September 22, 2014 | 1927 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

i normally use MAC Studio Fix, but have never found quite the perfect shade. i tend to go with either NW20 or N4, and both work rather well. i'm fair and despite having pinkish undertones, i look best in warm colors.

anyway. i tried samples of Studio Fix Fluid in both NW15 and NC15, since the drydown is darker than the liquid first appears. i could easily wear either shade, but after applying both in bright but diffused (through a ricepaper windowshade) natural light, i think the NC15 is the better choice. it truly blends into my skin more and seems to brighten my complexion. the NW15 seems to "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it.

all that said, i'm still undecided about whether i personally will continue to use this product. it IS a fantastic product -- the coverage is full yet lightweight and not cakey, the finish is smooth, flawless and matte without being chalky or masklike, and it lasts forever without turning or fading.

however, i prefer a sheerer coverage and slightly dewier finish on my own skin. now that i have finally overcome adult acne and have regained the almost-perfect skin of my teens, i don't NEED the coverage level that Studio Fix Fluid provides. i have applied it using a 190 foundation brush heavily dampened with Fix+ to "sheer out" the coverage, but i still think i prefer my Select Tint SPF, Select Moisturecover concealer, and a dusting of regular Studio Fix (using a fluffy powder brush rather than the sponge applicator).

all in all, i HIGHLY recommend this product for those who need/want fuller coverage but prefer a liquid rather than a powder foundation (especially those with dry skin), but i am not sure if i'll be using it myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by daylami

I'm always on the lookout for something that will cover well and be less of a pain in the buns than my Laura Mercier, so even though my skin's pretty dry I picked up a bottle of this in NW15. It was a tough call between NC and NW - the MAs had a split vote and I was disappointed that the N shades didn't get fluid counterparts. (Normally I wear N3 -->N5, depending on the season.) I swiped both on the back of my hand and fearing NC was too golden, I went with the other one...but they both looked suspiciously dark.

Next day I put it on with the 190 brush and wore it to work...I moisturised like hell and didn't find it was too chalky or matte. The finish is very nice, and feels great on the skin. Still, the color bothered me - it wasn't honkin' orange and probably nobody else noticed, but I notice and that's enough. Even so, it stayed on *perfectly* and the pigment was concentrated enough that I could still see the swipes on my hand from the day before, after a shower and many hand washings. I'll hold onto this for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by monkey_mama19

Love it love it love it!! When the MA recommended studio fix fluid to me I was very skeptical as I heard that MAC foundations can break u out & while I am a bigtime fan of their eye prdts I wasn't convinced about their face prdts. Instead of ard selling, my MA did a makeover on me with my usual Chanel Whitening foundation on the right side of my face & the MAC SSF on the left side. OMG!!! I have never in my life seen my face look so smooth & soft (like a pic has been airbrushed) & the best thing was my face was actually softly glowing!!!!! I have been trying out foundations with whitening prdts & shimmer inside just to get this glow & it came in SSF which ironically is a matte finish foundation. My MA gave me a sample enough for 1 week to try at home & I went & bought the full size today! THUMBS UP!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by stumblina1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was going to wait a full week just to make sure this didn't cause any breakouts, but on day 3 it still hasn't caused any problems. I have dry skin that will become normal with the warm weather approaching, and this may reach HG status for the warmer months. Very nice. I was wearing Px's Virtual Skin in Ecru & thought that was the grail, but the color match here is even better (NC15). It lasts all day & doesn't look cakey on the drier areas (I don't use powder). I may cut it with liquid bronzer when I start self-tanning more or I may break down and buy a darker shade. Definite keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

Seriously orange. I am an NC15 usually and the lightest shade of this was not in line with MAC's usually great color selection. It looked like an orange mask. Right back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by tonicologne

Finally, a foundation that actually covers my rosacea without that heavy, mask-y look. I've tried many foundations, low and high-end, and wasn't able to find good coverage and a matte finish. I knew my search was over when the make-up artist applied Studio Fix Fluid. He used a brush and within seconds, my skin looked even and polished. He tried my usual NC 30 as well as NC 25 and decided he liked the NC 25's coverage better. I've been applying it with a foundation brush and only need a little to do my entire face. If you use too much, it tends to settle into pores and make you look as if you're wearing too much pressed powder.

I took off a point for packaging. Come on MAC, you know this should have been in a pump bottle! I paid the extra three bucks because I can't stand regular bottles. Ick! Ladies, give this one a try (especially if you have rosacea, oily or combination skin.) So far, I've had no breakouts from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ssands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. Thank you. This is the foundation that I have been looking for! I love my studio fix but was looking for a liquid foundation, when I found out about this. It has absolutely amazing coverage, as a few others have mentioned. It's fabulous coverage that doesn't FEEL like a ton of makeup on your face. No mask. I am so happy! I have finally found it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

I'm REALLY disappointed that Studio Fix Fluid runs so dark. It's horrible! As a PPP, the lightest shade (NW15) is a perfect match for me in Studio Fix Powder and all the concealers, so I don't understand why MAC is making Studio Fix Fluid darker. I was counting on this oil-free foundation to be my new favorite. But I'm just going to tell myself that I would have hated it had it matched well, since I'm not really a fan of super-matte finishes, and based on the other reviews it's extremely matte. Hope this review helps some of my fellow PPP's.

Note: I did not cake on this foundation. A MAC MA applied this very sparingly on me with a foundation brush. Even she said the shades are running really dark in this formula. I want to warn anyone who is pale enough to wear NW15 like myself that Studio Fix Fluid will be too dark in that shade. And NC15 won't work either, because it's too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really did live up to all the hype...SFF is an amazing foundation, my new HG. Gives AMAZING coverage, smooth..not mask like at all. Looks amazing..i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbelleeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my HG foundation. I bought it 2 days ago, in NC15 and I absolutely LOVE it. I wear it with studio finish concealer for blemishes in nw20 and select cover up concealer on undereyes in nc20.
I wear it for 12 hours and it stays put, which is excellent for me as most foundations I have usually vanished within about 6 hours tops :)
P.S. My new bf says my skin looks great! lol :D
Definite must have! continued >>