April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jacknjewel

I bought this kit through Sephora and LOVE it! The powders take a bit getting use to but it is worth it. I like a more natural look so this is perfect. I have found that the best way to get full coverage is to apply a little at a time. Several layers achieve the best look vs. one heavy layer. I usually apply the medium layer first and then a layer of the medium beige. I have fair skin and these colors go on perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Tatika

this product is moderately good. I find it gives me a dewy look- though its not quite the dew i want, if you know what i mean. Its actually good for my acne. Ive fallen asleep wit it a few times, and when i wake up i see that my acne was "deactivated" by the BE somehow. I agree with everyone who says it looks natural, it does, and it doent take very long to apply either. another great thing is that i can layer the cverage I want. three bad points tho- i find it itchy sometimes, and when i hae a blemish that particularly red, it doesnt cover it as much as id like, and i find it doesnt stay on for more than 3 hours if i dont apply the mineral veil (which i often forget to do). Im not as crazy about it as id lke to be, but i dont hate it. Basically it does what i hoped it would do, it gives me a more polished look and a uniform skin tone. I would like to try other mineral foundations, loreals or physicians formla, since i do find the pricing a bit high. but thats just me being cheap, lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:24:00 AM More reviews by mmmkfc

Love the foundation & veil. They're amazing. Finally, a product that actually does what it claims to do. Definitely worth the money. I think it's safe to say that I'll continue to buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jam95630

This is a review for the mineral veil. It's the best!!! Every other powder i've used I have always had to reapply in the afternoon. The mineral veil seems to soak up my oils and I have never had to reapply it! The only bad thing about this product is the packaging. It's hard to swirl and tap with a big brush in such a little cap!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by rinari

I've never found liquid foundation that matches my skin tone well or feels comfortable, but now I use Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral Veil every day. I use #2 (light) foundation which is a perfect match for my light, yellow-undertone East Asian skin. Putting just a little powder in the cap before you swirl the brush is very important; if you apply too much at once, it magnifies fine lines. These products are very natural looking and are scent-free, important for my sensitive skin. Some days I just use the mineral veil, especially to set my under eye concealer (Loreal True Match, W123). The downsides are that they seem to fall off after a few hours, needing re-application, and so don't control shine particularly well during the day; and are too dry to wear during dry winters. But I still prefer this product to anything else I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lenab

A friend recommended this line to me and specifically the ineral Veil. I gave it a shot and perhaps I'm just not using it the right way, but I don't see a difference in my usual appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by CulbySM87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE all of the Bare Escentuals products! I have been using their foundations for over three years and I will NEVER again use another foundation!!! It's a concealer and foundation all in one--I apply a moisterizer, let it sit for a while to absorb into my skin & then apply the foundation all over.. Then I take a small brush, like an eyeshadow brush & apply the foundation over any blemishes I may have, & once again go over my entire face with another layer of foundation. ITS AWESOME!! everyone needs to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by osd121

After using the foundation and mineral veil for over a year now I am now switching. I love the coverage and overall 'polished' look of the finish, but the shiny and often pore manifying effect of the powder has led me to find a foundation elsewhere. This would be great if you don't have noticeable pores and dry skin since it gives such a dewy, healthy looking glow. Although the mineral viel does wonders, the whole process of putting this on before and after the minerals was such a waste of time...when i could still be warm in bed sleeping hehe...Thumbs up to the quality and coverage but a big no no for people with acne or oily skin...ie. me. If you're after mineral foundation check out glominerals which is now my new HG. They have a fantastic colour range and their minerals come in liquid form!! yeepee :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by baxter01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the starter kit from Sephora with the 2 colors, mineral veil, warmth, and skin-rev. First let me say the skin-rev stuff burned my face. Throw it out! I have fairly large pores, oily skin and fine lines. It did take some time to learn how to put this on. One tip for those near 40....Use a primer. I'm using DCH Velvet Primer but others would probably work. It keeps it from getting into the fine lines and pores. The coverage can be very good if you apply in layers. Don't try and get it all on at once. Once you get the hang of it the look is FAB! It also doesn't clog my pores and break me out. So my skin has improved and it looks flawless with proper application. I guess if you don't want to spend the time playing with how to put this on you should skip it but I LOVE the results you can get.

EDIT: I took one away because I got tired of using a primer to keep this out of my fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Kellmc78

When I first received my BE I was concerned that it wasnt going to be as great as everyone has said. But after a few applications, and practicing how to apply the makeup I love it. It did take some getting used to and at first I was using too much and it gave a caky appearance. But once you get the hang of it..it really is worth it. It makes my skin look flawless without the appearance of a ton of makeup...just so natural looking. I love this stuff, and will continue to use it for years to come..