Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 12/11/2006 8:06:00 PM

I just started using this 2 weeks ago for my aging face with large pores on my nose and chin. Please note that I don't use foundation, I simply wanted that airbrushed look and am happy to report that it does indeed deliver! The Present comes packaged in a large tube and the consistency is rather thick and waxy. You need just need a minute amount and it sweeps away my large pores and mattifies my nose as if I powdered it. This tube will last quite a long time. No breakouts or any adverse reactions to date. Give it a try if you have skin like mine.

on 12/11/2006 7:28:00 PM

I really like this product. This does make my pores look smaller... and my makeup goes on better. I don't notice it making my makeup last longer, but thats ok. A little goes a long way, the more you put on, the less it works.

on 12/10/2006 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Had such high hopes, but what a disaster it was on my face! I know my skin need a bit of minerals to really look good because of some broken capillaries, but wow, putting on The Present didn't just not make my face look a bit better, it made it look awful! I tried to use in under my minerals, and it wasn't too bad. But, the second time I tried it, I realized it was making my skin feel kind of "yucky".

And worse, it broke me out -- the very first time a Philosophy skin item ever broke me out!!

This products seems to be ONLY for those with excellent skin.

on 12/3/2006 12:39:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this with the Nordstrom train case offer they had recently. It may just be me, but I don't see anything special about this product. I do wait the two minutes it says to before applying your foundation. I think this is supposed to help prevent the product from making your foundation not go one well. I do notice on some occasions when using The Present, my foundation can get cakey and smudgy. You know what I'm talking about? Moments when you feel like washing your face and applying your entire make up all over again, but you don't have time for that. Not sure if it's the Present, or if I over applied other products of my skincare regimen. Compared to Smashbox Primer, I definitely prefer Smashbox because it goes on smoother.

on 11/13/2006 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I never thought I would dig a primer but this really does the job for me. More than anything, it's really improved my skin's texture and appearance. It mattifies what's oily and keeps my makeup in place for 10+ hours (I can attest this with the blush that stays on my face). Maybe the formula is sensitive for some and that sucks, because I think this product has great potential. Instead of rubbing it onto my face, I take a pea size (that's it!) and dab it on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and sometimes my chin. Then I pat it into place, NOT rub. I wait 2+ minutes for it to set while getting ready and voila, makeup time. I used to dab it on my eyelids and it did an 'ok' job for me with eyeshadows. I still prefer UDPP. Nonetheless, I've gotten a lot of compliments from this. I wouldn't say it makes your face look flawless but it helps get it there. Just have a good powder or foundation to put on top. As you can see from this long review, I highly enjoy this a lot. Get yourself a tube!

on 11/12/2006 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is a must have for youre make-up bag.i love what this clear make up does to my skin.i put it on after my moisturizer in the morning.it makes my supernatural airbrush foundation go on like silk.it is fool proof.i dont know how i lived without this stuff.i am on my second one.it puts a flawless finish on youre face.since i have been using philosophy products i dont need to wear make up anymore.i can wear this clear make up with a little blush and lip gloss and i am good, i thought i would never do that but i do now.another 10 star product from philosophy...

on 11/10/2006 7:32:00 PM

I use it as a primer after my regular daytime moisturizer and prior to applying any foundation or powder. I squeeze just a pearl size amount and apply it to my cheeks and nose where my pores are more obvious. I just wait for about a minute to let it set. Then I pat on my foundation. The clear makeup actually blurs the pores, redness and fine lines that my foundation can't conceal. It doesn't control oil. So I still use powder to set my foundation. But this is way better than Clinique's Pore Minimizer (too drying and cakes up my makeup).

on 11/2/2006 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and figured I'd give it a try. I haven't been impressed with Philosophy products I'd tried previously, so I didn't have any expectations for The Present. I've tried quite a few primers; Smashbox, Sephora, Clarins, Prescriptives, Monistat. I like the Present the best. I couldn't believe it when I put it on. I have dry skin, and I moisturized first. Then put on a very small amount of The Present and waited the two minutes. I went back and looked in the mirror and my skin looked like I had foundation on already! My skin felt softer, looked smoother. The tone was more even, and it had a slight mattifying effect. On a good day, I can get away with only using The Present. What's even better, is that it feels light and non pore clogging (like Smashbox and Clarins did). I think The Present has actually helped my skin. I will be buying a full size when my sample runs out. But that wont be for a long time because you only need very little and the sample I received is very generous.

on 11/1/2006 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Skin: Dry

I got a sample of this primer and I tested it out for a day because I didn't want to use it any longer than that. It looks like white colored lotion with a hint of lavender scent. I initially had high hopes since I'm a fan of the Smashbox Primer and Lavender scented products. The Present makes made my complexion look better after application...felt almost moisturized. The instructions said to wait a full two minutes to allow the product to set/dry before applying your makeup. When the two minutes was up I was able to see the white whirls of product on my face. The product had dried eneven and did not leave a smooth surface like most Silicone Primers. I applied my foundation over the primer and the primer balled up and made my foundation blotchy and flaky. I would never bother with this product again. My skin looked much worse with this product on.

*Possibily better for someone with oily skin who's looking for a alternative to the silkiness of silicone based Primers.*

on 10/28/2006 8:50:00 AM

This is a wonderful product for people who want their skin to look nicer, but who don't want to use a bunch of makeup to achieve this goal. It doesn't provide any coverage, per se; it just kind of "blurs" whatever isn't perfect about your face. In other words, it's not going to magically cover a blemish, but it WILL keep that blemish from looking so glaringly obvious. It also provides a nice matte finish--attractive on its own, or as a smooth base for face makeup. The sales associate at the Philosophy counter told me that this product keeps bacteria from running rampant on your face, which should lead to fewer breakouts; I'm not sure if this is true, but it IS true that I break out a lot less when I use this product consistently. Thankfully, this is a product that works better the LESS you use: put any more than a pea-size amount on your face, and it will roll off in little pieces, making a lumpy mess. A little goes a long way with this one!