April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eeeek! All I can say is "proceed with caution". Although this IS a good cleanser with unbeatable Tea Tree Oil for oily skin and blemishes, I found that if I use it too frequently it REALLY dries my skin out very badly. Peeling/raw badly. I've resorted to using it only 3x's @ week or else I have to deal with flakes all around my mouth and lips. I can't say it's bad, and I can't give it a bad rating, just go slowly, esp. if you're going to use the TTO line.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amymuttley

Well... I brought this product for my sister who as oily skin prone to breakouts. I actually brought the whole range including the actual plain oil, blotting tissues, cleanser, toner and mosturiser. She used it for a week and said it made her break out, which i thought it looked the same as before. But anyway, i decided i might give it ago (seeing as i spend close to $100 on the range). I don't have oily skin, but i have noticed some blemishes latey which i thought the cleanser would clear up... well it didnt!! i have more little bumps near my nose and my forehead is going crazy! It left my skin soo dried out that i need to buy a new cleanser... the one thing i hate is buying new cleansers!!! i hate that they might not work like this one didnt!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

My friend is the person who inspired me to try this cleanser. She has perfect skin and uses it and always promotes the values of tea tree oil, so I had to try it. I switched BCPs again so I was experiencing some bad hormonal breakouts on and only on my forehead. I had tried numerous things (benzoyl peroxide, different toners, Pro Activ, salicylic acid) and nothing worked on clearing up my skin. I purchased this last night and also applied some Desert Essence TTO on a water soaked cotton ball on my skin. I have already noticed a difference. The cleanser got rid of all my skin's oil and grime (I was at the beach sweating ALL day) and evened out the tone. My skin felt clean and refreshed, and it helped to tone down redness on my breakouts. I personally love the smell, but if you don't like the smell of tea tree oil you probably won't like this cleanser for the smell alone. It was $13 which personally I feel is pricey, but it should last a while and if it helps my skin I guess its worth it in the end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a fabulous cleanser. My friend introduced me to this and I introduced this to a couple of girlfriends and they love it. The scent is great. It smells clean. Anyway, I have extremely oily skin. When I say oily, my skin is oily one hour after it's been washed. This cleanser doesn't strip away all the oil so it's good for combo skin and acne prone skin. Currently I'm using Neutrogena's acne bar soap because it does seem remove most of the oil from my face. Anyway, I would definitely recommend Body Shop's tea tree oil. I haven't used it in awhile but may go back to using it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I found the scent of this wash to be not unlike tar and burnt hair. I love the smell of TTO, and this does not resemble that in any way. I use it on body breakouts now, but never on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by irene251988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I hated this product so badly, and I really wanted to love it!
I have mild acne and made me look HORRIBLE after 1 week of continous use 2 times a day. I started having little bumps around my cheeks. I wanted to cry!! I do have acne prone skin but nothing close to what that product did to me.
I refunded the whole thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by linergirl16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

overall, this is a pretty good facewash...and it washes away ALL of my makeup (and i wear a lot!) if it is worth the money, that is debatable, but it's not a bad product. felt like my skin cleared up a bit on this stuff...personally, i like the moisturizer better...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2009 6:52:00 AM More reviews by jasmine5628

this is a no good product it did nothing good for my skin. very drying it made my skin peel off even though i always followed it with a moisturizer i even tried using it just once a day but my skin still felt dry and parched after i used it. i guess it will be good for someone with very oily skin and for someone living in hot humid climatic conditions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I used to have bad acne and my skin cleared up to a certain extent with the usage of the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Products.

But it wasnt enough for me because I wanted my skin to be completely clear and after a year I decided to change my skin care to La Roche Posay and my skin has been completely clear ever since and its been two years.

Moving on to the review, this cleanser smells great imo.And I think it does a standard job of cleansing.Doesnt leave my face tight.But I personally dont think the tea tree oil in it is going to do anything for your skin because youre basically washing it off so it doesnt have time to work on your skin.Which is why Id suggest you use the complimentary tree oil products if you want the tea tree oil to work for your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Aerialgirl

Best cleanser for combination skin ever, and - bonus - smells delicious! *** Disappointing update, this now contains alcohol, so looks like I will be transferring over to Neutrogena. Why do companies do this??****