August 21, 2014 | 1012 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell

I am a mascara junkie and have tried many from high end to drug store and this one is (in my book) fantastic... it gives my lashes volume and length without any clumps... I love the brush, it is large but works great to get all of my lashes covered... would def. buy this one again...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by cvinson

Been using DiorShow and LashBlast for a awile and bought this. I have small, asian lashes that needed A LOT of help. This works wonders for me. I only apply one coat and my lashes looked even better than when I used DiorShow. Its dirt cheap, will def buy again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

Okay, so just because I have sparse, short lashes doesn't mean I should give this a bad review but.. The brush made my lashes so clumpy, weighed down my lashes/didn't keep a curl even when using my eyelash curler before, hardly lengthened my lashes.. I don't know I could go on. I'm thinking this mascara is geared toward girls with already super thick long curly lashes lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

i ♥ this mascara.

☻ its not even available in germany right now, but i ordered it from the us and im totally surprised how BIG my straight short lashes can be.

☻ i know you think " i heard that a hundret times..." but its truly a fake lash mascara.

☻ three coats of this mascara and youll have - no spiderlegs- beautiful full lashes.

☻ by the way : i hate all the other maybelline volume express mascaras !!!

ps : the packaging of this mascara is uber-cute ... i love the lime and purple ♥

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am happy that I didn't buy this mascara, even though I was tempted to by some of these reviews here. My sister bought it so I decided to try it on this morning and to see if it would really give my lashes volume. I have very long but thin eyelashes so volume is more important than length to me. I am also a natural brunette but my eyelashes are blonde so I always buy the blackest black mascara I could find. So anyways this morning I did my makeup nicely and as I pulled the mascara wand out of the tube it had way too much product on it. It was unbelievable. Everything was so messy and there was even some mascara on the handle. I couldn't believed it. I somehow managed to wipe off all the excess mascara from the wand and apply it to my lashes. Although it made them very dark, they were extremely clumpy. I'm talking 5 pounds on mascara on each eye. My boyfriend even noticed and said to me that my mascara sucked. Honestly which guy notices mascara? LOL .. it must've been *that bad*. I also don't have a problem with my eyes watering or being sensitive but they were very watery the whole day. Also when some mascara got into my eye, it stung like crazy. The most exciting part about this mascara was taking it off! I couldn't wait to remove it and let my eyes have a break. I think the mascara looks attractive from the outside because of its bright yellow colour and is easy to find in a huge makeup bag. But considering how it made my eyes water like crazy, stung and clumped like no tomorrow, I will never purchase this mascara or wear it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by andrealiliana

Too lumpy! I'm staying with fiber wig.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by thelmalu99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE!!! I think I may have finally found my HG mascara. I have been searching for years, while sticking with my basic (and cheap!) Great Lash because I couldn't find something I liked better.

What I love about Colossal:
- One coat really does give me longer, fuller, more gorgeous lashes with NO clumps. None at all! My lashes are naturally black and long, but this gives them the wow factor I have been looking for, while looking very natural. No Tammy Faye lashes here!
- It builds beautifully. Two coats give me a more dramatic look, while still keeping clumps to a minimum. (second coat does clump a little, but nothing crazy.)
- Lashes stay soft. No crunch!! I love that!
- Fat brush gets every last lash, even the teeny ones on my lower lid.
- Mascara stays put all day; no smudging.

All this in an inexpensive drug store brand. And I thought I was asking for too much.

Edit: Apparently I was expecting too much, because this stuff dried up in the tube after not even two weeks. No, I didn't leave the tube open. It got all clumpy and impossible to apply. It was good while it lasted, but if I have to throw more than half of the product away, it's no good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mascara for my thin, average semi straight lashes. I didn't curl my lashes and put this on and POW. I've never had fake looking lashes from 1 coat of mascara before. I really like how it darkened the base of my lashes which I could only do before with eyeliner. One thing to watch out for is the SMELL when you first open the tube... i DOES smell like roses (but not in a good way). I knew it smelled familiar! But its honestly not bad and it fades fast.

I got this in glam black, because I assumed it was just a darker than basic black. I assumed right. Usually "black" mascaras aren't dark enough for me (naturally black hair) but the color of this is nice and dark. I like it SO much better than lashblast, which brush was too big and awkward. The brush on this one is nice and full, but not too huge for my asian-ish eyes.

But this stuff can look spidery if you apply to heavy, hence the 4 lippies, because it dries pretty fast, but not hard (my lashes are still soft). I remedy this by taking a medium to stiff toothbrush (new, or course, just get a cheap one), and brushing the clumps out of my lashes. Usually this would result in full but natural looking lashes with my other mascara (Full n Soft), but with this I get thick fake looking ones that are nicely clump free. This is a keeper, I was less than 4 dollars (40% off). I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise as it looks so gimmicky (like lashblast). Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by de5thelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has no clumps which is a plus but its not giving me that UMPH look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by rallu

i wipe the brush with a tissue before i use it and it still gets clumpy. Maybe it gives me a little volume but in a spider legs ugly way , no lenght and makes my lashes look straight 5 min after curling.I threw it away.