April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I currently use this as a cleanser even though I do not have any skin issues (other than large pores which get clogged easily). It works pretty well, cleanses skin nicely and doesn't leave that obnoxious film like some cleansers do. I like that you can use it either as a cleanser or a mask. It works nicely for my skin and I'm sure that it would work even better for someone with skin issues.

There is one problem with it though - it is definitely not for sensitive skin. It's a rather harsh product and should not be used as a mask by someone with sensitive skin... Also, it's a bad idea to leave it on the face for more than a few minutes. I have relatively sensitive skin and when I use it as a cleanser it works just fine, but if I use it as a mask and leave it on for more than a few minutesmy skin turns red (obvious sign of irritation). I remember putting it on once and leaving it on for maybe 6 or 7 minutes. After I washed my face it looked like I was wearing a red mask. Thankfully the redness went away within the hour, but it still wasn't very pleasant to look at.

Overall it is a good product. I would not repurchase it again simply because I don't have acne issues so using a product for acne is pretty pointless. I need something that cleanses as well as this product but is a bit milder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when I used to use this, I rarely got acne. I wish I knew why I stopped using it, but I found it last month and picked it up again!. best decision ever. this is great to use as a mask, esp on the t-zone. after about 5 or 7 minutes, i carefully wash it off, and i instantly have less blackheads and less oil. the best results come the next day though- m pores are invisible and my blackheads aren't even noticeable. i would be careful with where i use this and how long i leave it on though, if you're sensitive, this prob isn't for you. it left my cheeks red and pink, when i left it for more than 4 minutes. this 2 in 1 also works great as a cleanser, though i prefer the mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by besita

I absolutely love this stuff! I have been using it as a mask and it has done wonders for my skin. It really helped clear up the stubborn whiteheads and blackheads that I had. It is scented (smells good!) and is very tingly from the moment you put it on. It makes my skin feel super clean without any irritation or redness. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kjankowski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product totally blew my mind. In all my 25 years, I have never found a product that actually completely cleared away my blackheads after one use - or any number of uses, actually. I long ago came to the conclusion that something like that just didn't exist and that all the products claiming to were just exaggerating. BUT I am so glad I was wrong! After my first use, pretty much all my blackheads were gone. After several uses (always as a mask, not a cleanser), my pores look smaller and my face just looks cleaner. I am truly in love with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by chantalcc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely AMAZING! Softens skin, and clears up blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LeeLee1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works very well with my large-pored, oily/combination skin (I do not have sensitive skin)

I've been using it for a few years, and it's the only product I've used that visibly helps to clear/diminish the appearance of the blackheads on my nose and chin (only place I've had an issue with blackheads so far). This product has not made my skin peel or flake and has not made it dry.

I use this product as a mask. I apply it on my nose and chin in the morning, wait about 5 minutes, then rinse off. I follow with Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser (which I use morning and night) and cleanse my face and neck.

(See my Notepad for my complete skincare routine.)

NOTE: If you have sensitive skin you might want to think twice before purchasing this product (or any product before researching the ingredients or checking with a dermatologist). This one contains Benzol Peroxide (sp?), and judging from some of the previous reviews it has irritated some people's skin. I know from experience that I can put just about anything on my skin and it may not work out well, but the reaction won't be extreme.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the most part Neutrogena products are just okay for my skin, but I really hit the jackpot with this cleanser/mask combo.
My sister first gave me this when I visited her over winter-break and I;ve been using it since on a once weekly basis in the shower. I let it sit on my skin for about a minute or two when I work in the conditioner, and then I massage off- so it's like I'm using it as a mask and then as a cleanser. I notice a more even skin tone and much lower clogged pores, which is great. Right now I'm living overseas, so I wouldn't be so stingy with application if it wasn't my only tube. Definitely a staple when I get back home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by calicosteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I was using Proactiv for a while before I found this, and I think my skin was becoming immune to Proactiv. I went to the skin i.d. website and researched my skin type and what products would be recommended for me. It recommended a BP cleanser/mask and I managed to find Neutrogena's OTC Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It's the exact same product recommended on the website, but for lots cheaper. Skin i.d. is such a ripoff if you buy straight from that website btw, so jot down their recommendations and go out and look for similar products.

The product itself: It's creamy, no harsh smell, and feels amazing on the skin. This works so much better than Proactiv since it actually CLEANS your face and there's no irritation. This also works well to control acne and oily skin; my skin has definitely been better since using this. I use it daily as a cleanser and keep it on my face while I'm showering or brushing my teeth. This has a cooling effect as well and makes my skin feel fresh after using it. It's never overdrying and makes my skin soft. This is probably the best cleanser I've ever used!! Definitely my HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by drummagirl65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this everyday when I was younger, because my skin could take it. Since then, I started trying out other products (not because this didn't work, but because I just wanted to see if there was anything better out there) and eventually forgot about this. Thanks to MUA, I found this product again & I wonder why I ever stopped using it! My skin responds well to benzoyl peroxide, so this is great when I'm breaking out. I don't use this everyday like I used to, since my skin has changed a little and it would dry me out. I wash my face with this before bed (and use a less drying cleanser in the morning), and my face feels so soft and clean. The mask is great for my pimples and for a deep clean for my whole face. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with dry or sensitive skin, but if your skin reacts well to benzoyl peroxide, this product is for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I can say is OMG OMG OMG! This is the single worst product I have EVER put on my face. If you have sensitive skin, BEWARE! I put this on and after leaving on for about a minute or so, I started feeling an itchy, burning sensation. After washing it off, my face was BRIGHT RED! I looked like i had the worst sunburn of my life! My skin was a deep dark red that can only be described as tomato-like. And it burned like the dickens. What's more? I did this the night before my first day of college. Total panic set in. Luckily it went away by morning, but it was a horrible experience and was enough to turn me off of ALL Neutrogena products for life in lieu of it happening again. I don't know if I was just allergic to an ingredient or my skin is just too sensitive for it, but for the sake of your skin, be VERY cautious of this product. I would NEVER buy this product again...not even if you paid me!

ADDITION: I just read the other product reviews and apparently I am not the only one who had the "sunburn" problem. Be very careful and read the reviews of those that gave it low ratings before purchasing...that is...if you value your skin...