October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a swap and it didn't look like a color I would normally wear. I already had NYX Champagne which was not a favorite, but I went ahead and wore it the next day. Nice wash of color! So I swatched the two together and they were very close, until you start change the lighting. The undertones are different Champagne has a orange undertone, were All That Glitters has a purple undertone. Purple undertone is very neutral making the shade more wearable.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by littleboots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute most favouritest eye shadow, and I have TONNES of eyeshadows! :)

This eyeshadow compliments my green/hazel eyes. I put a sweep of it all over, up to eyebrows, with thick liner and statement lip, or use it as my eyelid base colour and do loads of contouring with bronzier shades. It's amazing. And I almost didn't pick it up cos when I swatched it at te counter, It looked so MBLEH! :-O

Kudos to MAC! :)

PS - The only thing that sucks is the price... 15euro?! (Irish prices)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by VikiLyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. I have to say, I'm just not impressed. This is my first MAC eyeshadow, and it just doesn't do much for me. I thought I'd branch out a little and try other products by MAC than just the lipstick I have bought on and off for several years. I chose this color because I often wear just a wash of a champagne color all over my lids and it seemed I could do that with All That Glitters. I have pretty dry skin and don't have oily eyelids usually. I rarely wear a primer because I just have never needed to. This stuff just disappears! I put it on this morning around 8 and by noon it was GONE. There was a little shimmer left, nothing else.
I have several eyeshadows which are almost the exact same pinky/peachy champagne color (Alima's Chai, ZuZu Luxe's Eternity, Clinique Lucky Penny), and they all last all day long and then some, without primer. Sad I spent the money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ohbellaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW. It some hows manages to work it's way into an eyeshadow look that I do. Majorty of the time, it's my main lid color but sometimes I'll add it as a brow bone or tear duct high-light. The pigmentation is great and I love the color. Lovelovelove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

I know I am in the minority here, but I don't really like this color....at all (ducks). I definitely think this is more suited to warm-toned gals. I am cool/neutral and I pull so much orange out of this. Actually, I bought this with Woodwinked which did the exact same thing, so I just looked so sick and sad...and orange, yuck. To counteract this orangey color, the MA said to try soft ochre paint pot which to some extent helped but not enough that I felt like I had to have this.

I would describe the color as peachy shimmer with golden flecks. Its a veluxe pearl which is a faboosh texture. But you gotta like the color.

So if you too are having issues with ATG, may I suggest some alternatives...the peachy shade in the WnW Walking on Eggshells trio (everything I want ATG to be), or NYX Champagne. These colors I find are more brightening and don't pull orange. So 3 lippies since I can't pull off this color, but still think its a pretty peach shade!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

It's a pretty colour, just not a very unique one. That's why i wouldn't repurchase. Cheaper brands have dupes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My all time fav golden shimmery eye shadow! I used this with many different brown colors on my eyes and it looks amazing with all of them! Looks great on the lids. Absolutely beautiful! I keep repurchasing when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am generally a big fan of MAC shadows and this one is nice except that on my NW20 skin it barely shows up. It really just looks like my normal skin is shimmery. That can come in handy from time to time but I don't find myself reaching for this shade often. I tend to use it as a highlight more than anything else. Disappointing because I really wanted to like it a lot more than I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kaybay34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this shadow every day as my lid color, it looks really nice with just a nice chocolate brown color in the crease. even though its 14 bucks i would buy it again, it lasts forever , i've had it since september and its still up and running! i love eyeshadow its a gorgeous neutral color.If You're new to mac, Make this your first eyeshadow:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on the lid or lightly below my brow as a highlight color. It's a gorgeous champagne peachy-pink color. I usually base my lid with Fresco Rose paint pot before I put it on so it can really pop.