November 26, 2014 | 1718 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kenzierosaline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the foundation for you if you're done roaming. Take a blob of primer, smooth it all over your face, then apply this in dots to the areas that need it. Now blend.

Perfection.

Great coverage, lasts all day, great colour. I love this. I will return to it one day, once I am done with my reviewing, it is better than Estee Lauder, which was $80 and this was $35, go figure. I do not have a bad word to say about this, and the amazing range of colours that it comes in. Yay Revlon. :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ellenahc5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

So i bought this because my EL DW was making me look too much like a ghost, i stumbled upon this in the pharmacy.
I matched myself with 400 Caramel in the Oily/combo formula and i went on my way.
So I have a job which requires me to be up and about sweating in the sun and so forth and my makeup needs to be dependable. I noticed this would wear off of my face 3 hours into wear. boy was i disappointed. I experimented on different ways to see how it would last longer but at the end of the day nothing would be left on my face.
the other issue i started having with this is that it started getting a tad too dark. this is where it gets confusing for me i go fishing to the beach and at work i am constantly out in the sun yes i do wear sunblock but i still get dark. i have no clue whats up with that.
It did transfer alot as well as i do touch my face alot and it would get trapped under my nails (yuck) and get all over the place ugh so that was another no-no for me.
So i would not be repurchasing this foundation again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by nicoleeju

I really had high hopes for this foundation. It seemed universally loved by everyone on youtube so I thought this would be one of the best. Plus, it has the oil combo skin type so I thought it would help control my oils. No.

Pros:
Good Coverage
Decent Color Selection
Has 2 Skin types (dry/oily)
Matte Finish

Cons:
It made me break out
Did not control my oils
Its heavy
It accentuated my pimples (or at least the dry skin around it)
Matte Finish

To some, a matte finish is a pro and to others a con. I like matte finishes one certain parts of my face, but I feel most matte finishes tend to look a bit cakey. I do get breakouts fairly easily, and since i tend to try to dry out the pimples with spot treatments, the skin around the pimple is super dry and this really accentuates it. The finish is matte, but its a bit too .... fake? Like you can definitely tell Im wearing foundation. Its really heavy, at least for me since I like foundations to not feel like a mask so I can actually touch my face. Since its heavy, it didnt allow my skin to breathe, thus making me break out.
Overall, I really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, I didnt.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lxbrittin21

Love that this foundation has good coverage! However it oxidises somewhat...makes me darker than in the morning by the end of the day:( Also looks mask-like! You'll have to apply a SMALL amount.
The other gripe is that it sediments on your skin. just cakes up in different pools on your face. it isn't too obvious...a stippling brush would help. (Although it takes up more time.) Don't use a flat foundation brush - brush strokes are super obvious with this foundation. A foundation brush picks up too much product too.

This foundation is completely resistant to water. I'm a swimmer and I go swimming in it ALL the time. The countless photos my teammates and I take after trainings are proof that nothing comes off!

needs a powder to set it though, lest you look like a glitterball. I've rather oily skin too so no matter what, I need to use a powder. I usually use L'Oreal base manifique for primer, and maybelline clear smooth shine free face powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by iloveyallsreviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So i have read millions of reviews and watch youtube videos and i have to admit THIS IS MY HOLYGRAIL of foundation if you have a stippling brush than your set but not till you have one.
I have tried with my fingers and the brush the brush is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. and i mean it i have gotten so many compliments and i have peach fuzz so when i wear foundation it looks crazy it makes them stick out more but with this foundation applied by the stippling brush its so awesome.
I will contunie to wear this till the end of time unless they make a new version :)
i also have bad acne proned skin and this is awesome i have learned that this makeup will break you out if not washed off before bed but other than that your set! Trust me ima make up fanatic lol!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by robotikk

I used this foundation before and absolutely loved it minus the fact that it takes awhile to fully blend it, and its kind of hard to blend. Decided to go and buy it again, but for some reason, it OXIDIZED on me. =( I used the oily/combo one this time (Before i used the dry/normal skin one). I don't know if it has to deal with that, or because i just got a faulty batch? It still has that yucky smell to it, but its bearable. The oxidizing isn't really too bad. I can still wear it fine, but I just hate that it gives me a slight orange/red tint to my face. =/ Will buy again to see if it's the same next time around. I hope not though..this foundation was an absolute dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by grmegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. It is the best drugstore foundation I have ever used. I love the amount of coverage it offers. My face can get really red sometimes, but this foundation hid that really well. The reason I gave it a 4, however, is because it can look a little too cakey on my face and I prefer a more natural dewey look. It is a fantastic cheap alternative though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by maosey05

I had been using this foundation on and off for the past year. On bad skin days, I reach for the Colorstay to provide the coverage that I need. It's a little heavy, but the foundation truly does stay put. Recently, I took a segway tour of Chicago in the RAIN. Checked my makeup after the tour and it still looked good. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jennacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVVVVEEEEE ITT(: best foundation i have everrr tried!!! and i cant believe its from the drugstore! when i tried it i waass a little iffy but then i tried it for a couple days and it was ahhmazinng. i ihave alot of acne scarring and uneven skin w/blemishes, the gives me a really nice mattee natural-ish look. u don't even need to top it w/ a powder cause it really does color-STAY!!!! it removes w/a makeup wipe easily too. this will probably be the foundation i use for a lonng time(:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xoxxSarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the most amazing product I've ever used. It gives me complete coverage and It lasts all day! It isn't too heavy either and it never made me look cakey. I have never got one pimple from using this foundation, which is rare! When I first got this I wasn't quite sure but then I tried it out for a couple weeks and it was perfect. It doesn't make you look shiny after wearing it for a few hours, which I have had happen before. I don't know why, but I loveee the smell of this foundation. It would be a lot better if they made it so it had a pump but other than that it's a great product. Great smell, great coverage, great price, lasts all day and great colour. Pretty much great everything. 10/10 =)