L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 11/5/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I LOOOOVE THIS MASCARA!!! It's currently my HG! To be honest I won't be hunting for anymore new mascaras to try out for a while! It lengthens better than it's "telescopic" family members (clean definition & the regular telescopic formula) so with that being said the black color is extremely dark, hence the carbon black name. it thickens fairly well but not enough where I can say "look I have fake eyelashes". Otherwise I do recommend this product, the best from l'oreal!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

To be honest I haven't tried this product in a long time, but when I did it wasn't all that bad. At the same time, though, it wasn't the best I had ever used. Great for elongating and separating lashes but not enough volume.

on 10/7/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A girl I go to school with recommended this to me. I have long lashes as it it, so normally I don't look for lengthening mascaras, I usually just buy them on a whim. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this. It does such an amazing job seperating my lashes because the wand is long and skinny. Usually I hate those. But, it seperates like no other I've tried. As I said before, my lashes are already pretty long, so I was very happy to see this mascara did indeed lengthen. The formula isn't too wet, so it doesn't hit my lid either. Which is a big thing for me! I'M IN LOVE!

One of the best lengthtening mascara on the market! If you want long,separated lashes,this one is for you! Truly one of my favourites:long,glossy,defined lashes with NO clumps.The brush is like a comb but it is fail-proof and does the job very well! I really love it!!

on 9/6/2010 12:02:00 PM

I love this mascara!
This is my go to,never fail mascara.
I have been through so many before,from brands that cost 2-3 times what this one costs at its regular price.Not to mention that I am always finding it on sale!
The price,for the quality of the product,is unbeatable.

The brush distributes the product evenly onto each and every one of my lashes. I can almost blindly apply mascara where theer are no noticeable lashes,and they instantly darken up and elongate. Beautiful! I add liquid silk amino acids to my mascara for growth,and it corresponds beautifully with this formula. I did not have the same great results with other mascaras. I have purchased Lancome,Dior,Make Up forever,and stila brands amongst others,and this one outperforms them all.

on 8/29/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first application, it looked good with just the right amount of drama and volume, though it didn't provide enough separation and curl fell quite quickly. Carbon black color is great and if it held curl I would like it. I will not repurchase. Voluminous was better than this though.

on 8/29/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this mascara, but the formula is just too wet and took forever to dry. By the time it did dry, the mascara had weighed down my lahes so there was hardly any curl left. I much prefer the Clean Definition formula to this one.

on 8/22/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
true black color
dries quickly
holds curl
lengthens and volumizes lashes

cons:
difficult to get mascara evenly distributed on the mascara wand
sticky formula that can keep lashes clumped if not applied evenly the first time around (even after using a lash comb)

my experience:
I wear this every single day. So long as you brush the bottom of the spherical mascara wand against the rim of the tube to remove the excess mascara on the wand, it "should" apply evenly. It's very annoying when the mascara coats the wand unevenly, because then your mascara'ed lashes will clump together like nobody's business. No problems removing it at the end of the night, and I like that the brush is spherical because I can get really get into my top and bottom lashes with ease. It just emphasizes and extends my lashes, and it holds a curl better than any other mascara I've used.

on 8/17/2010 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent mascara, but I find it makes my lashes stick together a lot of the time, because the formula is so wet. Other than that - it gives me nice length and definition, and the colour is a nice true black which makes my eyes pop. It doesn't provide much volume or anything. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/17/2010 6:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great mascara!!! Love the telescope shaped bottle. Also, its the darkest shade of black! Which is amazing! And no clumps are left behind. It has a nice brush which coats the lower lashes really well. And its buildable. So you can apply one coat for a more natural look, and a couple of more coats for extra drama! Once applied, it doesn't look over the top. My only problem is that it doesn't dry fast! And I'm not usually that patient! Lol! But, overall great product!! Will definitely repurchase!!