August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Everyday Minerals for 4 years now. It used to be that their lightest shade of neutral foundation was a perfect colour match for me, but sometime in the year between my last order and my present one they redid their colours, and now it's much to pale for me, but their other colours are too dark. So I have been on the hunt for a new mineral foundation and seeing all the raves on the boards about this brand I thought they would be a good place to try. I purchased samples of the lightest colours in neutral, cool, and beige since they looked pretty close. I have to say that the samples are very generous and I will certainly get 4-6 applications from the sample sizes, perhaps more. the lightest shade in neutral was perfect colour match wise. The thing I really like about this foundation is that it covers very well, but it isn't heavy; I like everyday minerals, but to get this kind of coverage it looks and feels heavy & caky. So, I guess I have found my new foundation! Also I should note that everything was packaged really nicely, and shipping was super quick. ETA: after a few weeks this began to break me out, so I had to discontinue use. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by yelsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After being a MAC Studio Fix girl for several years and attempting to switch over to a mineral make up, I have found my HG with Alima (I've been using it for about 2 months now). I tried Everyday Minerals, Merle Norman MMU, BE, Mineral Fusion, Lumiere, and a couple others. But for some reason (I wish I knew why), Alima works perfectly on my combination skin. Doesn't itch, doesn't break me out, doesn't sink into my pores, but does give my skin that air brushed, but natural, look. I'm an NW20 in MAC and am using a combo of C2 (appx. 75%) and N2 (appx. 25%). I highly recommend giving this a try... I also LOVE the Alima flocked sponge. I use Alima's #25 foundation brush for my entire face and follow up with the sponge on places that need extra coverage. By the way - they've come out with new packaging and it's super cute!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

HG! I've been using this for 3 months now and can relate to the wonderful reviews. Currently using w4 and this suits my NC35-37 skintone very well. Slightly too olive but that's okay. Looks airbrushed going on and lasts even with my oily/combo skin. Works so well with the #25 brush....thought EDM was my HG but this has taken over...looks so good in pics

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I havent bought any full jars yet, but I've been trying to find the perfect match for my skin color still with the samples. It looks so natural on my face and does not look cakey (make sure u dont apply alot). The concealer goes perfectly with the foundation. My skin feels comfortable with this .

UPDATE: I really wanted to stick with this make-up, but for some reason it broke me out VERY bad around my nose area, and i never break out on that area. Also, i never found a match for my skintone, their variety of shades is way too overwhelming. I discontinued use and went back to my good ole chanel teint innocence. I think I'll try Everyday Minerals in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by holiday11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been playing with my Alima samples for the last three weeks. I have been a BE user for about 5 years. About once a year, I would switch to a liquid or cream foundation because I would get tired of the shine factor with BE. I truly believe I have found my foundation HG. I am still trying to determine which color is best - surprisingly, there are quite a few that work really well for me. I wore BE 1.2 (Fairly Light). I think I'll end up buying either Biege 1 or Neutral 2. Today I am wearing Cool 2, and it is too cool for my skin. Olive 0 looks good, too. So obviously, I have a color decision to make, but the texture and finish are unbelievable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first MMU I've ever worn. The ladies on the MU board turned me on to it when I was trying to find something that would stay put during our horrible summer humidity.

It's pretty good at staying on. I have dry, sensitive skin. As long as I use a lot of moisturizer, I can wear this w/o any flaking or patching.

Sweating it off is still a bit of a problem, but I don't think there is any MU that would stay on in 99% humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by wwwdotdawn

Mac C-3 or NC-30 complexion. I purchased several samples and found Beige 3 matches me perfectly.

The Good:
No sparkly undertones, matte color that stays on. I specifically wore it to the gym to see what would happen and it stayed on, I then took a nap and woke up and it was still on!

I just ordered my large size with several more samples today to try other items from this line.

Buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Tabby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alima's shade range is fabulous. As we all know, very subtle differences in a foundation's color can translate into either a subtle and gorgeous finished look on the face -- or a very UNsubtle and even ghoulish finished look, so I appreciate that they have so many choices for so many different skin tones. I'm not as gaga over the texture of their foundation, though you think I would be, as my skin tends toward oiliness, but as I also have sun damage, I find that the makeup is not very forgiving on those dreadful orange peel areas. Bottom line: I don't think you can beat this line for shade range, and I imagine that if your overall skin texture is even and smooth, you will adore the application and the wearability. But for my money, even though I like Alima well enough to keep checking out their site and perhaps making another purchase, Aromaleigh's Glissade line, while not as beautifully subtle in its color range as Alima's, simply does a better job of making my skin look and feel smooth, creamy, and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by senbei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fabulous. I literally tried every liquid or powder foundation at Sephora this week arghhhh(!) and no matches. I tried samples of Warm 2-4 and Golden 2-4 for my Asian, slightly olive skin. Both of these series were lighter than I expected them to be. The Golden series are truly yellow, as in crayon yellow. The Warms are pretty yellow as well and made my skin look powdery, but when I mixed it with Eucerin sunscreen moisturizer, the finish was perfect. The slight yellow cast brightened my skin, but I'm going to try olive for a closer match as well, though this worked beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was getting desperate to find a powder or mineral makeup to match my very, very fair skintone (BE Fair, and Lancome, Clinique, Prescriptives, and Maybelline Dream Matte powders were all too dark) and I decided to try Alima based on the reviews here. The company has excellent customer service and my order arrived within a few days and with generous extra samples. The foundation samples come in a cute mini-plastic pot and are great to travel with! I ordered C-0, C-1, and N-0. Much to my surprise, the C-0 was actually too light for my face! It is pretty much paper-white. The C-1 looked better, but I think the N-0 worked the best at evening out and matching my skintone, so I ended up buying the N-0 full-size pot. I use my stila concealer brush to dab where I need more coverage and my stila #21 brush to buff onto my face. The coverage is sheer, but buildable, and the texture of the minerals is very fine (much more so than BE). I like the satin matte finish - not shiny, just glowy. After about three weeks, no breakouts and I like that the packaging is plastic, so it is much easier to keep clean (unlike the BE rubberized top). Reasonably priced as well.