January 27, 2015 | 1983 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by launaleizl

At first application, it looked good with just the right amount of drama and volume, though it didn't provide enough separation and curl fell quite quickly. Carbon black color is great and if it held curl I would like it. I will not repurchase. Voluminous was better than this though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this mascara, but the formula is just too wet and took forever to dry. By the time it did dry, the mascara had weighed down my lahes so there was hardly any curl left. I much prefer the Clean Definition formula to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros:
true black color
dries quickly
holds curl
lengthens and volumizes lashes

cons:
difficult to get mascara evenly distributed on the mascara wand
sticky formula that can keep lashes clumped if not applied evenly the first time around (even after using a lash comb)

my experience:
I wear this every single day. So long as you brush the bottom of the spherical mascara wand against the rim of the tube to remove the excess mascara on the wand, it "should" apply evenly. It's very annoying when the mascara coats the wand unevenly, because then your mascara'ed lashes will clump together like nobody's business. No problems removing it at the end of the night, and I like that the brush is spherical because I can get really get into my top and bottom lashes with ease. It just emphasizes and extends my lashes, and it holds a curl better than any other mascara I've used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

This is a decent mascara, but I find it makes my lashes stick together a lot of the time, because the formula is so wet. Other than that - it gives me nice length and definition, and the colour is a nice true black which makes my eyes pop. It doesn't provide much volume or anything. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara!!! Love the telescope shaped bottle. Also, its the darkest shade of black! Which is amazing! And no clumps are left behind. It has a nice brush which coats the lower lashes really well. And its buildable. So you can apply one coat for a more natural look, and a couple of more coats for extra drama! Once applied, it doesn't look over the top. My only problem is that it doesn't dry fast! And I'm not usually that patient! Lol! But, overall great product!! Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by bakkylgum

I really like this because it makes your eyelashes really full and lengthy. However, I find it quite hard to remove, even if I'm using good makeup removers, so that's the only con in the mascara. Packaging is quite nice but price is a bit too expensive...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by marylee_126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing! It definitely gives me both volume and length at the same time without any clumps, and it holds the curl so well (Last the whole day). I don't even have to use eyelash curler at all! No smudge and easy to take off with warm water. Best of all, it's very buildable. You can wear one layer to be natural or to build up for a dramatic faux look. Favorite mascara so far.The only cons is the price in Australia is ridiculous..26 AUD..almost the same as department store product..Only would buy it if I can find a cheap source.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara i think mascara is something that is very dependant on the size of your eyes and your lashes my eyes are small quite hooded and i have fairly short lashes that go straight out, this has a very thin brush which means i never make a mess of my mascara and dont get it on my eyelids, its easy to do bottom lashes with it. This mascara also makes my lashes very long so after they have been curled they are perfect it does thicken a bit too but not massively but i prefer long and defined lashes, more elegant than thick lashes which close in my eyes more, long lashes open up my eye area and look more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Emmyoscar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one of my favorites, a really great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by shannand88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. And I LOVE how dark it is.
This mascara, if used correctly, can really open up your eyes with that "fanned out starry look". You just HAVE to be careful with the brush, because it does have pretty thick bristles, which wouldn't be a problem, if they were a little closer together. If the brush were more dense, I'm positive the "goopy" problem you can get with this product would go away. So I take away a lippie for the slightly flawed brush design. However, I've found that if you come from an upward angle, rather than horizontally as you would with traditional mascara, you can get more control and better results.