December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ikutsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is for the Combination/Oily Colorstay~

One of the BEST foundations I have ever used and I donít think I could stray away from it~! Iíve been using Colorstay for the past four years, and I still cannot find a significant fault with it, other than the fact that there is no pump, which is essentially the only thing missing from keeping this foundation from being a real winner and all rounder.

Iím in the shade Ivory, and although it is slightly too dark-ish for me, itís a pretty decent match. Packaging wise, like I said above about the pump, the bottle itself is pretty bulky, but I donít carry any MU with me for touch upís, (once itís on in the morning, itís not going on again) I donít have a problem with the glass bottle and itís chunky-ness.

I find that when Iím trying to get product out, maybe a little too much comes out, which turns out to be product wasted, as quite frankly, a little goes a long way with this stuff, well for myself anyway~! The smell, uh, itís got a smell, but what foundation doesnít, I donít notice it to be quite honest, and Iíve never had anyone say to me Ďyour face smells a little funkyí, so it canít be all bad!

Iíve found the best way to apply this is with my fingers, thanks to the suggestion of another reviewer. I did previously apply with a brush/damp sponge, but I found that I couldnít blend quick enough, or Iíd end up with brush marks and a patchy face! The trick to getting the flawless look with this foundation is blending with speed!

I pour a small amount onto clean palms, rub them together to warm the foundation up slightly, and just apply to my entire face and blend down my neck, just like I would with my moisturizer. I know that using the palms of the hands isnít exactly everyoneís cup Ďo tea, since there is the whole Ďyouíve got oils on your palmsí and stuff, but it doesnít bother me, as I know my palms are freshly washed, this method works so well for me because it takes seconds to apply with my hands, rather than minutes with a brush!

I always set with powder afterwards, as Iím very oily, and I feel awkward if I donít set any foundation! Iíd say that if you have dry skin and pick the wrong one up, go back and exchange, the Combo/oily one WILL show any dry skin, I usually get some around my chin in the winter, and boy does it show if you donít moisturize properly or enough!

A word of warning though, if you donít get this stuff off of your face properly, you are most likely going to break out. It does sink into your skin, but a proper clean after youíve removed will prevent. Iíve never really had a problem after I discovered that, so I always make sure my skin is extra clean after wearing this stuff~

Overall, Iíve been using this stuff for four years, and now that Iím a lot more experienced with make-up and I actually know what Iím doing, I really can appreciate this foundation. It covers all my acne marks, blemishes and even takes most of my dark circles away. If youíre considering in buying this foundation, donít hesitate, as itís been a miracle worker in helping me boost my confidence, as clichť as that may sound, but when you feel good and look good self esteem and confidence will grow~!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by musiclives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite foundation. I'm a NC20 to a light NC25, and I combine Buff and Sand Beige for the perfect shade. This applies best on moisturized skin. I find when my skin is dry is kind of drags and applies really patchy, because of the heavy coverage. I apply this with my fingers. I've tried using a 190 and a skunk brush, but the coverage is much too heavy for me and I prefer the sheerer application with my fingers. This definitely has medium/full coverage and is really good for covering any redness. This foundation definitely runs yellow toned. Lasts all day, seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MzIssa

I bought this in Buff. It did not match me and neither did the lighter shade, it does have nice coverage but none that match me. Also it has this horrible smell like I put paint on my face. I'm defintely throwing this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go-to drug store brand of foundation. Very reliable and my skin looks great when I use it. Perfect when you want to look polished without looking overdone. For reference, I'm MAC NC 50, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Rich Cocoa, Chanel in Hazelnut. I buy Revlon colorstay in Caramel in Combo/Oily formula-- a little on the lighter side but great with the yellow undertones of my dark skin. Not sure what setting powder I should use with it. Would appreciate any ideas others may have...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day without having to blot! The only downsides are the shades and the packaging. I'm an NC25 and am using Golden Beige. It is a little neutral for me since I have yellow undertones, but it's the closest match I could find. I don't think it's really noticeable. I also wish the bottle had a pump, but that's not such a big deal to me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this due to the quality of the product and the reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mshergs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it stays on all day, is a little dark in the wintertime for me, might need to switch up my shade for the season. i find i get the best results when using a medium- large foundation brush and applying in spots, and spreading the color away from my face. Topped, with revlon photoready powder my skin looks flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I'll ever use again. I've tried almost all of them and nothing else stays put all day while looking so natural. I wear gobs of black eyeliner so I like to look as if I'm not wearing any other make-up at all. I've had people tell me I have suck great skin and am lucky I don't need foundation, when in fact I AM wearing it. I don't wear the Colorstay pressed powder with it because that looks cakey and changes everything. Instead I use either MAC powder in the winter and Urban Decay De-Slick in the summer. I do think if you look like you're wearing face make-up it defeats the purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by londoncalling01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation - wish it had a pump though! I waste soo much foundation because it all comes gushing out of the container and I only need the tiniest amount.

I have super dry skin so this does flake a little, particularly on my nose, but other than that I'm really happy. I find it is best applied with a stippling brush - better coverage and less product required.

EDIT: Not a big fan anymore, no matter how I apply it, it always looks cakey. Its an ok foundation, but I've since found better

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin and this is the only foundation I've found that lasts all day. It is a little difficult to blend with your fingers, but I use a damp sponge to apply it and it applys very well with that. My skin is also acne prone, and a lot of foundation break me out, but this one didn't. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I don't understand the hype over this. I tried it and it's way to thick and so hard to blend. It dries right away and it's not cheap for a drugstore foundation. I would not recommend this!