November 27, 2014 | 1171 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rondaw

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had several samples of this and I found one that was a close match but not close enough. It was the most thick and dry foundation I have tried in years. Definitely not for me. I will stick with my Virtual skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

If I've learned one thing since joining MUA, it's to never go cheap on foundation! My drugstore foundation collection absolutely wasn't working out for me! I was going to head over to the Clinique counter, but it was bonus time. The only thing I needed was foundation, and I didn't want those pesky ladies in white coats pressuring me to buy more than I actually need! Then I remembered the new MAC store had just opened!!=0) I told the MA I was looking for a full coverage liquid foundation. So, she matched me up with this one in NC20. The color is a perfect match and the coverage is amazing! Blends well, no oompa loompa look a few hours later, and it lasts all day! And unlike the new ColorStay foundation, I can even wash it off easily at night with my regular face wash! Just a tip, though: I think this runs a bit lighter than some of the other MAC foundations! I'm an NC30 in the Studio Fix Powder foundation, but an NC20 in the Studio Fix fluid. So, you might want to have the MA's at the MAC counter find your match for you the first time you buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2006 9:53:00 AM More reviews by skunk416

I was in search of an HG foundation and the mac artist gave me a sample of this to try. I LOVE it. My skin is combination, with acne scars, and maybe 1-3 pimples a month. This covered up everything! Before this I was using a liquid foundation, then a concealer, then powder. With this, all I use is this and then mac blot. It doesn't cake at all and last throughout the day. I will be purchasing this as soon as my sample runs out!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Made me very very dry and pasty. After about 3 days it broke me out something terrible. If you are still hell bent on trying this, be sure to ask for a sample first. *UPDATE* mineral makeup is the way to go, see my review of everyday minerals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by amby069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make-up artist and recently discovered this product and was AMAZED! I have tried it on virtually every skin type and tone and found this product to be phenomenal! It blends beautifully into the skin creating a soft focus lense appearance but is virtually invisible! Its so light weight feeling (which is what I hate most about foundations is that heavy feeling!) and you cannot tell you are wearing make-up. It's buildable so you can layer to cover hyper pigmentation issues or do a very light soft wash of it to even skin tone without alot of product. GREAT for combo skin. I recommend using it with a loose powder to set it (I'm LOVING the new Blot powder loose with it, keeps you shine free for MUCH of the day!). I don't know about the break out factor over pro-longed use (I find MAC face products have a tendancy to do that do to being such heavy coverage), but as of now I'm loving it. I've used MANY different face products from different lines and find this is in a league of its own! MAC has a pretty good return policy so I would definitely recommend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mayapapaya

I received a sample of this, along with the Strobe Cream at a local MAC counter. I've been battling a constant breakout on my chin for several months now, and the last thing that I would need is a foundation or a moisturizer that would aggravate it. I purchased the Hyper Real foundation recently, and while it gave me a great glow, it did not provide enough coverage for my acne, therefore I chose to step up to a full coverage SFF, and the Strobe Cream for a healthy glow. Using the SC under the SFF delivers a wonderful base, and makes my foundation last the entire day, and the SFF is absolutely amazing for blendability and buildability. My breakout is covered, and despite the SFF's claim to deliver a matte finish, it actually gives off a nice, natural look, without a sign of cakyness. I am very impressed, and I will definitely purchase both after I finish using the samples.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok.. I'm not really sure about this product. I have worn it for about a week, and granted, the coverage is excellent. It keeps your skin looking matte for half the day, which is better than any other foundation I have found. But, I have noticed I am starting to get blackheads in my cheeks.. Which is a NEVER. I am also breaking out on my forehead, which is a NEVER! So, I am wondering if this is what is causing it.. I haven't switched anything but the makeup.. So, I'm not sure? I washed my face yesterday, and this morning, and have been totally makeup free for 2 days.. My skin looks 100 percent better. So, if you are very oily and acne prone, I wouldn't recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

i normally use MAC Studio Fix, but have never found quite the perfect shade. i tend to go with either NW20 or N4, and both work rather well. i'm fair and despite having pinkish undertones, i look best in warm colors.

anyway. i tried samples of Studio Fix Fluid in both NW15 and NC15, since the drydown is darker than the liquid first appears. i could easily wear either shade, but after applying both in bright but diffused (through a ricepaper windowshade) natural light, i think the NC15 is the better choice. it truly blends into my skin more and seems to brighten my complexion. the NW15 seems to "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it.

all that said, i'm still undecided about whether i personally will continue to use this product. it IS a fantastic product -- the coverage is full yet lightweight and not cakey, the finish is smooth, flawless and matte without being chalky or masklike, and it lasts forever without turning or fading.

however, i prefer a sheerer coverage and slightly dewier finish on my own skin. now that i have finally overcome adult acne and have regained the almost-perfect skin of my teens, i don't NEED the coverage level that Studio Fix Fluid provides. i have applied it using a 190 foundation brush heavily dampened with Fix+ to "sheer out" the coverage, but i still think i prefer my Select Tint SPF, Select Moisturecover concealer, and a dusting of regular Studio Fix (using a fluffy powder brush rather than the sponge applicator).

all in all, i HIGHLY recommend this product for those who need/want fuller coverage but prefer a liquid rather than a powder foundation (especially those with dry skin), but i am not sure if i'll be using it myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by daylami

I'm always on the lookout for something that will cover well and be less of a pain in the buns than my Laura Mercier, so even though my skin's pretty dry I picked up a bottle of this in NW15. It was a tough call between NC and NW - the MAs had a split vote and I was disappointed that the N shades didn't get fluid counterparts. (Normally I wear N3 -->N5, depending on the season.) I swiped both on the back of my hand and fearing NC was too golden, I went with the other one...but they both looked suspiciously dark.

Next day I put it on with the 190 brush and wore it to work...I moisturised like hell and didn't find it was too chalky or matte. The finish is very nice, and feels great on the skin. Still, the color bothered me - it wasn't honkin' orange and probably nobody else noticed, but I notice and that's enough. Even so, it stayed on *perfectly* and the pigment was concentrated enough that I could still see the swipes on my hand from the day before, after a shower and many hand washings. I'll hold onto this for summer.