Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 12/9/2008 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tend to sweat like crazy sometimes (and I''m not exaggerating) even when I'm just sitting around and not being active at all so a good antiperspirant is a necessity for me. I've been using this for a couple of weeks. The first week, this worked like a charm. It kept all of the sweat away and I was happy. But after a week, it became inconsistent..sometimes it would work great and other times, it didn't work at all and I would sweat like someone sprayed water on my pits. I also hate the fact that you're only supposed to apply this at night. I usually shower at night but when I do decide to shower in the morning, it don't work as well because I suppose the water would rinse off the antiperspirant. I tried to tweak it by applying it after the morning showers too but that didn't help either. It really s.ucks to restrict myself to night showers due to this. But even then, sometimes the anti-perspirant just doesn't work period even when I don't shower in the morning and only use it at night. I heard that there's an A.M. version but I doubt it will work if I was sweating all night while I was tossing adn turning in bed and may not have time to shower in the morning before application? I need something that I can apply any time of day. I also started getting small itchy bumps recently..not on my armpits but the back of my arm, right by the pits so I need to stop using this asap and find something else. I don't know what to do anymore..I've tried almost everything out there including Secret Clinical. I wonder if surgery or botox is the only true solution. This is worth a try but do it at your own risk...it seems to irritate many ppl's skin.

on 12/5/2008 10:18:00 PM

Used it while I was in high school, stopped using it and never needed it again.

on 11/22/2008 9:25:00 AM

I rate this product a 5 because it actually works re: controlling sweat. However, it does have its drawbacks. Applying at night is a PITA and so is waiting for it to dry (hello cool setting on my blowdryer!). It's very watery so you have to be very careful applying. Also, it will bleach cloth as I now have a bleached out spot on my sheets because I stupidly applied this while sitting in my bed one night and a drop fell on my sheets. You want to make sure that you leave the bottle standing upright because the roll-on is kinda leaky. If you take off the cap after it not being upright, you have to be careful that the errant liquid doesn't get on anything (that's how my sheets got stained!).

The first time I used it, I got the itchiness that others describe. It was so bad that it was difficult for me to get to sleep. The next time I applied it, I was careful to apply sparingly and I didn't get the itchiness. After reading everyone else's reviews, I have avoided any time close to having shaved.

Certain Dri says that it is safe not to sweat in your armpits, because your sweat will be dispersed elsewhere. That is one of the strange things about using this. In the summer when it's in the 90's with high humidity, my armpits won't sweat when I use this but my arms sweat more which feels odd and takes some getting used to.

Despite all these "difficulties", Certain Dri works. I still use a regular deodorant in the morning, though, because it is weird to me not to have any scent there. The combination of the two makes me able to confidently raise my arms up on a hot dance floor and know that I will smell as fresh as if I had come out of the shower! Love it!

on 11/13/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely amazing! I am in high school and this product basically saved my life. I learned about it through MUA, and thought I'd give it a try! The best $5.00 I've ever spent! The first day I used it there was an amazing difference. I had no sweat stains even after all day! I am the girl who could sweat through a sweater in 2 hours, while sitting and doing nothing. Like it has been said in other reviews, if you've shaved recently it will sting pretty bad and then itch but that is totally worth it for the results it gives. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I don't plan on stopping!

on 11/8/2008 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has really helped me. Keeps me drier than anything else I've tried. I've found that after applying it, I stand in front of a fan to dry it and that totally eliminates the itchy feeling I get otherwise. I use it after showering with no problems if I use this technique. For me, it works for about 3 days. Will definitely repurchase. Oh, I took off a lippie because the roller does leak sometimes but the product works so well, I can definitely overlook that.

on 10/26/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product for years. It is really really effective for combating wetness. I suffered for years with sweating even during the winter until someone recommended this. I have used it enough to only have to use it occasionally. I now use it like once every 2 weeks in the fall and winter and 2-3 times a week during the summer. It can sting if you use it on freshly washed skin or use it after shaving. The bottle also lasts forever. I still use a regular deoderant during the day since this only helps with wetness and not odor. I will never live without this product.

on 10/21/2008 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

After consulting MUA, I decided to try Certain Dri. I apply every other day, 2-3 small swipes on each armpit - on non-shaving days (however, have put it on several hours after shaving and it did itch for about 15 minutes and got a little red, redness gone by morning though). When it's hot, the bottle seems leaky - don't know why.

It works - my shirts smell like I haven't even worn them - I do use the Fresh Sugar rollon in the morning.

I have found the back of my neck to get extremely sweaty - but since I'm perimenopausal - it could be due to that - but my pits are dry and can lift my arms in confidence!

Thank you MUA....

on 10/15/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I, too, had a terrible reaction to this product. I have NEVER had sensitive skin (especially on my body), but within minutes of using this product (as directed), I begin to itch & burn unbearably. If I don't immediately wash it off, then my whole body turns beet red. It's unfortunate because I really do find this to be one of the most effective antiperspirants out there, but it really does seem to be a toss up whether or not you can use it. Regular antiperspirants do not help me at all (even at 20%+) but Arrid Extra Dry Cream (it looks like it comes in a shoe polish container!) keeps me super dry, smell-proof, and doesn't irritate. If you have problems with Certain Dri, try that.

Be careful of this stuff. I used this and it made me itch and burn like crazy, and it caused giant painful lumps to appear. I went to my doctor and it had irritated me so bad , I had a massive infection! I only used it 2-3 days. The pain was so bad I had to have 2 pain killers and was bed ridden for 2 days. BE careful!!!

on 9/24/2008 11:56:00 PM

works awesome. makes my armpits not wet anymore. i find i forget to use deodorant now and i don't smell bad if i do. will purchase again for sure