume, when I saw Colossal Volume Express, I decided to try it out because it promised 9x volume.

I don't really like it, I found that it gives me no volume whatsoever, and no length, it basically just coats my to make them a little darker, but other than that, it doesn't do anything. But, if I do do a couple of coats, I get a little volume, but nothing over the top or dramatic.

I did notice the smell, but it's not an "OH MY GOSH THIS SMELLS DISGUSTING" kind of smell, it's not really a strong or overpowering smell, I barely noticed it until I actually smelt my tube of mascara.

I'm going to continue using this mascara because I don't want to waste it, after a couple of coats there is minimal volume, this is a good safe natural mascara that darkens my lashes, coats them and with enough coats, gives them volume.

I LOVED this mascara the first time I used it... BUT the SMELL made me sick after awhile. UGH! Like a sweet rosy puke smell. BUT my lashes looked amazing.

My big fat gripe about this mascara is that after about 2 weeks, the thresh-hold (LOL, I don't know what else to call it... ) busted... so it was like sticking my brush in a tube of goop. You know when you have mascara FOREVER and it does that? Anyway, the first time, I thought it was just a fluke... but after two weeks, my second tube did the same thing. I've never had that happen.

I was using MACs splashproof and Lancome Curbvirtuous for a while. I always have problems with racoon eyes and smudging. Using those two for a couple months, the skin around my eyelashes have gotten extemely dry - maybe because of the mascara, maybe because of the removal of it... I wanted to find a mascara i can just slap on and wash off with the rest of my makeup (not using an eye makeup remover)... i bought this because of the reasonable reviews and great price at WalMart (only $5!!) I was amazed when after the first day - NO SMUDGING! It also washed off easily with the rest of my makeup/face... no need for strong cleansers. I could use my lazy defualt of Pampers baby wipes and it comes off without a problem. It definitely made my lashes fuller - not sure about longer, but a lot fuller - i guess you call it "volumized" i did NOT notice any smell, so i'm not sure what others noticed... i'm using the regular *not* the waterproof, so maybe that's why? Also - no clumping either!

great price and it works!

on 9/3/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. It gives me big, full, noticable lashes. The brush lets you put on a few coats with no clumping. I generally like Maybelline mascaras and this one didn't disappoint. I would buy this before I bought DiorShow again. At the end of the day when I get ready to take off my eye make up I am constantly impressed by how good my lashes look. Definite repurchase. I must be in the minority because I didn't notice the smell of this at all. I read that it smells like DiorShow, not to me and I would have noticed that gross overly rosey smell. I say try this one out. For a drug store mascara it's a good find.

I just upped this from 4 lippies to 5 after the compliments I received about my lashes yesterday. An aquaintance told me she was jealous of my naturally perfect eyelashes and my boyfriend out of the blue described them as "ridiculous" (this is a good thing). I was so focused on looking for volume from this mascara that I didn't notice the length it gave me. I think this was $7.99 well spent!

on 9/2/2008 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This mascara was such a disappointment for me. So many people seem to like it, so I was hoping that I would too, but I don't even think that I will be able to finish the tube I have (I can't even imagine living with this for three months).

Pros: This did give me dramatic lashes, very thick, lush, and sexy. Also, this seems to hold a curl well, which is important to me since my fine eyelashes are usually pretty curl-challenged.

Cons: This stuff smells! I know everyone talks about it on here, and I knew this going in, but I still can't stand it. Yes, the smell does fade somewhat (from awful to icky), but I can still smell it on my lashes an hour after I've applied it and it kind of makes my eyes tingle. Finally, this stuff flakes, which I have little tolerance for. It doesn't seem to matter if I apply just one coat, or many; this mascara seems very brittle and just normal blinking makes little pieces flake off. At least I didn't pay very much for this. $6 for a bad experience and a lesson learned.

on 8/30/2008 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was just like DiorShow. However, I did not like Dior either. This was too wet! So wet that it didn't hold my curled eyelashes. It never felt dry to the touch. It smeared so bad that it gave me raccon eyes within a hour of wear. Not to mention it made them itch too. Sadly my search continues and this will be returned to the store.

I love this mascara. I have been using it for going out at night, because I think that it can be a bit too much on me for the daytime. I like a more conservative mascara for work. This stuff is great for a dramatic look. I have medium to long, dark lashes, and I love mascara that really coats my lashes to the point of looking fake and Colossal definitely does that.

As other people have mentioned, it does smell terrible, but it only lasts a second. I could care less about smell as long as the product works and this does! I usually do two coats. The first coat tends to go on a little clumpy, as the formula is very thick (that's how I like it!). It just takes working the brush a little to prevent the clumps. It gives me super thick, dark lashes that really look too good to be true!

It holds up well, and I haven't had any problems with flaking or smudging. I think the fat brush gives me a great application, but you do have to be very careful not to hit your eye with the brush because it is so large, it can be hard to maneuver. Overall a great buy, and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's a good mascara for everyday use, nothing colossal though. It thickens and lengthens lashes without the clumps, but in my opinion looks best with a lot of eyeliner or shadow (it wouldn't be very noticeable otherwise). Probably my HG mascara for the moment.

Popular Mascaras