July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

I'm REALLY disappointed that Studio Fix Fluid runs so dark. It's horrible! As a PPP, the lightest shade (NW15) is a perfect match for me in Studio Fix Powder and all the concealers, so I don't understand why MAC is making Studio Fix Fluid darker. I was counting on this oil-free foundation to be my new favorite. But I'm just going to tell myself that I would have hated it had it matched well, since I'm not really a fan of super-matte finishes, and based on the other reviews it's extremely matte. Hope this review helps some of my fellow PPP's.

Note: I did not cake on this foundation. A MAC MA applied this very sparingly on me with a foundation brush. Even she said the shades are running really dark in this formula. I want to warn anyone who is pale enough to wear NW15 like myself that Studio Fix Fluid will be too dark in that shade. And NC15 won't work either, because it's too yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really did live up to all the hype...SFF is an amazing foundation, my new HG. Gives AMAZING coverage, smooth..not mask like at all. Looks amazing..i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbelleeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is now my HG foundation. I bought it 2 days ago, in NC15 and I absolutely LOVE it. I wear it with studio finish concealer for blemishes in nw20 and select cover up concealer on undereyes in nc20.
I wear it for 12 hours and it stays put, which is excellent for me as most foundations I have usually vanished within about 6 hours tops :)
P.S. My new bf says my skin looks great! lol :D
Definite must have! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by holliedavis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely oily skin with large pores, and I have struggled for years to find a smooth coverge that won't slide off of my face. In the past I used Studio Fix Powder in NC40, but I found that when I tried to build coverge for problem areas (breakouts)my face would appear cakey and chalky. I have used MAC Select SPF fluid foundation in the poast, but it is so thin and it does not dry to a matte flawless finish like the Studio Fix Fluid. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation! I apply moisturizer, followed with Estee Lauder Idealist skin refinisher. I use very little of Studio Fix Fluid in NC40, and my flawless coverage stays put all day. It also doesn't go "orange" or change color like so many other foundations as my face becomes oilier later in the day. AWESOME!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to like this but I find it a bit to masky and thick for my tastes.

I prefer something a bit more "glowy" and skin-like...I am partial to Armani LSF and Chanel's Pro Lumiere. I have combo-skin and this DOES hold the oilies at bay but it just seems to suck all the life out of my face and accentuate a few fine lines that I have.

Maybe in Summer this will be a better fit. I think it's a nice product but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Padmita

This is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. It is perfect for combination and oily skin because it is very mattifying without being too dry, it leaves a silky feeling on the skin. It has great staying power, and you hardly need powder over it. The coverage is medium to heavy and really buildable without getting too dark. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Librarian28

I have classic combination skin, and it's in good shape (I'm 54), but I have redness and some broken capillaries on my nose, cheeks, and chin. Nothing I've tried covers the redness for more than a few hours. I read the MAC foundation reviews here and thought I'd give one of them a try. When I went to the MAC web site, I wasn't sure which product would work best so I emailed them through their "Ask a makeup artist" feature. I mentioned that I had been using a Stila foundation in 50 Watts to give them a sense of what shade I wear. I heard back the next day, and the makeup person recommended Studio Fix Fluid in NW20. So I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom, and that is exactly what they recommended too. It even was the right shade. I love this foundation! I use it with the brush they recommended over a thin coat of Chanel Illuminating Makeup Base. I wasn't planning to buy the brush, but the MAC person showed me that it does make it easier to apply, and it does look better, in my opinion. The Studio Fix lasts all day, and my skin looks absolutely perfect! Finally!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely the best liquid foundation that I've ever used. My skin is the very definition of "combination" with a very oily t-zone and super dry patches on my cheeks, but this stuff works perfectly. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks and this covers them but DOESN'T clog them. I know a lot of people complain that Studio Fix (powder) made them break out but the fluid is wonderful and I'm pretty acne-prone and it has made my acne look BETTER. Crazy huh? Anyway this stuff is well worth the price and my only complaint is that it doesn't come in the same colors as the original Studio Fix (such as N's, C's,etc etc) so I had to buy NC20 and NW20 to get my perfect color, but oh well. I also suggest applying it with the 182 buffer brush that just came out with the Catherine Denevue collection because it really buffs out the foundation and leaves a flawless finish. Would def. buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Kara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful foundation....very long lasting, and while my oiliness does break through, it's not nearly as bad as my usual, Nars oil-free. I blot about 2x/day. I got NC30, which is perfect with my self-tanner, but I'm going to also get NC25 for when I'm a bit paler and also to mix with the NC30.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was excited when I heard this foundation was being released by MAC. As a big fan of the Studio Fix powder, I was eagerly awaiting a fluid counterpart, and the fact that it had SPF was attractive to me. (Although, the SA said that it protects against UVA/UVB rays, but the ingredients do not seem to correlate with this -- there is no avobenzone or titanium dioxide or any other ingredient that would indicated full spectrum protection. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

Anyway, that aside, I got the NC20, which is a pretty good match for my PPP/LLL skin, although I do notice that the drydown is a tad bit more yellow than my natural skintone is. I've used other MAC foundations in the past, and have never noticed than an NC was too yellow. I think some other girls had problems with colors as well, so this may be a consideration when you purchase. (ie. I wouldn't recommend purchasing online or sight-unseen.)

I apply this with my fingers because I'm too lazy to use a brush, but a foundation brush would probably yield a great finish, too. It has medium coverage, and I can build it without having it look cakey or thick. I didn't have to use concealer on my undereye circles when I used this foundation.

The texture is quite light-weight, almost moussey. Compared to Chanel's Pro-Lumiere, which gives the same level of coverage, the Studio Fix Fluid is lighter in texture and seems to blend a bit better into the skin.

The finish is a demi-matte, I would say. It's not full-on matte, like the effect you would get with a powder, but it definitely does not give a dewy finish like a tinted moisturizer would. It's quite polished looking, and I would think would be great for photographs.

As far as the lasting power is concerned, it's incredible! I've tried this with and without MAC's Prep + Prime Face, and either way, this stuff has good lasting power. I didn't have any oily breakthroughs on my nose (which I usually have with foundation.)

I did take off one lippie because the container is heavy (glass) and messy (need to buy a pump), and there is the SPF factor for me, but overall, I would repurchase if I ever ran out. (I use foundation quite sparingly, so I'm sure I'll have this stuff until it expires!)

EDITED 3.31.06: This stuff broke me out!!! I never get pimples, and this gave me clogged pores all over my T-Zone! I returned it today!
continued >>