April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mineral makeup! Over the past 7 years, I have spent more than I would like to admit on mineral makeups and foundations/powders. The search is over. Thank God for makeup alley, because that is how I discovered everyday minerals. This stuff makes my skin VERY smooth and the color selection is amazing. The matte is perfect in my opinion. Try the free samples. It is worth it to find the right shade and formula for such amazing looking skin! I get full coverage, yet it is natural looking. Best of all, the samples arrived quickly. I got my free samples on a Friday, wore them all weekend, ordered my full sizes on Monday, and on Friday they were waiting on me when I got home!!!! One week turnaround is not bad. I wore this makeup to work all day, then to graduate school all night. When I got home, my makeup still looked great, and by that time I had been wearing it 14 hours. Now I am trying all of their blushes. They also have a fabulous kabuki brush that is really inexpensive just like the rest of this line. I think it is very cool that this company will always give you a free sample kit with every order. Try it....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I held off on writing a review of this for a few weeks. I've tried mineral makeup before and was initially pleased, only to abandon it. BM made me look flawless, like a porcelain doll -- for about 2 hours, at which point I became a shiny mess. I wrote off mineral makeup, saying it just wasn't for me.

But after hearing recommendations from several friends and reading the raves on here, I decided to give EM a go. I ordered my samples and was pleased. The prices were so low, so I opted for a kit for my full-sized purchase. I was hopeful, but still not sold on the idea.

My skin has never looked better. I have troubled skin -- tricky combination, where my oily parts and ridiculously oily and my dry patches are parched. I'm extremely fair (yet sallow) and acne-prone. Somehow, magically, EM matte formula has managed to turn my face into something really lovely.

The coverage is very good and buildable. I was pleasantly surprised that it doesn't get cakey. I sometimes need to use an extra concealer for my dark circles or if I'm having a breakout, but those times are few and far between. The color selection is excellent, and I found my shade relatively easily.

My one complaint is that I do find myself blotting more than when I wore liquids, but it's worth it. I'd much rather look slightly oily but otherwise radiant than be completely matte but look as though I'm wearing heavy makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This has been the best by far of all the mineral foundations I have tried. (I am NW20 in MAC, sand in BB, #20 in MUFE) I use this is fairy light and it is a perfect match for me. I apply mostly with my flocked sponge (bought from www.lilylolo.com - I have a sepetare review for this) for a flawless result. My skin imperfecttions are covered well and my face appears totally even in texture. Coverage can be what ever you want it to be as its totally buildable. I find the finish to be not quite matte as it gives quite a glowing look to my skin without looking greasy. Of all the foundations mineral, cream, liquid, this one makes my skin look at its healthiest and looks natural too. I have found mineral foundation can accentuate pores and therefore I always use a good primer with this (I actually use MAC prep and prime all over my face then a tiny amount of Cliniques pore minimiser where my more obvious pores are). Would prefer a little more lasting power but then I have this problem with all foundation.
If you have tried this and dont find its working for you..try other application methods before giving up! :) I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by katinaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in the UK and after trying a few brands of UK based mineral makeup (lilylolo, bare faced beauty - there are very few UK based mineral makeup companies in comparison with numbers in the States) and have thought they were OK, but not great. They tended to get cakey and didn't last well.

After reading reviews in MUA, I decided to give Everyday Minerals a go. I ordered the Everything Kit at $75 which is amazing value, especially considering the current exchange rates (37 for 3 foundations, 4 blushes, 2 makeup accessories, 1 concealer, 6 eyeshadows and 1 finishing powder!). It took a while to reach these shores and when it arrived I was surprised that the products looked smaller than I expected. Despite now having 2 foundations the wrong colour for me, luckily I also choose Fair cool which is a perfect match for my pale complexion.

I am very impressed with the quality of this product. It is much better than the other Mineral Makeup's I have tried. It last very well, wears beautifully (just looks glowy with some oil breakthrough) and doesn't look cakey. When I first started using it I was having trouble with my skin in general including bad breakouts and this made it worse with dry flaky bits, however, these quickly cleared up and now my skin is much better. I have found that MMU really does help with my acne prone skin - doesn't stop spots from forming, but makes them occur less often and last for less time.

I'm not keen on the packaging - it is similar to other MMU's - and I find it messy. Nevertheless, well done Everyday Minerals for making such a good product at a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try mineral makeup for a long time. Sticker shock always stopped me. I saw the "starter kit" for Bare Minerals. Wow. Why is it so expensive? Why do I have to pay for stuff like brushes? I have brushes. They're good brushes. I don't need more. I just need a little sample to try it out. Found out that Everyday Minerals gave free samples so I tried it. I had to go through several samples until I found my shade (Light Olive) but I'm so glad I did! Other foundations seem so heavy to me now! I give my face a small dusting of MAC Blot Powder as a primer and then brush on the foundation with my kabuki brush. I finish my makeup and go out looking like I have great skin. With the MAC Blot Powder I'm shine free ALL DAY! When my MAC Powder runs out I'll try EM's finishing powders. That should be in about five years considering EM matte foundation only needs a little to help keep the shine away. And the price is so low considering how much you get and how little you need to use! I'm sticking to Everyday Minerals from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by KND27

Let me start by saying this is truly the best product for oily acne-prone skin.
I started using EM in 2006 with the Original Glo formula believing I had dry skin because my skin would flake. I loved it for awhile but gradually became disappointed as it melted off of my face. Then I switched to Clinique after sitting with consultant who told me I actually have oily skin. Clinique's foundation that was promised to be the best for oily skin was way off base, but I continued to use the foundation with TONS of powder because I invested into the line. So in Nov. 2007 I decided to try EM again, this time I went with the Matte formula, and it is amazing. It lasts all day long. No touchups needed! This is my HG of foundations! As an experiment I put on my Clinique Superbalanced foundation and it felt so heavy and greasy. I hated it. It was a huge relief for my skin when I washed it off. I recommend this product to anyone with skin like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I can't believe I wasted all that money on Bare Minerals!!! This is so much better the Fawn color matches my Asian skin perfectly. It doesn't make my face shiny like Bare Minerals and the long-handle kabuki brush gave my skin an airbrush glow (eventhough it tends to shed alot). I am so glad I tried out this company, the price is very reasonable and their product is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

A sheer natural finish. Left my skin slightly oilier when used alone. I used Ettusais Day Amulet powder lightly on top and it took care of the shine. It's a very nice finishing powder and can be used alone (I did before I started using EM). Didn't cause breakouts. Very very reasonable price. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by brighid_karis

This is a really great compromise between the intensive and the original glo. I actually mix it with the semi-matte (fair neutral matte and fair semi-matte) and get a perfect finish. Buff in just a little bit (from the jaw/hairline towards the nose), apply concealer to small areas that need it, finish with silk dust and you're set for the whole day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has many good sides and also many not soo good. First the company is great ! The products are natural. Cheap, many colors and fomulas to choose from. The matte goes on matte, only with a natural glow that is ok. Controls oil and shine longer that youngblood and abslolute better than BE. You start to shine after a few hours, but not as bad as past MMU I tried. The cool medium is also a nice color for me. The color don't change so much, at afternoon the color is a bit darker then first but nothing bad. One oter thing that I like with this formula ( also the intense formula) is that it doesn't feel so dry or dry out my face as for expample younbllod easly does, speciallt in winter. A bit dry does it feel at first but not that bad.
Then the bad stuff. Bad coverge, don't cover at all. I use a good brush that give a better coverge, but I have to use a separate concealer.I tried the intesive but to shiny. All EM are also dusty, but that you learn to live with. The jar isn't my favorite, all the foundations, powders, concealers look the same.... Also when I tip some powder in the lid most go on the floor.
So this is a has many good sides and bad sides like all products. Overall, I do like this, but I miss the coverage that I get from youngblood so I going back to to that. If I have to choose between coverage and and less shine a take the coverage, and use a compactpowder to reduce the YB shine.
All you with normal-oily skintypes that hasn't much to cover up and want something sheer. Then this is it!
Update! To get better coverage I have started to mix this with the intense formula ( +), The result is matte, but with better coverage. I also finish of with the tinted silk powder and the natural bronzer, and i have to say I'm impressed with the result. Ok coverage, controls the oiliness ok, and also I don't get the shine before lunch, with is twice as long than before. Best of all, my face doesn't feel that overdry.
Update: stop using this because it doesn't do anything for me anymore. Works like a powder but that's it... Changing from a 4 to a 2