October 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only highlighting type product I've used so far which gives my skin a lovely glow without any hint of glitter or shimmer. I don't like the strange artificial scent although I'm becoming a bit more used to it. Also, it's strange that MAC designed the bottle to be stood on its head but the cap is rounded so it doesn't quite stay upright.

Depending on my skin's need, I either use this alone as a moisturiser, or mix it with another moisturiser/sunscreen to fake lovely, dewy skin. It would be great if MAC could make this in a bronze version as well for those pale, wintry months. It's also a bit pricey for the quantity but it's the best illuminating product I've used so far so I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by jganzon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loooove this! my skin feels and looks healthy whenever i apply it under and on top of my foundation, a must have, will purchase this until the end of my time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lcr1981

This mixed with MAC select cover up makes skin look amazing. I use this on models instead of foundation if their skin is good enough, and I use it on myself. Bit pricey so can understand why people might give it a miss, but it really does make skin glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by missgiggly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product, and it is definitely pricey, considering the size - but I don't use it as all over face moisturiser. Even my friendly MAC MA said not to use it everyday, and to use it on the apples of my cheeks, or forehead, but mixing this with my foundation in those areas, I feel all dewy, and rock-star like! It really brightens up things, even when I don't have a glam eyeshadow, having glowy skin makes it worthwhile. (FYI I'm 27 and have NC35 skin, light olive complexion)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Em92992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is expensive, yes, but totally worth it. When I first got it I was a bit miffed, to tell you the truth, because the bottle is pretty damn small for the 30.00 price. But I love it to death and use it everyday. You have to experiment with this stuff, but it all works well if you find the right method. I...
-wash my face
-moisturize it with a cheap, good moisturizer
-let the moisturizer dry
-squeeze out a half-a-dime sized amount and PAT it on my cheek bones and temples.
-let that dry a bit
-put on my mineral foundation (everyday minerals)
-put on my blush
-squeeze another half-a-dime sized amount and put it over my cheeks and temples

It works wonderfully this way, and gives me a nice, healthy glow allllll day. It tends to sink into my skin if I do not moisturize properly before. It's not shimmery, or glittery. A little goes a long way, and the simple packaging is actually pretty great for dispensing a very tiny amount. Will repurchase, but I'm sure it will take a while to get through it with the little amount I use everyday.

What can I say? Mac is expensive, but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strobe Cream gives me a very subtle glow, which seems to disappear when I apply foundation. For me, its main usefulness is for days when I don't wear much make-up and only use a tinted moisturiser or powder or nothing at all on top of SC. It applies magically and seems to smooth out my skin. I even find this good as a make-up base instead of primer. My only criticism is that it smells like detergent! And that smell lingers for most of the day, I find. It doesn't feel like detergent, so the smell doesn't bother me too much, but it is quite strong!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KAEKAExBABYy

i honestly don't see much of a difference when i use this with foundation and when i don't. i mix it in with my foundation. i get enough dewy-ness with a spritz of fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleBanana

I can't live without this lotion. It's wonderful especially on those mornings after a long night. Perks up your skin, leaving it glowing and NOT shiny. It's amazing if you use it with either the mineralized skin finish or hypereal foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by glossylipsy86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love Loveeeee this stuff!!!...
Lately when ever i have been watching movie awards or so on, i have seen that celebrities have this amazingly dewy, glowy look like Scarlett Johansson or Nicole Kidman..and i always thought that it was the moisturizer they used or spa's that they go to did that and probably something i could never afford, but found out that that wasnt the case, i asked around and thanx to Makeupalley board, these girls rock here, they recommend this stuff to me and i thought i would give it a try....
This stuff really gives you the dewy, girly, glowy look!it make syou look healthy and alive again!...it is not greasy at all, it makes your skin look like porcelin smooth!and the cool thing about is that it looks soooo extremly real and natural!People will think this is your real skin!!..it is not too shiny, nor is it too less shiny..Just perfect.Also, if you have dry skin like me, make sure to use a generous amount of it ..I am deeply in love with this product! This is something i will buy again and again!
I read a few reviews and there were a few ppl that said it just sank into their skin after awhile and didn't have the glowy effect for too long.It did the same thing for me the first time i used it cuz my skin was dry and i didn't have any moisturizer as a base ..Well, i realized that if you have a dry face and then putt this on top, your skin will just drink it and it will disappear yes...but you need to moisturize good, then then use this on the apple of your cheeks, then cream blush using the 187 brush..and then you dip a few more strobe cream on top on the apple of your cheek again, bridge of your nose and brow bones...Remember to use a generous amount if you have dry skin using this step...but not tooooo much either....play around with it, and you will see what i mean...I have had the strobe cream for nearly a whole day now and it still looks, dewy and fresh!
I defiantly recommend this magical stuff!!!!!!!!

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ameshi

As a moisturiser, Strobe Cream is too oily and shiny. As a primer and highligher, it is AWESOME!

I use Strobe after my moisturiser as a primer for Studiofix and it really does wonders for the makeup. Without Strobe, the powder looks fake and cakey but with it, my face has the look of flawless makeup and luminous complexion. I've received a lot of compliment for my skin and while the makeup is part of the equation, it only does so much. The Strobe Cream is the real dealbreaker.

Great size and packaging also!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No