April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by rebeccad89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is amazing. I have super oily skin and this foundation lasts all day without even trying. I may start getting a slightly oily tzone by the late afternoon, but all my makeup is still in place. This foundation will stay on your face until you choose to remove it.

It has really good coverage, which is great. If you like a lighter foundation, then this might not be for you. It is a thicker foundation, but it does not break me out.

The only problem with this is that it dries really quickly so you need to apply it in small sections of your face or else you won't have time to blend it in. But overall, I love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JackiePam21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has good coverage and I don't know if it really stays on all day but it's pretty good. I wear 240 medium beige Normal/dry skin. I've heard that the other formula for oily skin can be really dry and make your skin blotchy but not this formula. So far I have not had any break outs and I've been using for almost a year now.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is very, very full coverage and it's really thick. Definitely a night time foundation. I bought the dry skin version and it still makes my skin appear quite dry and crispy so i would recomment oily skinned people still give the dry formula a try.
    I gave this product a 2 on the packaging quality because it isn't a pump bottle, therefor you can't judge just how much your getting as easy as a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by littlemissspicy

I've been using this foundation for a year now and I've actually repurchased once. I use the one in Warm Golden (for the oily/combi skin) and it matches my skintone just nice! Great coverage too. It looks very natural and flawless eventhough I use my fingers to apply it. Doesn't give me breakouts or anything. And it lasts for the whole day. My skin just looks awesome when I wear it. Some actually commented that I have great skin (i.e. no blemishes etc), they obviously can't tell that I'm actually wearing foundation and that the zits are just hiding underneath it! (I only use foundation. No powder or concealer btw.) Definitely my HG foundation. I don't think I'll ever use another.

I think some people will find this product too thick and hard to blend. I always apply my day moisturizer before my foundation, so what I do is I start applying before the moisturizer gets absorbed completely. This way the liquid can glide on more smoothly and it will be easier to blend. I think it makes it less cakey and more dewy as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lofty

This is absolutely great for me. It stays on FOREVER. And this is a problem on its own as well; tough to get it off. But nothing works against my trusty extra virgin olive oil. Just gotta add more EVOO to get it off and I am done!

I have acne prone oily skin and it doesn't break me out. And my skin is less oily throughout the day.

The packaging is less than ideal but you just have to be careful pouring it out and it's fine. Definitely way better than my clarins and bobbibrown liquid foundations I have used. Not to mention, it's at half the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by aardvarkz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been resisting the urge to use this because I was pretty sure it would break me out. However, I wanted a fuller coverage & long lasting foundation for Halloween night for all the parties, etc. I couldn't find a good match for my skin. I'm pale with pretty neutral undertones. Ivory was too light/pink by itself and Buff too dark/yellow. However, if I mix Ivory and Buff together the color is perfect! Hooray! I applied with my fingers, and the finish was great. My skin looked awesome. I tend to break out from products pretty quickly and the next day I had 0 new breakouts, so that's a plus. Since the coverage is heavy I probably won't be using it everyday, but its a great foundation if you want to look flawless for an event. Definitely recommended :)
    ---------
    Thought I'd go ahead and update my review. I've been using this for a over a year now and still love it. Although I use Buff now and occasionally mix in Sand Beige to make it more of a match. Ivory ended up being too pink for me. It doesn't break me out, it has lasting awesome coverage, is widely available & affordable. Love this stuffff

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nnana

This is one of the better drugstore liquid foundations I've ever tried. It is inexpensive and long-lasting, although you do have to blend out fast fast FAST! as the consistency is pretty thick. It covers very well too. My only grouse is that the bottle is lacking a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Nautinik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this foundation! I had been on a hunt for a while for a foundation that would control my shine, cover my scars and blemishes and be inexpensive. After reading several reviews about the colorstay foundation, I figured why not?
    On the first day I used it I noticed a difference. The foundation covered so well. A lot better than a $50 foundation I had been using at the time. My face doesn't get as shiney as soon as before. I always use a translucent powder and I feel both products work real work together.
    The foundation has not made me break out and ive been using it for over three months now. I've recommended it to several friends who have fell in love with it as well.
    Give it shot!

I use Natural Tan 330 in combination/oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by xpuppyluvr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I have written a review on this product before, I've had a couple months to know everything about this foundation. This sucks megahard, even though I had initially given this 4 lippies.

Cons:
    - Transfers like no other! It gets ALL over my clothes, other people, and any other materials made of cloth.
    - Break outs!! Little bumbs were all over my face, my complexion become terrible, and i looked terrible even when wearing the foundation.
    - Thick and heavy, mask-like
    - Smells like sweet paint, very chemical-ly
    Pros:
    - Good coverage
    - Lasts all day
    - Controls oil really well

This is last foundation I'll use. If you want all of these pros, Boots No 7 Stay and Perfect will do the trick, and is hypoallergenic and has sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kenzierosaline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the foundation for you if you're done roaming. Take a blob of primer, smooth it all over your face, then apply this in dots to the areas that need it. Now blend.

Perfection.

Great coverage, lasts all day, great colour. I love this. I will return to it one day, once I am done with my reviewing, it is better than Estee Lauder, which was $80 and this was $35, go figure. I do not have a bad word to say about this, and the amazing range of colours that it comes in. Yay Revlon. :D