December 22, 2014 | 1453 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today. I did my makeup and went out to dinner usually by the time dinner is over and i am in the car my face is shiny. well i got in the car checked my makeup and my face did not have breakthru oil. I am IN LOVE with this foundation. I know i should be trying this out longer b4 i rave but i was just so impressed that i made it thru dinner without shine i had to write.it's now almost an hour after coming home from dinner and my face is still not oily. I am getting the beginning signs of oil but that's ok i did my makeup at around 4:30 this afternoon. Normally after this long my face would look gross with oil and i'd feel like i'd have to wash my face and redo it. but i have to say this isn't bad. I will definately rebuy this foundation. I think the bottle should come with the pump though instead of having to buy it.
I finally got color matched right so in SFF i am a NW 35, ifi get more of a tan this summer i will get color matched again for another bottle but i am loving this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

I have never had good luck with MAC foundations. i also have never had good luck with foundation color matches - my face is very pale compared to the rest of my body, which is golden-olive (i am korean and where sunscreen on my face more than my body). I tried a few different colors and none worked. the texture is also thick and hard to blend - i tried with a sponge and foundation brush. Sorry...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The coverage is not quite as full as Estee Lauder's Double Wear. This is medium coverage, which is great if you suffer from melasma (brown patches) like me, rosacea, acne, birthmarks or other discolorations. This will even you out. I am NC25 winter/NC30/summer, and the colors are a tiny bit yellowish. I asked others if it looks like a mask, and no one thinks I look like I have heavy makeup on. This is an acceptable foundation for me to use if Double Wear is not in stock. It stays on most of the day. I'm in outside sales, and I have to look good standing in the rain, snow, extreme heat and humidity. Only Lauder's Double Wear lasts longer. You can thin this out with a makeup brush and some oil-free moisturizer if you want, and you'll still have good coverage. I do this in summer. It doesn't increase my breakouts any more than I normally have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation was a bit heavy, and made my skin look flaky! It didn't go on smoothly as I would have hoped for. The color was a little too yellow although I am yellow skin already. I couldn't stand the smell either! Plus, this clogged my pores tremendously. I regret caving in to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by SusanC0425

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the finish and coverage of this foundation, but cannot find a shade that will match. Applied with the MAC 187 brush, and buffed into the skin, the finish is very nice and natural. I did find if I built up the coverage, it looked much less natural though. Lasts well through the day. I do wonder if the shades are consistent from batch to batch, as the NC30 the MA tried on me from her samples seemed much lighter than what I brought home in my bottle. I am currently an Stila IPF in 40 watts, and couldn't find a good match from NC25, NC30, NC35 or NC37, or even the NW shades in NW25, 30 and 35.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by hilsbils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Is everybody on something? I'm afraid I'm going to be the voice of dissent here.
I have never liked MAC foundations (always make me breakout) but there were so many raves for this that I thought I had to give it a go. I have combination/ oily skin which occasionally breaks out but I have no problems with the majority of foundations.
The colour match - NC 25 - was good for me. And it does indeed provide good, medium to full coverage. But that's where my praise begins and ends.
This foundation itched and highlighted flakes I didn't know I had despite my skin being oily and despite good moisturising and exfoliating. No other foundation has ever done this. It looked very un-natural and patchy. But the worst thing was that after two or three days' wear I broke out horribly all over my face (not just hormonal areas like chin which is what I usually get). It has taken a good couple of weeks to recover from.
Please don't believe the hype. If you have any tendency to acne and have ever broken out from MAC's foundations before give this a miss. Your skin will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Stockton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Stockton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation, but why are there so many reviews on this one when there is a studio fix fluid review thread that has more reviews?