Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 8/23/2006 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first used it it was great, but oh my gosh it is messy!! How do you keep it from going everywhere?

It does feel nice and light though. But I don't see a visible difference in my complexion. I still have breakouts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love this product. i love how it feels when you put it on and how it feels afterwards. i really does feel light on my skin. i love the brushes and like when i really need coverage for my pimples and such, with a smooth clean surface, its soooo easy to apply and goes on smoothly. i can put as much as i want and it would look so cakey. i think it looks better over time, like it looks better later in the day. my skin is oily and i have breakouts. of course it cant cover the big bumps and such, nothing can, but it can cover the redness. and i actually fell asleep in it and it still felt good afterwards. i also use the skin reviver-upper thing and it really helps. it helped with my acne and it gave a smooth surface to apply more easily and i love it. with oily skin the mineral really helps that. iono if it made my pores look smaller, but it takes the shine away, and i love that. plus its fun to put on this stuff. i just get annoyed that like i have to keep tapping to get a lot out of the pots, but i know its better for me because sometimes i can go overboard.

on 7/8/2006 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. Why does everyone love this stuff so much? I have oily skin with large pores, am in my mid-thirties, and have tried everything, including this over-hyped junk. This does not give me any coverage over a regular powder, and worse, looks ashy and settles in my lines, making them more apparent. It seems to dry out my skin and make it look older! It also makes my pores more apparent and look worse. Also, the slight shimmer in it seems to be very unflattering on me, because it empasizes my dry areas and lines. Yuck.

on 6/30/2006 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm useless at makeup... At last a product that's foolproof, even for me.
For me, this really is as good as the hype. I look like me with even skin tone. Liquid foundation would always manage to find dry flakey skin I never knew existed. No more.
Easy, quick and reasonably long lasting too.
I'm done looking for foundation.

on 6/21/2006 2:53:00 PM

Major disappointment. Looks good for the first hour or two, then turns extremely shiny and wears off. It makes me look like I have wrinkles (I'm 25!) and creeps into my smile creases. After an hour or two, I have to take a LOT of product out of there...very embarassing! It's expensive to get the brushes too, and the packaging means a lot of spilled and wasted products. I really wanted to like this product and loved the commercials. It just has absolutely no staying power, no matter what the commercials say.

on 6/21/2006 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, I just have this to say if you want the greatest skin..BUFF, BUFF, LAYER AND LAYER! Great Stuff!

on 6/18/2006 9:11:00 PM

Bare Minerals had excellent coverage but made my skin itch something awful. I just wanted to scratch my face off. I do not have sensitive skin so I was shocked that this mineral makeup could cause my face to itch so badly.. I have now switched to Everyday Minerals and there is no more itch and it covers better if not the same as Bare Minerals for half the price.

on 6/15/2006 12:47:00 AM

I bought this kit through Sephora and LOVE it! The powders take a bit getting use to but it is worth it. I like a more natural look so this is perfect. I have found that the best way to get full coverage is to apply a little at a time. Several layers achieve the best look vs. one heavy layer. I usually apply the medium layer first and then a layer of the medium beige. I have fair skin and these colors go on perfectly.

on 5/23/2006 1:10:00 PM

this product is moderately good. I find it gives me a dewy look- though its not quite the dew i want, if you know what i mean. Its actually good for my acne. Ive fallen asleep wit it a few times, and when i wake up i see that my acne was "deactivated" by the BE somehow. I agree with everyone who says it looks natural, it does, and it doent take very long to apply either. another great thing is that i can layer the cverage I want. three bad points tho- i find it itchy sometimes, and when i hae a blemish that particularly red, it doesnt cover it as much as id like, and i find it doesnt stay on for more than 3 hours if i dont apply the mineral veil (which i often forget to do). Im not as crazy about it as id lke to be, but i dont hate it. Basically it does what i hoped it would do, it gives me a more polished look and a uniform skin tone. I would like to try other mineral foundations, loreals or physicians formla, since i do find the pricing a bit high. but thats just me being cheap, lol

on 5/7/2006 7:24:00 AM

Love the foundation & veil. They're amazing. Finally, a product that actually does what it claims to do. Definitely worth the money. I think it's safe to say that I'll continue to buy this product.