Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 6/21/2006 2:53:00 PM

Major disappointment. Looks good for the first hour or two, then turns extremely shiny and wears off. It makes me look like I have wrinkles (I'm 25!) and creeps into my smile creases. After an hour or two, I have to take a LOT of product out of there...very embarassing! It's expensive to get the brushes too, and the packaging means a lot of spilled and wasted products. I really wanted to like this product and loved the commercials. It just has absolutely no staying power, no matter what the commercials say.

on 6/21/2006 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, I just have this to say if you want the greatest skin..BUFF, BUFF, LAYER AND LAYER! Great Stuff!

on 6/18/2006 9:11:00 PM

Bare Minerals had excellent coverage but made my skin itch something awful. I just wanted to scratch my face off. I do not have sensitive skin so I was shocked that this mineral makeup could cause my face to itch so badly.. I have now switched to Everyday Minerals and there is no more itch and it covers better if not the same as Bare Minerals for half the price.

on 6/15/2006 12:47:00 AM

I bought this kit through Sephora and LOVE it! The powders take a bit getting use to but it is worth it. I like a more natural look so this is perfect. I have found that the best way to get full coverage is to apply a little at a time. Several layers achieve the best look vs. one heavy layer. I usually apply the medium layer first and then a layer of the medium beige. I have fair skin and these colors go on perfectly.

on 5/23/2006 1:10:00 PM

this product is moderately good. I find it gives me a dewy look- though its not quite the dew i want, if you know what i mean. Its actually good for my acne. Ive fallen asleep wit it a few times, and when i wake up i see that my acne was "deactivated" by the BE somehow. I agree with everyone who says it looks natural, it does, and it doent take very long to apply either. another great thing is that i can layer the cverage I want. three bad points tho- i find it itchy sometimes, and when i hae a blemish that particularly red, it doesnt cover it as much as id like, and i find it doesnt stay on for more than 3 hours if i dont apply the mineral veil (which i often forget to do). Im not as crazy about it as id lke to be, but i dont hate it. Basically it does what i hoped it would do, it gives me a more polished look and a uniform skin tone. I would like to try other mineral foundations, loreals or physicians formla, since i do find the pricing a bit high. but thats just me being cheap, lol

on 5/7/2006 7:24:00 AM

Love the foundation & veil. They're amazing. Finally, a product that actually does what it claims to do. Definitely worth the money. I think it's safe to say that I'll continue to buy this product.

on 5/2/2006 11:13:00 AM

This is a review for the mineral veil. It's the best!!! Every other powder i've used I have always had to reapply in the afternoon. The mineral veil seems to soak up my oils and I have never had to reapply it! The only bad thing about this product is the packaging. It's hard to swirl and tap with a big brush in such a little cap!

on 4/21/2006 7:48:00 PM

I've never found liquid foundation that matches my skin tone well or feels comfortable, but now I use Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral Veil every day. I use #2 (light) foundation which is a perfect match for my light, yellow-undertone East Asian skin. Putting just a little powder in the cap before you swirl the brush is very important; if you apply too much at once, it magnifies fine lines. These products are very natural looking and are scent-free, important for my sensitive skin. Some days I just use the mineral veil, especially to set my under eye concealer (Loreal True Match, W123). The downsides are that they seem to fall off after a few hours, needing re-application, and so don't control shine particularly well during the day; and are too dry to wear during dry winters. But I still prefer this product to anything else I've tried.

on 3/24/2006 9:45:00 PM

A friend recommended this line to me and specifically the ineral Veil. I gave it a shot and perhaps I'm just not using it the right way, but I don't see a difference in my usual appearance.

on 2/19/2006 2:30:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE all of the Bare Escentuals products! I have been using their foundations for over three years and I will NEVER again use another foundation!!! It's a concealer and foundation all in one--I apply a moisterizer, let it sit for a while to absorb into my skin & then apply the foundation all over.. Then I take a small brush, like an eyeshadow brush & apply the foundation over any blemishes I may have, & once again go over my entire face with another layer of foundation. ITS AWESOME!! everyone needs to try it.