April 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot, it gives a very nice luminous glow without looking glittery (or even shimmery) at all. I use this mixed with foundation, I pour an equal amount of each (I use makeup forever HD foundation) and mix them together before applying to my face with my MAC 187 brush. I get a very nice dewy glow, no oilies or shimmer chucks (I have oily skin and a lot of things tend to rub off but this doesn't yay!) I've also used it on top of my foundation in more strategic areas (cheekbones, nose) but I found that it's a bit too subtle to use as an actual highlighter (it's very subtle) its more of an illuminating cream that I like to use all over to make my whole face light up. I love it! It is VERY pricey though (I got mine at CCOs and I'm not sure I'd pay full price) so it is probably possible to find a dupe although I've never tried.

PS: I've heard this is what Jlo uses!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by yomama_agrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this, after stopping by MAC and asking for help with a glowy look. I ended up with this. I've been applying it over my regular moisturizer since I am really dry in the winter. I apply it with a foundation brush and use a little on the cheekbones, and across my forehead. Then I apply a light foundation to spots where I need coverage. I apply a 2nd layer of this once I've set with powder, as my last step to highlight my cheekbones. I love the look. Subtle highlight, and brightener, without shimmer, which I hate too much of.
Highly recommend this, as a higlighter, I'm not sure it would work great for me as a moisturizer alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by swtsassypnay

luv this product...i mix this wit my moisturizer to give me a nice healthy glow! but then again, hate the scent of it...smells like an old rug...hehe...sowee but ish true =( but ill definitely buy again....=)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWSCODE46

My skin is combination, with it being the extreme of both oily and dry in the effected areas. I never expected my perfect moisturizer to be found in this cream. I got a sample from my M.A.C store and used it for a few weeks and I fell in love with it. What makes this perfect for me is that I can use it all over my face and it keeps my skin very soft and matte, with the subtle glow as an extra bonus (since I don't wear makeup). My skin has a uniform smoothness and glow, even on my oily t-zone! So it has become a primary moisturizer for me. And the funny thing is based on its thick texture I really thought it was going to break out my skin, but my skin surprisingly looks like it's improved in tone. The only thing I can complain about is the smell. Do you know what what hot fresh copied paper smells like? Thats what it smells like. But other then that I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by alula

I bought this last year, liked it fine, then put it in a drawer where it languished. Recently I finally decided to experiment with it some more. As a highlighter, I have others that I like better (my LORAC powder one and the Becca Skin Perfector), but I really like to mix this 40/60 with my Tarte foundation. For me, the effect is not at all oily - I agree with the person below who says it seems to have the opposite effect. It actually keeps my foundation more matte - yet my skin looks lighter and glowier. The best part is that my blush now applies like I always wanted it to -smooth, even, and very natural.
No clue why Strobecream works on me - when I mix my Becca highlightting liquid with foundation all over my face I definitely look way too shiny.
Took off one lippie because I find it a wee bit drying - but it's winter and no biggie anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by AudreyMarie

I can't get enough of this stuff. I don't use it all over my face as the directions suggest, but just touches on the highlight points after powder, and it gives me a glow that people (okay, men; women know better) mistake for natural. The only complaints are that it does need reapplication and should come is a pump that dispenses only a tiny bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by babypink11

I LOVE macs strobe cream! i have dry skin and it gives me a nice glow...i like wearing it under mineral foundation. I have it a 4 because its not that moisturizing so i have to wear it over a moisturizer. Other than that it gives a healthy glow without looking oily! EDIT: TOO drying for my skin and plus the ingredients are a little bit harsh. I think it also broke me out. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

Smooth. Smells good. Gives my face a radiant glow. I use this UNDER makeup. Wakes my skin up and makes me look luminous from within, not sparkly or overly shimmer. I try not to use this with too many other shimmer products on the face because I don't want shimmer/sparkle/glow/glitter overload haha. DO NOT use under Hyper Real...too much sparkle lol. :D Also, this IMO does not moisturize...I still use a moisturizer with this because alone this makes my skin dry. I was told that this would make me too oily, but it does the exact opposite lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This did nothing - absolutely NOTHING for my complexion.
I love highlighters in general, I own 5 including Guerlain meteorites and MAC Lightscapade MSF. I have very pale skin and was hoping strobe cream would add a nice glow. This turned out to be a crappy equivalent to Revlon skinlights. Leaves my skin dry and greasy looking - not glowing, and I only used a tiny bit. I think this is a complete waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 1:47:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Somehow this is super thick, yet not moisturizing. The sheen is really obvious on my skin..i just look like a greaseball. I prefer NARS brightening serum.