Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 2/1/2008 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this mascara, i was using the armani maestro and ran out so i decided to try something else. This mascar curls and lengthens and makes your lashes look plump. i usually dont have to curl my lashes when i use this mascara and it looks great. and there are no clumps everytime i use it its great and worth the money. ive gone through maybe 50 tubes of drugstore brand mascaras over the years and i know people always say theres no difference, but there really is when you compare it to the chanel mascara.

on 1/31/2008 11:05:00 PM

On me this mascara is not really thickening (but I'm not sure if Chanel reps say it should be) - it lengthens a bit and gives a nice looking definition to my lashes separating them nicely without clumping. I still prefer my Lancome for more spectacular and dramatic look but this one I'll go to every time I want an innocent natural look. I might purchase again, but I'm not sure as I like to try out new mascaras and Lancome is still my staple.

on 1/21/2008 9:41:00 PM

This is the first Chanel mascara I have tried and I am really disappointed. A Chanel makeup artist used this on me and it looked great but of course when I try using it myself it is horrible and I have been using mascara daily for years. The brush is too flexible and wobbly, this might work for some but for me it didn't coat my lashes very well. It held a curl nicely but that was about it, it is a very average mascara. I think I am going to try Chanel Instant Lash next based on reviews here.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NOT BAD AT ALL...I really think this made my lashes look FAB. But i remember it was pricey and went really fast! LIKE FAST.NOt the most dramatic eyes I have ever seen...but very nice. I think all women should try this mascara..won 2007 CEW Beauty Award too!

on 1/21/2008 11:53:00 AM

I AM A MASCARA JUNKIE.

If I was stranded on a desert island, the three prodcuts I'd bring with me are mascara, lip balm and sunscreen. That being said, I have tried probably 3/4 of the mascaras out there in the 15 years I've been wearing the stuff. Everything from Maybelline to Lancome to L'Oreal to Dior. One thing I've noticed is that no single mascara works on everyone--my best friend swears by Lancome's mascaras, I can't stand the stuff. Thismay explain the mixed reviews of Inimitable.

With these two premises in mind, I have to say I adore this mascara! I didn't at first. I bought my first tube for my wedding in 2006. I was going for a smoky look, complete with Shu Umeura false lashes, and though it was only OK. In the end I used my constant, my standard, L'Oreal's Voluminous.

HOWEVER, about 3 months later, I ran out of the Voluminous. Before going back to the Inimitable, I first turned to a tube of Lancome I had laying around and hated it. Being that I had paid $30+ for this stuff, I decided it would be wasteful not to at least give it a second shot. Thank god I did-- I loved it! Here's what I found:

a) It never runs under my bottom lashes when the rain is splashing towards me--though a good cry will make any mascara go south---this one included.

b) It never clumps up--I don't even use a lash/eyebrow brush after application. CAVEAT: But this only works if you wipe the brush on the to lip of the tube as you're pulling the wand out. Otherwise it too much ends up on the bristles and it does clump.

c) The cost is prohibitive. If you don't love mascara---a lot---I doubt you're going to give this one a whirl.

d) It seems to dry out quicker than other mascaras. Not sure why.

Overall, a 4 out of 5. I will continue to purchase it, but because of the cost and "drying out" factor, I still keep the Voluminous close by!

on 1/17/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate this mascara. I get clumpy spidery looking lashes, wiping the brush off first seems to help but I hate thinking about all the wasted product with what this costs. For some reason I liked the sample of it I tried but hate the full size version.

on 1/17/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

after seeing that this was one of instyle's best mascara, i decided to buy it. they didnt have the black one (out of stock they said, I dont know why). It was $30 including taxes so i assumed this would be a GREAT mascara. I have long lashes to start with (thanks revitalash) and is currently using Prescriptive False eyelashes mascara. but based on their advertisement this is the best.. so i got the indigo noir (blue) one. the packaging is what you would expect from Chanel, classy. the product however SUCKS! it was ok to apply, didnt clump but didnt do anything for the length, volume nor curl... i could have gotten a drugstore brand and would have gotten way better results. anyway, it was already flaking but midday and i was so disappointed... i returned it the following day.. i will not buy this nor recommend anyone to spend that much money for something that really really sucks...

on 1/15/2008 9:48:00 AM

Worst mascara I have ever used. I had been using Lancome and switched to Covergirl which gave me excellent results. No clumping, lasting power, easy to apply. I bought the Chanel when buying some other Chanel products and I am so disappointed. I have generally been pleased with the Chanel products I have used which include eyeshadows, foundation and skin products. There is nothing about this masacara, sadly, to recommend. It does glide on but it clumps like mad and has absolutely no staying power. Save your money!

on 1/13/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had high expectations of this product and they were not met. It doesn't really lengthen my lashes, nor does it thicken them as much as I would have expected. It glides on smoothly but it doesn't keep my lashes separate, so it appears that I have fewer lashes than I actually do. Not a terrible product, but in my opinion, it is not worthy of the hype or the price tag.

on 1/10/2008 9:27:00 AM

Since I started wearing makeup over 15 years ago, I have been buying L'oreal mascara and refusing department store brands (I buy dept store for everything else). Lancome is consistently rated highly for the mascaras and since it's the same company, I didn't see any reason to pay more money, especially for something that you are forced to throw out in a few months. BUT I got a sample of Inimitable and I was blown away! Serendipitously, I had a makeup trial with an independent makeup artist at Nordstrom and it was interesting to watch which products she chose to use. She beelined for this stuff!! I decided to treat myself and just bite the bullet. My mom ran out and got some too! I would recommend that people try to sample more expensive things- it is true that everyone is different- they wouldn't have so many choices if there was one HG for everybody. ;-)

Popular Mascaras