August 20, 2014 | 1036 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally got a bottle of this to try it as MUA seems to love this foundation. I got the combo/oily version first, and while it does last a long time, it takes too long to blend and my skin felt a little dry. I then got the normal/dry version and I have to say it works so much better for my skin! I This helps my dry skin heal, yet doesn't break me out (I'm talking to you Neutrogena Healthy Skin). While Buff 150 is a bit too dark, the undertone is correct so I can deal with it. The dry version isn't as long lasting as the oily version on my skin (dry- 9ish hours, oily- 12ish with primer), but it works for me. I noticed the paint smell with the oily version, but not the dry version. Overall, I'm glad I listened to MUA on this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the normal/dry formula. Good coverage, and can apply with my fingers w/o any primer for an even skintone when I am rushed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for the last 9 years or so. I have tried many other foundations (liquid and powder) - Clinique, Lancome, Maybelline, Tarte, Dior, MAC, etc. Some of them made me break out more or less, some of them were too oily or flaky. Revlon (only Colorstay) was always the best and I havent found anything better so far. I am not sure if it makes me break out but its not oily or matte, stays on all day. Sometimes little hard to take it off so I use waterproof make up remover. I wish the bottle was with a pump. As they stopped selling this foundation in Europe I buy it in Canada were its about $21.00 but I have been lucky to purchase it from US for $10.99 or even cheaper.
    UPDATE: I have found better foundations that are easier to remove and clean my brushes afterwards so I do not use Revlon Colorstay anymore. Also Revlon foundations are full coverage, I am looking for lighter coverage now.
    However, this foundation will always be one of my favorites as I am used to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

....i go this fundation like a year ago...i didnt like it at first bc it was too matt i know i am oily but still it was too matt it didnt look real on my skin at first, and it was like 2 shades darker than my skin color...i got it on rich tan...so i didnt like this fundation and i just forgot about it....i tried other fundations from higher brands and i found my shisheido fundation and my superfit from clinique....i tried others that i had to return bc didnt work on my oily skin...so i found this fundation again while checkings new things to try that i had on my make up vanity....and i also had photoready by revlon and it was too light for me....so one day i was just bored and mix those two fundation...and it made the perfect color for me, and the feeling too.... not too matt not to dewy either...so its the best combination ever...the wierd thing about this mix that i created is that i dont need a primer...if i wear a primer the fundation wont last more than 3 hrs....if i dont wear a primer this mix stays on my skin the whole day...i know its wierd...but i do moisturize bf applying thisn fundation...and my primer does work on other fundations...i just love the mixing this fundation and photoready i get compliments, some people dont even think i am wearing fundation...its amazing...and it makes all my cheap blushes last all day too...i mean i do blot but maybe twice a day...and my skin is very oily and acne prone....i do take care of my skin and remove make up at night...and i apply this fundation mix with my fingers bc i think it looks very natural....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by illinibeauty07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few months now, and it is a very good one. It has a medium coverage I wouldn't say full, but for me it covers what I want to cover; which is redness around my nose the occasional blemish and it evens out my skin tone perfectly. I use the color Rich Tan and it is a pretty good match although it is a little too pink for me I do prefer a yellower undertone. I found that for me the best way to apply it is with a damp sponge because it blends much easier and gives me a lighter coverage, I have tried a foundation brush, my fingers and a dry sponge. The foundation brush gives the most coverage although it is the hardest to work with, fingers are easiest and gives you good coverage more than the damp sponge but less than the foundation brush. I didn't like applying it with a dry sponge because the sponge soaks up most of the product, and for me that gives me about the same coverage as my fingers. This Foundation last all day for me, the only place where it fades a bit is my nose but I have a very oily nose. I love the way this foundation wears on me because the longer I wear it the more natural it looks with out losing coverage. I also didn't have a problem with if in the heat, this foundation does not transfer. It holds up pretty well in the heat and humidity, although when it's hot I usually don't wear liquid foundation because it feels heavier on the skin. Overall this is an excellent foundation and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Dippychan

This product would be wicked with a pump. It's the best drug store foundation that I've used so far, it goes on smoothly and doesnt look as cakey. The only issue i have with it is that, for me, it doesnt stay on all day or at least more than 5 hours even with a primer. (prime time)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. It feels incredibly heavy no matter how lightly I apply it. I don't enjoy feeling like I'm wearing a mask on my face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

The UK version of this comes with an SPF of 12. Just saying.
    I tried colorstay in the past and hated it - it was thick, heavy, cakey, broke me out and oxidised. That was the combo/oily formula. I recently got the dry/normal formula...what a difference! This one looks natural, doesnt oxidise and isnt thick or heavy. It spreads and blends so easily. The oily/combo formula leaves a flat dull look, but the dry formula leaves a more satin, healthy finish.

I'm an NC42 with golden undertones (I use the shade caramel in Photoready btw) and toast matches me perfectly. It's not pink or yellow toned, but a true golden brown colour. I tried several other shades and none of them worked for me - natural tan (too beige and light), golden caramel (radioactive orange), rich tan (way too pink toned), early tan (too light and beige/pink)...toast is definately the best for me.

The coverage is light to medium, which I love because I don't have any acne or scarring. The oily/combo formula gives medium to full coverage though. This one covers redness and small blemishes fine.

Lasting power is so good - I'm a nurse and this stays on with no touchups for my 12 hour shift where I'm constantly on my feet and rushing about. I have normal to combo oily skin and the formula is perfect for me. The oily/combo formula contains SD alcohol which is extremely drying and irritating to the skin. I would recommend everyone just use the normal/dry formula, and if you're excessively oily, use an oil control primer underneath.

I hate the packaging, it's messy and unhygienic. Also, it's rather pricey for DS (£11.99) but they occasionally have it on offer for £9.99.
    I'll definatly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Aubrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for Oily/Combo skin in the color Buff, which is an almost perfect match to my skintone. This is definately the best foundation I have ever used and the only one that gives me the coverage and lasting power that I need.

Pro's:
    -Lasts all day long (even in humid weather)
    -Covers all of my blemishes and scarring. I suffered (and still do occassionally) from pretty bad acne that left scars and discolorations on my face, and this foundation covers them almost completely.
    -Doesn't break me out
    -Inexpensive

Con's:
    -No pump. I don't mind having to pour it out when the bottle is relatively full but when I get down to the last bits of product it takes a while for it to drip down to the opening. I also feel like I waste a little bit because of this.
    -Drys very fast and doesn't blend amazingly well. I use a damp sponge to solve this issue for me but I have to be very careful with application so that it doesn't get cakey.
    -Takes SO much scrubbing to get it off my face. It comes off better if I use a cleanser with microbeads.

For me the Pro's outweigh the Con's, however, I don't wear this foundation every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I am going to rate this product for what it states it is: colorstay does stay put ALL DAY long! No wonder it has such a great following. I hesitated to try it for a long time because I thought honestly it couldn't live up to the hype, but I was proven wrong!lol! Yes there is no pump & yes there is a funny smell to it, but the smell goes away fairly quickly & you just learn to pour it out carefully & very slowly, that's all. For reference, I am NC35 & I bought #310, warm golden, which is not 100% a match, but it's close enough.

For application purposes, you must, must use either a wet sponge or a dampened brush. Otherwise it can look cakey. The best result I have gotten is with the 109 & I spray water onto it & then apply the foundation in sections of my face & then just buff away. Btw-a little goes a loooooong way! I have had my bottle now for a few months & have barely made a dent. I have also on days when I have zero time to get ready, mixed this with my sunscreen & have gotten a really nice tinted moisturizer look that lasts all day. Try it, you wont be disappointed!