July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by bebe031403

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after seeing that this was one of instyle's best mascara, i decided to buy it. they didnt have the black one (out of stock they said, I dont know why). It was $30 including taxes so i assumed this would be a GREAT mascara. I have long lashes to start with (thanks revitalash) and is currently using Prescriptive False eyelashes mascara. but based on their advertisement this is the best.. so i got the indigo noir (blue) one. the packaging is what you would expect from Chanel, classy. the product however SUCKS! it was ok to apply, didnt clump but didnt do anything for the length, volume nor curl... i could have gotten a drugstore brand and would have gotten way better results. anyway, it was already flaking but midday and i was so disappointed... i returned it the following day.. i will not buy this nor recommend anyone to spend that much money for something that really really sucks...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by reneeg323

Worst mascara I have ever used. I had been using Lancome and switched to Covergirl which gave me excellent results. No clumping, lasting power, easy to apply. I bought the Chanel when buying some other Chanel products and I am so disappointed. I have generally been pleased with the Chanel products I have used which include eyeshadows, foundation and skin products. There is nothing about this masacara, sadly, to recommend. It does glide on but it clumps like mad and has absolutely no staying power. Save your money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations of this product and they were not met. It doesn't really lengthen my lashes, nor does it thicken them as much as I would have expected. It glides on smoothly but it doesn't keep my lashes separate, so it appears that I have fewer lashes than I actually do. Not a terrible product, but in my opinion, it is not worthy of the hype or the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Franke312

Since I started wearing makeup over 15 years ago, I have been buying L'oreal mascara and refusing department store brands (I buy dept store for everything else). Lancome is consistently rated highly for the mascaras and since it's the same company, I didn't see any reason to pay more money, especially for something that you are forced to throw out in a few months. BUT I got a sample of Inimitable and I was blown away! Serendipitously, I had a makeup trial with an independent makeup artist at Nordstrom and it was interesting to watch which products she chose to use. She beelined for this stuff!! I decided to treat myself and just bite the bullet. My mom ran out and got some too! I would recommend that people try to sample more expensive things- it is true that everyone is different- they wouldn't have so many choices if there was one HG for everybody. ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by kajoyce1

Inimitable? Possibly, but this mascara is awfully similar to Maybelline Define-A-Lash, only it is considerably more expensive and it flakes. I'm extremely disappointed. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by asaphia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've seen lots of mixed feedback on this mascara so far, but for me, it looks like it's heading to be my personal HG. I think the mixed response is probably due to the fact that I really do think, despite what each different mascara claims to do out on the market right now, it all depends on your own natural lashes. And what your personal preference is, of course.

As for me, I have typically short Asian lashes. They don't point stick straight downwards like some, luckily, it's a mix of straight and slight curl, but because it's short, it's nothing outstanding. In terms of preference, I spent my teenage years wanting thickness, length, volume, everything, because that's was the epitome (still is) of lash/mascara cool. But now, I'm over the whole fake, outstandingly-thick lash look, and all for mascara that just enchances your natural lashes. After all, there are so many good quality false lashes out these days if you want that va-va-voom, catwalk set of lashes.

I've only used a sample of Inimitable so far, and we all know that sometimes samples differ from the full size product. But what I have been using has been pretty impressive so far. It's been almost 3 months, so time for it to go soon, but even now it's not clumpy and dry in the tube, on the brush, or most importantly, on my lashes. The brush is the best I've encountered in the recent break from your traditional bristles that every makeup company is going into. It's soft, perfectly spaced out, and easy to use. There's no gloopy messiness here; just a few clean strokes and my lashes look darker, fuller and softer, the epitome of sophistication that Chanel always embodies. And while I've never believed mascara will actually curl your lashes - leave that to the curler - Inimitable is the closest thing I've come to in terms of curl/lift. On a casual day, I don't even bother with a curler.

Being Chanel, of course it doesn't come cheap, and we all know mascara is an interesting product when it comes to price, given that you really should only use it for about 3 months. But I personally want full and soft lashes that look enhanced yet natural at the same time. I love how Inimitable spreads my lashes, not clump them; lengthens without dragging it out in little dry flakes at the ends; lasts without flaking all over the place (and we Asian girls always have trouble with smudging and flaking!)

If you believe in splurging for quality for your lashes, then I definitely recommend Chanel Inimitable Mascara.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by alegnagogo

Wayyy overrated! I hated this masacara. Thank God I only had a sample! It flaked on me within minutes and didn't add any length to my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very overrated. It dries out fast and doesn't hold a curl. It didn't do anything special for my lashes. It's a waste of your money, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by girlsam47

This stuff does exactly what it says it will: volumize, lengthen, curl and separate. Plus, the color is super-rich and it doesn't smudge. The packaging is luxe and fabulous. A worthwhile splurge for mascara devotees...I'm a convert!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It is by far the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my short and sparse eyelashes look like I actually have long thick lashes. I will purchase this until they stop making it.