November 26, 2014 | 1641 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by trixiebee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The neverending foundation search continues. Let's see - some background perhaps. I'm fairly pale with combo-oily acne prone rosacea skin. The MAC SA first matched me to NW20, which I knew was going to be too dark. She was matching the redness from my rosacea, not the underlying skin. I used it for a couple of days before I had a chance to return it. I discovered that it applied best over my Clinique Instant Pore Perfector using a brush. It gave pretty good medium coverage that was very buildable over my cheeks and nose. When I received the NW15, I thought I had found my perfect match, but once again, no. Too dark and too peachy. NC15 was too yellow. The coverage is good, it applies and blemds easily, and lasts relatively well throught the day with minimal touch ups. They just need more pale colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sushiflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one amazing foundation! It's on the creamy side, so I can understand why it might not be for everyone with overly sensative skin, but it has awesome coverage and the colors are nearly exact. The MA knew exactly what my color would be as soon as she saw me, and as always, she was right. The texture is very soft, and once dried, it's flawless to the touch and sight. I have redness on my cheeks which disappeared after applying, and when I wear this, I don't even feel like I have makeup on my face. If you aren't a fan of other MAC foundations, this is the one to try. Not overly heavy, and does not make you look too "made up"! Love it, will definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mizblondie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great coverage. I found the shading to be a bit orangy, but workable. The major problem was the fact that I broke out AWFULLY on day 3 of wear. It was a seriously hive-like awful breakout that I'm still recovering from. I do NOT have acne. This will be my last MAC foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by cuntishness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am an nc15 and this color was great on me. i know a lot of people having been fiding that it runs dark, so definitely get a sample first but it matches me perfectly. i haven't used liquid foundation before because of the lack of color match, the change of color throughout the day and the weird cake settling effect i saw on others, so i was very skeptical. but i have an uneven skin toneand wanted something that would bring my entire face to a similar neutral color without making me look like i was wearing a mask.

the finish is between a matte and a dewier look, very natural. the coverage is buildable and i find that unless sleep has been very illusive, i don't need to use my studio finish concealer under my eyes.

i've been using the product for 2 weeks with no adverse skin effects. i have normal to dry skin with minimal breakouts. and it feels good to the touch while on.

a little goes a long way with this product and i love that. a pump would be better for packaging but i'll live.

if i ever catch wind of a discontinue with this product i'll be stocking up like a squirrel for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutLips

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! I was previously using the SF powder foundation, but I found it to look a bit too matte and powdery looking. But when I found out that a liquid version came out, I was so excited! I like to apply it with the foundation brush, and I also use it as my under-eye concealer. That's what I love about this, it's got medium coverage that's buildable and looks natural at the same time. Finish with a light dusting of Blot powder (I just used the pressed version but apply it with a big powder brush) and I'm set for the day! And the best thing: it doesn't feel heavy or cakey, but almost like nothing on your skin!!! Oh, and the spf is definitely an added bonus. This is MAC's best invention ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Jaimesf

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product with great staying power. Color stays true...I have never been a MAC foundation fan but I do like this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

I ran and bought this foundation because of the wonderful reviews here and I am very obsessed about foundations ( I have tried/used about 40 foundations during the past 2 years). However, I should have know that after trying every MAC foundations (seriously, I have tried all of them except the full coverage foundation), I have never been impressed. (except the primer Prep & Prime...that's my HG) Not that they are all terrible but they are average and comparable to drugstores foundations. Now studio fix fluid, the texture feels silky but to be honest I look better when I don't wear this foundation! It accentuated every little flakies and dry patches that are not visible before I put on the foundation! (even when I moisturise so much) If I look at a few small areas that were without any dry spots, I actually like the finish, not too matte just a clean looking face. I also didn't get excellent coverage like everybody else is saying, the maximum I got was medium. I think that this foundation will be good for anybody that doesn't have any dry spots at all. In this price range, I can buy something of a better quality. Therefore, to me it's only an average foundation that's only good for certain group of people and definitely not a WOW to me. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 7:12:00 AM More reviews by missglamourette

This is my HG foundation. It just came out in Australia. YAY.
It offer fantastic coverage with a semi-matte finish. Glides on perfectly.
It doesn't feel heavy and blends in with my skin.
You must get colour matched for this because it tends to be on the darker side. I'm NW20 but got NW15.
I just wish it come with a pump on the bottle.
Excellent price $AU48
Will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Jaimesf

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for the past week and love it. It has great coverage and lasts all day which has been a real problem for me with other foundations. Color stays true. I have never been a MAC foundation fan until I tried this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2006 8:27:00 AM More reviews by smirkums

I'm a MAC-foundation newbie.

I gave this 1 star because the coverage is great.

On the flip-side, I didn't give it the remaining stars because:

1) It broke me out starting the day after I first tried it, and

2) It felt mask-like, even though I only needed a tiny bit to cover my face -- smiling felt stiff.

I was really hoping I had found a nice foundation but it sadly ruined my skin. It was just starting to clear up, too.