August 20, 2014 | 1428 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can tell the make-up is good, and probably a solution to my foundation problems (I have very oily skin and foundation melts off by lunchtime), but I cannot find a match. I've ordered sample kit upon sample kit, I've mixed and mixed and mixed, but I just cannot get a good match (I'm probably NC20). The powders are either too white and chalky, or too dark and get darker with break-through shine.

I'm in absolute awe of women who get mineral make-up right. I don't know how they do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I had gotten the sample kit shipped fast in the mail. I got fairly light & fairly light neutral. I got both colors in intensive & fairly light neutral in matte because of all the rave reviews on makeupalley (loveyous!) . the product was a good cover. I'm trying it again today because I needed to use powder (pressed) afterward because my skin was so glowy and shiney. I think I moisturziered too much. this stuff has a great moisture-rich formula, but it might be breaking me out. oh I hope not. I'm going to try it again today a little differently and see what happens. still don't have a primer, but I use baby powder sometimes and usually my liquid fades into this nasty mess & when I apply my babypowder you see the nasty lines from my foundation and all these dry patches but with Everyday Minerals it went on smooth and no dry patches, just perfectness. it didn't budge through a whole movie with friends, dinner, or late night picture taking. which was 9 hrs? amazing. loved it. btw; I'm an NC25

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mineral makeup! Over the past 7 years, I have spent more than I would like to admit on mineral makeups and foundations/powders. The search is over. Thank God for makeup alley, because that is how I discovered everyday minerals. This stuff makes my skin VERY smooth and the color selection is amazing. The matte is perfect in my opinion. Try the free samples. It is worth it to find the right shade and formula for such amazing looking skin! I get full coverage, yet it is natural looking. Best of all, the samples arrived quickly. I got my free samples on a Friday, wore them all weekend, ordered my full sizes on Monday, and on Friday they were waiting on me when I got home!!!! One week turnaround is not bad. I wore this makeup to work all day, then to graduate school all night. When I got home, my makeup still looked great, and by that time I had been wearing it 14 hours. Now I am trying all of their blushes. They also have a fabulous kabuki brush that is really inexpensive just like the rest of this line. I think it is very cool that this company will always give you a free sample kit with every order. Try it....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I held off on writing a review of this for a few weeks. I've tried mineral makeup before and was initially pleased, only to abandon it. BM made me look flawless, like a porcelain doll -- for about 2 hours, at which point I became a shiny mess. I wrote off mineral makeup, saying it just wasn't for me.

But after hearing recommendations from several friends and reading the raves on here, I decided to give EM a go. I ordered my samples and was pleased. The prices were so low, so I opted for a kit for my full-sized purchase. I was hopeful, but still not sold on the idea.

My skin has never looked better. I have troubled skin -- tricky combination, where my oily parts and ridiculously oily and my dry patches are parched. I'm extremely fair (yet sallow) and acne-prone. Somehow, magically, EM matte formula has managed to turn my face into something really lovely.

The coverage is very good and buildable. I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't get cakey. I sometimes need to use an extra concealer for my dark circles or if I'm having a breakout, but those times are few and far between. The color selection is excellent, and I found my shade relatively easily.

My one complaint is that I do find myself blotting more than when I wore liquids, but it's worth it. I'd much rather look slightly oily but otherwise radiant than be completely matte but look as though I'm wearing heavy makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This has been the best by far of all the mineral foundations I have tried. (I am NW20 in MAC, sand in BB, #20 in MUFE) I use this is fairy light and it is a perfect match for me. I apply mostly with my flocked sponge (bought from www.lilylolo.com - I have a sepetare review for this) for a flawless result. My skin imperfecttions are covered well and my face appears totally even in texture. Coverage can be what ever you want it to be as its totally buildable. I find the finish to be not quite matte as it gives quite a glowing look to my skin without looking greasy. Of all the foundations mineral, cream, liquid, this one makes my skin look at its healthiest and looks natural too. I have found mineral foundation can accentuate pores and therefore I always use a good primer with this (I actually use MAC prep and prime all over my face then a tiny amount of Cliniques pore minimiser where my more obvious pores are). Would prefer a little more lasting power but then I have this problem with all foundation.
If you have tried this and dont find its working for you..try other application methods before giving up! :) I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by katinaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in the UK and after trying a few brands of UK based mineral makeup (lilylolo, bare faced beauty - there are very few UK based mineral makeup companies in comparison with numbers in the States) and have thought they were OK, but not great. They tended to get cakey and didn't last well.

After reading reviews in MUA, I decided to give Everyday Minerals a go. I ordered the Everything Kit at $75 which is amazing value, especially considering the current exchange rates (£37 for 3 foundations, 4 blushes, 2 makeup accessories, 1 concealer, 6 eyeshadows and 1 finishing powder!). It took a while to reach these shores and when it arrived I was surprised that the products looked smaller than I expected. Despite now having 2 foundations the wrong colour for me, luckily I also choose Fair cool which is a perfect match for my pale complexion.

I am very impressed with the quality of this product. It is much better than the other Mineral Makeup's I have tried. It last very well, wears beautifully (just looks glowy with some oil breakthrough) and doesn't look cakey. When I first started using it I was having trouble with my skin in general including bad breakouts and this made it worse with dry flaky bits, however, these quickly cleared up and now my skin is much better. I have found that MMU really does help with my acne prone skin - doesn't stop spots from forming, but makes them occur less often and last for less time.

I'm not keen on the packaging - it is similar to other MMU's - and I find it messy. Nevertheless, well done Everyday Minerals for making such a good product at a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try mineral makeup for a long time. Sticker shock always stopped me. I saw the "starter kit" for Bare Minerals. Wow. Why is it so expensive? Why do I have to pay for stuff like brushes? I have brushes. They're good brushes. I don't need more. I just need a little sample to try it out. Found out that Everyday Minerals gave free samples so I tried it. I had to go through several samples until I found my shade (Light Olive) but I'm so glad I did! Other foundations seem so heavy to me now! I give my face a small dusting of MAC Blot Powder as a primer and then brush on the foundation with my kabuki brush. I finish my makeup and go out looking like I have great skin. With the MAC Blot Powder I'm shine free ALL DAY! When my MAC Powder runs out I'll try EM's finishing powders. That should be in about five years considering EM matte foundation only needs a little to help keep the shine away. And the price is so low considering how much you get and how little you need to use! I'm sticking to Everyday Minerals from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by KND27

Let me start by saying this is truly the best product for oily acne-prone skin.
I started using EM in 2006 with the Original Glo formula believing I had dry skin because my skin would flake. I loved it for awhile but gradually became disappointed as it melted off of my face. Then I switched to Clinique after sitting with consultant who told me I actually have oily skin. Clinique's foundation that was promised to be the best for oily skin was way off base, but I continued to use the foundation with TONS of powder because I invested into the line. So in Nov. 2007 I decided to try EM again, this time I went with the Matte formula, and it is amazing. It lasts all day long. No touchups needed! This is my HG of foundations! As an experiment I put on my Clinique Superbalanced foundation and it felt so heavy and greasy. I hated it. It was a huge relief for my skin when I washed it off. I recommend this product to anyone with skin like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I can't believe I wasted all that money on Bare Minerals!!! This is so much better the Fawn color matches my Asian skin perfectly. It doesn't make my face shiny like Bare Minerals and the long-handle kabuki brush gave my skin an airbrush glow (eventhough it tends to shed alot). I am so glad I tried out this company, the price is very reasonable and their product is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

A sheer natural finish. Left my skin slightly oilier when used alone. I used Ettusais Day Amulet powder lightly on top and it took care of the shine. It's a very nice finishing powder and can be used alone (I did before I started using EM). Didn't cause breakouts. Very very reasonable price. Will definitely purchase again!