October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far one of my favorite gold highlighters, adds a great glow and goes with any color blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Albatross is a gold toned white highlighter packaged in the signature NARS rubber casing which gets filthy so easily!! I initially used this on the top of my cheekbones and as a brow highlight, but felt a bit meh about it. It was good as the shimmer isn't disco ball chunky glitter, but it emphasised my pores. However last week whilst playing around with make up I applied this BEFORE my blush to my cheek area and then applied my blush on top - WOW!!! My cheeks had a beautiful lit from within glow which was very subtle and didn't emphasise my pores. It has gone from being a product which languished unloved in my make up stash to a permanent addition to my everyday make up bag! If I ever run out I will happily repurchase. For reference I am a cool toned PPP(paler than MAC NW15)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by littlemoonbeamm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is amazing! One tiny sweep on both cheeks can make you look like you're glowing and that you got 9+ hours of sleep. I will continue to repurchase this amazing item but since a little bit goes a long way, I'll probably have this for a while! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw Xtina's highlights on the MTV movie awards and had to have a complete highlight. I am in love! So much that I want to marry this product..lol! It really brings my foundation to life! I am not fond of matte finishes but with my oily skin matte is the best option if I want my MU to last throughout the day. WIth this product it takes that matte look and toss it. I get a glow that brightens up my face. A little goes a long way and the more I blend the better and more natural it looks. I gave PQ 4 lippies because I don't think this product should have a mirror..its pointless to me and it only adds to what it cost to make the product which hits me in the wallet.I returned MAC's Marine Life for this and I couldn't be happier. I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

I absolutely love this product! It's such a gorgeous highlighter! It doesn't leave any harsh edges which I love! It is shimmery but not "glittery" or "sparkly". It really creates a very beautiful, luminous effect. One of my favorite Nars purchases.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

I lollygagged in purchasing this. I've always loved Nars blushes, but was overall skeptical of the value of a highlighter and their products don't come cheap! This is quickly becoming an HG staple though, I can't add much that hasn't already been raved about here. It imparts such a gorgeous, subtle glow to your skin and adds such beautiful dimension. It's very pearly in the pan (!), so be sure to use a light hand and a good brush. This is absolutely the type of product one can go overboard with, and the disco-ball look is never appropriate. But it does wonders to brighten your face and pull your makeup together -- though you can very easily wear it alone too, of course. Will be using the hell out of it this spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been missing out for a long time! I was never one to buy many highlighters... I'd buy blush, bronzer... even highlight my eyes until I discovered this! WOW! To think I was trying to buy the perfect foundation to give me a glow but really it was Albatross I needed!
I use this primarily on the top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and in the inner corners of my eyes and it really does give me that glow! It makes a flat dull foundation come to life. Its a very subtle golden sheen... not so noticeable indoors but when you go outside and the sun hits those areas... its gorgeous! I even use it on the top of my shoulders and collarbone when I have a tan I want to show off. Its easy to overdose on, as Im very fair... NC20 and NC15 in winter- When I first applied this- I didnt notice so much (indoors) so I layered on too much and looked in the sun to see pure gold on my face- oops! A little goes a long way... Ive mastered the amount I need so its all good. Its meant to be suble though- Ive used a few other highlighters that ended up being so obvious and excentuated every pore in my face- but this doesnt. It just leaves a light sheen or glow on the areas you apply so you cant tell "you put a highlighter on" or if you just have fresh glowing skin.
Honestly,its worth the price. Its the one highlighter you need in your stash and it lasts forever. Yes, I'd repurchase but I dont see when I would use this up so it may get lost before I'd have to use it all up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I am NC20 and love the glow it gives me. It looks white/transparent but It is really golden and gives a golden glow. I have redness so I always look for products more to the yellow side to give me that Golden Glow. Love love it, give it a chance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW this product is amazzzingg. I've wanted it forever but held out because of the price but finally gave in and I'm so glad I did. It gives my cheeks a beautiful gorgeous golden glow that you can't even tell there's any make up on. I got SO many compliments on my skin the first time I worse this. Lovely make up well worth the price just wish I had bought it sooner. I have medium skin tone and it worked very well, didn't look fake at all. I put this above my blusher and on my brow bones and it worked very well for my nose too. Overall this is a must have product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter for the cheeks. It creates a beautiful gold sheen and looks like it's coming from your own skin. It reminds me of a wedding glow--the way you want to look while you dance. It's easy to blend and work with, and it's great for special occasions.