The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 1/15/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I would not say, that this product made me break out, but I never had as much pimples than in the time I used it. Therefore it at least did nothing against them. I give 2 points since there are products worse than that, but its on the verge to 1 point. Do not buy.

on 1/12/2010 10:31:00 PM

I have dry skin and this only made it worse. I bought the whole line thinking it will get rid of my acne (which I don't really have all THAT much but I always have some pimples on my face and it's never perfectly clear and flawless) but it did nothing for it. Granted, it cleaned my face nicely so I can't hate it completely. When I use the whole line it makes my face burn and bright red for a while and my skin was ashy and flakey even after using their lotion

on 1/2/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really like this.. I like my old cleanser better. And even though I was using the whole tea tree line I didn't notice a difference in my acne. It's not horrible but not good enough. Maybe good for people who get the occasional pimple once a month but not for a person with acne. :(

on 1/2/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This cleanser is not too bad at all. I got a little one in the starter set. The cleanser really does take off most of my makeup and it leaves my skin fresh and clean. My skin hasn't broke out too bad since using this but it hasn't prevented pimples though. It doesn't partically keep my skin from getting oily - in fact at the start of using it
my skin got very oily after use but luckly now my skin has calmed down. Overall this cleanser is not too bad. I reccomend getting the small bottle if you want to give it a go. It's worth a try.

on 12/13/2009 7:10:00 PM

I'm one of the few unfortunate ones who are allergic to tea tree. I realized it after using it for 1.5 months and was still breaking out excessively. Within the first week of not using it, my face was clearing up.

on 11/9/2009 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used this a while ago, when I was breaking out, hoping it would clear away my pimples.
It didn't help my acne in anyway. While I cleansed with this every day and night for a long time, I still got acne- (but it didn't precipitate it...so I guess that's not that bad!)
I still have plenty of it left. I've just discovered I can use this for something else... I can use this to wash my makeup brushes!

on 11/5/2009 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since my skin is oily I asked one of my friends who really likes stuff from TBS what would be a good cleanser. She recommended this and then the sea weed mattifying moisturizing gel.

Anyways, this was my first tea tree oil anything, so I wasn't too sure about it. I don't mind the smell of it, it has a green smell, green and maybe a slight mintiness, I suppose. It is kinda thick, lathers well. I use it along with St.Ives Microdermabrasion scrub *I use them both at the same time* it works really well to make my skin really smooth. I changed the cap on it because I had a spare pump laying around and it makes it so much easier to use. Everyone also thinks that if you wash your face with things that are for oily skin somehow you won't become oily after. Well, if you strip your skin of oil your skin is going to want to produce more. It is a vicious cycle. I have to use other things to keep the oil at bay, which is fine, I just want to wash my face lol! This works. I usually follow up with a toner for oily skin, as well as the seaweed mattifying gel, Perricone's Ceramic Skin Smoother, and MOM! Sounds like a lot lol. It works though.

I only really seem to break out around the time of the month now, unless I use something that bothers my skin but that is a different matter all together.

I might buy this again, it seems to work so why switch to something else?

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It was an okay product. It did not clear out my face and did not do a good job preventing new acne. I only get some whiteheads on my forehead and that is it, so I did not need a lot of work. I DO LOVE HOW FRESH MY FACE IS AFTER. The smell and lather was great, though it took some time to get used to

on 10/27/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this stuff, but it made my oily skin even oilier. I'd wash my face thoroughly, and within a half hour of cleansing, my face was an oil slick yet again. Pretty disapponting. I won't even bother finishing the bottle.

on 10/21/2009 12:47:00 PM

I don't like this product, as well as I don't like any of the products in the tea tree-serie. This cleanser had not a good smell, and it was not good for my acne-prone/combinated skin. I think I used this cleanser (along with the other products from the tea tree-serie) for about one year, and it made my skin break out more. I got many blemishes in my t-sone, and my skin got more oily.