September 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MzIssa

I bought this in Buff. It did not match me and neither did the lighter shade, it does have nice coverage but none that match me. Also it has this horrible smell like I put paint on my face. I'm defintely throwing this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go-to drug store brand of foundation. Very reliable and my skin looks great when I use it. Perfect when you want to look polished without looking overdone. For reference, I'm MAC NC 50, Estee Lauder Double Wear in Rich Cocoa, Chanel in Hazelnut. I buy Revlon colorstay in Caramel in Combo/Oily formula-- a little on the lighter side but great with the yellow undertones of my dark skin. Not sure what setting powder I should use with it. Would appreciate any ideas others may have...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day without having to blot! The only downsides are the shades and the packaging. I'm an NC25 and am using Golden Beige. It is a little neutral for me since I have yellow undertones, but it's the closest match I could find. I don't think it's really noticeable. I also wish the bottle had a pump, but that's not such a big deal to me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this due to the quality of the product and the reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mshergs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it stays on all day, is a little dark in the wintertime for me, might need to switch up my shade for the season. i find i get the best results when using a medium- large foundation brush and applying in spots, and spreading the color away from my face. Topped, with revlon photoready powder my skin looks flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I'll ever use again. I've tried almost all of them and nothing else stays put all day while looking so natural. I wear gobs of black eyeliner so I like to look as if I'm not wearing any other make-up at all. I've had people tell me I have suck great skin and am lucky I don't need foundation, when in fact I AM wearing it. I don't wear the Colorstay pressed powder with it because that looks cakey and changes everything. Instead I use either MAC powder in the winter and Urban Decay De-Slick in the summer. I do think if you look like you're wearing face make-up it defeats the purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by londoncalling01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation - wish it had a pump though! I waste soo much foundation because it all comes gushing out of the container and I only need the tiniest amount.

I have super dry skin so this does flake a little, particularly on my nose, but other than that I'm really happy. I find it is best applied with a stippling brush - better coverage and less product required.

EDIT: Not a big fan anymore, no matter how I apply it, it always looks cakey. Its an ok foundation, but I've since found better

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin and this is the only foundation I've found that lasts all day. It is a little difficult to blend with your fingers, but I use a damp sponge to apply it and it applys very well with that. My skin is also acne prone, and a lot of foundation break me out, but this one didn't. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I don't understand the hype over this. I tried it and it's way to thick and so hard to blend. It dries right away and it's not cheap for a drugstore foundation. I would not recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by SUNKiSSEDxoPRiNCESS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOT Worth it at all!!

there's so much hype over this foundation so I decided to try it out. It's really not what it's cracked up to be.
    The colors don't have enough yellow tone to any of them, so you end up turning pink from the foundation, which is the leading way for of course, orange.

It dried my skin out like crazy and looked cakey no matted how I applied it or how much I used.

Not worth the money. Not a very good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Done lots of research on this foundation and everybody was saying that it was amazing and really good for people with oily skin. So i decided to try it (and mind you £12.99 is not cheap for a teenager).
    WOW, this product was so bad i couldn't believe it! After all the praise i'd read about it, i was very shocked that it was terrible.
    Made my face look even oilier than it already is, when it gets really oily the shade starts to change to lighter, and worst of all - it made me break out like no other! I'm still trying to nurse my face back to how it was because i used to have a lot of spots and then it was getting better until i bought this. Now i'm breaking out a lot more.
    I really have nothing good to say about this. Anyone who has acne-prone skin, blackheads and really oily skin, i'm warning you to STAY AWAY!