August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by porcaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one heavily marketed product, especially in Asia, where I live in. Marketed as the "miracle water" in Asia, I had my doubts about the efficacy of SKII and their products in the past (I simply thought of the brand as one which relies heavily on advertising and celebrity endorsements).

A while back, a friend gave me a 30ml bottle of the Essence. True, it has a weird smell but it goes away after a while. I used it sparingly initially (partly because I have rather dry and slightly sensitive skin on the cheek area) but was surprised to find my dry skin becoming more moisturised and my overall skin condition becoming clearer and more smooth (the advertising tagline "crystal-clear skin" is actually working in my case!) I don't normally get pimples, but any pimple that I had also went away faster. I was happy enough with the results (if used sparingly, a 30ml bottle can last about 3 weeks) to purchase the biggest-sized bottle.

It has been 2 months since I started using SKII (i also bought the facial treatment cleanser and the skin signature cream together with the full-sized bottle of essence), and I must say this is the best skincare line I have ever used albeit expensive (however, I am glad their products come in generous sizes so they do last for quite some time).

Even in the drying winter climate here in Shanghai (where i am at currently), my skin doesn't feel tight or develop dry flakes like in previous winters. I have tried applying it with just my hands initially, but I find that using cotton pads is much better as the essence gets absorbed better into the skin through the pads.

These are the 3 basic pitera items in the SK2 line, and the results thus far has convinced me to incorporate more of their stuff into my skincare routine soon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a little sample bottle in Hong Kong. Normal size is pricey but lasts for a long time. It has the same effect on my oily skin as MAC's Fix+ (which doesn't have that odd smell SKII has). Sometimes I don't even need to use moisturizer on top of this because it's hydrating and can control my oiliness.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sballew

I am almost at the end of a big bottle. I don't think it is doing anything for me. Shame on Cate Blanchatt. What a waste of my hard earn money. I am totally disgusted by this product. And it stinks like crazy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lee1989

I have a love-hate relationship on this product,but more to hate. When i started using it was great and make my skin ph well balanced and eventually less oily and the dry part are well moisturized. However after used for 2 bottles i stopped using it coz my face are getting well and its was very expensive. After a few couples of days my face turned red and growth lots of pimples and eventually i had to consult a specialist, the doctor said that my face was too dependable on this product and if i stoped using it will caused lots of problems,so i have to continiue to used in order to mantain the smooth skin before that,shit! It takes months to treat my problems. Recently i also have heard many complained about the side effect of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sezling

Not much to hype about. Initially after consistent use I did notice my skin tone becoming more even however it is a long and drawn out process and now I doubt whether I'd repurchase just to even out my skin tone. I have experienced no adverse effects with this unlike cheaper toners..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this product!!! It's the 1 thing I always have standbys with - it gets really expensive, but I can't do without it. I had really sensitive skin & being a make-up artist always wanted to show case my talent with my own face. Since using this, my skin has become "crystal clear", smooth, hydrated & comfortable in the colder months. I used to get horribly dry patchy skin in winter, but my skin was so sensitive I couldn't use a very hydrating serum &/or moisturiser; so when I found this product & found it worked wonderfully well for my skin - I STUCK TO IT!!! I've been using it for 4 years now & I don't think I could ever change from SK-II to another brand - it's too good to go without.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sau6181

I have been using skin care product since 14. Am 37 now. I must say. Tried many ways & research to look young and healthy. I have no major breakout so far while my initially sensitive skin has been under control. I have tried many different products but those products just didn't react negatively onto my skin however, does not do much as promised on their packaging. SKII is so far one that amazed me. I had been using since I was 30 and wonder if I could do without it, so lately, been trying out other salon brand which is more expensive, again found it did nothing like others. But I am sure coming back for this after I have finished that expensive bottle. Now I know, I can't do without it, for sure. I usually transfer from big bottle to spray bottle which I use it twice daily. However, I have my nightly ritual which after warm cleansing & icing my face, I put on the toner followed by miracle spray+serum along with my ultra sound handheld on upward direction. It worked just great! Food & drinks & our habit also play an important role besides this good product. Thumbs up, so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by tjhuh

I just got this essence a few days ago because I heard it was a great product. I was warned that it had a weird scent to it but...mine doesn't smell like anything, totally fragrance free. Is this normal?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Jenn838

I have been using this essence for about a month now and have noticed a great difference in my skin. It just 2 weeks i've seen a difference in texture, it has become a lot smoother. Now, after using if for a month not only is my skin really soft but also brighter. I have bought more SKII products since. I use the essence both day and night after cleansing. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MissPeony

Pros:
-sanitary container
-fragrance free
-makes skin smooth, supple, hydrated, and prepared for next layer of moisture

Cons:
-Price!!!
-the product smells a little but not enough for me to stop using it

I absolutely love this product despite the exorbitant price and believe it's making a difference in my skin. I have oily and sensitive skin but the essence hasn't caused me to breakout. I normally break out when aunt flow comes to town, but since using this, my break outs have been less excessive and quick to heal.