September 2, 2014 | 1798 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 1:54:00 AM More reviews by JessTooTall

HG. I will not buy any other cream shadows--they all seem to crease and I just don't have that problem with Revlon. I own almost every pallette plus a 10 pan. I don't do anything different with these than I do with any other shadow. Even MAC pwdrs crease on me. I have oily skin. These are the only creams I will purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

Nice colors, decent price. But, they just creease like mad and don't last. That is a waste of $$.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never tried Revlon's regular pressed powder eyeshadows because there isn't a very large selection of colors, and I like colors. I bought this cream eyeshadow instead because it offers more colors, and a lot of them are bright and bold. I would apply it with my fingers, or sometimes with a Q-tip when I didn't feel like getting colored cream on my fingers. It goes on smoothly and feels really good, and it doesn't feel sticky like so many other cream eyeshadows do, which is one of the reasons I dislike them so much.

The main thing I dislike about cream eyeshadows is that no matter what you do, you cannot safely wear *any* other eye makeup with it. No eyeliner, no mascara, nothing. The Revlon cream eyeshadow is no exception. If you do, you'll discover much to your horror that cream eyeshadows enjoy nothing more than smudging your other eye makeup all over the place. I've tried other cream eyeshadows, as well as the Revlon, in conjunction with several different kinds of eye makeup and have had the same result every time. The only differences I could see were that some products took a little longer to smear than others.

Another problem I've always had, and have seen others have, when wearing cream eyeshadow, is that it eventually works its way around your eyelid until it goes into hiding in your lid creases. Again, the Revlon is just as sneaky. It doesn't stay put very well, even of you apply eyeshadow base and/or face powder or regular pressed powder eyeshadow over it. If you do think to outsmart cream shadow by putting some sort of powder over it such as face powder or pressed eyeshadow, the cream will give you a nasty lesson in humility by caking up and making your eyes feel gunky and gross. I really don't know why cream eyeshadow is still sold.

Don't get me wrong, cream eyeshadow is gorgeous-looking when worn. It's glossy look and bold color is very attractive. If you are going out somewhere for a short period of time, say a movie or dinner somewhere, then cream eyeshadow is good for such things becuse it will probably make it through the short event. If you're going out somewhere for a longer amount of time, say shopping or to Six Flags, then I strongly reccommend you not wear cream eyeshadow unless you plan to keep a vigilant watch over it, and touch it up when neccessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

I really love the color combinations of these. I have Moonlit Jewels, Seashells and a 10 pack that I think was called Romance. The colors are gorgeous and while they do crease if you put it in the crease I still use them often as highlighters, for inner corners, and as liners. Another good way to use them is as a base for powder e/s. I think putting a powder e/s on top seals the cream and makes the powder colors more intense. Very easy to blend the various colors together and the effects are gorgoues.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJayne

I got this over the holiday season in a limited-edition palette of ten colors ("warm and toasty") that caught my eye in Target. The colors are beautiful, nice and sheer, but don't last very long. I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2004 2:50:00 AM More reviews by dancequeen730

i dont care much for these. the colors are horrible and i find i can only use one or two out the four colors in the palette. they also crease horribly and dont blend evenly. i prefer maybelline tube shimmery shadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 11:18:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a set of these a while back (Va va va Bloom) and unfortunately they creased badly and had no staying power at all. I don't have particularly oily lids and I use a base but I still find them just plain messy. The only way I can wear these is along my lashline or on my browbone. Applying these to my crease is just asking for touble.
Truly a pity. The colour combinations are really pretty and I have been tempted to try them again (thinking "maybe they've changed"...) but I'm gunshy.
They're also pretty pricey for a drugstore line. It's hard to spend $10 in the name of experimentation for 4 tiny pots of creame e/s...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2004 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jesusforbuddha

These shadows crease horrible, even with foundation and powder. The shades are really pretty, but this product is almost unusable. After about 3 hours this stuff ends up halfway down my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really, really want to wear this and am hoping that someone can tell me how. Because the colors are so, so pretty, and that's the only reason it got 2 lippies instead of 1. I bought the quad in 'skinlights'. It consists of a pale apricot shade, a rosier golden shade, a neutral white shade and a darker brown shade. The first time I applied this, I applied with nothing under it. It creased within 5 minutes (no joke!). So, I tried putting it over a primer -- crease city. Tried foundation under it, still creased. In fact, I find that when I apply this, I can't even get to the end of applying all my makeup without seeing it crease before I'm done! Is there some "Revlon secret" that I'm not privy to? I don't even think I have oily eyelids, but with this shadow I definately do! If anyone can tell me how to apply this so it STAYS, I'd be grateful. I can't buy this again because of it and that's sad, because the colors in this line are so, so pretty!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by focus1979

I got a very neutral palette "Skinlight"---Wonderful colors, but it doesn't have ANY staying power...it creased very easily.
I won't buy it again even though I like their color combinaision a lot.