August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by whittiergal15

This is the best $30 I have ever spent on a makeup product. It makes my makeup last the entire day from 7am to 11PM (when I wash my fash for bed). I have oily skin as well and this makes my face matte the entire time I am wearing makeup, I never have to blot or reapply powder.It does have a strong chemical odor and the packaging is a little strange but the product is phenomenal. I will contiue to buy this product over and over again.

Update: The package becomes even more annoying once you start to finish up the product. It have to push the product out with all my strength and even then I have squeezed a large amount which went to waste. As far as the staying power it continues to hold my foundation but not always my blush and bronzer. So I probably will not repurchase this product in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer as YouTube make-up reviewer, Lisasz09 highly raved about it. On top of that, I felt more inclined to this primer since SPF is included in it. It's two things in one - what more can I ask for?

So I went ahead and bought this primer from a MAC counter. When I looked at the price and the amount of product, I was a little surprised. For $30 dollars and only 30 ML, I was turned off by it. I also felt like the product's container was a little odd. Nonetheless, that was the least important to me and more concerned about the actual product itself.

When applied to my face, I noticed that it absorbed after a few minutes. The consistency of this primer I feel is a hybrid between a silicone and lotion feel. I had to shake this product before squeezing it out of the tube because if not, it comes off watery and runny which I assumed is from the SPF. While this held my make-up (better than Smashbox's Photofinish), I felt that the end of the day, it left a greasy feel to my skin which I did not like.

I *TRIED* to like to product because I've always felt Lisasz09s raves are worth it, but I had to make an exception with this primer. I returned it and got Make Up For Ever's HD primer in Neutral, shade #0 instead from Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by browneyedgrl317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had just finished my bottle of Prep and Prime Skin, which I loved, but opted for this one since it has the SPF. What a waste, and I hardly find myself saying that when talking about products from MAC. It has a peculiar smell but, that isn't even what I had a problem with. It was somewhat thick, not the same consistency as the regular Prep and Prime, but I understand that that must be from the SPF. I also find myself having to use more than I would with the good old non-SPF one. At the end of the day when I first used it, I took off all my make-up and noticed dry spots on my face. At the same time I purchased this, I began using a new moisturizer, and I refused to blame my beloved MAC, so I stopped using the moisturizer. Days later and with continuous use of this wretched primer, my entire face feels so dry. I will definitely not re-purchase. In my opinion, I think the price was fair, exactly what you would expect. I wasn't to keen on the packaging though, I would have preferred to it be a pump. Not everyone has the same reaction as I had, but if you're planning on purchasing this, consider asking for a sample beforehand.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the SPF 50 and the texture feels very light. However, I agree with some of the reviews here that it may trigger break outs and smells like a tube of chemical.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Samantha1224

I am kinda torn with this one. For 30 bucks for an ounce this primer should make my pores disappear and I should not have to blot for at least 5 hours but that is not the case. I mean yeah it works but its no miracle. It feels heavy on my skin and if you dont let it dry for a long time it will ruin your makeup application. I really like the fact that it has SPF in it since my moisturizer does not but I dont feel like it works any better than the monistat anti-chaffing gel which is a fraction of the cost. The packaging sucks it feels like once i get close to the end of the tubeit will be nearly impossible to get all the product out. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm addicted this product. I have been using this for a year now and today I started my third tube. It works wonders for my oily skin! I usually put on my make up at 8am and the matte effect lasts for about 4 to 5 hours before I have to blot. That's under normal circumstances (working in a building with ac), now during the summer and considering I live in the Caribbean the effect lasts less, but it reduces the shine anyways. I think I can no longer live without my visage (and Blot Powder) ohhh and the SPF 50 is a plus! I wish it cost less though, minus one lippy for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin was SEVERELY damaged by a laser treatment. Since then, not only does it look bad (pigmentation, roughness, veins),but it is also so sensitive that most things I try make it burn and itch,especially sunblocks.I have been trying to use physical blockers, like titanium and zinc, but they only make my skin look even more wierd. Enter Mac Prep and Prime.This product does not cause any reactions, it protects my skin with a whopping amount of zinc,and it makes my makeup apply better and last longer. After hours of wearing this today,I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror,and it looked as if I had just applied makeup,only makeup usually does not look so smooth on my skin. What can I say? Will update,but so far, this product has performed miracles for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by gaelcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail product! I have super oily skin, especially in summer. For years, I've struggled to find a sunscreen that provides enough SFP without feeling heavy, gross and making me even oilier. This is it! It has one of the most effective physical barrier suncreens (zinc oxide) at a concentration that actually works. I prefer a physical barrier as it is gentler and doesn't degrade with exposure to sun. I apply this primer after my vitamin C serum, let it set while I dry my hair and then use a light dusting of power foundation on top. It really provides a smooth base, controls oil and protects my skin. After a summer of using this, most of my freckles and hyper-pigmentation are gone --proof of the SPF. And it doesn't break me out. The price seems a bit high but a bottle lasts for six months. When the bottle seems empty, I cut the end off to get at the rest of the product. There's a ton left. Easily enough for two weeks. Just keep the cut bottle in a zip lock bag. Packaging could be improved so you don't have to do this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

The packaging and the quantity you get suck but this stuff is great. I have really oily skin and use only powder foundations. This stuff creates a great blank canvas for powder foundations to cling to. And you can't beat the SPF. I look at it like it's a 2-in-1 product so I don't mind paying the price which is pretty high but comparable to other high-end primers. I layer it over a thin film of Acne.org's BP cream and so far my skin has remained clear and looks freshly made up all day without any touch ups. MAC got this one right.

UPDATE: Well the honeymoon lasted about two weeks with this product. I began getting whiteheads on my chin and around my nose. I think maybe this stuff isn't breathable enough. I will go back to Smashbox Photofinish Lite and try this again next summer when the SPF will really be handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lillygirl7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off this is very expensive for the amount of product you get. The tube is really small and sucks. I think that I waist a lot at the end because I can't get all the product out. That being said I LOVE this product and will pay the price because it's worth it. I have gone through 2 tubes so far. I have tried not using this and I just don't get the staying power and my pores show. This is a great product because it's 2in1 with the high spf. I just wish that it was bigger for the price. I for the first time in my life can wear products on my skin with a sheen or shimmer to look dewy/glowy because the prep n prime smooths out my skin and the shimmer doesn't settle into my pores. I am very acne prone and I have not a problem at all with this product. In fact this is the first spf product for my face that I haven't had a problem with. I will def repurchase for as long as they make this.