Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 9/8/2008 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderfully textured, super foamy cleanser. Unfortunately, it's a bit too drying for my skin, which makes me sad because it's sorta fun to use. I can use it every once in a while, but regularly and my skin rebels. Makes a phenomenal shaving cream, though!!! Especially if you add a bit to a pouf in the shower - suds everywhere.

on 9/7/2008 8:39:00 AM

I really like this wash so far. I have used it for a few weeks as a make-up remover before I wash my face with a mild cleanser (neutrogena). I didn't realize how much make-up I was not getting off my face. I haven't broken out from this either, in fact, I think my skin is clearing up because I am not going to bed with left-over make-up on my face. I definitely plan on sticking with this cleanser.

on 8/20/2008 5:37:00 PM

I have N/C skin and this product left it too tight, it didn't remove all my mascara and make up either. It foams well but that is the only thing - at least for me. I did not want to throw it away so I gave it to my boyfriend to try - and - he loves it! He uses it every day to clean his face in the morning so I guess - although I would not buy it for me again - I would buy it for him.

on 8/19/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

best foaming cleanser I have seen in a long time. It left my skin squeaky clean and definitely not tight. I got this in a gwp.

on 8/11/2008 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very good for taking off your makeup. I love this makeup remover. It does not sting my eyes at all and it rinses off very easy. I have never had a break out with this either.

on 8/4/2008 11:14:00 PM

I used this cleanser about 2 years ago and I didn't experience any breakout. Generally, it's a good make up cleanser, convenient and gentle enough.

on 7/27/2008 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this only as a makeup remover, before my normal Bobbi Brown foaming cleanser at night to completely take my make up off because just the cleanser was not doing it. The combination of the 2 takes all my make up off and makes my face feel squeaky clean.

on 7/27/2008 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this cleanser after my make up remover on days that I feel icky. I love it. It makes my skin feel clean and refreshed.

on 7/16/2008 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Clinique's Bonus bag. I used it twice and I must say, it makes your skin feel SO squeaky clean. I also have sensitive skin so it was nice to see that I had no bad reactions to it. As for my acne, I haven't used it enough to see a huge difference. I'll be purchasing this product once I have the money for it or if Clinique has another bonus promotion again.

edit: It dries out my face way too much, and I have very oily skin!

on 7/14/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

From Clinique.com: "Concentrated foamy cream-mousse cleanser for average skins. Removes lasting wear makeup quickly, gently, efficiently. ... Follow with 3-Step Skin Care System." Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (ROFC) is meant as a makeup remover; it is NOT a cleanser in the regular sense of the word. This product is meant to remove your makeup, and then you're supposed to use an actual facial cleanser after it.

After using up a GWP size of this, I can absolutely say that I prefer Clinique's Foaming Mousse Cleanser (FMC). ROFC is concentrated, but it feel heavier on the skin versus FMC, and I had to use less FMC to clean my face versus ROFC. ROFC also stings your eyes more if you accidentally get it in there (you're supposed to avoid your eye area with it so use a separate eye makeup remover), and it feels like it leaves a squeaky film on the skin. It doesn't feel like my face is squeaky clean, it just feels oddly filmy and slick. I wouldn't purchase ROFC, if I needed a Clinique product, but I would purchase FMC. FMC seems more geared towards regular makeup and dirt, while ROFC seems more for "lasting wear makeup." If you wear a foundation that takes a while to remove, this might be a product for you to look into. But I'll stick with FMC because I don't like the filmy feeling I get when using ROFC. continued >>