Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Absolutely vile smell - fake and chemical-like. Smelled like sickly fake grape fragrance, the thing they use to perfume kid's erasers or something equally synthetic. I didn't dare lick it. It was really oily and unlike the other balms I had (honey, original) and I felt like it smeared. Huge regret on my part since I had to ship across the world for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WHAT THE HECK....INGREDIENTS: sunflower seed oil * beeswax * coconut oil * castor oil * lanolin * comfrey root * pomegranate oil * sweet almond oil * anise oil * cassia oil * cinnamon leaf oil * clary sage oil * mandarin oil * tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (VitE) * rosemary leaf extract * carmine * fragrance..... I can't believe this crap that dried out my lips and had carmine in it...DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT CARMINE IS???look it up..it is dried up beetles/bugs that are red that are used for coloring. I mean I guess bugs are natural but hey that really gross. I'm not sure if they are still making this with carmine in it or not but that is disgusting and as consumers most people have no idea that we are putting things like this on our bodies and even our lips .I will never buy another one of their products again and haven't, what's next donkey doo disguised as something else in the ingredients and they will tell us its all natural.

I didn't care for this product at all. It doesn't deposit any color, doesn't have a very pleasant taste, the packaging is not great, and worst of all it gives almost no moisture! No good.

was expecting a lot from this, since there were so many raves about Burt Bee's lipbalms in general.

but nope, this didnt work for me. I feel it dries out my lips, which defeats the purpose. i always end the day with flakes on my lips. which doesnt happen when i dont use lipbalm!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on my 2nd tube. I'm normally into high-end department store brand only. But Burtsbee is one of my favourite nature ingrediants brand.

I've tried their radiance/naturally ageless products. I think Pomegranate does contain nature anti-aging properties... the downside is it took very long to see the actual improvement. Sort of like taking Chinese herbal medicines, you need to take triple the time to see its effect compare to chemical treatments.

This lip condition is no different, I love the scent, it moisture my lips, but doesn't give me an dramatically differences. I'll still rate it a 5 as its healthy and safe to use all-nature products.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is was one of the first products I tried from Burt's Bees (I also tried a lip shimmer in Peony and a Peach lip gloss at a same time, they came in a pack of 3) and I love it! This provides a light, natural looking red tint to my lips, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on tan skin. This lip balm lasts longer than any of my others, and when put under a lip gloss/lip stick, it makes them last longer, and my lips aren't dried out from the lip gloss/lip stick.

The only downside about this product is that it doesn't smell very good (Like most Burt's Bees products), and also that it's a tad bit expensive.

I personally think the not so amazing smell, and the price, are worth it, though. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of those products that make me want to buy it again, but at the same time it doesn't do much for me.
It gives your lips that 'stained' look because of the color of the balm, and it smells really good. But I found that I dried out my lips pretty quickly, unless I did my daily routine of ex foliating with sugar and petroleum jelly. If I didn't do my routine and just simply applied the balm, it dried my lips out very quickly.
I'd buy it again, but not for the idea that it'd keep my lips moisturized.

I've tried all the Burt's Bees lip balms and this one is by far their best! It smells really good and doesn't have a waxy feel like the other Burt's Bees lip balms do. This is also the first lip balm I've ever used that doesn't get all gunky by the corners of your mouth after wearing it for a few hours. I love this product and have repurchased it several times.

dont even bother with it. drys lips out and doesnt last long

I bought this because i love pomegranate. The smell is too sickly and fake. It doesn't taste good and it doesn't soothe or hydrate... Will not repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments