December 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOOOVE IT!~. Wish it had a pump, but other than that this is awesome. It also DOES last all day, never transfers and it natural looking. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ysa7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the number one thing that you invest on your makeup is having a good foundation.
i've been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for 3 years now, until last week, i've purchased the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation, because most of the reviews i've watched, they say its comparable with the MAC one, so me, girl on a budget, tried this one, and i must say,! it blew me away!!
i love this product!
getting same coverage, flawless on my skin, easy to apply and blend, very comparable to MAC studio fix fluid and most af all, way cheaper than the MAC one!, what more can you ask for!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by cknight0623

This is my favorite foundation. I used to buy the dry skin formulation because I had horribly dry skin. I started using the Maybelline 24 hour foundation but now it makes my skin SUPER oily and doesn't stay put. I just re-bought the Revlon in 180 Sand Beige for oily skin and I fell in love all over again. The color matches my skin tone perfectly and it stays put pretty much all day or night without feeling oily or looking oily. It doesn't dry my skin out at all. Yes, it dries really fast, but I always apply my foundation in small sections so that isn't really a negative for me. This is my holy grail, I just wish it had a pump but nothing is perfect and if that is the only thing I personally find wrong with this foundation, so be it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by rebeccad89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is amazing. I have super oily skin and this foundation lasts all day without even trying. I may start getting a slightly oily tzone by the late afternoon, but all my makeup is still in place. This foundation will stay on your face until you choose to remove it.

It has really good coverage, which is great. If you like a lighter foundation, then this might not be for you. It is a thicker foundation, but it does not break me out.

The only problem with this is that it dries really quickly so you need to apply it in small sections of your face or else you won't have time to blend it in. But overall, I love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JackiePam21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has good coverage and I don't know if it really stays on all day but it's pretty good. I wear 240 medium beige Normal/dry skin. I've heard that the other formula for oily skin can be really dry and make your skin blotchy but not this formula. So far I have not had any break outs and I've been using for almost a year now.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is very, very full coverage and it's really thick. Definitely a night time foundation. I bought the dry skin version and it still makes my skin appear quite dry and crispy so i would recomment oily skinned people still give the dry formula a try.
I gave this product a 2 on the packaging quality because it isn't a pump bottle, therefor you can't judge just how much your getting as easy as a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by littlemissspicy

I've been using this foundation for a year now and I've actually repurchased once. I use the one in Warm Golden (for the oily/combi skin) and it matches my skintone just nice! Great coverage too. It looks very natural and flawless eventhough I use my fingers to apply it. Doesn't give me breakouts or anything. And it lasts for the whole day. My skin just looks awesome when I wear it. Some actually commented that I have great skin (i.e. no blemishes etc), they obviously can't tell that I'm actually wearing foundation and that the zits are just hiding underneath it! (I only use foundation. No powder or concealer btw.) Definitely my HG foundation. I don't think I'll ever use another.

I think some people will find this product too thick and hard to blend. I always apply my day moisturizer before my foundation, so what I do is I start applying before the moisturizer gets absorbed completely. This way the liquid can glide on more smoothly and it will be easier to blend. I think it makes it less cakey and more dewy as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lofty

This is absolutely great for me. It stays on FOREVER. And this is a problem on its own as well; tough to get it off. But nothing works against my trusty extra virgin olive oil. Just gotta add more EVOO to get it off and I am done!

I have acne prone oily skin and it doesn't break me out. And my skin is less oily throughout the day.

The packaging is less than ideal but you just have to be careful pouring it out and it's fine. Definitely way better than my clarins and bobbibrown liquid foundations I have used. Not to mention, it's at half the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by aardvarkz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been resisting the urge to use this because I was pretty sure it would break me out. However, I wanted a fuller coverage & long lasting foundation for Halloween night for all the parties, etc. I couldn't find a good match for my skin. I'm pale with pretty neutral undertones. Ivory was too light/pink by itself and Buff too dark/yellow. However, if I mix Ivory and Buff together the color is perfect! Hooray! I applied with my fingers, and the finish was great. My skin looked awesome. I tend to break out from products pretty quickly and the next day I had 0 new breakouts, so that's a plus. Since the coverage is heavy I probably won't be using it everyday, but its a great foundation if you want to look flawless for an event. Definitely recommended :)
---------
Thought I'd go ahead and update my review. I've been using this for a over a year now and still love it. Although I use Buff now and occasionally mix in Sand Beige to make it more of a match. Ivory ended up being too pink for me. It doesn't break me out, it has lasting awesome coverage, is widely available & affordable. Love this stuffff

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nnana

This is one of the better drugstore liquid foundations I've ever tried. It is inexpensive and long-lasting, although you do have to blend out fast fast FAST! as the consistency is pretty thick. It covers very well too. My only grouse is that the bottle is lacking a pump.