August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by berlin101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this concealer! The area around my nose and mouth is quite red and I have super pale skin...I'd be lost without this product. It gives great coverage and stays put all day! I use it in "light" underneath my mineral foundation and this combination really evens out my skin tone.
I've tried so many concealers before...the MAC concealer formed something looking like eraser fuzz when I applied it over my moisturizer...terrible. This does not happen with the Estee Lauder Double Wear.

I highly recommend this if you have red areas in your face that need to be covered.
The only negative thing (but even that didn't happen to all the tubes I bought) - because you don't need a lot, it lasts a long time...sometimes longer than the doe foot applicator. If used extensively, the foamy part can start to crumble.
Other than that - for me it's the best concealer out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by abcd989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC concealer, hands down, great coverage, stays put, nothing beats it. Creamy concealers slide off, I look flawless with this teamed with DW foundation, picture perfect. Only wish I'd had this on my wedding day instead of MAC studio fix which I find is rubbish compared to DW. BUY IT GIRLS!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by blooicee

Average concealer. It does cover up pimples quite well, but it lacks enough coverage for undereye circles. It's also quite drying as well...the area under my eyes look very dry if i don't moisturize properly before, and my skin looks very dry as well in the winter whenever I use this concealer to cover up redness. I would not repurchase since I believe there are better, cheaper alternatives available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought this one a second time because it's so easy to use and matches my skin. It's very nice but the price is a bit too high for a student like me:) There must be something similar that works just as well, but haven't done my research for a good substitute yet.

But as mentioned, nothing but good things about this one. I have some acne issues and I can just use this on the troubled areas and look naturally good. It doesn't make me break out and stays in place. Under my eyes I get a real healthy glow from it. But it doesn't cover 100% though, so it doesn't work as it should if I have really something to hide... So no, it's not a winner, but good.

EDIT: with a better foundation, this really is able to hide everything. I also use a green concealer on really red parts of skin before applying make up and this little help makes this concealer fully perform; I'd say I get camouflage up to 90%. I don't expect more since I don't think that's possible for the really big zits.

Been testing some other products and must admit that when I check myself after few hours of work in the toilets, I'm always rather amazed that the acne I was so worried about last night is still hidden under Estee Lauder, so my co-workers, friends, family and boyfriend don't see how red and irrited some blemishes are:)

I also appreciate the packaging more since I drag it with me everywhere for a quick touch up.

So yes, I will stay with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me c3/nc25; I use this in light/medium. This is pretty much like the DW liquid foundation: Once it sets, it stays all day. I use a primer underneath it - wait, then concealer - wait, then Studiofix powder.
I have been nothing but amazed by this product. Make sure to blend it though, it will not budge when dry. I highly recommend this product, so much better then the Amazing concealer which tends to slide off during the middle of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this concealer! I use it under my eyes most days and on blemishes every now and then. It's great for the under-eye area - I prime it with a light eye cream first and then tap the concealer in. It does fall into the creases a little bit, which is a minus, but then that's what concealers do. Other than that, the colour is perfect, it goes into the skin easily, gives good coverage to my dark circles and stays there really well for at least 7-8 hours before showing signs of sliding off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mdarlow

love this concealer,isnt drying on skin like some ive tried,seems to last well.i use double wear desert beige but use the lightest shade in the concelaer and is a great colour for me,will buy again,it is quite expensive tho but imagine it will last ages!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

A wonderful concealer for melasma. Great coverage! Not oily, and perfect matte. Not a 5 because of under eye dryness, but its wonderful other than that. Highly recommend to melasma suffers.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer cos my mum just loves it, so I decided to give it a try. I have really dark circles and really thin skin under my eyes, so its dark circles+fine lines. This concealer give pretty good coverage, bit dries my skin, I use moisturiser before uplying it. What I've noticed that after couple of hours it looks kinda orange!? and sets in fine lines a bit I set it with the powder. I have it in 1light. I will prob use it up, not sure about buying it again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. It works really well with my Double Wear foundation. I didn't give it 5 only because I don't think it gives 100% coverage but I really do like that it's not thick and cakey. For the price I think there could be a substitute.

I am fair skinned - I bought this concealer in #2.