October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As far as drug store foundations go, ColorStay is the highest quality. Besides the heavy perfume, this foundation is just as good and offers as much coverage as MAC Studio Fix Fluid.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by RawrRawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like how long this foundation lasts on the face execpt when it comes to the end of the day and I just want to take all my makeup off. This stuff stuck to my face like glue! When I wear this I have to wash my face with my face wash, then exfoliate, then face wash again, and after all of that there is still resedue of the foundation on my face! Non-the less I would reccomend this foundation. I find it med-full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great for oily skin but not great for overly oily skin like mine. provides full coverage which is a bit too much for me. it looks better on women like my mom who finds it as a dupe for estee lauders (the name is on the tip of my tongue!) liquid foundation. just a bit too much coverage for me. sort of hard to find colors. my mom uses 340 which is the early tan & I have 320 true beige. the 320 is too tan for me but then 330 is a bit light & 340 is perfect. so not too consistent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

This was the first liquid foundation I had ever tried, ever. Before this product I had mostly stuck with various powders and my Bare Minerals. When I first put this on, though, I was absolutely floored at how well it covered my various blemishes and uneven skin. I also liked the matte finish and lasting power.

I didn't realize just how good this foundation was, however, until I tried experimenting with others; I slowly came to the realization that other drugstore foundations like Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Revlon PhotoReady either broke me out, didn't give enough coverage, or had a wacky finish.

This is the foundation I keep coming back to, and with a price so relatively low compared to high end brands, I think I can officially call this my HG. :)

To apply:
    I pour some onto the back of my hand, and apply it with my fingertips, working in small sections. Then I apply another thin layer for extra coverage where I need it (yes, folks, it's buildable!) and set it all with a powder.

I have very dry skin, so I have to be sure to exfoliate properly and moiosturize very well; on good days sometimes I'll mix this foundation with my moisturizer to get a more natural, light coverage. Sometimes it almost looks TOO matte after I put it on and set it with a powder: "chalky," almost. However this effect usually disappears fairly soon after application, and I suspect it could be remedied completely with the use of a setting spray of some sort (I don't have one at the moment, but it seems like it would help).

As far as the packaging goes: a pump would be lovely, but I can totally live with the simple bottle. The formula is thick enough (VERY thick, you have to cover your face in small sections to make sure it blends properly) to pour out very slowly, so it's not as easy to pour out too much as you might think.

Overall, I was very pleased; I already have repurchased and intend to continue doing so in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ikutsa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is for the Combination/Oily Colorstay~

One of the BEST foundations I have ever used and I donít think I could stray away from it~! Iíve been using Colorstay for the past four years, and I still cannot find a significant fault with it, other than the fact that there is no pump, which is essentially the only thing missing from keeping this foundation from being a real winner and all rounder.

Iím in the shade Ivory, and although it is slightly too dark-ish for me, itís a pretty decent match. Packaging wise, like I said above about the pump, the bottle itself is pretty bulky, but I donít carry any MU with me for touch upís, (once itís on in the morning, itís not going on again) I donít have a problem with the glass bottle and itís chunky-ness.

I find that when Iím trying to get product out, maybe a little too much comes out, which turns out to be product wasted, as quite frankly, a little goes a long way with this stuff, well for myself anyway~! The smell, uh, itís got a smell, but what foundation doesnít, I donít notice it to be quite honest, and Iíve never had anyone say to me Ďyour face smells a little funkyí, so it canít be all bad!

Iíve found the best way to apply this is with my fingers, thanks to the suggestion of another reviewer. I did previously apply with a brush/damp sponge, but I found that I couldnít blend quick enough, or Iíd end up with brush marks and a patchy face! The trick to getting the flawless look with this foundation is blending with speed!

I pour a small amount onto clean palms, rub them together to warm the foundation up slightly, and just apply to my entire face and blend down my neck, just like I would with my moisturizer. I know that using the palms of the hands isnít exactly everyoneís cup Ďo tea, since there is the whole Ďyouíve got oils on your palmsí and stuff, but it doesnít bother me, as I know my palms are freshly washed, this method works so well for me because it takes seconds to apply with my hands, rather than minutes with a brush!

I always set with powder afterwards, as Iím very oily, and I feel awkward if I donít set any foundation! Iíd say that if you have dry skin and pick the wrong one up, go back and exchange, the Combo/oily one WILL show any dry skin, I usually get some around my chin in the winter, and boy does it show if you donít moisturize properly or enough!

A word of warning though, if you donít get this stuff off of your face properly, you are most likely going to break out. It does sink into your skin, but a proper clean after youíve removed will prevent. Iíve never really had a problem after I discovered that, so I always make sure my skin is extra clean after wearing this stuff~

Overall, Iíve been using this stuff for four years, and now that Iím a lot more experienced with make-up and I actually know what Iím doing, I really can appreciate this foundation. It covers all my acne marks, blemishes and even takes most of my dark circles away. If youíre considering in buying this foundation, donít hesitate, as itís been a miracle worker in helping me boost my confidence, as clichť as that may sound, but when you feel good and look good self esteem and confidence will grow~!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by musiclives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite foundation. I'm a NC20 to a light NC25, and I combine Buff and Sand Beige for the perfect shade. This applies best on moisturized skin. I find when my skin is dry is kind of drags and applies really patchy, because of the heavy coverage. I apply this with my fingers. I've tried using a 190 and a skunk brush, but the coverage is much too heavy for me and I prefer the sheerer application with my fingers. This definitely has medium/full coverage and is really good for covering any redness. This foundation definitely runs yellow toned. Lasts all day, seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MzIssa

I bought this in Buff. It did not match me and neither did the lighter shade, it does have nice coverage but none that match me. Also it has this horrible smell like I put paint on my face. I'm defintely throwing this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go-to drug store brand of foundation. Very reliable and my skin looks great when I use it. Perfect when you want to look polished without looking overdone. For reference, I'm MAC NC 50, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Rich Cocoa, Chanel in Hazelnut. I buy Revlon colorstay in Caramel in Combo/Oily formula-- a little on the lighter side but great with the yellow undertones of my dark skin. Not sure what setting powder I should use with it. Would appreciate any ideas others may have...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day without having to blot! The only downsides are the shades and the packaging. I'm an NC25 and am using Golden Beige. It is a little neutral for me since I have yellow undertones, but it's the closest match I could find. I don't think it's really noticeable. I also wish the bottle had a pump, but that's not such a big deal to me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this due to the quality of the product and the reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mshergs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it stays on all day, is a little dark in the wintertime for me, might need to switch up my shade for the season. i find i get the best results when using a medium- large foundation brush and applying in spots, and spreading the color away from my face. Topped, with revlon photoready powder my skin looks flawless