July 26, 2014 | 1852 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I decided to try this cleanser/mask for traveling. It eliminates one more item to bring, but I mostly use this one as a mask.
I have a few masks that I use in rotation, but this one has a great cool-tingly feeling (menthol).
It is very smooth and easy to apply. Also quite easy to wash away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

This keeps my face virtually clear...except when I am hormonal. Doesn't irritate my skin even when I leave it on for 5 minutes. When I do get a few blemishes, it lessens the time they are out and about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I like how clean feeling, minty, and fresh this product makes my face feel. Works equally well as a wash or mask but mostly I just use it as a wash. Keeps my skin clean for the most part.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Amy1999

After reading many reviews on this, I tried it out, and oh my, was it great! Gentle, but effective. I went to sleep after washing my face with this, and literally the next mornign, my 3 breakout areas were dried up (in a good way) and clear! This makes you feel clean, without drying your skin or making it tight. I am so happy I went off of the expensive, designer products and went back to Neutrogena. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by snguyen

I've used this product for a 3 months now, and I can definitely see the difference it had made to my face. It doesn't dry up up the face nor make it oily. And I really like the smell of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I'm glad this product works so well for so many women but it didn't work that great for me.

This makes a refreshing mask, thanks to the menthol (which gives a cool, pepperminty feeling) but did not control my oil the way I had hoped. When I use boring, old Mary Kay's clay "clarifying" mask for 10 minutes at night I have no oily skin in the morning. Unfortunately I always have oily skin the morning after I use Neutrogena's for the same amount of time (which is the time suggested on the back of Neutrogena's label).

Also, I will no longer use this product as a facial cleanser to remove eye make-up. My eyes stung for half an hour the time I did, due to the benzoyl peroxide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried tons and tons of acne/skincare products for my face from dirt cheap to embarrassingly expensive. I don't have bad acne, but I have a ton of bumps under the surface of my skin around my chin and break out occasionally around the tops of my cheeks and around my nose as a result of makeup. This product is really the best thing I have found that works in a couple of amazing ways. It's a great creamy everyday cleanser, but what I really love most about it is that it works as a deep cleaning mask when you leave it on for a few minutes and having one product that doubles as both also saves you $$$. After I use this stuff I can really feel how clean my skin is and it is so so soft. If you're one of those people that isn't really into fancy skincare products and don't want to spend a ton of time dealing with step after step of other products (like me) but still want awesome results, this stuff is definitely what you'll want to pick up!

*As a note, if you're going to use this stuff always wipe the opening of the bottle off with a tissue or something after you use it because it hardens when it dries which can clog up the bottle and make it seriously frustrating to get any product out after a while.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product as a present and to my surprise, I actually really like this product. As a cleanser, it really cleans my skin well and it leaves a tingling sensation behind which I really like. As a mask, i feel it really does treat my oily skin and draws out impurities. I just really like the tingling sensation it leaves behind. After using this, I noticed that it really helps with acne and best of all, it controls the oiliness of my face. After masking with this, the next few days my face feels super clean and oil-free. I usually need to use blotting papers during the day but after using this, my blotting paper has been sitting at the bottom of my drawer.

The price of this thing is truly dirt cheap for such an amazing product. The packaging is practical. I mean, it's not anything fancy or cute but it's practical.

Overall an amazing product and definitely worth trying. If you have oily skin or acne-pron skin you really should check this one out. I helped my oily skin and treated my breakouts. Will repurchase and really love this stuff. This is also perfect for traveling since all you need is one bottle for both cleansing and masking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I freaking love this cleanser. Neutrogena cleansers have never worked for me before, but this one is a gem. One of the main ingredients is bentonite clay which is really good for drawing out impurities (just google "bentonite clay acne"). I use this twice a day. Rinse face with warm water. Dry hands. Apply even layer all over face. Brush my teeth. Wash cleanser off. The time it takes to brush my teeth is just enough time for the cleanser to get in there and do its thang. I've never left it on much longer than that..the instructions say to leave on "up to 5 minutes" so I assume a couple minutes is sufficient. Leaves behind a cool minty skin feeling without drying out my reactive, acne-prone skin. Love love love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by NadiaV

My face became really acne prone after a week of taking Provera. I had 7 pimples on my face within 3 days and I've never had more than 2 at once (and that only happened a week before my period). My grandmother got me ProActiv and that made me breakout worse. After seeing a video in YouTube about this product I decided to give it a try with Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel. I used the cleanser two times a day and twice a week I used it as a mask. Within a week my face was visibly smoother, the breakouts I had were almost gone and the new ones that appeared while using this were smaller and healed faster. The mask is amazing. I use it when my face gets really oily. It is a bit drying but if you're using a good moisturizer after this its quite manageable. I'm already on my second bottle. Now that my face has cleared up I'm using a scrub in the morning to get rid of the scars and this cleanser in the morning. I clearly recommend this to people with acne prone skin.