Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/13/2007 11:05:00 AM

I will never be without this product again!! A small amount goes a long way. It reduces the few wrinkles around my eyes and gives me a more 'awake' look! awesome product!

on 1/7/2007 3:49:00 PM

This product isn't perfect, but I like it all the same. It's a great moisturizer substitute in the morning, especially if you need something for shine-control during the day. It's not going to make your pores dissapear or anything, but it does make your skin somewhat smoother and is a great base for foundation. I have re-purchased this.

on 1/4/2007 3:54:00 PM

I use this every morning under my mineral or MAC foundation. It is great for combo skin because it mattifies, but doesn't over-dry my cheek'jaw area. My makeup stays on all day and I only "powder my nose" once or twice the whole day, rather than every hour. The price for the amount of product is way better than most other primers (smashbox, anna sui, etc.) and on days that I don't wear makeup, I wear it alone and my skin looks evened out. One warning, it has lavender oil which can be irritating to some skin and has a strong smell.

on 12/11/2006 8:06:00 PM

I just started using this 2 weeks ago for my aging face with large pores on my nose and chin. Please note that I don't use foundation, I simply wanted that airbrushed look and am happy to report that it does indeed deliver! The Present comes packaged in a large tube and the consistency is rather thick and waxy. You need just need a minute amount and it sweeps away my large pores and mattifies my nose as if I powdered it. This tube will last quite a long time. No breakouts or any adverse reactions to date. Give it a try if you have skin like mine.

on 12/11/2006 7:28:00 PM

I really like this product. This does make my pores look smaller... and my makeup goes on better. I don't notice it making my makeup last longer, but thats ok. A little goes a long way, the more you put on, the less it works.

on 12/10/2006 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Had such high hopes, but what a disaster it was on my face! I know my skin need a bit of minerals to really look good because of some broken capillaries, but wow, putting on The Present didn't just not make my face look a bit better, it made it look awful! I tried to use in under my minerals, and it wasn't too bad. But, the second time I tried it, I realized it was making my skin feel kind of "yucky".

And worse, it broke me out -- the very first time a Philosophy skin item ever broke me out!!

This products seems to be ONLY for those with excellent skin.

on 12/3/2006 12:39:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this with the Nordstrom train case offer they had recently. It may just be me, but I don't see anything special about this product. I do wait the two minutes it says to before applying your foundation. I think this is supposed to help prevent the product from making your foundation not go one well. I do notice on some occasions when using The Present, my foundation can get cakey and smudgy. You know what I'm talking about? Moments when you feel like washing your face and applying your entire make up all over again, but you don't have time for that. Not sure if it's the Present, or if I over applied other products of my skincare regimen. Compared to Smashbox Primer, I definitely prefer Smashbox because it goes on smoother.

on 11/13/2006 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I never thought I would dig a primer but this really does the job for me. More than anything, it's really improved my skin's texture and appearance. It mattifies what's oily and keeps my makeup in place for 10+ hours (I can attest this with the blush that stays on my face). Maybe the formula is sensitive for some and that sucks, because I think this product has great potential. Instead of rubbing it onto my face, I take a pea size (that's it!) and dab it on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and sometimes my chin. Then I pat it into place, NOT rub. I wait 2+ minutes for it to set while getting ready and voila, makeup time. I used to dab it on my eyelids and it did an 'ok' job for me with eyeshadows. I still prefer UDPP. Nonetheless, I've gotten a lot of compliments from this. I wouldn't say it makes your face look flawless but it helps get it there. Just have a good powder or foundation to put on top. As you can see from this long review, I highly enjoy this a lot. Get yourself a tube!

on 11/12/2006 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is a must have for youre make-up bag.i love what this clear make up does to my skin.i put it on after my moisturizer in the morning.it makes my supernatural airbrush foundation go on like silk.it is fool proof.i dont know how i lived without this stuff.i am on my second one.it puts a flawless finish on youre face.since i have been using philosophy products i dont need to wear make up anymore.i can wear this clear make up with a little blush and lip gloss and i am good, i thought i would never do that but i do now.another 10 star product from philosophy...

on 11/10/2006 7:32:00 PM

I use it as a primer after my regular daytime moisturizer and prior to applying any foundation or powder. I squeeze just a pearl size amount and apply it to my cheeks and nose where my pores are more obvious. I just wait for about a minute to let it set. Then I pat on my foundation. The clear makeup actually blurs the pores, redness and fine lines that my foundation can't conceal. It doesn't control oil. So I still use powder to set my foundation. But this is way better than Clinique's Pore Minimizer (too drying and cakes up my makeup).