August 1, 2014 | 1165 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by xtinkx

I'm writing a review for this and I have only had this product for a few days. I got this as a free gift from Clinique with some special they were running and I LOVE this mascara! The reviewers are right it doesn't seem to last all day and it doesn't curl very well, but I don't care. When I put this on it was like a 98% difference in color and volume. Usually mascaras lightly coat my long already heavy lashes and they look the same. Deff not this one, I will probably buy this once I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara just doesn't work for me. It's a very wet formula, which doesn't seem to dry...this is the only mascara I've ever used where I actually have issues with transfer to my under eye area. Besides to transfer issue, it just makes my lashes look mediocre. There are so many better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I must say that this is one of the best mascaras I have tried and I will keep buying it until I find something better.
The pros:
It does make your lashes look thicker, longer and look like if you had fake lashes on.
Really intense black colour
Easy to apply and works in a couple of brushes
Beat looking lashes from all mascaras I have tried
Cons:
It sheds after a few hours
It doesn't hold the curl for long hours although the time it stays put is acceptable

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Great formula. It separated my lashes and made them look longer, it's buildable and the bush is perfect. However, this really smudges! I have big black smudges from every single eyelash under my eyebrow. Raccoon eyes is a deal breaker for me, won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ihartchanel

this is my first clinique mascara, and i was really excited to try it out, but it turned out to be kind of a dud. the formula was on the wet side, so it took about three coats to have a decent effect. it also didnt give me much volume, it just defined my lashes and lengthened them a bit. by the end of the day, i have a noticeable case of raccoon eyes (which has never happened before for me) and a bit of flaking, . the only reason i gave this a three was because the brush separated my lashes well and the formula gave me a nice eye-opening curl without an eyelash curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by zebrapower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mascara itself applied very smoothly, with literally zero clumps. I even let it dry and added a second coat, and still no clumps. The packaging is gorgeous, a sparkly dark green that I've never seen on a mascara tube before. The brush is the perfect size, it's a brushy brush type that's not too big and not too small. The one thing that makes me REALLY sad about this mascara is that it doesn't hold a curl at all. The first day I purchased this, I tried it on and stuck it right back into the box to return it as it made my Asian lashes go pin straight. However, I gave it another shot a few days later and found that the formula had dried a little and was holding the curl SLIGHTLY better. In other words, the curl will definitely droop a bit. If it weren't for this, High Impact could very well be my HG. This mascara would be perfect for someone with naturally curly lashes, but those of us with straight lashes should save their money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissPinkHeroine

I bought this mascara a month ago after my mum was telling me how good it is. So with a lot of excitement I went to the Clinique counter in my local Boots and got it in Black. It is the worst mascara I've ever used. It sort of stamp off on my upper and lower eyelids. I hate it. My mum has got this in Black,Brown and maybe that made a difference. I'll use it up but will never buy again and it's definately not worth price of 16.00.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I found this mascara flaky and a bit clumpy. Opposite to other reviewers, I actaully think the formula is too dry, not wet!
The strange thing is, this mascara can't hold a curl on my lashes at all! I'm saying strange, because most other mascaras I've tried do that quite well on my lashes. With this one, my lashes were poker straight after about half an hour, even though I'd curled them properly.
I also didn't think it volumised a great deal, and I didn't find it very lengthening. I also found it hard to use the massive brush to coat my lashes evenly.
Thumbs down from me.

EDIT: I did find one redeeming feature of this mascara, as I once accidentally popped into the shower with it on, which is: this comes off so so easily just with water! And doesn't leave smudged mascara under your eyes or anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by velvetsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I got it as a 100 pt perk from Sephora and I really want to buy the full size!

It has never clumped my lashes or left clumps of product in my lashes, no matter how many layers I put on. The wand is also pretty amazing, its very full with the typical bristles. There's something really unique about the wand that separates my lashes though, its fantastic, really!

The only thing I do not like is it flakes a bit. =/ Its not horrible by any means, just tiny flakes by the end of the day. Also, it holds the curl very well, even though I did not have the waterproof formula (I only buy w/p for that reason)

Overall, I would definitely purchase the full size of this mascara. It has some serious competition with my HG mascara, Maybelline The Falsies Flared!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by msoccrchic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! No matter what other I buy, I always go back to this. and believe me, I have tried MANY mascaras. the formula isn't too wet and isn't too dry, it's just in the middle. I have short lashes and this really builds length and volume to them without clumping or looking spidery. I got my mom hooked on this mascara as well!