Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 9/29/2008 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hated it. The brush holds gobs of it, so it's hard to apply multiple coats w/o clumping. (I love applying multiple coats.) This one's going in the trash. Guess this one's just not for me.

on 9/28/2008 10:48:00 PM

Yeah basically this mascara is shit. Very drying and clumpy. The forumla is crap and the wand isn't as good as lash blast or the chanel version. The wand is too bend and soft, therefore it doesn't work as well. Total crap, this is going in the garbage.

on 9/28/2008 9:27:00 PM

I was sucked in by the bright packaging & all they hype on MUA. I bought Colossal at WalMart , when my HG CG LashBlast had run out. At first, I really hated this product - the smell, the brush, the texture, etc. I nearly threw it out, but I hate wasting stuff, so I decided to stick it out for a little while. I must say, this mascara has grown on me! It does give nice length, good volume, and has a great inky black color (Glam Black). For the price, not a bad mascara - perhaps one of the better DS mascaras out there, but, alas, it's not my beloved LashBlast, and so I wont be repurchasing.

on 9/28/2008 7:39:00 PM

I'm so glad I stuck with this! At first I was a little disappointed-I didn't see a huge difference between this and the original WP version (Maybelline Volum' Express WP). However, after using this for a couple weeks I decided I like it a lot better. Glam Black is a really dark black that's great for me, because I love dramatic lashes. I can layer this mascara and it doesn't get clumpy. I usually wear 3 coats, and I have really long, really black, really thick lashes. There is some minimal flaking/smearing for me after wearing it all day long, but it's not a big deal. This easily comes off with remover. I'll definitely purchase again.

on 9/28/2008 12:52:00 AM

So it's an ok product - it gives pretty decent volume - the packaging is a little tacky but the price is pretty good - my problem with it or should i say problems is that first it smells terrible - which several other reviewers have noted as well. and despite the fact that when i put it on i can't smell it at all the idea of the smell is really irriatating. I'm not sure why any makeup company would let something out that smells that terrible. anyways... the other issue is i find it a little smudgey/flakey - however if you are in a rush or low on funds it's not a bad mascara for the price.

on 9/25/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was surpised this mascara works pretty well. It definitely gives a full effect for the lashes but it does clump easily if too much is applied. Also, by the end of the day, I do have some smudgies under my eyes. I like the fact that it defines and adds volume without using one of the rubber brushes. I use alternately with my (expensive) Diorshow mascara and they both produce a similar effect. The price is good, product is pretty good. I'd probably buy again if I buy a drug-store brand. I don't like the bright yellow tube.

Re-review: After using this for just a couple weeks, I opened the tube and the goo inside lirterally exploded. I have never seen this happen before. I guess I won't be buying this again after all.

on 9/25/2008 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i gave this stuff a fair chance (used it for a little over a month), but i really didn't like it. i have sensitive eyes (especially around allergy season) and the strong rose scent really bothered me. there is NO reason that a mascara needs to be that scented. after 2 coats, the mascara would get clumpy and leave my eyelashes looking strangely plastic-y and almost shiny. it took a long time to dry and i would often end up with it under my eyes and on my lids if i blinked too soon after application. my lashes felt weighed down and the product started flaking after a few hours. however, i did like the packaging and the big, fluffy brush.

on 9/25/2008 1:21:00 PM

I actually love this product! I have average length pale eyelashes and this stuff makes me look like I have falsies! I have never seen my eyelashes look so long! No clumping or flaking and it is non-irritating to my sensitive eyes. This mascara is not as good at adding volume, so if I want to add a bit more oomph I sweep a coat of the regular volum' express and WOW!

The only down side is that the mascara smells like dried roses, but I only smell it while I am putting it on, it is not like my eyes smell like this all day. LOL!

on 9/24/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara was a HUGE letdown!!
It clumps, smells awful, and smeared!!!
Will stick to my define-a-lash!!!!!!!

on 9/24/2008 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased it for a friend who has long blonde lashes and she loves it (she usually hates mascara)

*update* I've learned only the first few uses of the mascara are great...after a few weeks it got flakey and clumpy.

Popular Mascaras