April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I havent bought any full jars yet, but I've been trying to find the perfect match for my skin color still with the samples. It looks so natural on my face and does not look cakey (make sure u dont apply alot). The concealer goes perfectly with the foundation. My skin feels comfortable with this .

UPDATE: I really wanted to stick with this make-up, but for some reason it broke me out VERY bad around my nose area, and i never break out on that area. Also, i never found a match for my skintone, their variety of shades is way too overwhelming. I discontinued use and went back to my good ole chanel teint innocence. I think I'll try Everyday Minerals in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by holiday11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been playing with my Alima samples for the last three weeks. I have been a BE user for about 5 years. About once a year, I would switch to a liquid or cream foundation because I would get tired of the shine factor with BE. I truly believe I have found my foundation HG. I am still trying to determine which color is best - surprisingly, there are quite a few that work really well for me. I wore BE 1.2 (Fairly Light). I think I'll end up buying either Biege 1 or Neutral 2. Today I am wearing Cool 2, and it is too cool for my skin. Olive 0 looks good, too. So obviously, I have a color decision to make, but the texture and finish are unbelievable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first MMU I've ever worn. The ladies on the MU board turned me on to it when I was trying to find something that would stay put during our horrible summer humidity.

It's pretty good at staying on. I have dry, sensitive skin. As long as I use a lot of moisturizer, I can wear this w/o any flaking or patching.

Sweating it off is still a bit of a problem, but I don't think there is any MU that would stay on in 99% humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by wwwdotdawn

Mac C-3 or NC-30 complexion. I purchased several samples and found Beige 3 matches me perfectly.

The Good:
No sparkly undertones, matte color that stays on. I specifically wore it to the gym to see what would happen and it stayed on, I then took a nap and woke up and it was still on!

I just ordered my large size with several more samples today to try other items from this line.

Buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Tabby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alima's shade range is fabulous. As we all know, very subtle differences in a foundation's color can translate into either a subtle and gorgeous finished look on the face -- or a very UNsubtle and even ghoulish finished look, so I appreciate that they have so many choices for so many different skin tones. I'm not as gaga over the texture of their foundation, though you think I would be, as my skin tends toward oiliness, but as I also have sun damage, I find that the makeup is not very forgiving on those dreadful orange peel areas. Bottom line: I don't think you can beat this line for shade range, and I imagine that if your overall skin texture is even and smooth, you will adore the application and the wearability. But for my money, even though I like Alima well enough to keep checking out their site and perhaps making another purchase, Aromaleigh's Glissade line, while not as beautifully subtle in its color range as Alima's, simply does a better job of making my skin look and feel smooth, creamy, and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by senbei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fabulous. I literally tried every liquid or powder foundation at Sephora this week arghhhh(!) and no matches. I tried samples of Warm 2-4 and Golden 2-4 for my Asian, slightly olive skin. Both of these series were lighter than I expected them to be. The Golden series are truly yellow, as in crayon yellow. The Warms are pretty yellow as well and made my skin look powdery, but when I mixed it with Eucerin sunscreen moisturizer, the finish was perfect. The slight yellow cast brightened my skin, but I'm going to try olive for a closer match as well, though this worked beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was getting desperate to find a powder or mineral makeup to match my very, very fair skintone (BE Fair, and Lancome, Clinique, Prescriptives, and Maybelline Dream Matte powders were all too dark) and I decided to try Alima based on the reviews here. The company has excellent customer service and my order arrived within a few days and with generous extra samples. The foundation samples come in a cute mini-plastic pot and are great to travel with! I ordered C-0, C-1, and N-0. Much to my surprise, the C-0 was actually too light for my face! It is pretty much paper-white. The C-1 looked better, but I think the N-0 worked the best at evening out and matching my skintone, so I ended up buying the N-0 full-size pot. I use my stila concealer brush to dab where I need more coverage and my stila #21 brush to buff onto my face. The coverage is sheer, but buildable, and the texture of the minerals is very fine (much more so than BE). I like the satin matte finish - not shiny, just glowy. After about three weeks, no breakouts and I like that the packaging is plastic, so it is much easier to keep clean (unlike the BE rubberized top). Reasonably priced as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an update based on transition to summer: I first tried Alima in the fall & winter, so my skin was drier and I needed a golden color to match the fading summer tan. Now it's spring & hot/humid and I'm appreciating this foundation even more. I have normal to dry skin but can't bear to put liquid fndn on in this weather. The Alima settles down beautifully, evens out imperfections and - this is key - if you get the right color it never looks cakey or 'kabuki'. If it does, you have the wrong shade. I'm really going to depend on this for the summer & recommend it over any other mmu. I was a devoted cream/liquid user until trying this, and now I'm totally converted. It looks great in pictures too.

I found a perfect match in G-3 for summer - that is, a match to pull my face and neck together. It looks bright banana yellow in the pot but a light dusting settles in and looks invisible, yet gives me even, healthy looking skin.

But there is no other foundation out there, liquid, powder or cream, that measures up to the color range of this one or goes as far out into the yellows without being orange or peach. I would buy again. *Update* I've switched to W3/W4 for winter and it's a great match. I miss the finish of cream foundations so I often pat on some moisturizer after applying this. Amazingly, it doesn't melt off or smear. I keep wanting to go back to cream or liquid, but when I try, I miss the color match and weightless feel of this stuff. Two tips: use lots of moisturizer and/or a hydrating primer underneath (LM Hydrating is great) and use a little shimmer powder to relieve the matte-ness of it. I've used Alima powders (gorgeous), Shimmerbricks and Scott Barnes Diamond Dust and all do the job. Just use a light hand on both the foundation & the shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this makeup. It looks so natural and there's like a million colors to choose from. Price is reasonable for a mineral makeup, shipping is speedy and they always send you cute little samples w/ your purchases. Love that they let you buy a million dirt cheap little samples of the makeup before you commit to a big jar so you can find the right color for you. Coverage is light to medium, a few light layers of product beats one heavy application. Ingredients are all-natural, no parabens, fragrance, phthalates, bismuth, etc. My one gripe is the packaging and I have this complaint w/ all the mineral makeups I've tried. Why, why, why, can't they come up with a little slider thingy that will keep the makeup in the jar and not resting on top of the sifter so I can throw this in my purse and so that when I'm in a rush, I can just pull it back a little and not have a huge lump of powder dump into the lid when I'm trying to tap just a bit in?? Eeergggh! Okay I feel better now :-) Oh, I almost forgot to add, unlike a lot of other mineral makeups (i.e. BE) the color stays the same throughout the day. No turning into a pumpkin at midnight.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by myamax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a quality mineral make-up with a very large selection to suit many skintones. It doesn't turn orange on my skin later in the day which is another plus! However, while I would purchase it again, I must say I may have found another mineral make-up I like better as it gives a creamy glow to my skin - U Glo Girl. I alternate between these two brands at the moment. If you are into mineral make-up give Alima a try as their customer service is fantastic, qualithy is really good, and their selection is great.