August 1, 2014 | 1003 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

I really like the whole Tea Tree line! Smell is a little strong, but it has worked wonders on my oily face! Breakouts and redness are somewhat non-existent now. Will buy again once I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by barbiebien

This is to drying, it made my skin worse

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by carllin87

I've only tried this cleanser because my bf wanted to give it a shot.

It didn't do much for his acne, and didn't really reduce mine, though I don't have much acne to start with... I was hoping maybe the tiny lil pimples i get on my forehead when it gets warm and humid would go away.

I don't really care too much for the smell, it smells so strongly... I guess it's just part and parcel of using a tea tree oil product. But I find I don't have so much of an issue using tea tree oil a I did using this facial cleanser =S weird.

It does have somewhat of an oily texture, and leaves my skin, hands, and bathroom tap feeling kinda oily... so that's something else that I didn't really like so much about it.

The packaging... well it's in a bottle that is rather big with a reasonably hard texture, so when you start getting to end of it it get harder to squeeze... but that's just a small issue. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this last year during the body shop's 2 for $18 event. it claims to reduce blemish, but i didn't see any result! also, i felt my face isn't completely clean after washing with this product...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shineexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It comes in a big bottle and only costs 11 dollars or less.
It still leaves traces of make up and dirt so i have to use my toner to cleanse those off, but it definately get rid of my oil around T-zone. I like the refreshing smell and it helps skin from breaking out. I've used ALL the drug store products such as Clean&Clear (pretty much all of their acne/oily line products) , neutrogina, aveeno, and many others but didn' work. I guess salicylic acid and benzole peroxide really irritated my skin but tea tree oil works really well .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Nothing special! Smells nice, but doesn't cleanse good enough! The face still feels a little greasy!

Won't buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Didn't make my face worse nor better. Finished the (trial-size) bottle but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was getting desperate for a facial cleanser that would help with my stubbron breakouts. I have tried every cleanser made by Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Spectro Jel, you name it, it probably made it's way through my bathroom.
In conjunction with my benzoyl peroxide cream, I needed something that wasn't going to add to the dryness my skin was starting to display as a side effect.
One afternoon a friend and I made a trip out to a mall that is a few hours away from us, which is the only mall within 2 hours that has a Body Shop. She insisted we go their to look at their new collection of perfumes. While she was browsing I noticed the Tea Tree Oil display. I had used the Tea Tree Gel and wasn't impressed. But I was getting desperate and I have heard Tea Tree is the way to go. The sales lady came over and told me all of the benifits of the facial wash, and how she and her family swear by it. Was she pulling my leg? Probably, but I really wanted to believe that there was hope. So I caved and $11CDN later I had my hopefull HG facial wash.
Before I went to bed that night I said a little prayer hoping that this was it. As soon as I opened the bottle I was overwhelmed by the smell, but hey who cares. It doesn't last forever. I poured a nickle sized amount into my palm and began to wash my face. I was floored by how quickly it lathered into a foam and how I wouldn't need as much product!
After I dried my face I couldn't help but notice how soft my skin had become.
For the next couple of days I was thrilled to see a reduction in the oil on my face, and yet not add to the dryness from my cream. Breakouts were clearing up and nothing new was showing. I have found my HG of facial washes. It cleans off makeup like no other, and leaves your skin feeling re-freshed!
My only gripe?
It is so hard o squeeze it out of the bottle because it is so thick...but I can get over that!
Would recommend to anyone who has acne prone skin! It is an excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:17:00 AM More reviews by arabprincesa

I'm totally in love with this product. I was a little surprised to find out that people said this dried their skin...when used with moisturizer, it actually left my skin pretty oily (which is the reason I took of a lippie). I use this with the toner, and my skin feels fresh and looks good.

Now, I also started using this when I started using a new gel prescription from the dermatologist. The gel definitely made a huge difference...I don't feel like this cleanser is a miracle worker or anything, but it works well with other products. It has properties that are great for acne prone skin, but it doesn't dry my skin out either...which is probably the biggest plus. Every other acne cleanser or other type of product i've tried has dried up my face like crazy, even while i was using moisturizer. Plus, the cleanser is totally gentle on my skin...natural, and some proceeds go to a good cause (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by crizon

the reason i'm not buying this product again is because i found a better cleanser than this one... i've used it almost a year... i was happy on the first few months however as time passes by it doesn't anymore deliver... i really wanted to love this product however i found a better one that delivers really well...