November 23, 2014 | 1013 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only makeup line that I use and that actually works for me. I have oily skin and at times I get one or two blemishes. I have an oily t-zone when I get heated up and this makeup does a good job controlling it. I love the smooth application and how pure and sheer it is. This makeup doesn't make you look made up. It looks very natural, like you were born with naturally great skin. I love this makeup so much that I have recommended it to my coworkers and have given these away for Christmas. This makeup also has great staying power which will last through the day and almost throughout the entire night. They have lots of color choices to choose from so that means any woman can find the right color for herself. And best of all, the PRICE! Very cheap. The product is high quality but the price is almost dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Bare Minerals medium foundation for years, but lately it just doesn't seem to look right. It might be my over 40 skin - I look like I'm wearing a mask. It looks unnatural. So I thought I'd try something new. I bought the sample kit after reading the rave reviews here. I love the fact EM are cruelty-free. The price can't be beat. The samples are VERY generous, and if you can find your right shade, it's the bargain of the century. The consistency is very fine; like silk. The problem is finding the right color and finish. Unfortunately I can't seem to find my right shade.The ones I selected look too yellow, the buff didn't look right either. I'd been thinking of trying Merle Norman's powder foundation but shied away from the price. Now I'm thinking that by the time I find the right shade and finish (matte, intensive, etc.) I could spend almost that much. I wish they worked for me, but I'm still looking for my new foundation.
3/4/08 Update: Well, I'm happy to say that I found a VERY nice match for my skintone - the multitasking concealer. What a nice finish! Very happy!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by LipGlossLuv

For reference I'm NW20 (23-ish to be exact) and wear this in Beige - Fairly Light. I have combination skin - just a slightly oily T-zone, sometimes dry under my eyes, the rest of my face is normal. (Sorry that this review's so long!)
Oil Control - The one downside to this formula is that it's not so good at controlling oil. I think Semi-Matte or Intensive would be better for oily skin because, even on my skin which isn't that oily, it just gets all... well... oily =P. It's not terrible, just not as good as Semi-Matte or Intensive. This is the only reason I wouldn't buy this particular formula again, because I know that other formulas are better for controlling oil.
Lasting power & application - That being said, it does have great lasting power on the less oily parts of my face, and I can achieve an airbrushed look with it - but the secret is to BUFF. The more you buff, the more flawless this will look. When I want to look airbrushed I buff this powder into my face for a few minutes and WOW - it looks glowy but still flawless! =D It won't budge around on your face either, once you apply it it sort of "melts" into your skin (but if you remove it, it won't clog your pores!). I use and love the MAC 182 but I also sometimes use the EM Long-handled Kabuki (e.g. when my 182 has just been washed) and love that one too!
Colours - Everyday Minerals also offers a huge colour range - I think it'd be almost impossible to not find a shade that matches you especially since it says on the website that you can easily mix them to make new shades.
Price - It's cheap too! A full size jar costs only $12 and it lasts for AGES. I'm still on my first jar and I have been using this for well over half a year, because you really don't need much to achieve the "flawless" look (if you buff!).
Ingredients etc. - What I also love about it is that the ingredients are natural. So when you put this on, it doesn't only FEEL like your wearing no makeup, it's actually pretty like that, because your not getting nasty chemicals stuck in your pores like with other foundations.
Contains: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.
May contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue.
I totally recommend this for anyone who has normal skin, for slightly (and I mean verrry slightly) oilier skin types I would suggest checking out reviews for Semi-Matte or Intensive and for dry skin I would recommend Original Glow formula. Everyday Minerals has a free sample kit (only about $3.95 or something for shipping to US, around $5 for shipping internationally) so I would really recommend trying it out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can tell the make-up is good, and probably a solution to my foundation problems (I have very oily skin and foundation melts off by lunchtime), but I cannot find a match. I've ordered sample kit upon sample kit, I've mixed and mixed and mixed, but I just cannot get a good match (I'm probably NC20). The powders are either too white and chalky, or too dark and get darker with break-through shine.

I'm in absolute awe of women who get mineral make-up right. I don't know how they do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I had gotten the sample kit shipped fast in the mail. I got fairly light & fairly light neutral. I got both colors in intensive & fairly light neutral in matte because of all the rave reviews on makeupalley (loveyous!) . the product was a good cover. I'm trying it again today because I needed to use powder (pressed) afterward because my skin was so glowy and shiney. I think I moisturziered too much. this stuff has a great moisture-rich formula, but it might be breaking me out. oh I hope not. I'm going to try it again today a little differently and see what happens. still don't have a primer, but I use baby powder sometimes and usually my liquid fades into this nasty mess & when I apply my babypowder you see the nasty lines from my foundation and all these dry patches but with Everyday Minerals it went on smooth and no dry patches, just perfectness. it didn't budge through a whole movie with friends, dinner, or late night picture taking. which was 9 hrs? amazing. loved it. btw; I'm an NC25

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mineral makeup! Over the past 7 years, I have spent more than I would like to admit on mineral makeups and foundations/powders. The search is over. Thank God for makeup alley, because that is how I discovered everyday minerals. This stuff makes my skin VERY smooth and the color selection is amazing. The matte is perfect in my opinion. Try the free samples. It is worth it to find the right shade and formula for such amazing looking skin! I get full coverage, yet it is natural looking. Best of all, the samples arrived quickly. I got my free samples on a Friday, wore them all weekend, ordered my full sizes on Monday, and on Friday they were waiting on me when I got home!!!! One week turnaround is not bad. I wore this makeup to work all day, then to graduate school all night. When I got home, my makeup still looked great, and by that time I had been wearing it 14 hours. Now I am trying all of their blushes. They also have a fabulous kabuki brush that is really inexpensive just like the rest of this line. I think it is very cool that this company will always give you a free sample kit with every order. Try it....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I held off on writing a review of this for a few weeks. I've tried mineral makeup before and was initially pleased, only to abandon it. BM made me look flawless, like a porcelain doll -- for about 2 hours, at which point I became a shiny mess. I wrote off mineral makeup, saying it just wasn't for me.

But after hearing recommendations from several friends and reading the raves on here, I decided to give EM a go. I ordered my samples and was pleased. The prices were so low, so I opted for a kit for my full-sized purchase. I was hopeful, but still not sold on the idea.

My skin has never looked better. I have troubled skin -- tricky combination, where my oily parts and ridiculously oily and my dry patches are parched. I'm extremely fair (yet sallow) and acne-prone. Somehow, magically, EM matte formula has managed to turn my face into something really lovely.

The coverage is very good and buildable. I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't get cakey. I sometimes need to use an extra concealer for my dark circles or if I'm having a breakout, but those times are few and far between. The color selection is excellent, and I found my shade relatively easily.

My one complaint is that I do find myself blotting more than when I wore liquids, but it's worth it. I'd much rather look slightly oily but otherwise radiant than be completely matte but look as though I'm wearing heavy makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This has been the best by far of all the mineral foundations I have tried. (I am NW20 in MAC, sand in BB, #20 in MUFE) I use this is fairy light and it is a perfect match for me. I apply mostly with my flocked sponge (bought from www.lilylolo.com - I have a sepetare review for this) for a flawless result. My skin imperfecttions are covered well and my face appears totally even in texture. Coverage can be what ever you want it to be as its totally buildable. I find the finish to be not quite matte as it gives quite a glowing look to my skin without looking greasy. Of all the foundations mineral, cream, liquid, this one makes my skin look at its healthiest and looks natural too. I have found mineral foundation can accentuate pores and therefore I always use a good primer with this (I actually use MAC prep and prime all over my face then a tiny amount of Cliniques pore minimiser where my more obvious pores are). Would prefer a little more lasting power but then I have this problem with all foundation.
If you have tried this and dont find its working for you..try other application methods before giving up! :) I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by katinaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in the UK and after trying a few brands of UK based mineral makeup (lilylolo, bare faced beauty - there are very few UK based mineral makeup companies in comparison with numbers in the States) and have thought they were OK, but not great. They tended to get cakey and didn't last well.

After reading reviews in MUA, I decided to give Everyday Minerals a go. I ordered the Everything Kit at $75 which is amazing value, especially considering the current exchange rates (£37 for 3 foundations, 4 blushes, 2 makeup accessories, 1 concealer, 6 eyeshadows and 1 finishing powder!). It took a while to reach these shores and when it arrived I was surprised that the products looked smaller than I expected. Despite now having 2 foundations the wrong colour for me, luckily I also choose Fair cool which is a perfect match for my pale complexion.

I am very impressed with the quality of this product. It is much better than the other Mineral Makeup's I have tried. It last very well, wears beautifully (just looks glowy with some oil breakthrough) and doesn't look cakey. When I first started using it I was having trouble with my skin in general including bad breakouts and this made it worse with dry flaky bits, however, these quickly cleared up and now my skin is much better. I have found that MMU really does help with my acne prone skin - doesn't stop spots from forming, but makes them occur less often and last for less time.

I'm not keen on the packaging - it is similar to other MMU's - and I find it messy. Nevertheless, well done Everyday Minerals for making such a good product at a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try mineral makeup for a long time. Sticker shock always stopped me. I saw the "starter kit" for Bare Minerals. Wow. Why is it so expensive? Why do I have to pay for stuff like brushes? I have brushes. They're good brushes. I don't need more. I just need a little sample to try it out. Found out that Everyday Minerals gave free samples so I tried it. I had to go through several samples until I found my shade (Light Olive) but I'm so glad I did! Other foundations seem so heavy to me now! I give my face a small dusting of MAC Blot Powder as a primer and then brush on the foundation with my kabuki brush. I finish my makeup and go out looking like I have great skin. With the MAC Blot Powder I'm shine free ALL DAY! When my MAC Powder runs out I'll try EM's finishing powders. That should be in about five years considering EM matte foundation only needs a little to help keep the shine away. And the price is so low considering how much you get and how little you need to use! I'm sticking to Everyday Minerals from now on!