Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/4/2008 8:44:00 PM

I think this mascara is just OK. It does give volume and hasn't clumped my lashes but it uncurls them which is really important for me. The rose smell hasn't really bothered me either and I love the container :) But after this tube I'm moving on to something new.

on 10/2/2008 7:30:00 AM

Only real downfall is the smell of this product, but after it dries it really isn't a problem. I use this with the primer that comes with the XXL mascara and the Colossal is perfect. No clumping, while lengthening and volumizing my lashes. I do, however, have rather long lashes that naturally curl upward, so I don't know how it would work for those with shorter, straight lashes. Also, I don't know how much I would like it without the primer, but with it, this stuff is AMAZING and I will definitely repurchase!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara! It lengthens & curls without clumping or flaking. Yes, it has a weird smell but who cares if it works so well? I'm a mascara snob & prefer lancome & L'Oreal Voluminous. Will buy again!

on 10/1/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

UGH this thing is just bad..it clumps and it does NOTHING to my lashes...GARBAGE!

on 10/1/2008 1:40:00 AM

I have to admit, I bought this mainly because of the cute bottle. However, it's not a bad mascara either. It's not exactly any different than any other Maybelline mascara, but if you don't have a lot of money to spend, I would definitely go for this one.

on 9/29/2008 9:10:00 PM

Very eye catching packaging! But to be honest, the reason I bought this is because it came in a 2 for 1 for under $6. The mascara itself is just ok. I was expecting a rubber brush like Lash Blast but this is just a normal mascara wand(though fuller than average). It wears ok. It does dry quickly and that can lead to clumps if you apply multiple coats. As for the scent, I think they were trying to copy Diorshow? It has a similar strong scent. I'll use these 2 tubes up but probably won't repurchase.

on 9/29/2008 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hated it. The brush holds gobs of it, so it's hard to apply multiple coats w/o clumping. (I love applying multiple coats.) This one's going in the trash. Guess this one's just not for me.

on 9/28/2008 10:48:00 PM

Yeah basically this mascara is shit. Very drying and clumpy. The forumla is crap and the wand isn't as good as lash blast or the chanel version. The wand is too bend and soft, therefore it doesn't work as well. Total crap, this is going in the garbage.

on 9/28/2008 9:27:00 PM

I was sucked in by the bright packaging & all they hype on MUA. I bought Colossal at WalMart , when my HG CG LashBlast had run out. At first, I really hated this product - the smell, the brush, the texture, etc. I nearly threw it out, but I hate wasting stuff, so I decided to stick it out for a little while. I must say, this mascara has grown on me! It does give nice length, good volume, and has a great inky black color (Glam Black). For the price, not a bad mascara - perhaps one of the better DS mascaras out there, but, alas, it's not my beloved LashBlast, and so I wont be repurchasing.

on 9/28/2008 7:39:00 PM

I'm so glad I stuck with this! At first I was a little disappointed-I didn't see a huge difference between this and the original WP version (Maybelline Volum' Express WP). However, after using this for a couple weeks I decided I like it a lot better. Glam Black is a really dark black that's great for me, because I love dramatic lashes. I can layer this mascara and it doesn't get clumpy. I usually wear 3 coats, and I have really long, really black, really thick lashes. There is some minimal flaking/smearing for me after wearing it all day long, but it's not a big deal. This easily comes off with remover. I'll definitely purchase again.