July 29, 2014 | 1262 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by babyvamp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, this wasn't as good as I wished it would be. I used it to cover zits and undereye darkness, but it didn't do either well. It didn't last long, over the day it would cake! The Light 3 is too light for me, weird cuz I wear Light 1 in Maybelline stuff. It turned by greyish undereye circles kind of white covering grey. In other words, I looked worse! With my reddish zits, it caked up and didn't cover them! It was more like a see-through white color. Won't repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tubachuba

This is awful. It looked so chalky and cakey when i used it to cover up my acne marks. I got the lightest shade and it was still to dark. It looked very orange. This also was very hard to blend.

EDIT: Okay now its summer time and i got darker and my skin got less dry and this concealer actually is not bad! The shade (light ivory i think) is now just a little too light on me but if i put mineral foundation over it will look fine.It covers well (though its hard to use on your under eye circles so i use a seperate liquid concealer) It would be good for people with normal-oily skin . This concealer would really accentuate any dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I use this as part of my daily make-up routine. I use it for under and over my eye lids. I use the bare escentuals primer and than I use this concealer and it spreads evenly and clearly. I've been using this for 2 years. Its great and cheap. Its works well with my mineral foundation form bare escentuals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think the packaging is cute! I can put into my travel bag and not worry about it. I use a concealer brush and dab underneath my eyes and on a few blemishes. It's cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is ugly, but it gets points for being small and easy to travel with. The stick broke though! The colors are VERY yellow-based, which is fine for me. This applies okay, but the minute after it dries it becomes extremely cakey and enhances fine lines. Not as much coverage as I'd like either. Lasts a pretty long time. Even on my nose, where my skin is very oily, it flakes and makes my skin look icky and dry! Hard to blend too.

Pros: Easy to travel with, applies okay, lasts a pretty long time, cheap!
Cons: Stick broke, ugly packaging, cakey, enhances fine lines, not enough coverage, flakey

EDIT: Now that it's warmer out it's easier to apply and blend. It looks less cakey, but the coverage is still only medium-to-buildable and looks very cakey on blemishes. Sigh. The search continues!!!

EDIT: The coverage is better than I thought, though it is still pretty cakey. I upped it one lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by alicatgirl93

First off, you probably don't want to buy any sort of cover stick if you're looking for an under eye concealer or an eye shadow base. It doesn't have quite the right color or texture to be as effective. However, concealer sticks are excellent at concealing acne because of their coverage, and I use this product for that purpose.

I have also used both the Almay and Cover Girl versions of the cover stick. Cover Girl oils up after a while and broke my skin out - that brand honestly does not seem to work that well with skin products, and Almay basically does the same thing as the Maybelline brand except that it is about $3 more.

This Maybelline cover stick conceals my acne and does NOT rub or melt off throughout the day. I have fairly oily skin so that has always been an issue for me. The color is natural (I use medium beige) and does not make my skin go crazier than usual. The trick to applying this is by putting some product directly where you want to conceal, then gently PAT, not rub, the concealer with a make up sponge until it blends into the rest of your skin.

My skin looks much better when I put this on, and no one even knows I wear make up. I definitely recommend this brand for it's cheap price ($4 - $5) and effectiveness. It does run out in 1-2 months, but then again I probably use more concealer than most people since I apply it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my FAVORITE concealer for many many years for a number of reasons. It's pretty cheap, it goes on smooth, doesnt cake up, covers EVERYTHING, and does not clog my pores or make me break out. I highly recommend this concealer to everyone out there!!! I have tried a lot of the higher end concealers that are way more exspenive and nothing even comes close to this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Kairin

PROS: Does cover well. Very well in fact. Goes on smoothly. Doesn't cake or show fine lines. Good colors (I have one in medium and dark medium from buy one get one at Walgreens).
CONS: Um, none that I've encountered yet. I'll update if I find something wrong. Maybe a little thick? If you don't like thick it's not for you. I don't mind thick so...
I'd repurchase! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by paulababe1985

love it and it doesn't smudge I usually purchase the ivory shade for my undereyes and a green one for blemishes and redness try it you won't regret. I've been using it since high school I'm now 23 and haven't fell in love with another.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by missycon408

I realize that this old school product has a cult following, but there are better concealers out there. I am still trying to find my HG, but decided to pick up a stick for nostalgias sake. I needed this for my under eye area, so I choose yellow. I moisturized, but this stuff creases horribly! Needless to say-I will not be repurchasing.