October 31, 2014 | 752 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's makes lots of creamy lather, it smells so good, and it's relatively moisturizing for a bar soap- I'm hooked! I use this all over in the shower, it's great to shave with, and I think I'm going to try it with my Clarisonic face brush next!
I wish there was a lotion that smelled just like the soap, I would buy stock in the company!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AllyDennis

I need to express my utter JOY for finding this!!!!
I was reading up on CO washing my hair, and found out that the cheapest conditioner is best to use. So after purchasing about 10 bottles of $0.79 Alberto VO5, I decided that I wanted to not only simplify my hair routine, but cut down on my bathroom time in general. I literally spent about an hour in Walgreens looking around for a body wash that didn't have any harsh sulfates in it, and couldn't find ONE that was a reasonable price. So, I went to the bar soap area, and went looking through the Dove section. I have started breaking out on my body, so I decided I need a sensitive unscented version. LET ME TELL YOU, this bar soap is FANTASTIC. I lather it up on a washcloth, wash my body. Load it up on my Clarisonic Mia, and wash my face!
**THE POINT**
I have cystic acne all along my jawline and forehead. NOTHING has worked. NOTHING. Which means I have tried EVERYTHING. Upon first use, my face just felt good! My whole body and face just felt washed for the first time. I used to use Lever 2000 growing up, even on my face, and I never had breakouts through my teen years. Once I started meddling with acne products thinking, "If my face is kinda clear, maybe it will get even BETTER with Proactiv!!" WRONG. Since switching, my irritation has completely gone away, as well as my cystic acne on my jaw. Beautiful product. I use Seabreeze astringent at night, and a moisturizing toner in the morning. I tend to have oily skin, so I skip the moisturizer (which I have never tried, but it works for me now!) and my makeup even stays on longer now, with no sign or trace of flaky, irritated skin. I love this soap!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Dove for years! I use this on my face (oily) and body (normal) in the shower and I've never had any skin issues. In fact, it has kept my skin balanced all year round! It's a great product and comes in great scents, or unscented for people with sensitivity. Will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've kind of become a Dove snob... only with the beauty bar though. It doesn't dry out my skin like regular soaps do and I love the smells - not too strong, but certainly lovely. If you have sensitive or dry skin, this is definitely for you. I have a cousin who has the worst sensitive skin and this is the only thing she can use and she looks so good. I just love the feel of this, no filmy or icky texture left behind like you might feel with some. Just love it so much!

PS: A few months later I developed this strange rash in my armpit. I purchased the unscented one, a few months later it's now gone and the bar partially attributed to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shadrags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great soap especially for people with intolerant skin. I had bad sunscreen allergy and nothing seemed to soothe my facial skin now i just use dove for my face it has helped soothe my skin my skin hardly needs any extra moisturizing. Now I know why its called a classic formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by charisek

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this soap!!!! I've used it since I was a kid. It's the only soap that will moisturize your skin, and won't leave it feeling tight and dry. I even use it on my face, and its the only soap that will take my makeup off, including mascara. I'm in love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kay12345678

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this soap! It's the only one I use for body, been using it for years an years with no problem. My fav is the Pro-age line, but that is hard to come by :(
Leaves my skin clean without that dry/itchy feeling other soaps give me. Also works on my face as well, tho I usually follow with other face cleansers. I also use the bar soap in place of shaving cream for my very sensitive skin, perfect!!!! I very HIGHLY reccommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my god!I have to protect all innocents girls out there!!!DO NOT use it on your face!!!Might gives you Cystic Acne.
I am very surprised that a doctor might suggest it like a reviewer said-It cannot be true!!!
Do not be stupid like me just because the commercial IMPLY that you can put it on your face.
Well,i was young and innoccent back then...Great smell for the Body-only.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I'm one of the few dissenters on this, but Dove breaks me out in some kind of acne-rash hybrid. At first, I thought it was just pregnancy hormones. Then I realized the breakouts were much, much worse on my body than my face (which I cleanse with other products). After stopping with this for just 2 days, I've already seen an improvement. It's too bad, since it is inexpensive and doesn't contain any weird ingredients. It still works well for DH, but it definitely does not agree with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been using Dove to cleanse my face for years after it was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I was skeptical of anything labeled "moisturizing" at first, considering that my skin tends toward oiliness, but if anything, Dove neutralizes the oily tendency. Dove never irritates my very sensitive skin, leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and is dirt cheap - what's not to love?