September 2, 2014 | 1017 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Sunny has it's pros & cons. I would like to mention the pros first. For one, I love that this is more of a matte bronzer instead of a shimmer one. there are so many shimmery bronzers out on the market and sometimes I don't want to be all shimmery. Second, the shade is very complementary of my skintone. I'm medium olive with red tones and tans easily. I actually have to use 2 layers in order for Sunny to actually make me look bronzed. Third, I like the finish of this powder bronzer. It looks natural in pictures. Fourth, it's so darn cheap at under 3 dollars. Now, the cons. First of all, the biggest con of this bronzer is that it seems to break me out in tiny red bumps. When I stop using this, they go away. Secondly, this is a cheap powder and it doesn't have the finest formula therefore it does feel a bit chalky. Thirdly, the packaging is very flimsy. Overall, it's a nice bronzer for someone looking for a matte finish and that is on a budget. However, I will not be repurchasing due to my skin's reaction to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim, because it was $2.74 and I couldn't resist trying something reviewed so highly that cost so little.
It is a pretty good bronzer for its price, really. The powder consistency is good - smooth and not gritty - and it has good lasting power. The pigmentation is also good. I see two drawbacks of this, though. The first is that this bronzer is more of a red-brown, not a neutral brown. Kind of like tan with a hint of sunburn. My second complaint is that it doesn't blend very well. I find it kind of stays wherever my brush first hit my face, no matter how much I try to blend out. It might appear to be less blendable because it is matte and doesn't have the "sparkle" effect.
Despite these issues, if I was, say out of town and had forgotten my regular bronzer and needed one to make it through the trip, I would not hesitate to pick this up. It's not great, but for $2.74, it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by addictedtomakeup01

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. SOOOOOO MUCH .

it is amazing i love it for both contouring or just a nice light sweep over the face and neck for a nice little color to my face. i love how it is matte because i hate wearing sparkly bronzers it is just too much .

i rate it 5/5 , i rate it 1=dirt cheap because it only costs a couple dollars and is as good as any high end bronzer. i rated the packaging 4/5 because the one part i do not like is the place where the mirror is connected to the bronzer it just does not seem as sturdy as i would like.

i would totally repurchase this product and the little sun on it just makes it look so cute ! and i have been using this every single day since i got it and there is not even a little dent. it will last for a long time!

hope this helped ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG face bronzer. This color won't show up on my nc35 face in the summer, but for winter, it's amazing. Gives me a wonderful natural finish without the added sparkles. I love how this bronzer is matte since I absolutely hate sparkly bronzers. I hope N.Y.C keeps on making this because it's a great product to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tinkerpuppet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was looking for a bronzer to give my face a hint of colour through the winter on my NW20 skin. Was all set to head out to Sephora or MAC and spend $$ and checked the reviews here to find some good suggestions to look out for. Instead I found the reviews for this NYC product and figured I had nothing to lose. I'm so happy I gave it a shot! Its exactly what I wanted. I don't really contour, I just give a light sweep over my face/neck. It is sheer and matte, so if you're looking for something more dramatic, you might not like this. Like others mentioned, the packaging is cheap, but so is the price! It does have a nice mirror, and I use the sponge to protect the product inside (I use a big fluffy brush from Ecotools to apply). Will definitely repurchase and have recommended it to many!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

Best bronzer ever!!! And it's only 3$ ... You can't have better than that !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by AshleyBillxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

for the price i dont think this can be beaten, im glad it isnt super pigmented because it gives me the chance to build it up or wear it really lightly. its a lovely color with no shimmer and does just a good a job as any other bronzer i have and is a 1/4 of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

This was just an OK product nothing special. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer for contouring. I use my bare minerals all over face powder in faux tan(sometimes warmth) and then this. This product lasts longer through the day then the BE(About 4 hours without touchups). The packaging is cheap.. But for under 3 bucks at target what do you expect? The actual product doesn't seem soft or chalky so I don't see it crumbling or breaking due to packaging but only time will tell..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I recently decided to bought this cheap bronzer and a HE one, and I have to say i actually like this one better, which is about 1/10th of the cost of the more expensive one, but happy to say neither broke me out!

This product is sheer but buildable, so it looks quite natural, but even on my NC20 skin, I find it can look a bit orangey, as with many bronzers out there unfortunately..

I can't say much about the packaging because it would be absurd to expect perfection in every way from a product below $5, but it's good it has a big mirror, although I never use it and I enjoy how slim it is,, very convenient(:

The staying power is okay, after a school day it fades, but there are still some traces left and I said I would repurchase, but I have a feeling this is going to last me a while, even with everyday use :I

The ingredients in this one are still pretty bad, but its a bit better than the loose and pressed translucent powders from this line.