August 29, 2014 | 673 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jackie0h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid foundation I have tried. I mainly use mineral foundation but I do like to wear liquid once in a while. This provides great coverage and it lasts. I was shocked the first time I wore it when I got home and looked in the mirror and saw that my skin still looked great! I don't think this looks obvious on me at all. On another note I'm glad I finally went to a MAC counter because as it turns out I was wearing the wrong shade of foundation all along.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by missgray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NW47 is an exact match for my skintone. SFF has buildable coverage and even hides my dark spots without me needing to add concealer! The finish is natural. I rotate between this, Select Tint, and Hyper Real. I use SFF when I want a little bit more coverage without looking obviously made up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kissmytiarabitch

I really wanted this product to work. I tried it for a month and it just gave me bad breakouts. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by muurrrz

I currently am using their Select Tint and love it. However, I sometimes want that extra coverage. I got a sample and tried it today. It has great coverage, but it's too drying for my combination skin. It controlled my oil production really great. After 5 hours, my skin was still matte. I'll stick to my Select tint because I don't like a too matte finish. It'll be great for a more humid and oiler day in the summer. The bottle design is poorly made. It should come with the pump or make the pump cheaper.

Edit: 1.13.2008
I now apply this foundation with a wet sponge and it provides the sheer, even coverage I want! TM always end up fading on me half way through the day, but not this baby. I don't even need concealer after using this. No breakouts!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to hear that MAC came out with a liquid studio fix. I rushed out and tried it. Because of the mixed reviews I got a generous sample of it and the strobe cream they're pushing with it. I found it to be too mask like. In the store lighting it looks great. At home it looked awful - I was ashy and flaky. My chin looked so yucky. And it made my cheeks itch. Definetly get a sample before committing to the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by meifa

About me: NC30, Asian, yellow-toned tan skin. Fairly normal skin with minor breakouts now and again. In the past I've used Stila and Fresh, to name a few.

Generally: I've been using this foundation for a few weeks now, wearing it at least 5-6 days a week, including every single eight-hour work day. I love it. It goes on smoothly (I use a combination of the 190 brush and my fingers) and looks flawless.

Coverage: I've not found this foundation to be "over-concealing" or "mask-like." I think the key to loving this foundation is to have a good color match and a careful hand during application.

Wear and Tear: This foundation looks great all day! I live in South Florida; the climate is, obviously, extremely humid and warm. But, this foundation really has staying power. I've not had similar good results with other products.

Bottom Line: I'm tempted to call this my HG foundation, but I'll need to spend a bit more time with it before I do so. My only (minor) complaint is that the foundation doesn't come with a pump. You can buy one from MAC and I do recommend it. I need to get ahold of one myself, soon.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by curlyqmishee

It gives decent coverage and just melts into my skin. Over the course of the day it dried up a little and I could see little lines on my face where it settled into, but they might have been places I didn't blend enough. It feels light and not cakey. I had the studio stick but I'm going to return it and keep using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbella1

Glides on well, too mask looking for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this product in sample form from the MAC counter. Since the discontinuation of my favorite drugstore foundation - Revlon Colorstay (original) I have been on the lookout for something different. I had seen numerous raves about this new product on the board so I decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. I am a PPP w/strong pink undertons, dark brown hair & hazel eyes. The SA gave me a sample of NW20 and it looks great. I found this foundation to apply smoothly and blends evenly. It makes my skin tone look fantasic. It was also long wearing and stayed matte throughout extended wear. I used my regular Coty Airspun powder over the top and only had to blot once during the day. (I have combo skin.) Overall, I am very pleased w/this foundation. I plan on test driving it a couple more times and then purchasing. At $24 I don't think it is a bad deal as I am very pleased w/the results on my face. I will update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

This foundation is amazing. I haven't worn liquid foundations in over a year because I hated how they felt on my oily skin. The texture of this is thick for a liquid but dries down to a matte finish. I apply it with a brush for medium coverage and dust MAC Blot powder over it and that combination leaves me shine-free for a few hours.
I wear C3 in Studio Fix Powder and NC30 in SFF; it's a perfect match.
I'd definitely buy this again. continued >>