Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 9/7/2008 9:05:00 PM

Nice drugstore mascara. I don't notice any smell and it stands up to sports with no raccoon eyes. Not a super lengthening or thickening product for me, but certainly does the job of more expensive brands. Hard to find in drug stores, though. If you can grab a tube, try it - I'm glad that I did.

on 9/7/2008 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Um, YAY. I've been on a long search for a volumizing mascara and this is the first one that hasn't disappointed me. I'll have to comb out an occasional clump, but it's a wee price to pay for mascara that does what it promises. Oh, and that wonky scent faded after about five minutes for me.

It's great if you squish off excess mascara on a piece of paper and then scoop the mascara back in the tube (if you want to save it, or make it last longer).

If i apply it straight out of the tube, it looks disgusting and clumpy...and just gross. Basically, if you know how to apply it, it's great!

This stuff smells like dandelions ..
The wand is very big & the formula's pretty runny/goopy.
Kinda ok i guess.

on 9/7/2008 3:18:00 PM

I love this mascara! Maybe it's because I've been using Maybelline Great Lash and this is SUCH a vast improvement from that ---- but I am truly pleased with this mascara. I love the fat bristled brush -- it only takes a few swoops of it over the lashes to get a decent amount of coverage. It doesn't flake or smudge and isn't too wet -- I do not like a wet mascara (part of my dislike w/ the Great Lash), plus it holds a curl. It separates and spreads the lashes, no clumping or spidery-ness, for a great wide-eyed look. It does have a rose-like smell, and though I can see how it would be annoying to those who are sensitive to fragrant products, this smell doesn't bother me, though later throughout the day I do get an occasional whiff of it. I just walked out and my husband said, "enough eye makeup!" -- and since I only have on one coat of this I thought, "perfect, just what I'm going for. Need to review it." Paid about $5.50 for it at Kroger grocery.

on 9/7/2008 2:46:00 PM

A few days ago I saw my friend pull this mascara out of her makeup bag and wow...it made her lashes look insanely full and lush. I immediately looked up reviews here on MUA like always, and saw mostly glowing reviews. I have tried virtually every mascara on the market with my top faves being Mac Plushlash, Maybelline Full n Soft, and Benefit Bad Gal. The Colossal is a superior mascara which made my lashes look like falsies. LOVE! Plus, how can you not adore the canary yellow and bright purple packaging? Go buy now!

EDIT: After using this for a few weeks, my lashes became brittle and seemed really sparse. Almost like the chemicals in this formulation made my eyelashes fall out. Boo.

on 9/7/2008 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype behind this mascara. The brush is too sparse for my liking, and the formula is simultaneously thin and gloppy. It gave me terrible, spider leg lashes - gross! And, to add insult to injury, Maybelline added some kind of bizarre scent to this mascara. I don't know about you all, but I don't think I want perfume near my eyes. Especially nasty perfume.

on 9/7/2008 12:00:00 PM

This is seriously the best mascara I've ever used. I was considering dropping $20 on Too Faced Lash Injection again but saw the fun neon yellow tube and thought I'd give this a try. It's amazing! I got this awesome fake lashes look with just 2 or 3 coats. The only caveat, I guess, is also what I like the best about it...it just makes your lashes SO long...so putting it on your bottom lashes might look weird, I sometimes use a different mascara for the bottom ones.

BUY THIS! It's incredible.

on 9/7/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just when I thought I had found my perfect mascaras (CG Lash Blast by day; Too Faced Lash Injection for night), something new comes along that will probably replace both in my m/u bag. One coat of Collossal Volum' gives great length, eye-popping volume, and lasts all day. Add a 2nd or 3rd coat, and you have the drama of lush, thick, dramatic lashes that won't clump, flake or smudge. All for $6! I haven't had only one tube of mascara in my bad since I was 12. I always needed one for length, one for volume, one for day, one for night, etc. I finally found one that can do everything!

on 9/6/2008 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down. Best. Mascara. Ever.