Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/12/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite foundation. I'm a NC20 to a light NC25, and I combine Buff and Sand Beige for the perfect shade. This applies best on moisturized skin. I find when my skin is dry is kind of drags and applies really patchy, because of the heavy coverage. I apply this with my fingers. I've tried using a 190 and a skunk brush, but the coverage is much too heavy for me and I prefer the sheerer application with my fingers. This definitely has medium/full coverage and is really good for covering any redness. This foundation definitely runs yellow toned. Lasts all day, seriously.

on 11/10/2010 11:22:00 PM

I bought this in Buff. It did not match me and neither did the lighter shade, it does have nice coverage but none that match me. Also it has this horrible smell like I put paint on my face. I'm defintely throwing this out!

on 11/10/2010 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My go-to drug store brand of foundation. Very reliable and my skin looks great when I use it. Perfect when you want to look polished without looking overdone. For reference, I'm MAC NC 50, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Rich Cocoa, Chanel in Hazelnut. I buy Revlon colorstay in Caramel in Combo/Oily formula-- a little on the lighter side but great with the yellow undertones of my dark skin. Not sure what setting powder I should use with it. Would appreciate any ideas others may have...

on 11/9/2010 9:06:00 PM

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day without having to blot! The only downsides are the shades and the packaging. I'm an NC25 and am using Golden Beige. It is a little neutral for me since I have yellow undertones, but it's the closest match I could find. I don't think it's really noticeable. I also wish the bottle had a pump, but that's not such a big deal to me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this due to the quality of the product and the reasonable price.

on 11/9/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this foundation, it stays on all day, is a little dark in the wintertime for me, might need to switch up my shade for the season. i find i get the best results when using a medium- large foundation brush and applying in spots, and spreading the color away from my face. Topped, with revlon photoready powder my skin looks flawless

on 11/9/2010 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the only foundation I'll ever use again. I've tried almost all of them and nothing else stays put all day while looking so natural. I wear gobs of black eyeliner so I like to look as if I'm not wearing any other make-up at all. I've had people tell me I have suck great skin and am lucky I don't need foundation, when in fact I AM wearing it. I don't wear the Colorstay pressed powder with it because that looks cakey and changes everything. Instead I use either MAC powder in the winter and Urban Decay De-Slick in the summer. I do think if you look like you're wearing face make-up it defeats the purpose.

I really like this foundation - wish it had a pump though! I waste soo much foundation because it all comes gushing out of the container and I only need the tiniest amount.

I have super dry skin so this does flake a little, particularly on my nose, but other than that I'm really happy. I find it is best applied with a stippling brush - better coverage and less product required.

EDIT: Not a big fan anymore, no matter how I apply it, it always looks cakey. Its an ok foundation, but I've since found better

on 11/8/2010 12:01:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin and this is the only foundation I've found that lasts all day. It is a little difficult to blend with your fingers, but I use a damp sponge to apply it and it applys very well with that. My skin is also acne prone, and a lot of foundation break me out, but this one didn't. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a pump.

I don't understand the hype over this. I tried it and it's way to thick and so hard to blend. It dries right away and it's not cheap for a drugstore foundation. I would not recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

NOT Worth it at all!!

there's so much hype over this foundation so I decided to try it out. It's really not what it's cracked up to be.
The colors don't have enough yellow tone to any of them, so you end up turning pink from the foundation, which is the leading way for of course, orange.

It dried my skin out like crazy and looked cakey no matted how I applied it or how much I used.

Not worth the money. Not a very good foundation.