October 21, 2014 | 1537 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Made me very very dry and pasty. After about 3 days it broke me out something terrible. If you are still hell bent on trying this, be sure to ask for a sample first. *UPDATE* mineral makeup is the way to go, see my review of everyday minerals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by amby069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make-up artist and recently discovered this product and was AMAZED! I have tried it on virtually every skin type and tone and found this product to be phenomenal! It blends beautifully into the skin creating a soft focus lense appearance but is virtually invisible! Its so light weight feeling (which is what I hate most about foundations is that heavy feeling!) and you cannot tell you are wearing make-up. It's buildable so you can layer to cover hyper pigmentation issues or do a very light soft wash of it to even skin tone without alot of product. GREAT for combo skin. I recommend using it with a loose powder to set it (I'm LOVING the new Blot powder loose with it, keeps you shine free for MUCH of the day!). I don't know about the break out factor over pro-longed use (I find MAC face products have a tendancy to do that do to being such heavy coverage), but as of now I'm loving it. I've used MANY different face products from different lines and find this is in a league of its own! MAC has a pretty good return policy so I would definitely recommend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mayapapaya

I received a sample of this, along with the Strobe Cream at a local MAC counter. I've been battling a constant breakout on my chin for several months now, and the last thing that I would need is a foundation or a moisturizer that would aggravate it. I purchased the Hyper Real foundation recently, and while it gave me a great glow, it did not provide enough coverage for my acne, therefore I chose to step up to a full coverage SFF, and the Strobe Cream for a healthy glow. Using the SC under the SFF delivers a wonderful base, and makes my foundation last the entire day, and the SFF is absolutely amazing for blendability and buildability. My breakout is covered, and despite the SFF's claim to deliver a matte finish, it actually gives off a nice, natural look, without a sign of cakyness. I am very impressed, and I will definitely purchase both after I finish using the samples.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok.. I'm not really sure about this product. I have worn it for about a week, and granted, the coverage is excellent. It keeps your skin looking matte for half the day, which is better than any other foundation I have found. But, I have noticed I am starting to get blackheads in my cheeks.. Which is a NEVER. I am also breaking out on my forehead, which is a NEVER! So, I am wondering if this is what is causing it.. I haven't switched anything but the makeup.. So, I'm not sure? I washed my face yesterday, and this morning, and have been totally makeup free for 2 days.. My skin looks 100 percent better. So, if you are very oily and acne prone, I wouldn't recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

i normally use MAC Studio Fix, but have never found quite the perfect shade. i tend to go with either NW20 or N4, and both work rather well. i'm fair and despite having pinkish undertones, i look best in warm colors.

anyway. i tried samples of Studio Fix Fluid in both NW15 and NC15, since the drydown is darker than the liquid first appears. i could easily wear either shade, but after applying both in bright but diffused (through a ricepaper windowshade) natural light, i think the NC15 is the better choice. it truly blends into my skin more and seems to brighten my complexion. the NW15 seems to "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it.

all that said, i'm still undecided about whether i personally will continue to use this product. it IS a fantastic product -- the coverage is full yet lightweight and not cakey, the finish is smooth, flawless and matte without being chalky or masklike, and it lasts forever without turning or fading.

however, i prefer a sheerer coverage and slightly dewier finish on my own skin. now that i have finally overcome adult acne and have regained the almost-perfect skin of my teens, i don't NEED the coverage level that Studio Fix Fluid provides. i have applied it using a 190 foundation brush heavily dampened with Fix+ to "sheer out" the coverage, but i still think i prefer my Select Tint SPF, Select Moisturecover concealer, and a dusting of regular Studio Fix (using a fluffy powder brush rather than the sponge applicator).

all in all, i HIGHLY recommend this product for those who need/want fuller coverage but prefer a liquid rather than a powder foundation (especially those with dry skin), but i am not sure if i'll be using it myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by daylami

I'm always on the lookout for something that will cover well and be less of a pain in the buns than my Laura Mercier, so even though my skin's pretty dry I picked up a bottle of this in NW15. It was a tough call between NC and NW - the MAs had a split vote and I was disappointed that the N shades didn't get fluid counterparts. (Normally I wear N3 -->N5, depending on the season.) I swiped both on the back of my hand and fearing NC was too golden, I went with the other one...but they both looked suspiciously dark.

Next day I put it on with the 190 brush and wore it to work...I moisturised like hell and didn't find it was too chalky or matte. The finish is very nice, and feels great on the skin. Still, the color bothered me - it wasn't honkin' orange and probably nobody else noticed, but I notice and that's enough. Even so, it stayed on *perfectly* and the pigment was concentrated enough that I could still see the swipes on my hand from the day before, after a shower and many hand washings. I'll hold onto this for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by monkey_mama19

Love it love it love it!! When the MA recommended studio fix fluid to me I was very skeptical as I heard that MAC foundations can break u out & while I am a bigtime fan of their eye prdts I wasn't convinced about their face prdts. Instead of ard selling, my MA did a makeover on me with my usual Chanel Whitening foundation on the right side of my face & the MAC SSF on the left side. OMG!!! I have never in my life seen my face look so smooth & soft (like a pic has been airbrushed) & the best thing was my face was actually softly glowing!!!!! I have been trying out foundations with whitening prdts & shimmer inside just to get this glow & it came in SSF which ironically is a matte finish foundation. My MA gave me a sample enough for 1 week to try at home & I went & bought the full size today! THUMBS UP!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by stumblina1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was going to wait a full week just to make sure this didn't cause any breakouts, but on day 3 it still hasn't caused any problems. I have dry skin that will become normal with the warm weather approaching, and this may reach HG status for the warmer months. Very nice. I was wearing Px's Virtual Skin in Ecru & thought that was the grail, but the color match here is even better (NC15). It lasts all day & doesn't look cakey on the drier areas (I don't use powder). I may cut it with liquid bronzer when I start self-tanning more or I may break down and buy a darker shade. Definite keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

Seriously orange. I am an NC15 usually and the lightest shade of this was not in line with MAC's usually great color selection. It looked like an orange mask. Right back to the store.