MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 8/20/2008 8:22:00 AM

I LOVE THIS! I bought this product out of curiousity after reading all the great reviews and I have to say it really does what it promises.
I don't wear foundation so I wear Strobe Cream by itself and it gives my face a really healthy, natural glow. A bit pricey, but it's definitely worth the money. Will buy again and again!

I got a sample of this and was pleasantly surprised. I may be one of the only people in the world who will say this, but I am not a fan of MAC. Most of their products don't work for me, and I have been continuously disappointed in their makeup.
This, however, is an exception.
I was not expecting to like this cream but WOW. It made my skin look so radiant. I put it on my cheekbones and brow bones, and I looked like I had had my makeup professionally done.

Why the 3 lipsticks only, then? Well, it made me break out in these tiny little bumps all over where I'd put it the next day. Not impressed with that. I couldn't use it again because who wants to highlight tiny weird bumps?
And I am also only giving it 3 because of the price. I don't think it should be that expensive. But I will admit I'm cheap, and a little does go a very very long way. So the 3 lipsticks is more for the break-out I got.

I MIGHT buy this product again.. but I'm thinking I wouldn't. I try my sample a couple times for now and edit this if anything changes.

on 8/16/2008 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

At first I liked this product. I really do like the finish it leaves once applied. It's like a glowy sort of look. The problem is if you have oily skin it ends up looking bad as the day goes on. The combination of oily skin and this product is not a good look. It is a greasy look. Especially in pics! Yuk! :(

on 8/16/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since it came out and as soon as it gets low, I buy another. I consistently get compliments on my skin. They always say my skin glows and what do I do to get my skin to glow the way it does. I sqeeze a dab of this and mix it with a dab of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Since you don't need a lot to get the results, my tube lasts a months! I will always buy this product!

on 8/16/2008 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

for the price i thought it'd do so much better.... i hardly get breakouts but this made me breakout more than i ever have.... i only use it on my cheeks since they can take the creamier stuff, but i make sure to stay away from the tzone area when using this (being summer my skin is oilier in this area)... i'll try it again in the winter when my skin tends to be more dry..

on 7/5/2008 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

"The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight."
(From MAC website)

STROBE CREAM can be used on its own or as a highlighter. Under foundation or tinted moisturizer this product gives skin a lightly dewy look. On itís own itís also glowy, but still looks natural. Iíve no problems using it on my n15 skin.

STROBE CREAM doesnít irritate my dry, sensitive skin. It feels nice and smoothing & the light fragrance is lovely & fresh. The tube is shaped so itís easy to grip & when itís nearly empty itís easy to balance on its lid.

on 6/30/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i really love this base/highligher. it gives me perfect glowy skin. if i want heavy make up i can, if i just wanna conceal some flaws and have a light makeup it works. either way it gives me a nice glowy healthy sexy look. can't compare to any other ones. i also like the subtleness.

on 6/26/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a really smooth, lovely cream that can be worn alone or under foundation to give a nice glow to the skin. It may be a bit too pink for some skintones. I wish MAC would come out with one that has golden shimmer!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love love love this product!! It is simply amazing, for me anyway. I wear this cream every single day, after my moisturiser and before applying my liquid foundation and it makes my skin look so glowy and dewy. You need only a small amount and it does wonders for my dry skin, makes my foundation glide on and gives me that lit from within glow that I so desire. I know some people say that this cream makes them look a disco ball, but for me it is heavenly. But, as forementioned, I do have quite dry skin, so perhaps if you are on the oily side then steer clear. The cream when looking at it does have a sheer pinkish fine shimmer, but once applied this is not at all apparent.on my NC30-35 with yellow undertones skin. All you see is glowing skin that seems radiantly healthy. You can use this in a myriad of ways, such as mixing it with your foundation, wearing it as a highligher after applying foundation or even on it's own, so is a versatile product in my opinion. I am almost out if my current bottle, so am starting to panic at the thought of being without, will definately re-stock, it a HG for me, and I don't give that status lightly :)

on 6/5/2008 9:14:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE! It's a ridiculously small bottle, I mean, really. Just tiny. But you use such a small amount that it will last forever. Makes skin look healthy and glowy, not shiny or overly shimmery. Makes make up go on smooth and looks pretty dotted on cheekbones after all make up is on. Will definitely repurchase again and again!