The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 1/28/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this helps to remove most of your makeup,
but did NOTHING to my acne. Made my skin really dry and broke me out.
DO NOT BUY THIS!
save your money and get cethaphil or something!!

on 1/25/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this.

Pros- makes your face feel fresh
cleans face

Cons- does not do anything for the treatment of spots
drying
made my face red

maybe it's just too harsh on my skintone

on 1/24/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This did get my face really clean, but did nothing for my acne. the bottle was kind of a hassle in the shower. The smell is refreshing and it comes with a lot of product so it lasted me for atleast two months. i wouldn't re purchase though.

on 1/20/2010 8:25:00 AM

I think it's a very nice every day product, to use in the mornings because :

1: It makes my face fell SO FRESH!!
2: You can really fell how the oil is being washed away!
3: It is a TOTALLY CUTE bottle, that can be placed at the front!

Overall I thinks it's a perfect MORNING product :'D I reccomend another product to use at night, because it dosen't deeply cleans..

on 1/15/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I would not say, that this product made me break out, but I never had as much pimples than in the time I used it. Therefore it at least did nothing against them. I give 2 points since there are products worse than that, but its on the verge to 1 point. Do not buy.

on 1/12/2010 10:31:00 PM

I have dry skin and this only made it worse. I bought the whole line thinking it will get rid of my acne (which I don't really have all THAT much but I always have some pimples on my face and it's never perfectly clear and flawless) but it did nothing for it. Granted, it cleaned my face nicely so I can't hate it completely. When I use the whole line it makes my face burn and bright red for a while and my skin was ashy and flakey even after using their lotion

on 1/2/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really like this.. I like my old cleanser better. And even though I was using the whole tea tree line I didn't notice a difference in my acne. It's not horrible but not good enough. Maybe good for people who get the occasional pimple once a month but not for a person with acne. :(

on 1/2/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This cleanser is not too bad at all. I got a little one in the starter set. The cleanser really does take off most of my makeup and it leaves my skin fresh and clean. My skin hasn't broke out too bad since using this but it hasn't prevented pimples though. It doesn't partically keep my skin from getting oily - in fact at the start of using it
my skin got very oily after use but luckly now my skin has calmed down. Overall this cleanser is not too bad. I reccomend getting the small bottle if you want to give it a go. It's worth a try.

on 12/13/2009 7:10:00 PM

I'm one of the few unfortunate ones who are allergic to tea tree. I realized it after using it for 1.5 months and was still breaking out excessively. Within the first week of not using it, my face was clearing up.

on 11/9/2009 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used this a while ago, when I was breaking out, hoping it would clear away my pimples.
It didn't help my acne in anyway. While I cleansed with this every day and night for a long time, I still got acne- (but it didn't precipitate it...so I guess that's not that bad!)
I still have plenty of it left. I've just discovered I can use this for something else... I can use this to wash my makeup brushes!