Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

The best product. Ever. Doesn't work well withtout he proper brushes. You really need a kabuki brush for your foundation. I've used this for a few months now and my skin is so much softer, I break out less, and is also less dry. I would get these odd patches of dry skin that makeup would stick to and look orange. With this stuff... gone. Quicker to put on then liquid. Expensive but worth it, it lasts a long time. The Veil is great and good to touch up with when needed.

Huge, major, unequivocal RAVE for me! I use BE in light now that it's fall, but sometimes mix in 2.3 in the summer. I've been using this for 2 years now, and recently tried to switch to Everyday Minerals (believing the hype on the boards). Sadly, EM didn't do half the things that BE does. The coverage, color match, and subtle sheen are unbeatable, and this stuff does not sweat off! If I have a blemish, all I need to do is pat some additional powder on it and voila...perfect. If I get a bit oily during the day I just run the brush over it again. I honestly believe a fully matte face looks aging on anyone over 25, and if this is applied properly, doesn't look too glowy at all. I also have found (during my experiments with other MMU brands) that those factors that make this so difficult to get right initially are exactly what makes it wear/cover so well once you do get it right. Bonus points are given for the fact that it calms my acne-prone, flakey, oily skin. Points taken off for the cheapo plastic sifters that always seem to crack around the rim for me. Overall, a winner. Never going back to bacteria-breeding-finger-staining liquid foundations!

Edit 12/23/11: I've long since moved on from this. AND, to liquids! I find the mineral foundations much too aging on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This definitely works better with a foundation powder under it. It makes my pores look smaller and kind of air brushes and sets things. Blend a lot and don't use too much. I do think that they could make the packaging a little bit easier to use.

Blemish hell...I don't know what they put in this stuff but my skin has never looked or felt worse! The sheen makes my pores look bigger than ever and they appear dirty and clogged. I feel itchy, dry and I am producing more oil than normal. This is terrible for anyone with oil prone, blackhead prone or sensitive skin despite the ad campaign. It will take 6 months to repair the damage this has done to my skin. What a rip off!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first used it it was great, but oh my gosh it is messy!! How do you keep it from going everywhere?

It does feel nice and light though. But I don't see a visible difference in my complexion. I still have breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love this product. i love how it feels when you put it on and how it feels afterwards. i really does feel light on my skin. i love the brushes and like when i really need coverage for my pimples and such, with a smooth clean surface, its soooo easy to apply and goes on smoothly. i can put as much as i want and it would look so cakey. i think it looks better over time, like it looks better later in the day. my skin is oily and i have breakouts. of course it cant cover the big bumps and such, nothing can, but it can cover the redness. and i actually fell asleep in it and it still felt good afterwards. i also use the skin reviver-upper thing and it really helps. it helped with my acne and it gave a smooth surface to apply more easily and i love it. with oily skin the mineral really helps that. iono if it made my pores look smaller, but it takes the shine away, and i love that. plus its fun to put on this stuff. i just get annoyed that like i have to keep tapping to get a lot out of the pots, but i know its better for me because sometimes i can go overboard.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. Why does everyone love this stuff so much? I have oily skin with large pores, am in my mid-thirties, and have tried everything, including this over-hyped junk. This does not give me any coverage over a regular powder, and worse, looks ashy and settles in my lines, making them more apparent. It seems to dry out my skin and make it look older! It also makes my pores more apparent and look worse. Also, the slight shimmer in it seems to be very unflattering on me, because it empasizes my dry areas and lines. Yuck.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm useless at makeup... At last a product that's foolproof, even for me.
For me, this really is as good as the hype. I look like me with even skin tone. Liquid foundation would always manage to find dry flakey skin I never knew existed. No more.
Easy, quick and reasonably long lasting too.
I'm done looking for foundation.

Major disappointment. Looks good for the first hour or two, then turns extremely shiny and wears off. It makes me look like I have wrinkles (I'm 25!) and creeps into my smile creases. After an hour or two, I have to take a LOT of product out of there...very embarassing! It's expensive to get the brushes too, and the packaging means a lot of spilled and wasted products. I really wanted to like this product and loved the commercials. It just has absolutely no staying power, no matter what the commercials say.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, I just have this to say if you want the greatest skin..BUFF, BUFF, LAYER AND LAYER! Great Stuff!