July 29, 2014 | 2039 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mayapapaya

I received a sample of this, along with the Strobe Cream at a local MAC counter. I've been battling a constant breakout on my chin for several months now, and the last thing that I would need is a foundation or a moisturizer that would aggravate it. I purchased the Hyper Real foundation recently, and while it gave me a great glow, it did not provide enough coverage for my acne, therefore I chose to step up to a full coverage SFF, and the Strobe Cream for a healthy glow. Using the SC under the SFF delivers a wonderful base, and makes my foundation last the entire day, and the SFF is absolutely amazing for blendability and buildability. My breakout is covered, and despite the SFF's claim to deliver a matte finish, it actually gives off a nice, natural look, without a sign of cakyness. I am very impressed, and I will definitely purchase both after I finish using the samples.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aet5935

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok.. I'm not really sure about this product. I have worn it for about a week, and granted, the coverage is excellent. It keeps your skin looking matte for half the day, which is better than any other foundation I have found. But, I have noticed I am starting to get blackheads in my cheeks.. Which is a NEVER. I am also breaking out on my forehead, which is a NEVER! So, I am wondering if this is what is causing it.. I haven't switched anything but the makeup.. So, I'm not sure? I washed my face yesterday, and this morning, and have been totally makeup free for 2 days.. My skin looks 100 percent better. So, if you are very oily and acne prone, I wouldn't recommend this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

i normally use MAC Studio Fix, but have never found quite the perfect shade. i tend to go with either NW20 or N4, and both work rather well. i'm fair and despite having pinkish undertones, i look best in warm colors.

anyway. i tried samples of Studio Fix Fluid in both NW15 and NC15, since the drydown is darker than the liquid first appears. i could easily wear either shade, but after applying both in bright but diffused (through a ricepaper windowshade) natural light, i think the NC15 is the better choice. it truly blends into my skin more and seems to brighten my complexion. the NW15 seems to "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it.

all that said, i'm still undecided about whether i personally will continue to use this product. it IS a fantastic product -- the coverage is full yet lightweight and not cakey, the finish is smooth, flawless and matte without being chalky or masklike, and it lasts forever without turning or fading.

however, i prefer a sheerer coverage and slightly dewier finish on my own skin. now that i have finally overcome adult acne and have regained the almost-perfect skin of my teens, i don't NEED the coverage level that Studio Fix Fluid provides. i have applied it using a 190 foundation brush heavily dampened with Fix+ to "sheer out" the coverage, but i still think i prefer my Select Tint SPF, Select Moisturecover concealer, and a dusting of regular Studio Fix (using a fluffy powder brush rather than the sponge applicator).

all in all, i HIGHLY recommend this product for those who need/want fuller coverage but prefer a liquid rather than a powder foundation (especially those with dry skin), but i am not sure if i'll be using it myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

when is Makeup Alley going to add "maybe" as a repurchase option?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2006 9:21:00 AM More reviews by daylami

I'm always on the lookout for something that will cover well and be less of a pain in the buns than my Laura Mercier, so even though my skin's pretty dry I picked up a bottle of this in NW15. It was a tough call between NC and NW - the MAs had a split vote and I was disappointed that the N shades didn't get fluid counterparts. (Normally I wear N3 -->N5, depending on the season.) I swiped both on the back of my hand and fearing NC was too golden, I went with the other one...but they both looked suspiciously dark.

Next day I put it on with the 190 brush and wore it to work...I moisturised like hell and didn't find it was too chalky or matte. The finish is very nice, and feels great on the skin. Still, the color bothered me - it wasn't honkin' orange and probably nobody else noticed, but I notice and that's enough. Even so, it stayed on *perfectly* and the pigment was concentrated enough that I could still see the swipes on my hand from the day before, after a shower and many hand washings. I'll hold onto this for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by monkey_mama19

Love it love it love it!! When the MA recommended studio fix fluid to me I was very skeptical as I heard that MAC foundations can break u out & while I am a bigtime fan of their eye prdts I wasn't convinced about their face prdts. Instead of ard selling, my MA did a makeover on me with my usual Chanel Whitening foundation on the right side of my face & the MAC SSF on the left side. OMG!!! I have never in my life seen my face look so smooth & soft (like a pic has been airbrushed) & the best thing was my face was actually softly glowing!!!!! I have been trying out foundations with whitening prdts & shimmer inside just to get this glow & it came in SSF which ironically is a matte finish foundation. My MA gave me a sample enough for 1 week to try at home & I went & bought the full size today! THUMBS UP!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by stumblina1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was going to wait a full week just to make sure this didn't cause any breakouts, but on day 3 it still hasn't caused any problems. I have dry skin that will become normal with the warm weather approaching, and this may reach HG status for the warmer months. Very nice. I was wearing Px's Virtual Skin in Ecru & thought that was the grail, but the color match here is even better (NC15). It lasts all day & doesn't look cakey on the drier areas (I don't use powder). I may cut it with liquid bronzer when I start self-tanning more or I may break down and buy a darker shade. Definite keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

Seriously orange. I am an NC15 usually and the lightest shade of this was not in line with MAC's usually great color selection. It looked like an orange mask. Right back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by tonicologne

Finally, a foundation that actually covers my rosacea without that heavy, mask-y look. I've tried many foundations, low and high-end, and wasn't able to find good coverage and a matte finish. I knew my search was over when the make-up artist applied Studio Fix Fluid. He used a brush and within seconds, my skin looked even and polished. He tried my usual NC 30 as well as NC 25 and decided he liked the NC 25's coverage better. I've been applying it with a foundation brush and only need a little to do my entire face. If you use too much, it tends to settle into pores and make you look as if you're wearing too much pressed powder.

I took off a point for packaging. Come on MAC, you know this should have been in a pump bottle! I paid the extra three bucks because I can't stand regular bottles. Ick! Ladies, give this one a try (especially if you have rosacea, oily or combination skin.) So far, I've had no breakouts from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ssands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. Thank you. This is the foundation that I have been looking for! I love my studio fix but was looking for a liquid foundation, when I found out about this. It has absolutely amazing coverage, as a few others have mentioned. It's fabulous coverage that doesn't FEEL like a ton of makeup on your face. No mask. I am so happy! I have finally found it.