July 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Kismetkindle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I must be using this incorrectly... it works poorly to remove eye makeup in particular. It is certainly not greasy, but it also doesn't do a very good job. I tried to use it as I do my MAC eye makeup remover (ie: rub a few drops around each eye and then use cotton pad to remove makeup). It was nowhere near as effective as the MAC version - and I have to admit, given all the raves I've heard about this product, I expected it to be better. Quite confused, really!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I bought this hoping that it'd be a better alternative to all the cleansing oils that I've tried, which eventually break me out after a few months; however, this removed everything, but my shiseido spf 55 sunscreen :( Regardless, it's still my HG makeup remover even though it's quite expensive and runs out quickly. A bottle of cleansing oil lasts me about 6 months while a 500 ml of bioderma lasts around 2-3 months. I have combination acne-prone skin and this has never broken me out, irritated ( I was particularly nervous about trying a new cleanser since I have VERY sensitive skin) or dried my skin out. I don't follow up with another cleanser since this doesn't leave residue (that bothers me).
Edit: (11/30/12): The only reason I rinse my face with water again is because I find the residue to be bitter, especially when I lick my lips.
Edit (12/19/12): I bought a 500 ml bottle of this online on Amazon and it has different ingredients. Haven't tried it yet so hopefully it won't irritate my skin.
Ingredients: Water, PEG-6 Caprylic/ capric glycerides, glycerin, polysorbate 20, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ammonium lactate, plantago major leaf extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligocsaccharides, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I don't rely on this to remove my face makeup. I've tried and it took too much work and multiple cotton pads. I just stick to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. However, I mainly use it to remove my lip makeup. I don't want my lipstick to get all over my face when using the cleansing oil, so I remove my lip makeup first with this cleansing water. I prefer to use this over the oil because it doesn't leave any residue behind and it only takes one swipe. It even removes MUFE Aqua lip pencils. I also use it to remove any cream or gel mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am using a water- based makeup remover? Wow!
This is absolutely amazing. This is an effective yet gentle remover. It is a non-rinse formula.It removes all my makeup including waterproof mascaras. No rubbing required, just soak a cotton pad and place it on the eyes/ face. Glad to see my mascara flaking off when it should.

Gave it a less than perfect rating because the price caused a raise- my- eyebrow moment. The full- sized bottle costs slightly more than my makeup remover oil and regular makeup remover combined. Besides, it's only available in a few stores here.

As for repurchasing, I'd say it's yes for function, no for price and availability. Which makes it a maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most effective, yet gentle makeup cleanser that I've ever tried, it takes off everything (eyes, lips & face makeup). Unfortunately this is not widely available in the U.S, yes you can order online but it costs much more, I brought (2) two 500ml bottles for 16 (about $21) in Paris, this price-performance is unbeatable. I recommend using this with thin & durable cotton sheets instead of cotton pads to save product. On to the performance, Sensibio H2O cleans wonders without irritating skin, it feels like water, unscented & suitable for sensitive skin, you can use it without water but I always like to give myself a good rinse. Bioderma has amazing products, I also love it's Hydrobio Legere & Pore Refiner.
I love Sensibio H2O & will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by nidusm

This stuff takes off every last bit of makeup of.. a face full of foundation, bronzer eyeliner concealer, powder, eyeshadow... everything. It does not irritate the skin. I use this every night to take off my makeup and even on nights when I havent worn makeup to just take the dirt of the day off... and then cleanse with sprectro jel. I have had on and off severe acne... and this is just a brilliant product. I've used up like countless bottles of this over the years

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I love this for taking off my makeup. It's so gentle and soothing and just takes your makeup off like a dream. It's not the best for taking off waterproof mascara, you'd need more of an oil based remover for that, but everything else comes off so easily (even long lasting heavy foundations). It is reasonably priced on Ebay (since it's not readily available in UK) and the cheapest you can probably find it is about 11, which in my opinion is totally worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a makeup artist this is the one product I can't possibly live without. I have bottles of this all over the place. It's so gentle on eyes but does a great job of cutting through layers of makeup with ease quickly. I use an oil based eye makeup remover to take off heavy liners and waterproof mascaras but I still end up using this to remove the residue left behind by the oil. It's expensive but I have tried others and I always rush back to buy this again. You can reapply makeup within seconds of using this making it awesome for touch ups and corrections as well. It deserves its cult status.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nussa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always thought that mechanical scrub will take my makeup off best. I was wrong. I did a test; first i used my scrub, right after that i used Bioderma - and there was so much makeup on my cotton pad! So, for me this means that most of makeup is removed with this product. Which is crucial. Other thing I like about this: no special scent, no color, doesn't cause any redness in skin, calms the skin, doesn't clog pores, lasts a long time if you aren't wasteful, it doesn't dry out your skin- it actually hydrates the skin, you don't have to rinse it off(i leave it on for any potential benefits).
You'll have to get used to this one; it acts like water so the feeling might be strange at first. You'll just have to say goodbye to foamy products which give a feeling of cleanliness to some people.
The price is a bit high; I payed around 12 (=15$). If the product is worth the price or not, i don't know. Depends on each buyer. For me, it is acceptable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Bossanova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Crealine H2O solution! It is the best liquid cleanser for me, and I use it for the eyes and face. It is gentle, not oily (really dislike oily eye makeup removers) and effective! I suppose it does not do deep cleansing, but for daily use it is great. Good price too! Unfortunately a bit tricky to find (hello French pharmacy bulk shopping!), but I have made the effort and stocked up many many times... since 2006 or something like that! I tend to buy the biggest bottles, but the smaller sizes, or travel sizes are very practical too (the Crealine H2O wipes are equally good and practical). Clearly a staple for me.