November 28, 2014 | 1786 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by klove1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS eyeliner. My holy grail. It goes on so smoothly. Lasts a long time, especially the black onyx (I also wear the espresso) My only gripe is that the point breaks off sometimes, may be my heavy hand though. But, I love it and will continue to repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

it does tug at my skin but the colors look natural and the smudger is a nice bonus. i think it has reasonably good staying power and its better suited for a more natural look since they aren't super pigmented. overall a nice everyday liner since it is self sharpening and comes with a smudger, which makes it good to throw in your purse for touchups.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by CotiOdie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have worn this eyeliner, in espresso, for several years. I love the convenience of being self sharpening, especially when I'm in a rush to get my makeup done. The negatives are that the point isn't as sharp as I'd like it to be sometimes so it's difficult to achieve a thin line. Also, when I wear this for long periods of time it starts to smudge and run a little on the outer corners of my eyes. I recently switched to Revlon Colorstay and am very happy with its lasting, waterproof power. I recommend trying it instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a Perfect Point Plus in Black Onxy free in a promotional pack that included Lash Exact mascara. I'm afraid that even being free is not redemption enough to keep this liner in my collection.
Perfect Point Plus are automatic/self-sharpening pencil eyeliners that are longwearing/water resistent. They are mid-priced at retail, meaning there are less expensive and more expensive liners from which to choose.
Black Onxy, like all automactic pencils, is easy to use and delivers a fine to medium width line. I prefer my black colors to be deep, dark and saturated. Unfortunately, Black Onxy is lacking in pigmentation and only delivered a not-quite-black color to my fair (NW20) skin. Going over the line several times, while not desirable, did not improve the color.
While this is a relatively soft liner, the finish is very waxy and does tug a bit on application. The wax provides a dull finish and I must say, I prefer a richer more opaque look. I expect the added wax is how this liner achieves its water-resistant status, though, sadly, this did not make it through a full 8 hour day for me. By about hour 6, bits of the line disappear.
Being that I prefer pencil liners to other forms and that I wear waterproof almost exclusively, Perfect Point Plus simply did not even meet the performance of my other liners. Prestige waterproof pencils (at half the price), Revlon Colorstay liners (at about the same price), and MAC Powerpoints (at a few dollars more) outperform Perfect Point Plus in pigmentation, finish, application and wear.
My final verdict is that Perfect Point Plus in Black Onxy is the black crayon of eyeliners: lacking in pigmentation and waxy in finish. With so many other longwearing automatic pencil options available that, IMO, outperform this liner, I won't keep Perfect Point Plus in my lineup. Not only will I not repurchase, I don't even want this liner for free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 9:20:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite possibly one of the best self-sharpening eye pencils I've ever bought, and it keeps me coming back time and time again. I always buy CG's Perfect Point Plus in Black Onyx because it gives me dramatic, bold lines that aren't too over the top. My only complaint is that by the middle of the day, the oily area under my eyes causes the eyeliner to lose its precision and smudge, giving me the dreaded "raccoon eye" look. Other than that, it's not bad for a drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by cuttervonwifflepuff

I've been using Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner for about 7 years now, I think? I like that I don't have to sharpen it.... I've tried eyeliners that needed sharpening, and they never transfered color to my eyelids. They were like trying to use a colored pencil to line my eyes, and it just didn't work. With CG's Perfect Point Plus in Black Onyx, I get bold dark black with just one touch of the eyeliner to my skin. I don't use it on my lower lashes (don't use any eyeliner on my lowers, it just looks weird on me), but I line my uppers with it. I hold my lid up a bit, and stick the pencil between my lashes to darken my lashline, and then do a thicker line on the outer 1/3 of my eyes to make my eyes not seem so round. I go to school from 8am to 9pm, and I haven't had any problems with it smudging or flaking, but I am always careful not to rub my eyes. I don't have oily eyelids, that may be why it works well for me? Anyway, I'll keep buying it as long as they make it.
ALSO: When my dog died and I cried and cried all day, tons of tears, my eyeliner didn't run at all or smudge, but I was careful to dab at my eyes with tissue, not rubbing or anything. (With liquid eyeliner, crying would've been a disaster! Perfect Point's waxyish formula, on the other hand, lasts well for me.)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was the first eyeliner I ever bought. I got it in espresso and black onyx. I was in love with the espresso. It was a pretty brown and it gave me a natural look...till I ran out so I moved on to black onyx. At first I thought I was just applying it wrong, that's why I always have racoon eyes. But I after reading the reviews on here and switching for a better e/l I learned that it wasn't me but the eyeliner itself. It usually smudges within the hour I apply it. I stick to revlon colorstay from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sade529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of this liner in Espresso. I use it for my bottom eye lids only. I line my top lids with liquid liner. I like the softness of CG perfect point plus and it goes on easily. I don't have any smudging issues, but again, I don't use it to line my top lids. I think the espresso color is great for medium to darker skin tones because it's very mild and subtle for everyday use. I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by grapevines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It goes on smoothly and naturally and is a nice brown color (I have Espresso). However, it's so easily smudged. Also, since you don't sharpen this eyeliner, it never has a sharp, defined tip. I don't mind the negatives though since it's so darn cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by katienonterror

it fades away within two hours. not worth it.