September 21, 2014 | 1065 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by holliedavis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely oily skin with large pores, and I have struggled for years to find a smooth coverge that won't slide off of my face. In the past I used Studio Fix Powder in NC40, but I found that when I tried to build coverge for problem areas (breakouts)my face would appear cakey and chalky. I have used MAC Select SPF fluid foundation in the poast, but it is so thin and it does not dry to a matte flawless finish like the Studio Fix Fluid. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation! I apply moisturizer, followed with Estee Lauder Idealist skin refinisher. I use very little of Studio Fix Fluid in NC40, and my flawless coverage stays put all day. It also doesn't go "orange" or change color like so many other foundations as my face becomes oilier later in the day. AWESOME!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to like this but I find it a bit to masky and thick for my tastes.

I prefer something a bit more "glowy" and skin-like...I am partial to Armani LSF and Chanel's Pro Lumiere. I have combo-skin and this DOES hold the oilies at bay but it just seems to suck all the life out of my face and accentuate a few fine lines that I have.

Maybe in Summer this will be a better fit. I think it's a nice product but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Padmita

This is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. It is perfect for combination and oily skin because it is very mattifying without being too dry, it leaves a silky feeling on the skin. It has great staying power, and you hardly need powder over it. The coverage is medium to heavy and really buildable without getting too dark. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Librarian28

I have classic combination skin, and it's in good shape (I'm 54), but I have redness and some broken capillaries on my nose, cheeks, and chin. Nothing I've tried covers the redness for more than a few hours. I read the MAC foundation reviews here and thought I'd give one of them a try. When I went to the MAC web site, I wasn't sure which product would work best so I emailed them through their "Ask a makeup artist" feature. I mentioned that I had been using a Stila foundation in 50 Watts to give them a sense of what shade I wear. I heard back the next day, and the makeup person recommended Studio Fix Fluid in NW20. So I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom, and that is exactly what they recommended too. It even was the right shade. I love this foundation! I use it with the brush they recommended over a thin coat of Chanel Illuminating Makeup Base. I wasn't planning to buy the brush, but the MAC person showed me that it does make it easier to apply, and it does look better, in my opinion. The Studio Fix lasts all day, and my skin looks absolutely perfect! Finally!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely the best liquid foundation that I've ever used. My skin is the very definition of "combination" with a very oily t-zone and super dry patches on my cheeks, but this stuff works perfectly. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks and this covers them but DOESN'T clog them. I know a lot of people complain that Studio Fix (powder) made them break out but the fluid is wonderful and I'm pretty acne-prone and it has made my acne look BETTER. Crazy huh? Anyway this stuff is well worth the price and my only complaint is that it doesn't come in the same colors as the original Studio Fix (such as N's, C's,etc etc) so I had to buy NC20 and NW20 to get my perfect color, but oh well. I also suggest applying it with the 182 buffer brush that just came out with the Catherine Denevue collection because it really buffs out the foundation and leaves a flawless finish. Would def. buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Kara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful foundation....very long lasting, and while my oiliness does break through, it's not nearly as bad as my usual, Nars oil-free. I blot about 2x/day. I got NC30, which is perfect with my self-tanner, but I'm going to also get NC25 for when I'm a bit paler and also to mix with the NC30.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was excited when I heard this foundation was being released by MAC. As a big fan of the Studio Fix powder, I was eagerly awaiting a fluid counterpart, and the fact that it had SPF was attractive to me. (Although, the SA said that it protects against UVA/UVB rays, but the ingredients do not seem to correlate with this -- there is no avobenzone or titanium dioxide or any other ingredient that would indicated full spectrum protection. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

Anyway, that aside, I got the NC20, which is a pretty good match for my PPP/LLL skin, although I do notice that the drydown is a tad bit more yellow than my natural skintone is. I've used other MAC foundations in the past, and have never noticed than an NC was too yellow. I think some other girls had problems with colors as well, so this may be a consideration when you purchase. (ie. I wouldn't recommend purchasing online or sight-unseen.)

I apply this with my fingers because I'm too lazy to use a brush, but a foundation brush would probably yield a great finish, too. It has medium coverage, and I can build it without having it look cakey or thick. I didn't have to use concealer on my undereye circles when I used this foundation.

The texture is quite light-weight, almost moussey. Compared to Chanel's Pro-Lumiere, which gives the same level of coverage, the Studio Fix Fluid is lighter in texture and seems to blend a bit better into the skin.

The finish is a demi-matte, I would say. It's not full-on matte, like the effect you would get with a powder, but it definitely does not give a dewy finish like a tinted moisturizer would. It's quite polished looking, and I would think would be great for photographs.

As far as the lasting power is concerned, it's incredible! I've tried this with and without MAC's Prep + Prime Face, and either way, this stuff has good lasting power. I didn't have any oily breakthroughs on my nose (which I usually have with foundation.)

I did take off one lippie because the container is heavy (glass) and messy (need to buy a pump), and there is the SPF factor for me, but overall, I would repurchase if I ever ran out. (I use foundation quite sparingly, so I'm sure I'll have this stuff until it expires!)

EDITED 3.31.06: This stuff broke me out!!! I never get pimples, and this gave me clogged pores all over my T-Zone! I returned it today!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Trax7

I love Studio Fix Fluid!! It's very mattifying (right away, so blend quickly!) and it stays put all day. I blot probably 3 times a day, just in my t-zone area. This beats all of MAC's other foundations for me; I also have Full Coverage, Select SPF 15, and Hyper Real (which I love for a glowy look) but I haven't used Full Coverage or Select since I've bought Studio Fix Fluid. It's definitely a must have :) But whatever you do, don't order online because the coloring is slighty off, I'm usually an NC20 in all my foundations/concealors/powders, but in Studio Fix Fluid I'm a NW20, NC was way too yellow. And I've heard this from a lot of other girls sayig they had to get a different color than their usual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 2:17:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I've tried several MAC foundations in the past, but most of them still got shiny in my t-zone even with a primer but this takes the cake for my normal/combo skin. It looks natural matte, not flat, and stays that way better than most any other foundation I've tried. I top it off with a dusting of Blot Loose (or Pro Set ~ they're almost identical) and I'm good to go with less touchups or blotting than before.
Colour matching can be a little bit of a hassle, but worth the time to get a good match. I've been matched as a C3 with Studio Fix powder and in Hyper Real the NC300 works well (though I do find it just a bit too 'shiny') but in Studio Fix Fluid I ended up with NC37. NC30 actually looked darker and a bit more 'olive' and NC35 has a nearly imperceptible stronger yellow tone than the NC37 (which has what looks to me a hair more peachy than yellow tone than NC35, but *very* subtle!!) Even the MA agreed the NC30 looked darker than NC37. The store has great window lighting btw... It seems to be a great match and in natural lighting looks the right shade. I might even try the NC30 in the summer (or try a sample).
I'm really pleased also at how natural this looks, particularly after a light buffing. I've read the the #116 works well to apply and it does! I've also buffed with a kabuki after applying and it's awesome but even without a brush, the finish is beautiful.
Wow, I've been knocked out of my rut! I didn't expect to love this so much but I do! Thanks MAC!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! I have super oily skin and this stays matt on me for hours. You have to use this with the Loose Blot Powder. The combination is awesome for oily skinned people like myself. The coverage is medium to full, it evened up my skin tom\ne and covered my acne scars.