August 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mshergs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it stays on all day, is a little dark in the wintertime for me, might need to switch up my shade for the season. i find i get the best results when using a medium- large foundation brush and applying in spots, and spreading the color away from my face. Topped, with revlon photoready powder my skin looks flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I'll ever use again. I've tried almost all of them and nothing else stays put all day while looking so natural. I wear gobs of black eyeliner so I like to look as if I'm not wearing any other make-up at all. I've had people tell me I have suck great skin and am lucky I don't need foundation, when in fact I AM wearing it. I don't wear the Colorstay pressed powder with it because that looks cakey and changes everything. Instead I use either MAC powder in the winter and Urban Decay De-Slick in the summer. I do think if you look like you're wearing face make-up it defeats the purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by londoncalling01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation - wish it had a pump though! I waste soo much foundation because it all comes gushing out of the container and I only need the tiniest amount.

I have super dry skin so this does flake a little, particularly on my nose, but other than that I'm really happy. I find it is best applied with a stippling brush - better coverage and less product required.

EDIT: Not a big fan anymore, no matter how I apply it, it always looks cakey. Its an ok foundation, but I've since found better

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I love this foundation! I have really oily skin and this is the only foundation I've found that lasts all day. It is a little difficult to blend with your fingers, but I use a damp sponge to apply it and it applys very well with that. My skin is also acne prone, and a lot of foundation break me out, but this one didn't. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ALINDSEYFLOWER

I don't understand the hype over this. I tried it and it's way to thick and so hard to blend. It dries right away and it's not cheap for a drugstore foundation. I would not recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by SUNKiSSEDxoPRiNCESS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOT Worth it at all!!

there's so much hype over this foundation so I decided to try it out. It's really not what it's cracked up to be.
    The colors don't have enough yellow tone to any of them, so you end up turning pink from the foundation, which is the leading way for of course, orange.

It dried my skin out like crazy and looked cakey no matted how I applied it or how much I used.

Not worth the money. Not a very good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pinkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Done lots of research on this foundation and everybody was saying that it was amazing and really good for people with oily skin. So i decided to try it (and mind you £12.99 is not cheap for a teenager).
    WOW, this product was so bad i couldn't believe it! After all the praise i'd read about it, i was very shocked that it was terrible.
    Made my face look even oilier than it already is, when it gets really oily the shade starts to change to lighter, and worst of all - it made me break out like no other! I'm still trying to nurse my face back to how it was because i used to have a lot of spots and then it was getting better until i bought this. Now i'm breaking out a lot more.
    I really have nothing good to say about this. Anyone who has acne-prone skin, blackheads and really oily skin, i'm warning you to STAY AWAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Diennahern

I have been on the search for an HG foundation for over 13 years. I have acne prone skin that react different to all foundations. Well, last year I watched a ton of videoes on this foundation on YouTube, and decided to try it. Let me say, I have yet to discover a drugstore foundation that covers my face without looking un-natural like this puppy does. It has a great price tag, even though it does have its downfalls. First of all the packaging, Revlon snap out of it and put a freakin' pump. I always waste product and a bunch stays on the neck and just stays there. Also, heads up I notice this has a shelf life of a couple a weeks, then it begins to set weird on my face. For those reasons I can't commit and say that it is my HG, because I always cheat on Colorstay, and wander to other foundations. But, as long as Revlon Colorstay keeps taking me back after I see the error in my ways, we might just learn to live with each other.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sami788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros- covers well, lasts all day, cheap

cons- packaging, dries quickly when applying, makes pores more visible

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had come off my high horse about drugstore foundations along time ago. This stuff is pretty awesome. I bought combination/oily in Caramel since I'm normally NC45 and everywhere I looked people said it was a perfect match. It does dry quickly and the bottle doesn't have a pump. But who cares? I just work fast and transferred it to an old pump bottle I had...(recycle, reduce, reuse...right?) My favorite thing about this foundation is that it does not move through out the day...At ALL! I have super oily skin especially at the end of the night. With this stuff, my concealer doesn't crease, and my powder doesn't crease. I apply with a MAC foundation brush. I think it's 190 (it's been so long since I purchased it). I top it off w/ mineralize skinfinish pressed powder. I don't feel too done up because it's really light compared to other foundations I've tried in the past. The only negative thing I have noticed is that if I sweat, my face will tingle where I'm wearing the foundation, so limit my use of it to days that I know I won't be running around too much. That said, I will totally repurchase when I run out and I may even branch out to try other Revlon products.