April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by nikki415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry but this masacara is a disaster! I don't mind the smell or packaging but the formula is a clumpy mess. You must wipe the brush with a tissue before you use it. Also, it does not add any volume to my lashes at all! I was hoping that the fat bristles would thicken my lashes but that it not the case. I think Lash Blast is way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

*UPDATE*
So I find myself reaching for this mascara A LOT more often out of all the others I have. The trick is in the application. This is NOT the mascara you want to load on and keep reapplying over and over. When they say 1 coat is enough, that's exactly how it should be applied. The mascara dries VERY quickly, so more than 1 coat will not work well. It gives my lashes so much oomph! Covers every tiny hair. The secret is in doing one light coat. I'd recommend this for ladies who have naturally long lashes and are looking for some extra volume. This mascara will add length too!

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. First off, if you are expecting extreme volume or dramatic lashes, this is NOT for you.

I'd consider this mascara great for days you want a natural look. My lashes are on the longer side, and I do like that the brush picks up on a all of the small hairs, it really works through all of them. HOWEVER, the mascara formula itself will give a very natural appearance to the lashes.

NOT a good choice for a dramatic look at all, but I like using this for work or daytime, since I HATE cleaning heavy mascara up at the end of the day. This mascara washes off very easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've recently used diorshow, hypnose, lash blast and supershock-with diorshow being my favorite of all.
Colossal glam black is most comparable to diorshow black out. In fact, they give identical results. Colossal defines, gives a lot of volume in just one coat, lengthens and is a nice jet black. I don't like to use more than 2 coats though, because it can start to look really chunky and messy.
The smell is odd, but it doesn't bother me because it goes away right after I apply it.
Overall, I really like this mascara, I like the bright crazy packaging, it washes off nicely, considerably cheap.
It can be a bit messy if you don't take your time applying it.I find it to be fairly wet, which means it easily smudges if not careful. Thats why I took off a lippie.
I'm not sure if I will repurchase because there are still so many mascaras I want to try!
Pic of colossal glam black (2 coats) on right eye, compared to diorshow black out (2 coats) on left eye:
UPDATE:Taking off a lippie because since I've used it for a few weeks it has thickened and become really goopy and leaves a real clumpy mess on my lashes I always have to fix. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by munecota

I read all the reviews on this product and I had to try it. I wore it over my Shiseido mascara base and I did not like it at all. It made my lashes look straight and spiky. I've been using Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof mascara and although I really like it I thought I'd give this a try, thinking this mascara would give me better results! Nope. I will stay with my Full N Soft mascara for now. This one is going back to the store later today.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jess166

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this PRODUCT ! from the packaging to the product I just love it !
I usually have a problem finding mascara's that lengthing and give my lashes volume and this worked, its says that it gives you 9x volume in one use and its soo true. I had no clumps what so ever and this shocked me because with every mascara i have used in the past i have had clumps with it. My old favorite was lastblast but now this has beating lashblast by a mile! i would DEFINATELY recommend. The only bad thing about this product is the smell

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by testamerluzzo

I got this in glam black and I had high hopes, but it did nothing for my lashes. It didn't make them look longer or fuller and the smell was strange. The only plus side was that it didn't clump. But with a name like colossal I was expecting a lot more. I will be sticking to lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mikodoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara. It's the only brand I buy. I really liked the Volum' Express Turbo, so I bought this one as soon as it came out. The packaging is sort of ugly, being bright yellow but it's not like I'll be putting it on display. It really does make lashes huge with the first coat without clumping. Putting on a second coat however makes them clumpy, but the first coat is so huge that I don't need a second one. It doesn't have a natural look, but if you're wearing something called "the COLOSSAL" I don't think you should be expecting it to look that natural. I'm torn between one coat of this or using 2 coats of the Volum' Express Turbo. I would definitely recommend using this if you want huge full lashes in one coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think this is one of my favorite mascaras... it makes my lashes look full and long and thats what i love! i use this along with MAC plush lash and the outcome is wondeful <33 buy it if u want full lashes with no clump and dont mind the nasty smell lol

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kooksfan

i've had this for two weeks now and it's not working like it was on the first day. At first this was 10x better than lashblast because it gave me a TON of volume and length and i liked the packaging. it was THE best mascara i had ever used and i was in lurrveee. But..no more. =,[

pros (during the 1st week of use):

-AMAZING volume + length
-cute packaging
-great brush

cons:
-smelled like dead roses
-showers of black flakes on my cheeks by the end of the day
-gray tint (color isn't as intense as lashblast)

pros: (now--2 weeks later)

-packaging still is cute
-it's inexpensive

cons:

-still REEKS (the smell goes away after 30 minutes or so)
-gives me spider eyes
-no longer creates full lashes
-skinny, ugly, clumpy lashes ( i like the way my naked lashes look 49503x more than how it looks now with the colossal)
- clumps easily
-the formula dries quickly

i haven't changed application technique or how many coats i put on. I will be shipping this to Maybelline tomorrow (they pay for postage) and will be receiving a coupon in the mail for any other maybelline products.
This was fun at first and performed like magic but unless you are wasteful and are willing to buy a new tube of mascara every other week i would not recommend this.

back to trusty old Lashblast for me =D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by productwhore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dig this mascara! I personally like the yellow pakaging because it is easy for me to find in my sea of cosmetics and reminds me of the 80's which I LOVE! Who cares about smell of mascara (reminicent of plastic roses)? It goes on your eyes! It creates soft fullness and adds a lot of length! I have little to no flaking unlike orignal Turbo Boost. I really to LOVE this mascara and actually like it better than my Dior Show (I never thought I would say that, but it's true!). Please RUN to grab a tube and try it!!!