September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Powder - Stila - Illuminating Powder Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2004 12:00:00 PM More reviews by tabithaw

This was my first foray into powder foundation and what a big mistake it was! I have combo/oily skin and thought the powder foundation would give me less shine.

I was also looking for something with SPF in it (since i broke out from other products with SPF, I thought using a powder product would be more suitable).This did not cause me to break out, but it did turn darker on my face...a whole lot darker.

Wont repurchase.A pity cos i like the idea of a light reflecting foundation and the packaging is very hygenic. The sponge is kept separate from the powder, you have to flip the powder case to get to the sponge (hence the 2 lippies).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by bizarrebara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very versital very natural powder or foundation! On good skin days i put some under eye consealor on and apply this damp with the SK foundation brush, on worse skin days i dust over foundation for a luminuse never oily finish. I am 20watte in the liquid but 30watte in this and it works well w/ my skin! love it, the only bad thing is i didn't want to buy the compact so i put it in another compact and it doens't fit quite right. UPDATE i think this was the cause of some breakouts, I've never had any trouble with any stila foundation but i think this one broke me out : ( im VERY breakout prone so it still may work for others. I changed my rating to a three but no lower because it does match my skin well and leave a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2004 4:01:00 AM More reviews by fuxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Glowy, luminous skin! thats what this powder did for my complexioN! this is the only foundation i've able to reach the bottom of the pan! this powder is finely milled, but it does have a weird smell..but its ok =) it fades after a while. i hate it that the compact is being sold seperately! i've throw away the original sponge as black spots are starting to appear even tho i wash my sponge frequently...gross..i know =) will get the refill once i reach the sides...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by emit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stila's IPF is very pretty - it gives your skin a subtle glowy sheen. The coverage it provides is on the light side, and so I've used it as a powder over my diluted Clinique Superfit liquid foundation. All in all, I think it gives nice results, but unfortunately, I suspect that it may be breaking my skin out (the product contains mineral oil). Consequently, I probably won't be repurchasing. (For ladies who have trouble with their skin breaking out, I'd recommend trying Shiseido's Powdery Foundation, which I've used in the past with very nice results.)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by bedouinjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

want to love it--hate it.
It doesn't seem to do much( and i'm not really a 'foundation' person. )
What a cash lay out ---and the color i had to go with doesn't work---i fall right in the middle of two different watts....booo!
There r about 3 other DRUGSTORE powders i can think of that work better.............

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by coolRED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

at first i didn't think i liked the powder because it's very sheer. but while it does not provide much coverage (not going to cover up that blemish or those dark circles under your eyes), it does a very good job at evening out my skin tone and providing a natural looking glow.
the price and packaging is a whole nother ball of wax.... i think it is absurd to have to buy the compact seperately. especially with how expensive the product is! i just bought the refill and super-glued into an empty compact i had lying around. works just dandy. don't know if i will buy this product again considering it is so pricey, but i'm enjoying for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I've been wanting to try this as a powder for touching up & not as a foundation (I need more coverage), & as such I'm liking it so far. In the colder seasons I need a powder that doesn't dry out my skin, and I may have found the right product with this. It has just a little glow that makes my dull winter-into-spring complexion look better, and the refill fits perfectly in my Shiseido compact. I prefer it over the Shiseido powder because, since it was intended for use as a foundation, it has better coverage but isn't too heavy or cakey at all over foundation. I may try this in the 20W next time - I have 30W which looks good, but a shade lighter might enhance the effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I love powder foundations for their coverage and convenience and Stila has a winner with IPF. No breakouts or oxidation, found a very good color match with B (20 watt),. The initial outlay is pricey, but on the bright side no guilt when you use it up tossing a cute compact. I liked Chantecaille's but for $50.00 now, and not refillable I'll keep getting the IPF. Aveda's is nice also, but I get a better color match with Stila. A definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2004 9:15:00 AM More reviews by IMAproductwhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Still figuring this one out...great formula and color, v. light coverage, natural looking. However, did have breakout, but not sure if it was due to the product or the PMS. Major gripe about the packaging - the compact cost just as much as the makeup. And, it's nothing spectacular to look at. Perhaps will update at later time...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I liked this one as a powder rather than a foundation. I tried it as a foundation, but I found I didn't get the coverage I was looking for. But, as a fuller coverage powder, it's great! I use the 30 watts and find it looks pretty natural. It never looks like cakey as I find most powder foundation to look (Studiofix). The compact is cute that goes with it. I wouldn't pay full retail for it though, especially not in Canada ($$$). It's worth swapping for!