September 19, 2014 | 1245 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by muurrrz

I currently am using their Select Tint and love it. However, I sometimes want that extra coverage. I got a sample and tried it today. It has great coverage, but it's too drying for my combination skin. It controlled my oil production really great. After 5 hours, my skin was still matte. I'll stick to my Select tint because I don't like a too matte finish. It'll be great for a more humid and oiler day in the summer. The bottle design is poorly made. It should come with the pump or make the pump cheaper.

Edit: 1.13.2008
I now apply this foundation with a wet sponge and it provides the sheer, even coverage I want! TM always end up fading on me half way through the day, but not this baby. I don't even need concealer after using this. No breakouts!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to hear that MAC came out with a liquid studio fix. I rushed out and tried it. Because of the mixed reviews I got a generous sample of it and the strobe cream they're pushing with it. I found it to be too mask like. In the store lighting it looks great. At home it looked awful - I was ashy and flaky. My chin looked so yucky. And it made my cheeks itch. Definetly get a sample before committing to the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by meifa

About me: NC30, Asian, yellow-toned tan skin. Fairly normal skin with minor breakouts now and again. In the past I've used Stila and Fresh, to name a few.

Generally: I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now, wearing it at least 5-6 days a week, including every single eight-hour work day. I love it. It goes on smoothly (I use a combination of the 190 brush and my fingers) and looks flawless.

Coverage: I've not found this foundation to be "over-concealing" or "mask-like." I think the key to loving this foundation is to have a good color match and a careful hand during application.

Wear and Tear: This foundation looks great all day! I live in South Florida; the climate is, obviously, extremely humid and warm. But, this foundation really has staying power. I've not had similar good results with other products.

Bottom Line: I'm tempted to call this my HG foundation, but I'll need to spend a bit more time with it before I do so. My only (minor) complaint is that the foundation doesn't come with a pump. You can buy one from MAC and I do recommend it. I need to get ahold of one myself, soon.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by curlyqmishee

It gives decent coverage and just melts into my skin. Over the course of the day it dried up a little and I could see little lines on my face where it settled into, but they might have been places I didn't blend enough. It feels light and not cakey. I had the studio stick but I'm going to return it and keep using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbella1

Glides on well, too mask looking for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in sample form from the MAC counter. Since the discontinuation of my favorite drugstore foundation - Revlon Colorstay (original) I have been on the lookout for something different. I had seen numerous raves about this new product on the board so I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. I am a PPP w/strong pink undertons, dark brown hair & hazel eyes. The SA gave me a sample of NW20 and it looks great. I found this foundation to apply smoothly and blends evenly. It makes my skin tone look fantasic. It was also long wearing and stayed matte throughout extended wear. I used my regular Coty Airspun powder over the top and only had to blot once during the day. (I have combo skin.) Overall, I am very pleased w/this foundation. I plan on test driving it a couple more times and then purchasing. At $24 I don't think it is a bad deal as I am very pleased w/the results on my face. I will update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This foundation is amazing. I haven't worn liquid foundations in over a year because I hated how they felt on my oily skin. The texture of this is thick for a liquid but dries down to a matte finish. I apply it with a brush for medium coverage and dust MAC Blot powder over it and that combination leaves me shine-free for a few hours.
I wear C3 in Studio Fix Powder and NC30 in SFF; it's a perfect match.
I'd definitely buy this again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by xnaomix

My skin tends to adapt itself negatively to foundation. The first month I use it, it's fine, and then it start to suck. So I wouldnt rebuy this item, but for right now it does an amazing job. We'll see...
I usually dont wear foundation, unless Im going out or something. Im a big fan or GET EVEN by Benefit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so surprised that a MAC foundation hasn't broken me out and manages not to oxidize on me (I've been using the loose blot to set it though). I have an oily t-zone, but with dry cheeks lately. I was using Chanel's DPF which has been my HG for the past couple years, but it's too expensive. I was looking for something that could keep me matte and this has been doing a pretty good job, although by mid-day I usually have to blot. The color the MA matched me with was NC30 which I find to be okay. It's a little on the peachy/yellow side and I was hoping for something a little more neutral toned, but it's fine. Overall, I'm happy with this foundation and the price is pretty reasonable too (about $24). It would be even better if it came with a pump though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pieulla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to a MAC counter shortly after this came out to pick up a few things and asked about this foundation. I was matched to a shade and although I never spend a ton on foundation I bought a bottle....am I glad I did! This foundation is so much better than what I had been using. It matches perfectly and blends in like a charm! I am going to try a few other MAC foundations, but I like this one alot!