September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

This mascara was just okay for me. I am addicted to Diorshow but hate the $20 price tag. I read the reviews on here and figured for $6 I'd give it a try. It definitely made my lashes look thicker and longer vs. with out mascara but I really like my lashes to stand out and pop and this didn't do the trick. It was too subtle for my taste and I won't repurchase. UPDATE: After a couple more weeks of use this mascara has grown on me! It is actually much more buildable then I originally thought and doesn't flake off or clump with multiple applications. Will repurchase after all!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by FAUchick727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this mascara on my last shopping venture for make up two months ago. I have great eye lashes and needed bigger brushes to get a lot of mascara on for a more dramatic look. This looked like it would do the trick. It certainly added a lot of mascara to the lashes but was messy and the actually mascara was really messy and got all over me and I am an expert at putting mascara on. I never throw make up away ever but this product really just upset me because it was all over the place and did not go one smooth. Great for clubbing because it leaves tons of black mascara on so your eyes pop due to the definition of the mascara but it was disappointing for me on a daily basis; Will not buy again, on to find something new...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cher13

This is a nice mascara which gives me a little volume, but works little more in the length department for my very short, yet a slightly curvey lashes. However, after three coats, my eyelashes are much more noticable and prettier. I recommend combing through your lashes after each coat to ensure the lessoning of clumping. I use an old mascara wand and it works just fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by crazyash

My worst comment on this, is the smell. It smells exactly like nasal spray & I hate the smell! I also dislike the brush, it is too thick, and gets way too much mascara on it. The mascara itself is pretty good though, I would just give it a new brush & smell...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by laurabriggs

This is the best mascara I've used out of the more inexpensive drugstore brands. I usually use Clinique High Impact Mascara (which is my ultimate fave) but this Maybelline mascara honestly gives me the same (or VERY similar results) at half the cost. It really lengthens, volumizes and defines without clumping and you can layer it for a more dramatic look. My only complaint is the smell... almost medicinal... but it goes away as soon as the mascara is dry. Don't really like the yellow packaging either, but it definately makes the product stand out (which it certainly deserves to!!)
Also doesn't flake AT ALL and washes off easily with my cleanser and water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I'm a huge Maybelline mascara fan and have used various generations of Volume Express mascara line for years. This recent addition to the Volume Express family was a disappointment for me. The kiss of death for any mascara is whether it holds a curl and this did not. So, I won't be repurchasing it. Having said all that, this is a pretty good mascara otherwise. It goes on easy, stays put and plumps up my less-than-thick lashes. I got it in Glam Black and it looked like a true black.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Vac513

My eyelashes are naturally pretty long, and all this did was clump them together. I was hoping for some volume, but I get much better volume from Lash Blast... And a whole lot less clumping with LB, too! Plus, the rose stench is especially strong to me, and I'm not even all that sensitive to makeup smells. I wouldn't buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chbegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I've tried in a long time. This does for me what I hoped that CG Lash Exact, Volume Exact, and Lash Blast would do for me (and failed miserably at). This stuff doesn't budge unless it gets wet, and it lasts through a 12 hour shift and an intense workout. I have fairly long lashes to start with, but if I curl them and then apply this mascara, it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! One lippie off because of the scent (very strong rose scent that eventually fades but not completely) and because it tends to be a bit clumpy going on. Nothing that a few swipes with an eyelash comb can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW- I didn't expect to love the Colossal this much. My lashes are very thin and short, but one of my eye's eyelashes is significantly shorter than the other's, and it's hard to find a mascara that will make them look even. The Colossal is the only one I've tried that actually does this - it lengthens and volumizes very well. I did notice a little bit of clumping, though - but nothing a lash comb couldn't fix!
As far as the rose scent, it does have a pretty strong scent when you first apply it, but after 30 seconds or so, I couldn't even detect it at all.
The Colossal didn't flake or smudge on me at all, either - which is good.

Overall, I think this mascara is AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

This is actually approaching HG status fast for me. The smell doesn't bother me, I got classic black and I'm definitely happy with it. It is amazing for length and separation. No clumping for me, when it dries its not flaky, still soft and pliable. Can't wait to try it with Lashblast which is my HG for volume, doubles the width of my lashes, and this doubles the height! Hope they work well together!