L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 2/9/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great mascara. It separates, lengthens, and lasts better than anything I've found at this price point and is comparable in quality to many high end brands. The skinny, long brush is great for lifting and separating each lash. I don't get clumps with this product, unless it starts to get old. I replace it every 3 months because I use it everyday. It is a true, super intense black color, which may be too dramatic for some people. In my case, I like the bold look, but only wear one coat during the day and two coats if I want to create a super dramatic effect. The regular Telescopic formula is better if you want a more natural, long lash look. Some people have asked me if I am doing Latisse or other eye lash treatments. Nope. Just using Telescopic mascara!

on 2/5/2011 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ADORE this mascara! I use it on top of Bare Minerals Buxom Mascara, since it separates my super long lashes AMAZINGLY. But anyway, this mascara it the blackest mascara I've ever used and is not the least bit clumpy and never ever smudges! I've never had a bad experience with this, it's amazing!

I would 100% recommend this mascara!

on 2/2/2011 8:19:00 AM

It is not my favourite mascara, however it is a great one!
Due to the rubber wand it is very easy to use: you are able to get the roots of the lashes without touching the skin. It is very black and lengthening.

Contrary to other people I do think it clumps lashes together, and it's relatively easy to get a moderate spidery effect. But maybe I'm rushing the application, since I tend to do so ;)

Also I found that product lasts a long time. After the recommended 3 months it was at good as new, so i have to confess I kept it... (shame on me I now...) Even this day (one year after I got it) it is a usable mascara. For reference much better than the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Waterproof after 2 months.

So: when the Voluminous is not available, I will probably buy this one again. (I can't get Voluminous where I live now).

on 1/27/2011 12:11:00 PM

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black -
One of the Best.

I've worn this since this was on the market and have used it regularly since then.

The only thing to keep in mind about this greatly-underrated mascara is that there IS a learning curve when you begin using it. It requires PATIENCE and a steady hand at first. I can see why many women give up - but slow down, get the knack of it and you'll be rewarded with defined, coal-black lashes that STAY that way all day with nary a clump in sight!

______________________

F.Y.I. - (and 1 Downside) :

1. The original Telescopic has matching mascaras, one in a silver tube and one in a gold tube. Both are slight variations offering a slightly less dramatic, more everyday look than the black-tube Telescopic. The silver one's quite good for those moments when you want to be more restrained.

2. My lashes are a medium length. And straight. Telescopic gives them a natural curve WITHOUT using an eyelash curler.

3. When I want my eyes to be centre-stage, I use an eyelash curler and get lashes that TOUCH MY EYEBROWS. I could not believe that an inexpensive mascara gave me this look.

4. There's no 4-Lash Syndrome with this mascara. Each lash is
separately defined and you get that lovely sweeping 'fan' look.

5. Flaking was minimal during the day. Nothing a cotton bud can't take care of.

6. It really IS a sooty, carbon-black colour - like a 6B Pencil!
7. This is a dramatic mascara that looks stunning in the P.M.

8. Once you get the knack of Telescopic Carbon Black, ONE COAT is all you'll usually need, as I discovered to my delight! *(And No. I don't use Latisse).

9. It will require diligent cleansing at night to get it ALL off.

10. As most of you probably know, the same company owns both Lancome AND L'Oreal so we the consumer are benefitting from that trickle-down.

~ ONE NEGATIVE: It doesn't last long at all. I go through them quickly. It also tends to dry in the tube quicker than most.

_________________________________

** * In the pursuit of lash perfection, here's an abridged list of some I've recently tried - few of which can hold a candle to this A-Grade Mascara:

Lancome's Maquacil, Fatale, Oscillation, Definicils & Hypnose; Chanel's Inimitable; Dior Show's Mascara - all variations; NYX Doll Eye Long Lash; Maybelline' Great Lash (don't get it), Cover Girl's Lash Blast (pathetic), & Cover Girl's Lash Exact in the purple tube (excellent!)

on 1/25/2011 12:06:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for awhile now, and am close to finishing the product. L'Oreal's Telescopic Carbon Black mascara gives some benefits for your eyes. The good thing about the mascara is that it contains a brush with very thin bristles (like one of those eyelash combs, it's solid) Mostly because of the brush, the results will lead to little-to-none clumps in your eyes, as it is more like a lengthening mascara. This mascara also makes your eyelashes look nice in photos! However, the problems I suffered with the mascara included the packaging labels (the gold lettering) were scratching off and the ingredients. If only the ingredients were less thick and left more natural looking results, then this could have easily been a runner-up. While rinsing off the mascara with my makeup remover, I resembled what looked like Ronald McDonald's fellow entourage member (the one with the robber eyes). That's how thick the ingredients were! It's the THICKEST and it's not necessarily a good thing. I'm actually scared of what will happen to the lower lids of my eyes because eyes are sensitive!

on 1/23/2011 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite mascara, I wear it every day. It never budges, no matter what the weather. The tiny brush makes it easy to get into the corners and apply precisely. You can build it up to lengthen as much as you like with minimal clumping. I find it easy to remove in the shower.

on 1/22/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this mascara when I need to get some length. MY lashes are average, not super long (I just started Latisse though). I'm a reddish blonde naturally but dye my hair a Level 5 Red, so I basically you don't see my lashes when not wearing mascara, so it's a crucial everyday item for me. This separates really well, gives me length, no clumping at all. Just very well defined lashes that look beautiful. Despite not being waterproof, it holds up very well when my eyes water (I wear contacts). I'm now on my second tube of this and will buy it again, it's that good.

on 1/13/2011 4:02:00 AM

This is my favorite lengthening mascara EVER. The color, the performance, the lasting power, everything is perfect. I love the thin, comb-like brush that grabs every lash and pulls them towards the sky! I love the deep black inky wonderfulness that defines my sparse lashes! I love the semi-tacky "telescopic" packaging! Go buy this, NOW!

on 12/30/2010 10:51:00 PM

Currently my favorite mascara. Makes lashes longer AND thicker and does not go anywhere throughout the day. Really the only con is sometimes it is a little difficult to remove, but it's a price I'll gladly pay for how great and long it makes my lashes look.

on 12/28/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My absolute favorite mascara! I love super dark lashes and this gives me just that :). I already have long lashes but this mascara makes them appear even longer and sperates them beautifully! A definite permanent thing in my makeup bag :)