July 25, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by illinibeauty07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few months now, and it is a very good one. It has a medium coverage I wouldn't say full, but for me it covers what I want to cover; which is redness around my nose the occasional blemish and it evens out my skin tone perfectly. I use the color Rich Tan and it is a pretty good match although it is a little too pink for me I do prefer a yellower undertone. I found that for me the best way to apply it is with a damp sponge because it blends much easier and gives me a lighter coverage, I have tried a foundation brush, my fingers and a dry sponge. The foundation brush gives the most coverage although it is the hardest to work with, fingers are easiest and gives you good coverage more than the damp sponge but less than the foundation brush. I didn't like applying it with a dry sponge because the sponge soaks up most of the product, and for me that gives me about the same coverage as my fingers. This Foundation last all day for me, the only place where it fades a bit is my nose but I have a very oily nose. I love the way this foundation wears on me because the longer I wear it the more natural it looks with out losing coverage. I also didn't have a problem with if in the heat, this foundation does not transfer. It holds up pretty well in the heat and humidity, although when it's hot I usually don't wear liquid foundation because it feels heavier on the skin. Overall this is an excellent foundation and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Dippychan

This product would be wicked with a pump. It's the best drug store foundation that I've used so far, it goes on smoothly and doesnt look as cakey. The only issue i have with it is that, for me, it doesnt stay on all day or at least more than 5 hours even with a primer. (prime time)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff. It feels incredibly heavy no matter how lightly I apply it. I don't enjoy feeling like I'm wearing a mask on my face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

The UK version of this comes with an SPF of 12. Just saying.
    I tried colorstay in the past and hated it - it was thick, heavy, cakey, broke me out and oxidised. That was the combo/oily formula. I recently got the dry/normal formula...what a difference! This one looks natural, doesnt oxidise and isnt thick or heavy. It spreads and blends so easily. The oily/combo formula leaves a flat dull look, but the dry formula leaves a more satin, healthy finish.

I'm an NC42 with golden undertones (I use the shade caramel in Photoready btw) and toast matches me perfectly. It's not pink or yellow toned, but a true golden brown colour. I tried several other shades and none of them worked for me - natural tan (too beige and light), golden caramel (radioactive orange), rich tan (way too pink toned), early tan (too light and beige/pink)...toast is definately the best for me.

The coverage is light to medium, which I love because I don't have any acne or scarring. The oily/combo formula gives medium to full coverage though. This one covers redness and small blemishes fine.

Lasting power is so good - I'm a nurse and this stays on with no touchups for my 12 hour shift where I'm constantly on my feet and rushing about. I have normal to combo oily skin and the formula is perfect for me. The oily/combo formula contains SD alcohol which is extremely drying and irritating to the skin. I would recommend everyone just use the normal/dry formula, and if you're excessively oily, use an oil control primer underneath.

I hate the packaging, it's messy and unhygienic. Also, it's rather pricey for DS (£11.99) but they occasionally have it on offer for £9.99.
    I'll definatly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Aubrini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for Oily/Combo skin in the color Buff, which is an almost perfect match to my skintone. This is definately the best foundation I have ever used and the only one that gives me the coverage and lasting power that I need.

Pro's:
    -Lasts all day long (even in humid weather)
    -Covers all of my blemishes and scarring. I suffered (and still do occassionally) from pretty bad acne that left scars and discolorations on my face, and this foundation covers them almost completely.
    -Doesn't break me out
    -Inexpensive

Con's:
    -No pump. I don't mind having to pour it out when the bottle is relatively full but when I get down to the last bits of product it takes a while for it to drip down to the opening. I also feel like I waste a little bit because of this.
    -Drys very fast and doesn't blend amazingly well. I use a damp sponge to solve this issue for me but I have to be very careful with application so that it doesn't get cakey.
    -Takes SO much scrubbing to get it off my face. It comes off better if I use a cleanser with microbeads.

For me the Pro's outweigh the Con's, however, I don't wear this foundation every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I am going to rate this product for what it states it is: colorstay does stay put ALL DAY long! No wonder it has such a great following. I hesitated to try it for a long time because I thought honestly it couldn't live up to the hype, but I was proven wrong!lol! Yes there is no pump & yes there is a funny smell to it, but the smell goes away fairly quickly & you just learn to pour it out carefully & very slowly, that's all. For reference, I am NC35 & I bought #310, warm golden, which is not 100% a match, but it's close enough.

For application purposes, you must, must use either a wet sponge or a dampened brush. Otherwise it can look cakey. The best result I have gotten is with the 109 & I spray water onto it & then apply the foundation in sections of my face & then just buff away. Btw-a little goes a loooooong way! I have had my bottle now for a few months & have barely made a dent. I have also on days when I have zero time to get ready, mixed this with my sunscreen & have gotten a really nice tinted moisturizer look that lasts all day. Try it, you wont be disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gives nice coverage and once it's on it really does not budge. Therefore, I use this foundation only for special occasions like weddings. I wouldn't buy it agin and only use it to try and finish it up.
    It doesn't look too cakey if you put on a thin layer. It definitely provides full coverage but it definitely emphasizes my dry, flaky patches if I do have any. moisturizing is key. My biggest gripe about this foundation is that it is so difficult to blend. It drags on my skin when I apply it and I really need to work super quick before it dries bc once it's dry it stays put! It's impossible to get off w.o an oil remover btw. It looks alright in flash photography but nothing amazing.
    It also smells DISGUSTING. Chemically and just STRANGE. I was convinced for the longest time that mine was expired but my friend assured me her's smelled strange too.
    The packaging is alright. It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a sleek twist off black cap. NO PUMP which is ANNOYING. I pour out way too much and it's rather runny so I end up wasting a lot of product.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again. I find this foundation extremely overrated. I would rather spend a little bit more money for a foundation that feels better to apply, has better packaging, and doesn't have a putrid smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by miaowthathurt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is a foundation with lots of hype around it, so I was really curious if it would live up to its expectations. The coverage is one of the best things about this product - total smooth finish, and hide any redness or odd zits. I don't tend to get acne, but friends of mine who do have heavy acne also found this to conceal their imperfections very well. It doesn't rub off easily, once I went out for a whole night and my foundation didn't budge. But I would recommend setting it with loose powder, as it tends to have a slight sheen over it which may make your face look oily.
    The packaging I seriously disliked. The bottle opening is too wide and hard to control the amount of product you can get out. I prefer foundation bottles to have pumps. Also, I think opening the bottle so much every time caused mine to dry around the side of the bottle slightly.
    After about 4 months of being in love with this product, I noticed my bare skin wasn't as flawless as it used to be. I generally use foundation to even out the color of my skin, but now I had uneven skin, not spots exactly but just bumps. I switched to tinted moisturizer to let my skin heal, and it was ok but I haven't gone back to this bottle since just in case.
    I really want to love this foundation as much as I used to, but I'm kind of scared of it now..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lilyotvalley21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very oily pale skin, i bought this product after getting pregnant and becoming extreamly acne prone. i wore this product for about 5 hours and when i looked in the mirror no visible oil, i fell asleep with the product on and washed if off the next day, it acutally didnt even rub off on my pillow the coverage was great in the morning i could have touched up and walked out of the house, which i thought was a plus if you need to crash at some ones house with out any notice! also after all that time on my face i did not break out.

i agree with others the smell at first smells like paint, the packaging is poor for displaying the true color. after using bare minerals for about 4 years i found the price to be very reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

I LOVE REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION! This is by far the best drugstore foundation ever and one of the best foundations out there period. When applied correctly it last all day, looks great with the proper color matching, and is lightweight. This foundation is my go to, everyday makeup if I'm just in the mood to wear makeup, it gives that flawless look without caking up. Although I do prime my skin with milk of magnesia and monistat chaffing gel before every application.