Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This stuff is truly amazing. Great coverage and lasts all day, just like the name says. No breakouts or clogged pores.
At first I had a hard time using it since It is so pigmented and thick, but once I started using it with a damp sponge It was perfection. I wash my sponge every time before I use it then squeeze it with a towel and voila! Has just enough coverage without being too sheer or too heavy. Just the right balance. Makes my blush stay put all day long without fading. I use it in Natural tan and it is a perfect match.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw many reviews on Revlon color stay so i decided to get it. i have really oily seen so i got the combination/oily skin in ivory. i was so excited to try it but when i did i hated it. it said it lasts for 16 hours when i put it on it was gone in like 2 hours. it made my skin more oily then what it usually is. And it made me breakout really bad. I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin and acne prone skin. And if you want good coverage.

Tried this stuff in hopes of a cheaper day to day foundation. I've tried tons of different foundations (HE and DS) throughout the years. As a result of oily, acne prone skin I have been satisfied by very little. The only foundation I had found thus far that I like is MUFE HD foundation, which I wear in 118.

This doesn't fade, doesn't apply streaky, and doesn't advertise my occasional dry spots from healing acne. Medium coverage initally, but more if you work with it. As other reviewers say, it dries FAST.

I apply with a Sonya Kashuk flat top brush. I dot it on and buff it out before applying another dot. This keeps it from setting up the dotted area. The color selection isn't wonderful. The sand beige is believable enough with its yellow undertones, however it doesn't turn me into a simpsons character.

This is my new day to day, saving MUFE for big events.

on 11/5/2010 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Foundation for a few years now and recently changed to MAC Studio Fix just to try it out because I was impressed with their colour range... BIG MISTAKE. I started to break out straightaway after only using it for 5 days and I looked ORANGE! I threw that junk out and went back to my faithful Colorstay!

I LOVE Revlon Colorstay and only decided to try MAC because I hate the fact that there's no pump. Since then I have bought a set of 2 airless pump bottles on Ebay, 30ml each so they fit the Colorstay perfectly. Kind of a pain to pour it into the bottles, but I'm willing to deal with it.

Colorstay retails for $37.95 in Australia, which is kind of expensive but not as dear as say Dior or Chanel foundation. I have no problem paying this much for Colorstay because it really is the BEST I have found so far.

On work days I leave home at 6am and get home at 8:30pm and my foundation is still fresh and has not slid off when I get home. It is definitely non-transferable.

I will definitely keep buying this product for many years to come. I'm just sorry that I paid $48.00 to try the MAC Studio Fix... what a waste of my time and money!

Smells a bit like paint but you get used to it... I never even notice the smell anymore.

I squirt onto an old CD and use my MAC 187 Stippling brush for a perfect airbrushed look. Covers my many acne scars wonderfully!

I definitely recommend buying Revlon Colorstay and investing in a good brush too!

on 11/5/2010 2:52:00 AM

i dont understand the big hype with this foundation , i saw all the amazing reviews and decided to try it ,it is far too quick drying and leaves u with lines in places even when applied perfectly or with a damp sponge it also looks so cakey its unreal HORRIBLE foundation

on 11/4/2010 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

LOOOVE IT!~. Wish it had a pump, but other than that this is awesome. It also DOES last all day, never transfers and it natural looking. Love it.

on 11/4/2010 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

the number one thing that you invest on your makeup is having a good foundation.
i've been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for 3 years now, until last week, i've purchased the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation, because most of the reviews i've watched, they say its comparable with the MAC one, so me, girl on a budget, tried this one, and i must say,! it blew me away!!
i love this product!
getting same coverage, flawless on my skin, easy to apply and blend, very comparable to MAC studio fix fluid and most af all, way cheaper than the MAC one!, what more can you ask for!!

on 11/4/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation. I used to buy the dry skin formulation because I had horribly dry skin. I started using the Maybelline 24 hour foundation but now it makes my skin SUPER oily and doesn't stay put. I just re-bought the Revlon in 180 Sand Beige for oily skin and I fell in love all over again. The color matches my skin tone perfectly and it stays put pretty much all day or night without feeling oily or looking oily. It doesn't dry my skin out at all. Yes, it dries really fast, but I always apply my foundation in small sections so that isn't really a negative for me. This is my holy grail, I just wish it had a pump but nothing is perfect and if that is the only thing I personally find wrong with this foundation, so be it!

on 11/4/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing. I have super oily skin and this foundation lasts all day without even trying. I may start getting a slightly oily tzone by the late afternoon, but all my makeup is still in place. This foundation will stay on your face until you choose to remove it.

It has really good coverage, which is great. If you like a lighter foundation, then this might not be for you. It is a thicker foundation, but it does not break me out.

The only problem with this is that it dries really quickly so you need to apply it in small sections of your face or else you won't have time to blend it in. But overall, I love this foundation.

on 11/3/2010 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has good coverage and I don't know if it really stays on all day but it's pretty good. I wear 240 medium beige Normal/dry skin. I've heard that the other formula for oily skin can be really dry and make your skin blotchy but not this formula. So far I have not had any break outs and I've been using for almost a year now.