Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 5/13/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love. It's a lot less messy than using an oil to remove makeup. I also like that I can dip a q-tip into it to remove bits of mascara that get onto my eyelid without disturbing the rest of my makeup. It's gentle enough to use every day and strong enough to take off waterproof mascara. I also love that the ingredients don't include parabens or -cones. Now if only all the other women in my city didn't like it as much ;) I might be able to find it on store shelves again. This product definitely deserves all 5 lippies.

on 5/10/2013 9:24:00 AM

I like this but don't love it - it's a decent, reasonably priced (vs Lancome, Dior, Caudalie) water based makeup remover for those who don't wear a ton of makeup. I like it best for a quick sweep before bed on low/no makeup days. It doesn't remove my mascara very well, i had to rub my lashes a little, which I massively resent. There is no way I'd try to remove waterproof mascara with this. I MUCH prefer an oil over this for days when I'm wearing smokey black eyes and false lashes as this would never get the glue off. It's decent for a quick cleanse but I prefer to use it before a wash off gel cleanser as a pre cleanse.

on 5/6/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this product. And although it's supposedly only available in Europe I easily found it at Pasteur Pharmacy on Lexington Avenue in New York.

Yes, it's rather expensive, but it removes EVERY trace of eye make up easily. I usually use another cotton-soaked pad and remove my face makeup too, which I then follow with a regular cleansing. I really feel that it gets everything off my face with no irritation.

Well worth the cost.

The bioderma Crealine H20 Cleanser has made it into my holy grail list of beauty products. It removes all my makeup without irritating my skin, its fragrance free, soap-free and hypoallergenic. I highly highly recommend this product to anyone who is on the hunt for a really good makeup remover, as they also have other variations targeted towards other skin types.

I've already re-purchased the product and I love it so so much.

Full review with photographs up on our blog

on 5/1/2013 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This removes most makeup without irritation including non waterproof eye makeup but I dont feel it is enough of a cleanser for me on it's own. I tend to either use it as a quick cleanser if I have a late night or a precleanse to remove heavy makeup. I bought mine in spain, stockists are difficult to find in Ireland.

on 4/29/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I finally cave in to buying this product after hearing so many great reviews from the youtube's beauty community. But I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed considering how much this stuff actually cost for people from the US.

I didn't really care much for the packaging, it's alright (but still there are plenty of cleansers out there with cute packaging that consumers like me would prefer over.) However since we are talking about the quality of the product and not how it looks, I didn't take the packaging into consideration when reviewing this.

Pro:
-Feels refreshing
-Effective removal of non-waterproof makeup.
-Doesn't really have a smell (not chemically like some cleansers)
-Didn't break me out or irritate my eyes.

Con:
-Not accessible in the US, therefore price is high (I had to buy this on ebay).
-Takes forever to remove any mascara, waterproof or not (like four or five cotton pads and even then I noticed that there were still some residue when washing my face).
-It didn't irritate my eyes initially, but after rubbing it so much to remove my mascara that my eyes did get a little red. (I know that you are suppose to let it soak on your eye before gently patting it off, and I did try that but it didn't come off. So I was reduced to rubbing instead to see if that would do the job.)

I know that there seem to be more pros than cons, but the cons are "big no-no" that I look for in a cleanser. If a cleanser that doesn't do what it claims to do then what is the point?

Eventually the bioderma did remove my mascara, but it wastes so much product in one use that I felt I was throwing money away. Overall I was not impress with this product like everybody else was.

I will not purchase this again once I use up the bottle (I'm pretty sure that it's going to be fast considering how much I use every single time).

on 4/29/2013 10:09:00 AM

I don't know if its just this or all micellar waters but this really irritated my skin - my eyelids in particular. Very sore!
I've also found this with the Darphin Azahar and Decleor Aroma Cleanse micellar waters too. So it may my skin rather than the product that is the issue. Saying that, I think people with sensitive skin, particularly around the eyes, need to be aware that this isn't necessarily a product that wont cause irritation - just one that shouldnt cause irritation to normal skin with frequent application. My skin isn't particularly sensitive, but can kick up a fuss from time to time so it may be worse for people with really sensitive skin.
Be slightly wary of buying the huge bottles simply because of the good reviews. If you know your skin has issues, perhaps try the small bottle first - I'm glad I did.
I also found it wasn't hugely effective in removing the waterproof mascara which I wear occasionally.

on 4/24/2013 9:38:00 PM

This is the first make up remover I have ever actually LOVED. I have tried liquid make up removers and make up wipes in the past and I have never been a fan. I felt like it just moved my eye make up from one area to another but doesn't actually wipe it off. Bioderma Sensibio H20 is AMAZING at cleaning off any sort of eye make up whether it's natural everyday or heavy smokey eyed make up. It does a great job of dissolving mascara. All I do is soak a cotton pad, hold the cotton pad over my eyes for a few seconds and then start gently patting the eye area and viola, all gone! It doesn't irritate my eyes nor does it leave a greasy or sticky feeling. It leaves my eyes feeling so light and refreshed, I now actually look forward to taking my make up off at the end of everyday! I totally recommend anyone who is looking for an affordable and effective make up remover to try this one!

on 4/20/2013 2:16:00 PM

After reading many reviews from usual people and make up artists such as Lisa Eldridge, I decided to buy this product. I am totally unimpressed. It leaves my faces feeling gritty and dirty. It takes up 5 cottons to remove Dejavu Fiberwig Extra Long Mascara. I give this product 2 lippies for not irritating my face.
I used 500 ml bottle bought on imomoko.com and 250 ml bottle of Sebium H2O bought by an acquaintance in a European drugstore

I love this product! I've only been using it a few days properly, having used samples previously, but my skin is feeling fresh, youthful and smooth. Some of the scarring from previous acne marks are also disappearing. Would thoroughly recommend!

Video Reviews & Tutorials