Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/19/2009 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried this a few times and decided it is not for me. This felt horrible on my skin. It was like my skin was burning. I think it did helped with cleaning my pores but my skin felt really dry when I took it off (I have combination skin/normal to dry cheeks). Because of that, it caused my skin to produce more sebum. Hate it when companies add menthol to their products so people feel it "working".

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Overall I guess Neutrogena is not a company that
I can use but this product was so overwhellming to my skin. I mean it burned really bad I had to take it off within 30 seconds. It is so strong and maybe because I do not have acne but I like to use cleasnsers and mask but this one is awful

on 11/28/2009 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Im not sure how I found out about this product. I think I heard about it from a youtuber. Anyways Im usually a neutrogena fan... but im not sure about this product. I used it once as a mask and it kept my face red for a good hour afterwards. It seemed to clear up my acne because I noticed that my skin calmed down... I guess ill have to give it a few more tries and come back for a final word. Ill give this a few more chances

on 11/22/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I remember using this when I was a teenager. Well about 10 years later I am back.
About a year ago I convinced myself that I was over the acne phase of my life and it was time to move into anti-aging and oil control mode. I started using foaming cleansers and strong toners and a ton of SA. While I felt like I was winning against wrinkles I was defiantly losing against pimples.
So after about 8 month, yes, 8 months, I found this on the bottom shelf of my bathroom. The tube is about 10 years old.
I didn't expect it to do much after 10 years but I was wrong. The next day most of my pimples had shrunk and after just 3 or 4 days, my skin looks so much better. Even my boyfriend mentioned it.
I use this twice a day, morning and night. It gets rid of all my makeup including Monistat primer which causes acne if not removed completely. Two or three times a week, I use this with my pretika. I don't use it as a mask because it is probably too harsh and I don't want to risk it.
I am so glad that I made the switch back to BP.

on 11/18/2009 7:07:00 PM

This is a good cleanser but be careful using it as a mask. You might want to see if your skin agrees with it first by testing it on a small area. I usually use it as a cleanser but tried it as a mask tonight. My skin turned very red and feels warm to the touch. I don't think I have particularly sensitive skin and this has never happened with any other mask. So I probably won't be doing that again but I'll still use it as a cleanser.

on 11/16/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin...this helps to control oil and prevent breakouts...This and Alba Sea Enzyme Scrub let me win the war against acne!

on 11/16/2009 3:23:00 PM

I am 32 years old and have had exteremely oily, acne pronse skin ever since I can remember. I've tried expensive stuff like DDF and Peter Thomas Roth and have finally found relief using this cleanser.

I wouldnt reccommend it as a mask unless you have tough skin, but I do leave it sit on my face for just a few minutes while I brush my teeth. Skin feels refreshed and extremely clean witout feeling stripped after use. It seems to be much more effective for me than Sacilyic Acid cleansers.

I've gone through an entire tube of this and can't believe how much clearer my skin looks.

Try It!

on 11/13/2009 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love love love this cleanser!! This has gotten rid of my acne and removed my makeup at the same time. Don't really use the mask maybe once a year lol but its a great cleanser.

on 10/23/2009 1:00:00 AM

I sincerely love this product even though I've only used this product three times. I had a planet on my forehead, but when I used this. The next day, my pimples had shrunken. Idk if this is normal or not, but my face gets itchy here and there. Not super itchy or anything. It also makes my face really soft! Normally cleansers don't do that to my face esp. the last cleanser I had which was Noxzema, it wasn't really doing anything to my skin except keeping it fresh and sort of clean. This product is definitely a must! Okay, only if it works for your skin. I have oily-combination skin and it worked for me cause Neutrogena is for people with combination to oily skin. I think they have products for dry skin people too but I'm not too sure about that. xD

on 10/16/2009 3:00:00 AM

When it comes to benzoyl peroxide, I'm very cautious because of past experiences. I decided that I have an allergy to it because everytime I used it, my skin would become dry, red, flaky, & dull. But I had to see what all the fuss was about and my acne hasn't been responding to salicylic acid. So I bought it and am so happy I did!! My skins finally clearing up and isn't irritated at all. In fact it doesn't even feel dry, just clean and like my pores are finally cleared out..I need a cleanser that does that as I wear foundation pretty much everyday. Yet another great acne product from Nuetrogena!