October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by heavendelivered

I use the Yellow one and works great for bags and eyes. It does line a bit to wrinkles but brightens your eyes and lasts without caking. Its cheap. Easy to travel with and use. It's my fav as of yet. Not good at covering blemishes or scars great for purple-blueish areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by meepmeeppow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may be in the minority, but this concealer is the best i've ever used and I have been using it for about 3 years now. It is quite thick compared to a lot of other concealers similar but thats what I like about it. I have acne prone skin occaisionally and it is a miracle in covering up scars and blemishes and is also great for any dark bits and circles. I couldnt live without it and I have tried other concealers when I havnt been able to find it and none have done the job as well as this. I dont think it would be good for someone with very good skin as it is quite thick but never looks cakey on me and blends in very well. It is great and perfect for my skin and is a god send for blemishes and all that stuff! lol . I would definately but again as I have done for years and will continue too! lol. Cant big this up enough (although I dont think it will be for every skin type). I use Fair <3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bad: No colour available to match my skin..I got medium but that was a few shades lighter than I wanted.

Good: Easy to use. Nice lipstick-y stick.

Bad: You need to add moisturizer to blend it, though.

Good: Got a lot of use out of it.

Bad: People could TELL I was using it.

Good: Nothing else positive to say.

Bad: I BARELY have circles..I mean I need the most minimum coverage EVER. And yet, with this concealer, they showed through, and looked more obvious than ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by babyvamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, this wasn't as good as I wished it would be. I used it to cover zits and undereye darkness, but it didn't do either well. It didn't last long, over the day it would cake! The Light 3 is too light for me, weird cuz I wear Light 1 in Maybelline stuff. It turned by greyish undereye circles kind of white covering grey. In other words, I looked worse! With my reddish zits, it caked up and didn't cover them! It was more like a see-through white color. Won't repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tubachuba

This is awful. It looked so chalky and cakey when i used it to cover up my acne marks. I got the lightest shade and it was still to dark. It looked very orange. This also was very hard to blend.

EDIT: Okay now its summer time and i got darker and my skin got less dry and this concealer actually is not bad! The shade (light ivory i think) is now just a little too light on me but if i put mineral foundation over it will look fine.It covers well (though its hard to use on your under eye circles so i use a seperate liquid concealer) It would be good for people with normal-oily skin . This concealer would really accentuate any dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I use this as part of my daily make-up routine. I use it for under and over my eye lids. I use the bare escentuals primer and than I use this concealer and it spreads evenly and clearly. I've been using this for 2 years. Its great and cheap. Its works well with my mineral foundation form bare escentuals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think the packaging is cute! I can put into my travel bag and not worry about it. I use a concealer brush and dab underneath my eyes and on a few blemishes. It's cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is ugly, but it gets points for being small and easy to travel with. The stick broke though! The colors are VERY yellow-based, which is fine for me. This applies okay, but the minute after it dries it becomes extremely cakey and enhances fine lines. Not as much coverage as I'd like either. Lasts a pretty long time. Even on my nose, where my skin is very oily, it flakes and makes my skin look icky and dry! Hard to blend too.

Pros: Easy to travel with, applies okay, lasts a pretty long time, cheap!
Cons: Stick broke, ugly packaging, cakey, enhances fine lines, not enough coverage, flakey

EDIT: Now that it's warmer out it's easier to apply and blend. It looks less cakey, but the coverage is still only medium-to-buildable and looks very cakey on blemishes. Sigh. The search continues!!!

EDIT: The coverage is better than I thought, though it is still pretty cakey. I upped it one lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

First off, you probably don't want to buy any sort of cover stick if you're looking for an under eye concealer or an eye shadow base. It doesn't have quite the right color or texture to be as effective. However, concealer sticks are excellent at concealing acne because of their coverage, and I use this product for that purpose.

I have also used both the Almay and Cover Girl versions of the cover stick. Cover Girl oils up after a while and broke my skin out - that brand honestly does not seem to work that well with skin products, and Almay basically does the same thing as the Maybelline brand except that it is about $3 more.

This Maybelline cover stick conceals my acne and does NOT rub or melt off throughout the day. I have fairly oily skin so that has always been an issue for me. The color is natural (I use medium beige) and does not make my skin go crazier than usual. The trick to applying this is by putting some product directly where you want to conceal, then gently PAT, not rub, the concealer with a make up sponge until it blends into the rest of your skin.

My skin looks much better when I put this on, and no one even knows I wear make up. I definitely recommend this brand for it's cheap price ($4 - $5) and effectiveness. It does run out in 1-2 months, but then again I probably use more concealer than most people since I apply it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my FAVORITE concealer for many many years for a number of reasons. It's pretty cheap, it goes on smooth, doesnt cake up, covers EVERYTHING, and does not clog my pores or make me break out. I highly recommend this concealer to everyone out there!!! I have tried a lot of the higher end concealers that are way more exspenive and nothing even comes close to this product.