December 20, 2014 | 884 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love the smell of this stuff, but it made my oily skin even oilier. I'd wash my face thoroughly, and within a half hour of cleansing, my face was an oil slick yet again. Pretty disapponting. I won't even bother finishing the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by 4flower

I don't like this product, as well as I don't like any of the products in the tea tree-serie. This cleanser had not a good smell, and it was not good for my acne-prone/combinated skin. I think I used this cleanser (along with the other products from the tea tree-serie) for about one year, and it made my skin break out more. I got many blemishes in my t-sone, and my skin got more oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

TBS Tea Tree line is one of the better lines on the market with tea tree. I discovered the line in my early 30's as I've suffered from mild, persistant cystic acne, oily senstive skin since puberty. I don't know life without a zit and the scars they leave behind. Anyway, i highly recommend that if you decide to try this cleanser to please use the entire line together (cleanser, toner, moisture and mask). It can be drying if you have normal or combo skin and you may need an extra moisturizer depending on how oily you are. I am VERY oily so I didn't need any extra help in that department. For me the line never actually "cleared" my skin but was effective in cleansing and moisturing and not making things worse. Everybody's skin is different so even though it was not my HG, I still recommend giving it a go . . . I still keep the line on hand for backup but I've since moved on to natural sulfur and tea tree based products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by prettyexgirlfriend

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this prodcut in the summer and did not break out, but later it stopped working. I know use it to remove my eye makeup and it works great.
ill use it once a week because it makes my skin feel clean, but i have to moisture alot after using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bohochic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was an ok cleanser. It worked well to regulate my sebum production, but I found it wasn't sufficient enough to banish pesky blemishes. Overall, it is still a good tea tree based cleanser that isn't too overwhelming or drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by xchristineee

Just recently bought my second bottle of this. Seems like the ingredients have changed a bit since '07...I really like this cleanser. It helped clear up my acne when I first started using it, but after a while, it wasn't as effective anymore ): I have combination/oily skin so it really helps in terms of oil control. Its not over drying, and doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by csiojo

Doesn't remove makeup well, but by far the best cleanser out there. I've tried everything from high to low borba, origins, proactve, neutrogenia, cetaphill ect this has changed my life. I'd also like to point out that many of the bad reviews do not appear to have REALLY tried the product. You're not going to get overnight results, be Real about it. Give any skin care at LEAST 28 days unless you have some sort of immediate negative reactions. I'd also like to point out that it doesn't appear as though people have truly tried the line. You are NOT going to get PERFECT skin with just a cleanser. A toner and moisturizer is Extremely necessary, even for oily skin (the tea tree moisturizers not only moisturize but help with OIL CONTROL.)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by JuJu09

After using this product, I didn't really notice it doing anything to my skin. And I didn't like the scent either.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 6:04:00 AM More reviews by raacheljoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a baaad breakout last year, and after being reccomended this i decided to give it a try.
it did not do anything for my spots, if anything it make them worse :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

I really like the whole Tea Tree line! Smell is a little strong, but it has worked wonders on my oily face! Breakouts and redness are somewhat non-existent now. Will buy again once I run out!