MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 4/3/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I waited to review this because at first I was not impressed with this product. After experimenting a bit, I have begun to like this cream. I place it on my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows (in a C pattern) after putting my primer on and right before my tinted moisturizer. It gives such a beautiful glow. To emphasize the glow, I will put NARS albatross on after I put my tinted moisturizer on then set it with either MAC''s natural MSF or MUFE HD powder.

on 3/31/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

my skin was looking a bit dull & lifeless in the cold weather, no matter how moisturized it was! once i started using strobe cream as a primer, i have been complimented daily on how glowy and fabulous i look!

i would NEVER use this in place of moisturizer, although i do mix it with my moisturizer on occasion.

$29.50 is a bit steep for the amount you get, and the packaging seems deliberately designed to dispense more product than you need. however, since the strobe cream does exactly what i bought it to do (and never looks chalky/streaky like the WnW liquid highlighter does), i will probably buy it again when i run out.

on 3/12/2009 10:38:00 AM

I love this stuff. When I use mix it with my foundation, it creates a very subtle glow, and when I use it alone, it's a great highlighter or primer.

on 3/3/2009 5:32:00 PM

Do not like this product. I guess my biggest complaint is the packaging. Everytime I open the tube, I get 10x more than what I need. It needs to be stored laying on it's side I guess. Not real impressed with the product either.

on 2/28/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had gotten a sample of this at the MAC counter and thought that it was an amazing product as it gave my skin a nice glow so I bought it. However the price is a bit much though similar to most high end creams, I still love it and would still get it. It's nothing too heavy and makes my skin feel nice and soft; it's also great when mixed with foundation! I'm not too big a fan of the bottle it comes in but that's not a big deal.

EDIT: Okay so it makes my skin feel soft but it isn't very moisturizing.

on 2/21/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this stuff is heavy b/c its not right for my combo/oily skin. it makes me look oily ..well good thing i had only tried a sample of it...

This is a staple in my makeup bag.
The Girl at the Mac counter descriped it as a vitamin packed moisturiser with light reflecting particles to brighten your compexion.

I wear this under my foundation and follow with prep and prime as recommended by the Girl at Mac and I always get complments on how healthy and fresh I look. Used alone my make up pretty much stays in place all day used with the Prep and prime it doest budge.

on lazy days mix my Foundation and Strobe cream for a lighter dewy effect.

Highly recommended

on 1/22/2009 7:50:00 AM

i had heard about this product for a while but never had time to go buy it, finally did and was really happy with its results, gives a pleasant glow and can hide flaws with the way it reflects light, really nice texture too, although a tad too dewy close up but very nice at an average distance. It really picks up the visual quality of most foundations comes close to giving a porcelain effect although a much dewier one. The only negatives being the fact that using it as a primer will cause some foundations not to cover faults at all and foundation can also cake.

on 1/19/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I wanted this product for such a long time. Finally, I received it as a holiday gift from my boyfriend. I had such high hopes! I put it on and thought, "This is okay...", but... just okay. There was nothing that was $30-worthy about it. It gave me a bit of a glow, but it seemed to go away very quickly. I thought that I needed more time for the product to grow on me, because I really wanted to love this stuff.

I continued using it and was disappointed everytime. My disappointment became even greater when I realized that this stuff was breaking me out. My skin had been pretty well behaved as I have started using products with AHA. I had been applying Strobe Cream near my cupid's bow and got really painful pimples along the top of my lip.

This product does not deliver what I thought it would and it's too pricey. The only thing I got was a temporary and lackluster "glow" and some painful zits. I will NOT be repurchasing. VERY disappointing product!

on 12/29/2008 3:20:00 AM

Perfect for my dry skin. GREAT moisturizer. At first use I thought it was too heavy, but then realized that the consistency was just fine once it had a chance to seep into my skin. I also thought that it was too oily and made my face shiny. Once again, I had to let it have it's time to sink in. (unfortunately i'm in a rush, a lot) Smells great and looks great. I love the iridescence. You can wear it alone for a healthy glow or under foundation. Down side is kind of pricey for the amount that you get. Plus side, that amount has lasted me quite a while! I'm down the last drop of mine, having trouble squeezing it out, but I will definitely repurchase!

Popular Moisturizers