MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/15/2006 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i'm not a fan of this product. the coverage is too fake-looking for my taste, and plus it really stinks. like literally, it reminds of something from my doctor's office.

on 6/9/2006 10:43:00 PM

I agree with the poster below who said that while NC20 matches in other MAC products, it is INCREDIBLY yellow in the studio fix fluid- total jaundice. Still, I wore it for 2 days with my usual bronzer to see if I even liked the formula enough to exchange for another color. Bottom line: for me, Studio Fix was nothing special. Average blending, average pore & fine line settling (an issue for me in the summer). To top it off, after 2 days of wear I broke into awful hives, a first for me. Terrible.

on 6/9/2006 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really like it! I went to a local MAC store to purchase the blot powder that everyone's raving about and the sales person convinced me into trying this foundation. I figured I'll keep the receipt and return it if I don't like it. I have oily and acne-prone skin, so I was concerned about break-outs, especially since it seems to be the trend with MAC foundations. But to my surprise, one week into it not only is my skin flawless, but I am really satisfied with the color match and how it's holding up throughout the day in the summer weather. I wish that the SPF was higher, but then again I really don't have to do too many touch-ups throughout the day, which leads me to believe that the SPF stays on as well. And finally, it really does cover imperfections without looking like a mask.

on 6/8/2006 11:28:00 AM

This foundation is AMAZING. The texture is beautiful, the coverage is perfect and the finish is gorgeous! I didn't have a problem with the color selection factor. My NC35 was a perfect match and its the only MAC color I've worn. It wasn't dark like most people are saying. Weird. But anyway I'm loving this! Lasts all day and best part? If feels like I'm not wearing HEAVY makeup. It feels VERY light.

on 6/5/2006 8:39:00 PM

I, too, bought into the hype for this product when it first came out and everyone was raving about what flawless coverage it provided, so I bought a bottle of this foundation in NC20 untested. The colour was my first mistake -- although NC20 suits me well in most MAC foundations, SFF is unfathomably yellow. I have trouble believing that anyone's skin could possibly be so yellow. Also, within minutes of putting it on, it darkened visibly so that I not only looked sallow, but also dirty. I exchanged it with NW15 the next day, which turned out to be a much better match, albeit a lot heavier than I would have liked. But after a few days of use I was noticing a lot more clogged pores than usual and it had given me little bumps all over my face that looked like the beginnings of a breakout. Also, the skin around my nose became much redder. So that bottle went back to MAC, too.

After I switched back to my tried-and-true mineral foundation, the little bumps slowly went away and my nose became less red.

So, SFF is definitely not the foundation for me. But, if you like your foundations heavy and have extremely resistant skin, then this might be the foundation for you -- just make sure to choose a lighter and pinker shade than usual. If you normally wear an NW shade, then I guess you're out of luck because there is no way this will look remotely good on you.

on 6/3/2006 5:04:00 AM

Broke me out in an itchy bumpy rash, which was a shame because this stuff is lovely. If you don't have sensitive skin, go for it! Looks great on, stays put and covers like a dream.

on 6/2/2006 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok this is my first time trying the MAC studio fix fluid. I am extremely oily individual. The foundation wears great but I have one draw back...the color. I was matched with nc44. It turns my skin slightly orange. Should i try one of the nw shades? which is most comprable???

on 6/2/2006 12:49:00 AM

For very oily skin like mine, Studio Fix Fluid is pretty much the only long-wearing/non-irritating foundation, even in the humid summer. By 4 p.m., most foundations have long disintegrated. I can still see Studio Fix, or rather, it still covers my blemishes and imperfections late into the day. It's really amazing. Yes, it feels slightly thick when I apply it. I just bought a foundation brush. I'm hoping I can apply the foundation a little more lightly without sacrificing the long-lasting coverage. I'll let you know.

The cap fits tightly on the bottle. With some foundations, like my Estee Lauder Double Matte, I always end up with foundation oozing from beneath the cap, which is messy and wasteful.

Updated 11/12/2006
I want to point out that the MAC Studio Fix Fluid isn't smothering like the Estee Lauder Double Matte. With the Double Matte, I felt like I had a mask on. The Studio Fix also goes on easier. The Studio Fix has a thinner consistency than Double Matte. Studio Fix is definitely the better foundation.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation, the reason I am giving it only 3 lippies is due to the fact that the lightest color NW15 is still too dark. I sampled it and put it on today and in the daylight it was about three shades darker than the rest of my body! How embrassing! So I just went back and she was shocked at my paleness and how the lightest color is way too dark for me! GIRLS HELP ME! I need full coverage, oil free that will last all day and that is light enough. It's so frusterating!

on 6/1/2006 2:24:00 AM

I was disappointed in this product. My MAC rep pushed it before it was out yet, but I guess partly I prefer cream (compact or stick) (age, age, darn it!). For a liquid it has excellent quality, but I am NW 25, they don't carry in this product, so had to go with NW 23, I look like I died or something! So, ended up being "chemist" playing mix and match with a little bronzing powder and other foundation to get it to look halfway decent. Will stick to cream or stick, ONLY if NW 25 available!