MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My new HG foundation! I changed from a dewy foundation as my skin gets too oily in the summer, and this was perfect! It is matte, but not deathly matte. My skin looks flawless with it on, it has excellent coverage. The staying power is incredible! And it doesn't rub off onto my clothes either!

I have bad skin, and it hasn't gotten better or worse after using Studio Fix, to those that have broken out, I suggest using a good make-up remover followed by a toner as this stuff really has staying power! Also use moisturiser and maybe a primer before using it because it can show up dry skin without these.

Only wish it had a better colour range, I have the NC15 but it is too yellow and the NW15 is too orange

on 1/6/2007 11:27:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It glides on and gives you plenty of time to blend no matter what you use...brush, fingers, sponge. The coverage is flexible so that you can apply a little and still get nice coverage or go heavier for more coverage still without looking heavy. This product last all day and doesn't change color for me at all. It has a great natural finish.

on 1/6/2007 6:50:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. As the reviewer below mentioned, it makes my skin look airbrushed, especially when I have clear skin. I haven't broken out since using this either which is amazing; I've never had a product do that before! It blends nicely and fits my skin tone perfectly. Hurray!

on 1/5/2007 1:49:00 PM

This foundation LOOKS amazing, covers blemishes and will give your complexion a very smooth appearance...HOWEVER if you have acne prone skin, DONT USE IT!! My face has never broken out so badly from a product. I applied it with my MAC 190 foundation brush. I am very careful about washing my face twice a day and I NEVER sleep in my makeup.

on 1/4/2007 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Slightly oily (sometimes dehydrated) NC25, acne prone
I have the studio Fix powder and hate it. looks cakey and breaks me out. I thought I'd try this after rave reviews. I'm C3 in the powder, NC25 in the SFF. I LOVE it.
It manages to give good coverage without loking cakey at all. The finish is satiny to perfection. Not matte, not shimmery or dewy - a perfect satin. I dont use finishing powder over this, but sometimes use a bit of bronzer with a bit of very light shimmer (see my rave for Prescriptives bornzer in Moonlight!) It does requite some touch up on my skin, b/c I'm active and oily and I suppose it's piggy loaded, so it can settle into my CRATER size pores, but after a blot and powder, it's back to perfect. I was shocked, but it does nto break me out at all. It's a bit mattifying. yay.
I dont see this working on skin that's dry. At all.
TIP: I liked it, but i dodnt love it until I applied with a foundation brush then smoothed/buffed VERY gently with a dry sponge. I look totally airbrushed doing this, but it takes both those steps. It's worth the extra minute and a half :-)
If you have oily to combo skin with no flakies and want to cover some stuff, this is for you.

on 1/4/2007 5:22:00 PM

Love this stuff, it rocks!! I use NC25 and the color is right on and natural looking. ONly irritating thing is sometimes liquid is hard to run out opening.

on 1/4/2007 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the first non-drug store liquid foundation I bought..so naturally I had great hopes for it. I really wanted something that wouldn't spread off on clothes when trying them on but this failed miserabley. I put on the powder studio fix which was a bit of an improvement but still felt all gooey and cakey mid-day. I MUCH prefer Bare Escentuals foundations/concealers. Plus studio fix liquid made me break out. Will not purchase again.

on 1/3/2007 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Skin: cool toned NW 15

Eyes: light brown

Hair: dark dyed red

I appear to be in the minority here, but Studio Fix Fluid really did not work for my dry, sensitive skin. I tried it with and without primer and just couldn't make it work for me; I always ended up looking dry and cakey. I also disliked the strange, lingering chemical smell of this foundation. After two weeks of wear, the formula dried my skin out to the point that I needed Aquaphor to fix it.

on 1/3/2007 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Years ago I tried the Studio Fix powder, and I was not too happy with it; I felt like it didn't completely settle into my skin, therefore, it was obvious that I was wearing a heavy foundation. While shopping for Christmas, I tried the liquid version of Studio Fix because I am always on a mission to find the perfect foundation. This comes very close to perfect. A little bit goes a long way, it blends well, the color is great (NC 35), it looks natural, yet it covers impeccably, and it has lasting power. The only problem I have with it is the scent. It is not a pleasing odor. Edit 7/5/08: This stuff is really gross. It doesn't look as great as I thought in the beginning. It's really hard on my skin. Even if I mix it with moisturizer, it still looks fake and dries out my skin. I now switched to MUFE Face and Body #34, and I am NC 35.

on 12/29/2006 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like the more natural looking foundation. The studio fix fluid delivers that with plenty of coverage. I have a lot of acne scars and this is the only foundation that doesn't require additional concealer on top. It doesn't cause my oily skin to break out. It is a great foundation. My only complaint is the bottle and cap combo. I just don't like it.